Secretary of State: US intends to cooperate with Turkey on SGC
‘In order to provide support to the Southern Gas Corridor adn other energy projects, which contribute to global energy security, the US intends to cooperate with Turkey. These projects aim to diversify EUrope’s gas sources’, Tillerson said.
The Southern Gas Corridor is one of the priority energy projects for the EU. It envisages the transportation of gas from the Caspian region to the European countries through Georgia and Turkey. The gas to be produced as part of the Stage 2 of development of Azerbaijan’s Shah Deniz field is considered as the main source for the Southern Gas Corridor projects. As part of the Stage 2 of the Shah Deniz development, the gas will be exported to Turkey and European markets by expanding the South Caucasus Pipeline and the construction of Trans Anatolian Natural Gas Pipeline and Trans Adriatic Pipeline.
First gas transportation to neighbour country within TANAP will start in 2018. The planned capacity of the pipeline would be 16 billion cubic metres of natural gas per year at initial stage and would be increased later up to 23 billion cubic metres by 2023, 31 billion cubic metres by 2026.
1,802 km-TANAP will be linked to TAP from 2020 and deliver natural gas that will receive via South Caucasus Pipeline to Europe through Greece, Albania and Italy.
The pipeline is expected to cost US$9.2 billion. Azerbaijan will spend $6.1 billion.
TANAP shareholders: SOCAR - 58%, Botas – 30% and BP – 12%.
TAP will transport natural gas from the giant Shah Deniz II field in Azerbaijan to Europe. The approximately 878 km long pipeline will connect with the Trans Anatolian Pipeline (TANAP) at the Turkish-Greek border at Kipoi, cross Greece and Albania and the Adriatic Sea, before coming ashore in Southern Italy.
TAP’s shareholding is comprised of BP (20%), Southern Gas Corridor (20%), Snam (20%), Fluxys (19%), Enagás (16%) and Axpo (5%).
Related news releases
- 25.05.2018Vahid Alekberov comments on lawsuit between LUKOIL and Palmali Holding
- 25.05.2018LUKOIL negotiating with SOCAR on exploitation of Umid and Babek fields
- 25.05.2018Rosneft: US withdrawal from Iran nuclear deal may lead to reformation of world oil market
- 22.05.2018President Ilham Aliyev inaugurates high-voltage equipment plant in Baku - UPDATED
- 21.05.2018Ilham Aliyev: Regional energy cooperation rises to a new level
- 21.05.2018BP expects demand for oil to peak in late 2030s
- 21.05.2018Azerbaijan decreases energy export to Georgia by 12%
- 21.05.2018Azerbaijan decreases export of oil and oil products to Georgia 11%
- 21.05.2018Shahdeniz consortium ready to transport Azerbaijani gas to Bulgaria from 2020
- 18.05.2018Azerbaijan gets 2% decline in electric power production this year
- 17.05.2018SCPX first gas scope 99 percent complete
- 17.05.2018SCP daily average throughput makes up 23.1 mcm of gas
- 17.05.2018Shah Deniz 2 first gas scope 99 percent complete
- 17.05.2018Shahdeniz produces about 2.7 bcm of gas and 0.6 million tonnes of condensate
- 17.05.2018BTC exports more than 8 million tonnes of crude oil
- 17.05.2018ACG delivers 5.8 million cubic metres of associated gas to SOCAR
- 17.05.2018ACG produces 7 million tonnes of oil in Q1
- 16.05.2018Renewable energy to meet 100% of power demand in Nakhchivan
- 16.05.2018Gas transportation via main pipelines increases by 1%
- 16.05.2018BTC transports more than 2 million tonnes of transit oil in four months
- 16.05.2018Azerbaijan increases gold production nearly fivefold
- 16.05.2018Azerbaijan sees 11% in gas production
- 16.05.2018OPEC fulfills Vienna agreement by 172% in April
- 16.05.2018Azerbaijan sees 53% growth in revenues from export of oil products
- 16.05.2018SOCAR imports nearly 800 million cubic meters of gas from Russia in Q1
- 16.05.2018Azerbaijan gets 11%rise in natural gas export
- 16.05.2018Azerbaijan triples energy export this year
- 11.05.2018Berat Albayrak: TANAP to be launched on June 12
- 10.05.2018Azerbaijan fulfils its obligation on output cut
- 09.05.2018Ilham Aliyev receives president of International Association of Ports and Harbors - UPDATED
- 09.05.2018Azerbaijan exports over 20,000 tons of fuel to Georgia last month
- 08.05.2018SOCAR Georgia Gas to invest GEL7M in Georgia this year
- 08.05.2018Deputy Minister: Azerbaijan to become natural gas supplier of Georgia in 2019
- 08.05.2018Director: SOCAR Georgia Gas over-fulfils investment obligations
- 08.05.2018ACG produces 455 million tonnes of oil and 144.5 bcm of gas so far
- 07.05.2018Vice-Speaker: Azerbaijan replacing heavy fuel in energy production with natural gas
- 07.05.2018Azerbaijan to build new gas storage and compressor station
- 04.05.2018Petkim increases liabilities by 68% in 1Q2018
- 04.05.2018Transportation of oil products through SOCAR’s Kulevi terminal in Georgia declines
- 03.05.2018IMF: AzeriLight’s price will be $62
- 10.07.2017Azerbaijan quadruples revenues from energy export
- 10.07.2017SOCAR increases transfers to state budget and SSPF
- 10.07.2017Saudi Aramco to invest $300B to oil production
- 10.07.2017Azerbaijan gets sixfold increase in revenues from natural gas export
- 10.07.2017Azerbaijan gets 29% rise in revenues from crude oil
- 10.07.2017SOCAR President: Azerbaijan is ready to meet Europe’s demand for gas