Ilham Aliyev: Historical achievements made in Azerbaijan’s oil and gas sector thanks to BP-SOCAR co-op
The Shah Deniz gas field development is a strategic project for Azerbaijan, said Azerbaijani President Ilham Aliyev.
The Shah Deniz 2 project is now 96 percent complete, President Aliyev said at a ceremony of launching the state-of-the-art Khankendi subsea construction vessel built as part of the project, APA reported.
“The project is now 96 percent complete. This means that the project has already been implemented. It is impossible to develop the Shah Deniz field with maximum efficiency without the Khankendi vessel,” he said.
The head of state said that large investments were thoughtfully and systematically made in the oil and gas sector of Azerbaijan, and today the result is visible.
Historical achievements have been made in Azerbaijan’s oil and gas sector thanks to the joint activities and cooperation of BP and SOCAR, stressed President Aliyev.
“I highly appreciate the activity of the Caspian Shipping Company. Its activity meets international standards. The shipping company already works with profit, pays big taxes to the budget,” he said.
The president added that the successfully development of transport and energy infrastructure makes a great contribution to the overall development of Azerbaijan.
Related news releases
- 20.06.2018Azerbaijan doubles revenues from export of oil products
- 20.06.2018Azerbaijan gets 11% decline in natural gas export
- 20.06.2018Azerbaijan increases crude oil export by 46%
- 20.06.2018Minister: Sharp decline in oil reserves should be considered in order not to face crisis in market
- 19.06.2018Azerbaijani energy minister to participate in Vienna meeting of OPEC and non-OPEC countries
- 14.06.2018Gas transportation via main pipelines increases by 1.2%
- 14.06.2018BTC transports more than 2.5 million tonnes of transit oil in five months
- 14.06.2018Azerbaijan gets 1.6% rise in heating power production this year
- 14.06.2018SOCAR announces amount of revenues from foreign assets
- 14.06.2018Azerbaijan increases gold production by 19%
- 14.06.2018SOCAR’s net profit increased by nearly six fold in 2017
- 13.06.2018Construction of interconnector for transportation of Azerbaijani gas to Bulgaria may commence at year-end
- 13.06.2018Bulqarqaz: EU's support to project speaks for itself about how important the Southern Gas Corridor is
- 13.06.2018Deputy Minister: SGC to change world’s energy map
- 13.06.2018Bulgarian adviser: Shahdeniz 2 gas to meet 25-30% of Bulgaria’s gas consumption
- 12.06.2018Ukraine wants to receive gas from TANAP through Bulgaria, Romania – Poroshenko
- 12.06.2018Erdogan: TANAP opening is historical step for regional countries
- 12.06.2018President Aliyev: TANAP is victory of Azerbaijan-Turkey brotherhood
- 12.06.2018Ilham Aliyev: Southern Gas Corridor is new format of cooperation in Eurasia
- 12.06.2018TANAP opening ceremony kicks off in Turkey
- 12.06.2018SOCAR’s authorized capital to be sharply increased
- 11.06.2018SOCAR President: Azerbaijan has no problem on financing of SGC
- 11.06.2018Minister: TAP is the first large-scale energy project in Albania
- 11.06.2018TANAP to be inaugurated tomorrow
- 08.06.2018OPEC announces volume of proven gas reserves of Azerbaijan
- 07.06.2018OPEC: Azerbaijan has 7bln barrels of confirmed oil resources
- 06.06.2018Oil prices go up
- 05.06.2018Azerbaijani president attends opening of Dalimammadli substation
- 05.06.2018Dutch court seizes Gazprom's assets to award $2.6bln to Naftogaz
- 04.06.2018Petkim: One more oil refinery may be constructed in Turkey
- 04.06.2018SOCAR decreases crude oil export through Novorossiysk port
- 01.06.2018Azerbaijan starts electricity export to Iran from today
- 31.05.2018SOCAR Vice President: Many countries will benefit from SGC
- 31.05.2018Khoshbakht Yusifzade: More than 258 million tonnes of AGC oil sent to world markets this year
- 30.05.2018SOCAR: No discrimination should be allowed for expansion of SGC
- 30.05.2018Turkish Petroleum: Turkey, Azerbaijan intend to extend cooperation agreement on energy security
- 30.05.2018SOCAR ready for negotiations with foreign investors on gas refinery complex
- 30.05.2018Rovnag Abdullayev: Azerbaijan will export its gas to any direction
- 30.05.2018OPEC to prepare special mechanisms against future shocks and changes
- 30.05.2018SGC to fundamentally change energy landscape - OPEC
- 06.09.2017Ilham Aliyev: New contract on ACG field to be signed in a few days
- 07.09.2017Oil steady as U.S. refining demand rises but ample crude supplies weigh
- 07.09.2017Ambassador: Italian government interested in completion of TAP in time
- 06.09.2017New subsea construction vessel launched to support Shah Deniz Stage 2
- 05.09.2017Oil export through Ceyhan port increases: SOCAR
- 05.09.2017SOCAR increases oil export from Novorossiysk port