Ilham Aliyev: Historical achievements made in Azerbaijan’s oil and gas sector thanks to BP-SOCAR co-op
The Shah Deniz gas field development is a strategic project for Azerbaijan, said Azerbaijani President Ilham Aliyev.
The Shah Deniz 2 project is now 96 percent complete, President Aliyev said at a ceremony of launching the state-of-the-art Khankendi subsea construction vessel built as part of the project, APA reported.
“The project is now 96 percent complete. This means that the project has already been implemented. It is impossible to develop the Shah Deniz field with maximum efficiency without the Khankendi vessel,” he said.
The head of state said that large investments were thoughtfully and systematically made in the oil and gas sector of Azerbaijan, and today the result is visible.
Historical achievements have been made in Azerbaijan’s oil and gas sector thanks to the joint activities and cooperation of BP and SOCAR, stressed President Aliyev.
“I highly appreciate the activity of the Caspian Shipping Company. Its activity meets international standards. The shipping company already works with profit, pays big taxes to the budget,” he said.
The president added that the successfully development of transport and energy infrastructure makes a great contribution to the overall development of Azerbaijan.
Related news releases
- 20.02.2018Azerbaijan doubles export of oil products to Georgia
- 20.02.2018Azerbaijan increases gas export to Georgia more than 1%
- 20.02.2018Azerbaijan increases energy export to Georgia by 11%
- 20.02.2018Azerbaijan exports more than 9,000 tonnes of fuel to Georgia last month
- 16.02.2018SGC Advisory Council provides political support to Shahdeniz 2 - DECLARATION
- 16.02.2018Azerbaijan earned $125B from ACG fields block so far
- 16.02.2018TANAP to transport 2 bcm of gas this year
- 16.02.2018BP remains committed to achieving a nationalization target of 90 percent for professional staff by year-end
- 16.02.2018BP-Azerbaijan: Overall, 99 percent of SCPX first gas scope is already complete
- 16.02.2018SCP spends $813M last year
- 16.02.2018Shah Deniz 2 first gas scope is now 99 per cent complete - BP
- 16.02.2018Shahdeniz produces 10.2 bcm of gas and 2.4 million tonnes of condensate last year
- 16.02.2018Amount of capital and operating expenditures on Shahdeniz announced
- 16.02.2018BTC exports 34 million tonnes of crude oil in 2017
- 16.02.2018Sangachal terminal exports more than 283 million barrels of oil in 2017
- 16.02.2018ACG delivers nearly 3 bcm of associated gas to SOCAR last year
- 16.02.2018ACG produces 29 million in total tonnes of oil last year
- 16.02.2018$1.64B spent on ACG last year
- 16.02.2018S&P could downgrade Azerenerji
- 16.02.2018Details of documents signed at the 4th Ministerial Meeting of SGC Advisory Council announced
- 16.02.2018S&P: Without ongoing and extraordinary state support, Azerenerji would face difficulties in servicing its debt
- 16.02.2018S&P anticipates no tariff revisions in Azerbaijan in next two years
- 16.02.2018Azerbaijan gets 73% growth in solar power production in January
- 16.02.2018Azerbaijan increases gasoline and diesel production this year
- 16.02.2018Azerbaijan increases gold production by 7.1-fold last month
- 16.02.2018Azerbaijan reduces oil and gas production
- 16.02.2018S&P: Outlook on Azerenerji is negative
- 16.02.2018Gas transportation via main pipelines increases by over 2%
- 16.02.2018BTC transports 554,000 tonnes of transit oil last month
- 16.02.2018Azerbaijani President: "Azerbaijan is ready to enter the European market with its gas resources"
- 15.02.2018Azerbaijani President: "The Southern Gas Corridor is a main element of the strategy that helps us to diversify our economy" - UPDATED
- 15.02.2018Southern Gas Corridor will ensure energy security worldwide: US State Department official
- 15.02.2018Total construction costs of STAR Refinery increased to $6.3B – Fitch
- 15.02.2018Europe ready to discuss Iran’s joining SGC - Maros Sefcovic
- 15.02.2018Minister: Azerbaijan has successfully been implementing oil and gas strategy for long years
- 15.02.2018Maros Sefcovic: We’ll feel safer when SGC provides Europe with energy
- 15.02.2018Fitch views contract to extend PSA for ACG as positive
- 15.02.2018Maros Sefcovic: Turkmenistan’s joining SGC is being discussed
- 15.02.2018Minister: First gas on TANAP to be transported from Azerbaijan to Turkey in the middle of this year
- 15.02.2018Joint Declaration signed at 4th Ministerial Meeting of SGC Advisory Council
- 06.09.2017Ilham Aliyev: New contract on ACG field to be signed in a few days
- 07.09.2017Oil steady as U.S. refining demand rises but ample crude supplies weigh
- 07.09.2017Ambassador: Italian government interested in completion of TAP in time
- 06.09.2017New subsea construction vessel launched to support Shah Deniz Stage 2
- 05.09.2017Oil export through Ceyhan port increases: SOCAR
- 05.09.2017SOCAR increases oil export from Novorossiysk port