Ilham Aliyev: Historical achievements made in Azerbaijan’s oil and gas sector thanks to BP-SOCAR co-op
The Shah Deniz gas field development is a strategic project for Azerbaijan, said Azerbaijani President Ilham Aliyev.
The Shah Deniz 2 project is now 96 percent complete, President Aliyev said at a ceremony of launching the state-of-the-art Khankendi subsea construction vessel built as part of the project, APA reported.
“The project is now 96 percent complete. This means that the project has already been implemented. It is impossible to develop the Shah Deniz field with maximum efficiency without the Khankendi vessel,” he said.
The head of state said that large investments were thoughtfully and systematically made in the oil and gas sector of Azerbaijan, and today the result is visible.
Historical achievements have been made in Azerbaijan’s oil and gas sector thanks to the joint activities and cooperation of BP and SOCAR, stressed President Aliyev.
“I highly appreciate the activity of the Caspian Shipping Company. Its activity meets international standards. The shipping company already works with profit, pays big taxes to the budget,” he said.
The president added that the successfully development of transport and energy infrastructure makes a great contribution to the overall development of Azerbaijan.
Related news releases
- 21.09.2017SOCAR and its partners invested $76B in oil and gas industry so far
- 21.09.2017Shah Deniz-2 is making good progress towards full completion on schedule and below the planned budget - BP
- 21.09.2017Vice President: Favorable oil price for SOCAR is $60-65, but we take into account realities in our strategy
- 21.09.2017SOCAR sells 1.4 million tonnes of gasoline, 1.2 million tonnes of diesel in Azerbaijan
- 20.09.2017$42.7B to be invested in ACG
- 20.09.2017AZN 16B transferred to SOCAR’s accounts in authorized banks
- 20.09.2017SOCAR imports 1.1 bcm of gas this year
- 20.09.2017SOCAR announces base price of crude oil and gas
- 20.09.2017Volume of oil and condensate extracted from Shahdeniz so far announced
- 20.09.2017BTC transported nearly 340 million tonnes of Azerbaijani oil so far
- 20.09.2017Azerbaijan oil output to reach 2 billion tonnes
- 19.09.2017President Ilham Aliyev awards some oil workers
- 18.09.2017Azerbaijan gets decline in solar power production
- 18.09.2017Azerbaijan triples gold production
- 18.09.2017Gas processing plant processes 1.7 bcm of gas this year
- 15.09.2017Azerbaijan sees 18.5% decline in diesel production
- 15.09.2017SOCAR reduces oil output by 9%
- 14.09.2017SOCAR, Statoil discuss development of "Karabakh" oilfield and "Ashrafi" and "Dan Ulduzu" structures
- 14.09.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives Statoil Executive Vice President - UPDATED
- 14.09.2017President Ilham Aliyev meets with UK Minister of State
- 14.09.2017Ambassador: US is pleased to continue cooperation with Azerbaijan within extension of agreement on ACG development
- 14.09.2017UK PM: I’m sure the new contract will further develop our coop with Azerbaijan
- 14.09.2017Turkish presidents sends message to participants of signing ceremony of new ACG contract
- 14.09.2017Georgian PM: Signing of new ACG contract ‘a historic event’
- 14.09.2017BP: Over $40B to be invested in ACG development
- 14.09.2017Turkey says will continue to be important partner of Azerbaijan
- 14.09.2017New ACG participating interests announced
- 14.09.2017President: We established very profitable cooperation with BP during 23 years
- 14.09.2017Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan lives at its own expense
- 14.09.2017Azerbaijani goverment and co-venturers sign amended and restated Azeri-Chirag-Deepwater Guneshli PSA
- 14.09.2017President: Azerbaijan’s currency reserves will increase more
- 14.09.2017President: New contract on ACG development is signed with more favorable and better conditions for Azerbaijan
- 14.09.2017Ceremony being held for signing a new contract on development of ACG field by 2050
- 13.09.2017IGB to sign agreement with Azerbaijan in early 2018 - OFFICIAL
- 13.09.2017Non-OPEC countries fulfill agreement by 118% thanks to Azerbaijan
- 13.09.2017Oil up on OPEC output decline; U.S. refinery restarts
- 12.09.2017Azerbaijan gets 41% decline in export of oil products
- 12.09.2017Azerbaijan gets 22% rise in revenues from natural gas export
- 12.09.2017Azerbaijan gets 22% decline in revenues from crude oil export
- 12.09.2017Azerbaijan quadruples revenues from energy export
- 06.09.2017Ilham Aliyev: New contract on ACG field to be signed in a few days
- 07.09.2017Oil steady as U.S. refining demand rises but ample crude supplies weigh
- 07.09.2017Ambassador: Italian government interested in completion of TAP in time
- 06.09.2017New subsea construction vessel launched to support Shah Deniz Stage 2
- 05.09.2017Oil export through Ceyhan port increases: SOCAR
- 05.09.2017SOCAR increases oil export from Novorossiysk port