Oil prices plummet to lowest level in 7 months
Crude oil prices plummeted to their lowest level in seven months on Tuesday as rising global oversupply continues to worry investors, APA reports quoting Anadolu agency.
International benchmark Brent crude fell 3.1 percent to as low as $45.45 per barrel -- its lowest level since Nov. 15.
American benchmark West Texas Intermediate lost 2.8 percent to reach as low as $42.95 a barrel -- its lowest level since Nov. 14.
Libya's oil production climbed to its highest level in four years, which added to the glut of supply in the global crude market, according to experts.
The country's oil output reached 730,000 barrels per day (bpd) in May, according to OPEC's Monthly Oil Market report in June. Libya's oil production averaged 390,000 bpd in 2016, the report shows.
OPEC agreeing to extend its production cut agreement with Russia through March 2018 does not seem to have rid the market of oversupply, while U.S. crude oil production continues to rise, according to experts.
U.S. oil output recently reached 9.33 million bpd, up 10 percent from 8.47 million bpd last October, according to Energy Information Administration (EIA) data.
Related news releases
- 21.09.2017SOCAR and its partners invested $76B in oil and gas industry so far
- 21.09.2017Shah Deniz-2 is making good progress towards full completion on schedule and below the planned budget - BP
- 21.09.2017Vice President: Favorable oil price for SOCAR is $60-65, but we take into account realities in our strategy
- 21.09.2017SOCAR sells 1.4 million tonnes of gasoline, 1.2 million tonnes of diesel in Azerbaijan
- 20.09.2017$42.7B to be invested in ACG
- 20.09.2017AZN 16B transferred to SOCAR’s accounts in authorized banks
- 20.09.2017SOCAR imports 1.1 bcm of gas this year
- 20.09.2017SOCAR announces base price of crude oil and gas
- 20.09.2017Volume of oil and condensate extracted from Shahdeniz so far announced
- 20.09.2017BTC transported nearly 340 million tonnes of Azerbaijani oil so far
- 20.09.2017Azerbaijan oil output to reach 2 billion tonnes
- 19.09.2017President Ilham Aliyev awards some oil workers
- 18.09.2017Azerbaijan gets decline in solar power production
- 18.09.2017Azerbaijan triples gold production
- 18.09.2017Gas processing plant processes 1.7 bcm of gas this year
- 15.09.2017Azerbaijan sees 18.5% decline in diesel production
- 15.09.2017SOCAR reduces oil output by 9%
- 14.09.2017SOCAR, Statoil discuss development of "Karabakh" oilfield and "Ashrafi" and "Dan Ulduzu" structures
- 14.09.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives Statoil Executive Vice President - UPDATED
- 14.09.2017President Ilham Aliyev meets with UK Minister of State
- 14.09.2017Ambassador: US is pleased to continue cooperation with Azerbaijan within extension of agreement on ACG development
- 14.09.2017UK PM: I’m sure the new contract will further develop our coop with Azerbaijan
- 14.09.2017Turkish presidents sends message to participants of signing ceremony of new ACG contract
- 14.09.2017Georgian PM: Signing of new ACG contract ‘a historic event’
- 14.09.2017BP: Over $40B to be invested in ACG development
- 14.09.2017Turkey says will continue to be important partner of Azerbaijan
- 14.09.2017New ACG participating interests announced
- 14.09.2017President: We established very profitable cooperation with BP during 23 years
- 14.09.2017Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan lives at its own expense
- 14.09.2017Azerbaijani goverment and co-venturers sign amended and restated Azeri-Chirag-Deepwater Guneshli PSA
- 14.09.2017President: Azerbaijan’s currency reserves will increase more
- 14.09.2017President: New contract on ACG development is signed with more favorable and better conditions for Azerbaijan
- 14.09.2017Ceremony being held for signing a new contract on development of ACG field by 2050
- 13.09.2017IGB to sign agreement with Azerbaijan in early 2018 - OFFICIAL
- 13.09.2017Non-OPEC countries fulfill agreement by 118% thanks to Azerbaijan
- 13.09.2017Oil up on OPEC output decline; U.S. refinery restarts
- 12.09.2017Azerbaijan gets 41% decline in export of oil products
- 12.09.2017Azerbaijan gets 22% rise in revenues from natural gas export
- 12.09.2017Azerbaijan gets 22% decline in revenues from crude oil export
- 12.09.2017Azerbaijan quadruples revenues from energy export
- 22.06.2017Azerbaijani oil goes up
- 22.06.2017TAP invests €9M to upgrade fleet of utility vehicles in Northern Greece
- 23.06.2017Azerbaijani oil goes up
- 20.06.2017SOCAR applies to Georgian government for increase of gas price
- 19.06.2017EU seeks to extend Southern Gas Corridor to Central Asia
- 19.06.2017Azerbaijan gets 20-fold rise in revenues from energy export to Georgia