Natig Aliyev’s body to be brought to Baku tomorrow – ministry - UPDATED
According to head of the press service of the energy ministry Zamina Aliyeva, his body will be in Baku at 09:30 am.
Earlier, it had been reported that Natig Aliyev’s body would be brought to Baku today.
Body of Azerbaijan’s energy minister Natig Aliyev will be brought to Azerbaijan today.
According to energy ministry, his body will be in Baku at evening.
Farewell ceremony for him will be held in Shahriyar Culture Centre at 12:00 p.m.
There is no information about where he will be buried.
Azerbaijani Energy Minister Natig Aliyev, who had been receiving treatment in Istanbul Florence Nightingale Hospital, died following a sudden complication on Friday morning.
A few days ago, Energy Minister Natig Aliyev had been placed at the Central Hospital of Oil Workers in Baku due to heart problems. Thereafter, he was brought to Turkey for medical treatment.
Natiq Aghaami oglu Aliyev was born on November 23, 1947 in Baku, Azerbaijan.
In 1965, he graduated from the secondary school, in 1970 - from Azerbaijan State Oil Academy. He started working in the field once he was employed by Azerdenizneftkeshfiyyat trust of Xəzərdənizneftqazsenaye PU in 1970.
In 1971 he got postgraduate education in Geology Institution of National Sciences Academy of Azerbaijan. He had a PhD in Geology-Mineralogy Sciences since 1974.
He was appointed chief of geology department at Azerdenizneftkeshfiyyat trust of Xəzərdənizneftqazsenaye PU in 1979, the Chief Instructor of Department at the administration of Central Committee of Azerbaijan Communist Party in 1984.
In 1993-2005, he worked as SOCAR President and Chairman of Board of Directors.
He was appointed as chairman of The Steering Committee for the development of the Azeri, Chirag and deepwater portion of the Gunashli (ACG) fields in 1994, chairman of BTC Board of Directors in 2002.
In 2005-2013 he worked as Minister of Industry and Energy. On October 22, 2013 he was appointed as the Minister of Energy.
He had more than 100 articles, scientific works and books published. He had been academician of International East Oil Academy, doctor of economic sciences since 2008.
He was elected as correspondent member of the International Academy of Engineering (IAE) in 2008.
Related news releases
- 21.05.2018Ilham Aliyev: Regional energy cooperation rises to a new level
- 21.05.2018BP expects demand for oil to peak in late 2030s
- 21.05.2018Azerbaijan decreases energy export to Georgia by 12%
- 21.05.2018Azerbaijan decreases export of oil and oil products to Georgia 11%
- 21.05.2018Shahdeniz consortium ready to transport Azerbaijani gas to Bulgaria from 2020
- 18.05.2018Azerbaijan gets 2% decline in electric power production this year
- 17.05.2018SCPX first gas scope 99 percent complete
- 17.05.2018SCP daily average throughput makes up 23.1 mcm of gas
- 17.05.2018Shah Deniz 2 first gas scope 99 percent complete
- 17.05.2018Shahdeniz produces about 2.7 bcm of gas and 0.6 million tonnes of condensate
- 17.05.2018BTC exports more than 8 million tonnes of crude oil
- 17.05.2018ACG delivers 5.8 million cubic metres of associated gas to SOCAR
- 17.05.2018ACG produces 7 million tonnes of oil in Q1
- 16.05.2018Renewable energy to meet 100% of power demand in Nakhchivan
- 16.05.2018Gas transportation via main pipelines increases by 1%
- 16.05.2018BTC transports more than 2 million tonnes of transit oil in four months
- 16.05.2018Azerbaijan increases gold production nearly fivefold
- 16.05.2018Azerbaijan sees 11% in gas production
- 16.05.2018OPEC fulfills Vienna agreement by 172% in April
- 16.05.2018Azerbaijan sees 53% growth in revenues from export of oil products
- 16.05.2018SOCAR imports nearly 800 million cubic meters of gas from Russia in Q1
- 16.05.2018Azerbaijan gets 11%rise in natural gas export
- 16.05.2018Azerbaijan triples energy export this year
- 11.05.2018Berat Albayrak: TANAP to be launched on June 12
- 10.05.2018Azerbaijan fulfils its obligation on output cut
- 09.05.2018Ilham Aliyev receives president of International Association of Ports and Harbors - UPDATED
- 09.05.2018Azerbaijan exports over 20,000 tons of fuel to Georgia last month
- 08.05.2018SOCAR Georgia Gas to invest GEL7M in Georgia this year
- 08.05.2018Deputy Minister: Azerbaijan to become natural gas supplier of Georgia in 2019
- 08.05.2018Director: SOCAR Georgia Gas over-fulfils investment obligations
- 08.05.2018ACG produces 455 million tonnes of oil and 144.5 bcm of gas so far
- 07.05.2018Vice-Speaker: Azerbaijan replacing heavy fuel in energy production with natural gas
- 07.05.2018Azerbaijan to build new gas storage and compressor station
- 04.05.2018Petkim increases liabilities by 68% in 1Q2018
- 04.05.2018Transportation of oil products through SOCAR’s Kulevi terminal in Georgia declines
- 03.05.2018IMF: AzeriLight’s price will be $62
- 03.05.2018IMF forecasts 33% growth in Azerbaijan’s gas export
- 03.05.2018Azerbaijan reduces energy production by more than 4%
- 03.05.2018Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) establishes MIT-Azerbaijan Fund to support young entrepreneurs and startup ecosystem development in Azerbaijan
- 03.05.2018Changes made in program of Caspian Energy Forum Tbilisi – 2018
- 09.06.2017Azerishig chairman awarded order "For Service to Motherland
- 12.06.2017Azerbaijan gets 10% decline in revenues from crude oil export
- 12.06.2017Azerbaijan gets sixfold increase in natural gas export
- 09.06.2017Azerbaijan's energy minister Natig Aliyev dies - UPDATED
- 08.06.2017Deputy Minister: Campaign against Azerbaijan after it left EITI was not effective
- 08.06.2017Volume of Azerbaijan’s active gas in underground storages makes up 1.3 bcm