President Ilham Aliyev launches Chichakli Hydroelectric Power Station after major overhaul
President of the Republic of Azerbaijan Ilham Aliyev has today attended the opening of the newly renovated 3 MW Chichakli Hydroelectric Power Station in Ashaghi Zurnabad settlement in the country’s Goygol district.
President of Azerenerji OJSC Etibar Pirverdiyev informed the head of state about the power station.
Three hydroturbines and three hydrogenerators each having a capacity of 1 MW were installed at the station.
As part of the reconstruction works, 35/6/0,4 kV substations were constructed and electricity transmission lines were laid at the station.
The capacity of the station's water basin is 153,000 cubic metres. The height of the dam is 10 metres, while its length is 134 metres, its upper part is 5 metres in width, while the width of bottom is 60 metres. The cross-section of the station's derivation canal is 5 square metres, while its length is 3800 metres.
Chichakli Hydroelectric Power Station with a production capacity of 20 million kilowatt-hours of electricity per year, will meet 15 per cent of electricity needs of Goygol district and 75 per cent of needs of the city of Goygol.
A state-of-the-art lightning system was installed, landscaping work was done and green areas were created here. Twenty new jobs will be created here.
The head of state launched the power station.
- 19.09.2017President Ilham Aliyev awards some oil workers
- 18.09.2017Azerbaijan gets decline in solar power production
- 18.09.2017Azerbaijan triples gold production
- 18.09.2017Gas processing plant processes 1.7 bcm of gas this year
- 15.09.2017Azerbaijan sees 18.5% decline in diesel production
- 15.09.2017SOCAR reduces oil output by 9%
- 14.09.2017SOCAR, Statoil discuss development of "Karabakh" oilfield and "Ashrafi" and "Dan Ulduzu" structures
- 14.09.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives Statoil Executive Vice President - UPDATED
- 14.09.2017President Ilham Aliyev meets with UK Minister of State
- 14.09.2017Ambassador: US is pleased to continue cooperation with Azerbaijan within extension of agreement on ACG development
- 14.09.2017UK PM: I’m sure the new contract will further develop our coop with Azerbaijan
- 14.09.2017Turkish presidents sends message to participants of signing ceremony of new ACG contract
- 14.09.2017Georgian PM: Signing of new ACG contract ‘a historic event’
- 14.09.2017BP: Over $40B to be invested in ACG development
- 14.09.2017Turkey says will continue to be important partner of Azerbaijan
- 14.09.2017New ACG participating interests announced
- 14.09.2017President: We established very profitable cooperation with BP during 23 years
- 14.09.2017Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan lives at its own expense
- 14.09.2017Azerbaijani goverment and co-venturers sign amended and restated Azeri-Chirag-Deepwater Guneshli PSA
- 14.09.2017President: Azerbaijan’s currency reserves will increase more
- 14.09.2017President: New contract on ACG development is signed with more favorable and better conditions for Azerbaijan
- 14.09.2017Ceremony being held for signing a new contract on development of ACG field by 2050
- 13.09.2017IGB to sign agreement with Azerbaijan in early 2018 - OFFICIAL
- 13.09.2017Non-OPEC countries fulfill agreement by 118% thanks to Azerbaijan
- 13.09.2017Oil up on OPEC output decline; U.S. refinery restarts
- 12.09.2017Azerbaijan gets 41% decline in export of oil products
- 12.09.2017Azerbaijan gets 22% rise in revenues from natural gas export
- 12.09.2017Azerbaijan gets 22% decline in revenues from crude oil export
- 12.09.2017Azerbaijan quadruples revenues from energy export
- 12.09.2017Oil prices dip as traders assess U.S. hurricane impact
- 11.09.2017SOCAR increases budget transfers by 15%
- 08.09.2017Georgia reduces gasoline and diesel import from Azerbaijan
- 08.09.2017Oil transportation via BTC declines 10%
- 08.09.2017Volume of Azerbaijani oil transported through Ceyhan port announced
- 08.09.2017Turkmenistan sharply increases oil transportation via BTC
- 07.09.2017More than 50% of TAP completed
- 07.09.2017Baker Hughes ready to continue cooperation with TANAP
- 07.09.2017Ambassador: Italian government interested in completion of TAP in time
- 07.09.2017Oil steady as U.S. refining demand rises but ample crude supplies weigh
- 06.09.2017Ilham Aliyev: New contract on ACG field to be signed in a few days
- 20.08.2017President Ilham Aliyev launched Gadabay electrical substation
- 20.08.2017President Ilham Aliyev attended opening of Shamkir Automated Management and Control Center of “Azerishig” OJSC
- 22.08.2017OPEC to discuss ending or extending production cut in November: Kuwait minister
- 18.08.2017Funds allocated for reconstruction of water infrastructure in Baku’s Khazar district
- 18.08.2017ENOC realizes another supply of crude oil to Iran despite US sanctions
- 17.08.2017South Caucasus Pipeline Expansion project now ‘96% complete’