Oil prices plummet to lowest level in 7 months
Crude oil prices plummeted to their lowest level in seven months on Tuesday as rising global oversupply continues to worry investors, APA reports quoting Anadolu agency.
International benchmark Brent crude fell 3.1 percent to as low as $45.45 per barrel -- its lowest level since Nov. 15.
American benchmark West Texas Intermediate lost 2.8 percent to reach as low as $42.95 a barrel -- its lowest level since Nov. 14.
Libya's oil production climbed to its highest level in four years, which added to the glut of supply in the global crude market, according to experts.
The country's oil output reached 730,000 barrels per day (bpd) in May, according to OPEC's Monthly Oil Market report in June. Libya's oil production averaged 390,000 bpd in 2016, the report shows.
OPEC agreeing to extend its production cut agreement with Russia through March 2018 does not seem to have rid the market of oversupply, while U.S. crude oil production continues to rise, according to experts.
U.S. oil output recently reached 9.33 million bpd, up 10 percent from 8.47 million bpd last October, according to Energy Information Administration (EIA) data.
Related news releases
- 23.11.2017Ambassador: Southern Gas Corridor to allow Azerbaijan to turn into a huge energy exporter
- 22.11.2017SOCAR clarifies gas import from Gazprom
- 22.11.2017Azerbaijan resumes gas import from Russia
- 21.11.2017TAP realization bases on Europe’s fundamental values - Snam
- 20.11.2017SOCAR reduces oil output by 2% in January-October
- 20.11.2017Minister: 94 percent of works on TANAP completed
- 20.11.2017Number of BP’s Azerbaijani national employees declining
- 20.11.2017BP: 98 percent of construction on SCP Expansion is completed
- 20.11.2017South Caucasus Pipeline spends $657M this year
- 20.11.2017BTC spends $120M this year
- 20.11.2017BP: 27 million standard cubic metres of Shah Deniz gas was exported from Sangachal Terminal daily
- 20.11.2017Shah Deniz spends more than $2.6 billion this year
- 20.11.2017Shahdeniz 2 is now over 97 percent complete: BP
- 20.11.2017Volume of AGC production announced
- 17.11.2017Price of gasoline AI-95 and AI-98 increased in Azerbaijan
- 16.11.2017Volume of oil and gas transported via main pipelines announced
- 16.11.2017Azerbaijan exports 38% of its gas reserves
- 16.11.2017Azerbaijan reduces diesel production by 21%
- 16.11.2017SOCAR President: Works on SGC carried out on schedule
- 16.11.2017SOCAR: Petkim quintuples revenues
- 16.11.2017Transneft halts oil transportation from Azerbaijan due to earthquake
- 15.11.2017Three high-ranking officials of Energy Ministry dismissed
- 15.11.2017Ministry: Baku and Ankara implemented a project that Europe could not carry out for years
- 14.11.2017Turkish Minister of Energy and Natural Resources to visit Azerbaijan
- 14.11.2017Azerbaijan increases revenues from gas export
- 14.11.2017Azerbaijan sees 27% growth in revenues from crude oil export
- 14.11.2017SOCAR Petroleum: Current break in sale of AI-98 gasoline to last for a month
- 13.11.2017OPEC member states decrease oil production
- 13.11.2017Working Group on improvement and finalization of 2016 EIT report holds meeting
- 13.11.2017SOCAR might buy oil refinery in Italy
- 13.11.2017Azerbaijan sees 7.2% decline in oil output
- 13.11.2017Azpetrol General Director reveals forecasts on gasoline price
- 13.11.2017Azpetrol comments on quality of fuel
- 13.11.2017General Director: Azpetrol already plans to install facilities designed for charging electric vehicles
- 13.11.2017BTC transported more than 344 million tonnes of oil so far
- 13.11.2017Volume of Azerbaijani oil transported through Ceyhan port announced
- 10.11.2017Azerbaijani president: Extension of ACG will bring tens of billions of dollars in additional investment
- 10.11.2017President Ilham Aliyev attends opening of “Yeni Ganja” substation
- 10.11.2017Petkim pays $11M advance for construction of new administrative building
- 10.11.2017SOCAR transfers AZN 1.3B to state budget
- 22.06.2017Azerbaijani oil goes up
- 22.06.2017TAP invests €9M to upgrade fleet of utility vehicles in Northern Greece
- 23.06.2017Azerbaijani oil goes up
- 20.06.2017SOCAR applies to Georgian government for increase of gas price
- 19.06.2017EU seeks to extend Southern Gas Corridor to Central Asia
- 19.06.2017Azerbaijan gets 20-fold rise in revenues from energy export to Georgia