Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan’s financial situation is very stable
The financial situation in Azerbaijan is very stable and very positive, President Ilham Aliyev at a solemn ceremony marking the production of two billion tons of oil in Azerbaijan at the Heydar Aliyev Center on Nov. 8.
“Our financial situation is very stable and very positive. We do not have any problems. Ill-wishers are trying to discredit us with allegations that Azerbaijan’s financial situation is not good. Our financial situation can be an example for many countries. We increased our foreign currency reserves by $4.5 billion only in the first nine months of this year. It will further increase until the end of the year. Our foreign debt accounts for about 18 percent of the gross domestic product. This is a desirable, miraculous figure for many countries. Davos, a leading economic forum, appreciates our economic success. We rank 35th in the world. We have no financial problems or difficulties,” said President Aliyev.
Big funds will be allocated to the oil industry next year as well, noted the head of state.
“Of course, the State Oil Company also makes money, but the state has been supporting and should always support the company, because it is Azerbaijan’s strategic asset and strategic resource,” said Ilham Aliyev.
He underlined that today, Azerbaijan has fully ensured energy security.
“We used to import gas from abroad, but now we sell it abroad. We were buying electricity, and now we sell it. Now we sell oil, oil products. We will sell big volumes of gas and more money will be brought to our country,” said the head of state.
"We use this money very efficiently and transparently. As you know, all oil revenues are kept transparently in the State Oil Fund. This is one of the most transparent internationally audited oil funds in the world. We allocate funds to projects that are important to the country. We both raise resources and use the funds for the most important social and infrastructure projects, of course, after the approval of these expenses by the Azerbaijani parliament. The solution of refugees’ problems is among them,” he said.
Construction of about 100 settlements, schools, as well as infrastructure projects, and projects related to the development of oil industry are among them, added President Aliyev.
The president noted that construction of a huge drilling rig and Baku-Tbilisi-Kars railway were also financed by the State Oil Fund.
Related news releases
- 26.04.2018BP names Helge Lund as chairman
- 23.04.2018Minister: Azerbaijan’s joining OPEC is not on agenda
- 23.04.2018BP: Business in Azerbaijan is one of other significant ones in BP’s global portfolio
- 23.04.2018ACG produced 453 milion tonnes of oil and 144 bcm of gas so far
- 23.04.2018Minister: SGC opens opportunities for rich gas resources of region
- 20.04.2018Extractive Industries Transparency Commission holds meeting
- 19.04.2018SOFAZ revenues from ACG and Shahdeniz amount to $133 bln
- 19.04.201870 million barrels of Azerbaijani oil transported through Georgia
- 19.04.2018Georgia increases energy import from Azerbaijan
- 19.04.2018Azerbaijan increases export of oil and oil products to Georgia over 8%
- 19.04.2018Azerbaijan gets 3% rise in wind power production this year
- 19.04.2018Azerbaijan increases gas export to Georgia by nearly 6%
- 19.04.2018Oil near late-2014 highs as Saudi pushes for higher prices, U.S. crude stocks decline
- 18.04.2018Edison to buy gas from Shahdeniz
- 18.04.2018President: Azerbaijan has turned from energy importing country into energy exporting country
- 18.04.2018President: Shahdeniz 2, South Caucasus Pipeline and TANAP will be launched this year
- 18.04.2018$1.5B invested in non-oil sector in Q1
- 18.04.2018Russia, Iran can extend oil supplies agreement for 5 years
- 17.04.2018Azerbaijan increases oil production
- 17.04.2018Gas transportation via main pipelines increases by 7%
- 17.04.2018BTC transports more than 1.5 million tonnes of transit oil in three months
- 17.04.2018Azerbaijan increases gasoline and diesel production in Q1
- 17.04.2018Azerbaijan increases gold production by 5.1-fold
- 17.04.2018SOCAR Turkey Energy buys stake in TANAP
- 17.04.2018$5.6B invested in TANAP construction so far
- 17.04.2018Saltuk Duzyol: TANAP will be ready to give gas to TAP in June 2019
- 17.04.2018General Manager: TANAP can also transport Iraq’s gas in future
- 16.04.2018Anglo Asian Mining earns $1.3M from sale of gold
- 16.04.2018SOCAR increases diesel production due to high demand
- 12.04.2018Azerbaijan sees growth in revenues from crude oil export
- 12.04.2018Azerbaijan, Iran sign contract on sale and purchase of electric energy
- 12.04.2018Azerbaijan’s non-oil sector increases by 2.2-fold in 2004-2017
- 11.04.2018Georgian president speaks about SGC’s significance in Abu Dhabi
- 11.04.2018SOFAZ assets increases by $2b in Q1
- 11.04.2018SOCAR announces investment plans
- 10.04.2018Azerbaijan fulfils its obligation on output cut
- 06.04.2018SOCAR President: SGC to create significant common gas-main pipeline
- 06.04.2018PROKON on final straight at Construction of SOCAR Ammonia and Urea Plant
- 05.04.2018Azerbaijani president orders allocating funds for construction of 15 modular schools
- 03.04.2018Transportation of oil products through SOCAR’s Kulevi terminal in Georgia declines
- 10.11.2017SOCAR Trading to quit Calgary, move some functions to U.S.
- 10.11.2017Volume of transportations through TRACECA announced
- 10.11.2017Petkim doubles profit
- 08.11.2017President: Azerbaijan’s investments abroad amount to billions of dollars
- 08.11.2017President: Results of ‘Contract of the Century’ aren’t measured by Oil Fund revenues only
- 08.11.2017Azerbaijani president: Shahdeniz will operate at least 100 years from now