Production on ACG reduced by 7 million barrels, expenditures by $118M
BP-Azerbaijan told APA-Economics that total ACG production for the quarter was on average 581,000 barrels per day (b/d) (over 52 million barrels or over 7 million tonnes in total) from the Chirag (55,000 b/d), Central Azeri (124,000 b/d), West Azeri (112,000 b/d), East Azeri (75,000 b/d), Deepwater Gunashli (121,000 b/d) and West Chirag (94,000 b/d) platforms.
In the first quarter of 2016 total ACG production was on average 651,000 barrels per day (b/d) (over 59 million barrels or 8 million tonnes in total) from the Chirag (46,000 b/d), Central Azeri (155,000 b/d), West Azeri (116,000 b/d), East Azeri (69,000 b/d), Deepwater Gunashli (139,000 b/d) and West Chirag (126,000 b/d) platforms.
At the end of the first quarter, 107 oil wells were producing, while 48 wells were used for gas or water injection. ACG completed 5 oil producers and 2 water injector wells during the first quarter of 2017.
In the first quarter of 2017, BP spent approximately $111 million in operating expenditure and about $304 million in capital expenditure on ACG activities. These figures relevantly made up $137 million and $396 million last year.
In the first quarter of 2017, ACG delivered an average of 12.1 million cubic metres per day of ACG associated gas to SOCAR (1.1 billion cubic metres in total), primarily at the Sangachal Terminal but also to SOCAR’s Oil Rocks facility. The remainder of the associated gas produced was re-injected for reservoir pressure maintenance.
In the first quarter of 2017, oil and gas from ACG and Shah Deniz continued to flow via subsea pipelines to the Sangachal Terminal. The daily capacity of the Terminal’s processing systems is currently 1.2 million barrels of crude oil and about 29.5 million standard cubic metres of Shah Deniz gas, while overall processing and export capacity for gas, including ACG associated gas is about 49.3 million standard cubic metres per day.
During the first quarter, the Sangachal terminal exported more than 69 million barrels of oil. This included over 60.5 million barrels through Baku-Tbilisi-Ceyhan (BTC), over 7.5 million barrels through the Western Route Export Pipeline (WREP), and more than 1.1 million barrels via a separate condensate export line.
Gas is exported via the South Caucasus Pipeline (SCP) and via SOCAR gas pipelines connecting the Terminal’s gas processing facilities with Azerigas’s national grid system.
On average, 26.5 million standard cubic metres (about 936 billion standard cubic feet) of Shah Deniz gas was exported from the Terminal daily during the first quarter.
ACG participating interests are: BP (35.8 per cent), SOCAR (11.6 per cent), Chevron (11.3 per cent), INPEX (11 per cent), Statoil (8.6 per cent), ExxonMobil (8 per cent), TPAO (6.8 per cent), ITOCHU (4.3 per cent), ONGC Videsh Limited (OVL) (2.7 per cent).
Related news releases
- 20.02.2018Azerbaijan doubles export of oil products to Georgia
- 20.02.2018Azerbaijan increases gas export to Georgia more than 1%
- 20.02.2018Azerbaijan increases energy export to Georgia by 11%
- 20.02.2018Azerbaijan exports more than 9,000 tonnes of fuel to Georgia last month
- 16.02.2018SGC Advisory Council provides political support to Shahdeniz 2 - DECLARATION
- 16.02.2018Azerbaijan earned $125B from ACG fields block so far
- 16.02.2018TANAP to transport 2 bcm of gas this year
- 16.02.2018BP remains committed to achieving a nationalization target of 90 percent for professional staff by year-end
- 16.02.2018BP-Azerbaijan: Overall, 99 percent of SCPX first gas scope is already complete
- 16.02.2018SCP spends $813M last year
- 16.02.2018Shah Deniz 2 first gas scope is now 99 per cent complete - BP
- 16.02.2018Shahdeniz produces 10.2 bcm of gas and 2.4 million tonnes of condensate last year
- 16.02.2018Amount of capital and operating expenditures on Shahdeniz announced
- 16.02.2018BTC exports 34 million tonnes of crude oil in 2017
- 16.02.2018Sangachal terminal exports more than 283 million barrels of oil in 2017
- 16.02.2018ACG delivers nearly 3 bcm of associated gas to SOCAR last year
- 16.02.2018ACG produces 29 million in total tonnes of oil last year
- 16.02.2018$1.64B spent on ACG last year
- 16.02.2018S&P could downgrade Azerenerji
- 16.02.2018Details of documents signed at the 4th Ministerial Meeting of SGC Advisory Council announced
- 16.02.2018S&P: Without ongoing and extraordinary state support, Azerenerji would face difficulties in servicing its debt
- 16.02.2018S&P anticipates no tariff revisions in Azerbaijan in next two years
- 16.02.2018Azerbaijan gets 73% growth in solar power production in January
- 16.02.2018Azerbaijan increases gasoline and diesel production this year
- 16.02.2018Azerbaijan increases gold production by 7.1-fold last month
- 16.02.2018Azerbaijan reduces oil and gas production
- 16.02.2018S&P: Outlook on Azerenerji is negative
- 16.02.2018Gas transportation via main pipelines increases by over 2%
- 16.02.2018BTC transports 554,000 tonnes of transit oil last month
- 16.02.2018Azerbaijani President: "Azerbaijan is ready to enter the European market with its gas resources"
- 15.02.2018Azerbaijani President: "The Southern Gas Corridor is a main element of the strategy that helps us to diversify our economy" - UPDATED
- 15.02.2018Southern Gas Corridor will ensure energy security worldwide: US State Department official
- 15.02.2018Total construction costs of STAR Refinery increased to $6.3B – Fitch
- 15.02.2018Europe ready to discuss Iran’s joining SGC - Maros Sefcovic
- 15.02.2018Minister: Azerbaijan has successfully been implementing oil and gas strategy for long years
- 15.02.2018Maros Sefcovic: We’ll feel safer when SGC provides Europe with energy
- 15.02.2018Fitch views contract to extend PSA for ACG as positive
- 15.02.2018Maros Sefcovic: Turkmenistan’s joining SGC is being discussed
- 15.02.2018Minister: First gas on TANAP to be transported from Azerbaijan to Turkey in the middle of this year
- 15.02.2018Joint Declaration signed at 4th Ministerial Meeting of SGC Advisory Council
- 10.05.2017BP dismisses 32 Azerbaijani national employees in Q1
- 10.05.2017BP: Shahdeniz Stage 2 now over 92% complete
- 10.05.2017Shahdeniz produces 2.4 bcm of gas in Q1
- 05.05.2017Azerbaijan submits data on April’s oil output to OPEC
- 05.05.2017Iran to purchase additional energy from Azerbaijan in summer months - minister - EXCLUSIVE
- 05.05.2017Brent crude oil price drops to 5-month low of $47 per barrel