Natig Aliyev’s body to be brought to Baku tomorrow – ministry - UPDATED
According to head of the press service of the energy ministry Zamina Aliyeva, his body will be in Baku at 09:30 am.
Earlier, it had been reported that Natig Aliyev’s body would be brought to Baku today.
Body of Azerbaijan’s energy minister Natig Aliyev will be brought to Azerbaijan today.
According to energy ministry, his body will be in Baku at evening.
Farewell ceremony for him will be held in Shahriyar Culture Centre at 12:00 p.m.
There is no information about where he will be buried.
Azerbaijani Energy Minister Natig Aliyev, who had been receiving treatment in Istanbul Florence Nightingale Hospital, died following a sudden complication on Friday morning.
A few days ago, Energy Minister Natig Aliyev had been placed at the Central Hospital of Oil Workers in Baku due to heart problems. Thereafter, he was brought to Turkey for medical treatment.
Natiq Aghaami oglu Aliyev was born on November 23, 1947 in Baku, Azerbaijan.
In 1965, he graduated from the secondary school, in 1970 - from Azerbaijan State Oil Academy. He started working in the field once he was employed by Azerdenizneftkeshfiyyat trust of Xəzərdənizneftqazsenaye PU in 1970.
In 1971 he got postgraduate education in Geology Institution of National Sciences Academy of Azerbaijan. He had a PhD in Geology-Mineralogy Sciences since 1974.
He was appointed chief of geology department at Azerdenizneftkeshfiyyat trust of Xəzərdənizneftqazsenaye PU in 1979, the Chief Instructor of Department at the administration of Central Committee of Azerbaijan Communist Party in 1984.
In 1993-2005, he worked as SOCAR President and Chairman of Board of Directors.
He was appointed as chairman of The Steering Committee for the development of the Azeri, Chirag and deepwater portion of the Gunashli (ACG) fields in 1994, chairman of BTC Board of Directors in 2002.
In 2005-2013 he worked as Minister of Industry and Energy. On October 22, 2013 he was appointed as the Minister of Energy.
He had more than 100 articles, scientific works and books published. He had been academician of International East Oil Academy, doctor of economic sciences since 2008.
He was elected as correspondent member of the International Academy of Engineering (IAE) in 2008.
Related news releases
- 23.06.2017Azeristiliktechizat’s loss exceeds AZN 117M
- 23.06.2017Azerbaijani oil goes up
- 22.06.2017TAP invests €9M to upgrade fleet of utility vehicles in Northern Greece
- 22.06.2017Azerbaijani oil goes up
- 20.06.2017Oil prices plummet to lowest level in 7 months
- 20.06.2017SOCAR applies to Georgian government for increase of gas price
- 19.06.2017EU seeks to extend Southern Gas Corridor to Central Asia
- 19.06.2017Azerbaijan gets 20-fold rise in revenues from energy export to Georgia
- 19.06.2017Azerbaijan reduces export of oil products to Georgia
- 19.06.2017Azerbaijan increases gas export to Georgia 13%
- 16.06.2017Azerbaijan increases gas transportation 11% this year
- 16.06.2017Azerbaijan gets 6% decline in natural gas production
- 16.06.2017SOCAR reduces gas production more than 5%
- 16.06.2017Oil output declines nearly 8% year-on-year
- 16.06.2017Bulgarian government starts negotiations with SOCAR
- 14.06.2017USD rate for June 16 announced
- 14.06.2017EU remains as main foreign trade partner of Azerbaijan
- 14.06.2017OPEC Secretary General: Natig Aliyev was one of main architects of Vienna agreement
- 13.06.2017OPEC: Azerbaijan’s oil supply remained lower year-on-year by 80,000 barrels
- 12.06.2017Baku hosts Azerbaijan-Korea energy forum
- 12.06.2017External managers manage 8.5% of SOFAZ investment portfolio
- 12.06.2017SOFAZ’s revenue from sales of profit oil and gas amounts to $5.2B
- 12.06.2017Azerbaijan quadruples revenues from energy export
- 07.06.2017SOCAR’s subsidiary abolished
- 06.06.2017Azerbaijan delivers 207,000 tonnes of oil to Ukraine since May 10
- 06.06.2017Azerenergy gets 5% decline in production
- 06.06.2017PM: Bulgaria interested in Azerbaijani gas
- 05.06.2017Gazprom considering TAP as extra version
- 05.06.2017Azerbaijan submits data on May’s oil output to OPEC
- 05.06.2017BTC transports 2.2 million tonnes of Azerbaijani oil in May
- 02.06.2017Azerbaijan sees rise in May’s monetary base
- 02.06.2017BP Vice President: BP and partners invested $66 billion in Azerbaijan
- 02.06.2017BP signs $1.1B-contracts with 167 Azerbaijani companies last year
- 02.06.2017Shahdeniz produces 83 bcm of gas so far - SOCAR
- 02.06.2017Totally 53 bcm of Shahdeniz 1 gas transported to Georgia and Turkey so far
- 02.06.2017BTC transports 333M tonnes of Azerbaijani oil till June
- 02.06.2017Khoshbakht Yusifzade: ACG sold 240 million tonnes of profit oil so far
- 01.06.2017SOCAR announces volume of exported oil products
- 01.06.2017SOCAR announces volume of crude oil exported since early 2017
- 01.06.2017SOCAR announces sale price of crude oil for last month
- 09.06.2017Azerishig chairman awarded order "For Service to Motherland
- 12.06.2017Azerbaijan gets 10% decline in revenues from crude oil export
- 12.06.2017Azerbaijan gets sixfold increase in natural gas export
- 09.06.2017Azerbaijan's energy minister Natig Aliyev dies - UPDATED
- 08.06.2017Deputy Minister: Campaign against Azerbaijan after it left EITI was not effective
- 08.06.2017Volume of Azerbaijan’s active gas in underground storages makes up 1.3 bcm