Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan’s financial situation is very stable
The financial situation in Azerbaijan is very stable and very positive, President Ilham Aliyev at a solemn ceremony marking the production of two billion tons of oil in Azerbaijan at the Heydar Aliyev Center on Nov. 8.
“Our financial situation is very stable and very positive. We do not have any problems. Ill-wishers are trying to discredit us with allegations that Azerbaijan’s financial situation is not good. Our financial situation can be an example for many countries. We increased our foreign currency reserves by $4.5 billion only in the first nine months of this year. It will further increase until the end of the year. Our foreign debt accounts for about 18 percent of the gross domestic product. This is a desirable, miraculous figure for many countries. Davos, a leading economic forum, appreciates our economic success. We rank 35th in the world. We have no financial problems or difficulties,” said President Aliyev.
Big funds will be allocated to the oil industry next year as well, noted the head of state.
“Of course, the State Oil Company also makes money, but the state has been supporting and should always support the company, because it is Azerbaijan’s strategic asset and strategic resource,” said Ilham Aliyev.
He underlined that today, Azerbaijan has fully ensured energy security.
“We used to import gas from abroad, but now we sell it abroad. We were buying electricity, and now we sell it. Now we sell oil, oil products. We will sell big volumes of gas and more money will be brought to our country,” said the head of state.
"We use this money very efficiently and transparently. As you know, all oil revenues are kept transparently in the State Oil Fund. This is one of the most transparent internationally audited oil funds in the world. We allocate funds to projects that are important to the country. We both raise resources and use the funds for the most important social and infrastructure projects, of course, after the approval of these expenses by the Azerbaijani parliament. The solution of refugees’ problems is among them,” he said.
Construction of about 100 settlements, schools, as well as infrastructure projects, and projects related to the development of oil industry are among them, added President Aliyev.
The president noted that construction of a huge drilling rig and Baku-Tbilisi-Kars railway were also financed by the State Oil Fund.
Related news releases
- 17.11.2017Price of gasoline AI-95 and AI-98 increased in Azerbaijan
- 16.11.2017Volume of oil and gas transported via main pipelines announced
- 16.11.2017Azerbaijan exports 38% of its gas reserves
- 16.11.2017Azerbaijan reduces diesel production by 21%
- 16.11.2017SOCAR President: Works on SGC carried out on schedule
- 16.11.2017SOCAR: Petkim quintuples revenues
- 16.11.2017Transneft halts oil transportation from Azerbaijan due to earthquake
- 15.11.2017Three high-ranking officials of Energy Ministry dismissed
- 15.11.2017Ministry: Baku and Ankara implemented a project that Europe could not carry out for years
- 14.11.2017Turkish Minister of Energy and Natural Resources to visit Azerbaijan
- 14.11.2017Azerbaijan increases revenues from gas export
- 14.11.2017Azerbaijan sees 27% growth in revenues from crude oil export
- 14.11.2017SOCAR Petroleum: Current break in sale of AI-98 gasoline to last for a month
- 13.11.2017OPEC member states decrease oil production
- 13.11.2017Working Group on improvement and finalization of 2016 EIT report holds meeting
- 13.11.2017SOCAR might buy oil refinery in Italy
- 13.11.2017Azerbaijan sees 7.2% decline in oil output
- 13.11.2017Azpetrol General Director reveals forecasts on gasoline price
- 13.11.2017Azpetrol comments on quality of fuel
- 13.11.2017General Director: Azpetrol already plans to install facilities designed for charging electric vehicles
- 13.11.2017BTC transported more than 344 million tonnes of oil so far
- 13.11.2017Volume of Azerbaijani oil transported through Ceyhan port announced
- 10.11.2017Azerbaijani president: Extension of ACG will bring tens of billions of dollars in additional investment
- 10.11.2017President Ilham Aliyev attends opening of “Yeni Ganja” substation
- 10.11.2017Petkim pays $11M advance for construction of new administrative building
- 10.11.2017SOCAR transfers AZN 1.3B to state budget
- 10.11.2017Petkim announces investment incomes
- 08.11.2017Azerbaijan submits data on September’s oil output to OPEC
- 08.11.2017President: Oil and gas sector will be the main field for development of Azerbaijan
- 08.11.2017Azerbaijani president: Contract of the Century signed in 1994 gave a new breath and strength to us
- 08.11.2017Festive ceremony on production 2 billion tonnes of oil held in Baku - UPDATED
- 07.11.2017Azerbaijani president awards employees of oil industry
- 07.11.2017Azerbaijan produces 700 million tonnes of oil since gaining independence
- 06.11.2017Azerbaijan sells $15M energy to Turkey this year
- 06.11.2017SOFAZ earns $127.3B from ACG
- 06.11.2017Azerishig’s loss nears AZN 26M
- 06.11.2017SOCAR’s Tower cost $414M to build
- 04.11.2017SOCAR: Oilman fallen into sea dies
- 03.11.2017BOTAS intends to extend agreement on transportation of Azerbaijani gas to Turkey
- 02.11.2017Minister: Georgia supports Trans-Caspian gas pipeline project
- 10.11.2017SOCAR Trading to quit Calgary, move some functions to U.S.
- 10.11.2017Volume of transportations through TRACECA announced
- 10.11.2017Petkim doubles profit
- 08.11.2017President: Azerbaijan’s investments abroad amount to billions of dollars
- 08.11.2017President: Results of ‘Contract of the Century’ aren’t measured by Oil Fund revenues only
- 08.11.2017Azerbaijani president: Shahdeniz will operate at least 100 years from now