Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan’s financial situation is very stable
The financial situation in Azerbaijan is very stable and very positive, President Ilham Aliyev at a solemn ceremony marking the production of two billion tons of oil in Azerbaijan at the Heydar Aliyev Center on Nov. 8.
“Our financial situation is very stable and very positive. We do not have any problems. Ill-wishers are trying to discredit us with allegations that Azerbaijan’s financial situation is not good. Our financial situation can be an example for many countries. We increased our foreign currency reserves by $4.5 billion only in the first nine months of this year. It will further increase until the end of the year. Our foreign debt accounts for about 18 percent of the gross domestic product. This is a desirable, miraculous figure for many countries. Davos, a leading economic forum, appreciates our economic success. We rank 35th in the world. We have no financial problems or difficulties,” said President Aliyev.
Big funds will be allocated to the oil industry next year as well, noted the head of state.
“Of course, the State Oil Company also makes money, but the state has been supporting and should always support the company, because it is Azerbaijan’s strategic asset and strategic resource,” said Ilham Aliyev.
He underlined that today, Azerbaijan has fully ensured energy security.
“We used to import gas from abroad, but now we sell it abroad. We were buying electricity, and now we sell it. Now we sell oil, oil products. We will sell big volumes of gas and more money will be brought to our country,” said the head of state.
"We use this money very efficiently and transparently. As you know, all oil revenues are kept transparently in the State Oil Fund. This is one of the most transparent internationally audited oil funds in the world. We allocate funds to projects that are important to the country. We both raise resources and use the funds for the most important social and infrastructure projects, of course, after the approval of these expenses by the Azerbaijani parliament. The solution of refugees’ problems is among them,” he said.
Construction of about 100 settlements, schools, as well as infrastructure projects, and projects related to the development of oil industry are among them, added President Aliyev.
The president noted that construction of a huge drilling rig and Baku-Tbilisi-Kars railway were also financed by the State Oil Fund.
Related news releases
- 19.01.2018SOCAR increases transfers to SSPF by 8% in 2017
- 18.01.2018OPEC: Oil output will decline in Azerbaijan this year
- 18.01.2018Azerbaijan gets 35% decline in solar power production
- 18.01.2018SOCAR transfers AZN 1.5B to state budget last year
- 17.01.2018Sale of Azerbaijani gas in Georgia extends 7 times
- 17.01.2018Azerbaijan decreases diesel production by 18% last year
- 17.01.2018Azerbaijan sees 5.5% decline in oil production, 3% in gas production
- 17.01.2018Azerbaijan's main gas pipelines transport more than 22 bcm of gas in 2017
- 17.01.2018BTC transports 6.4 million tonnes of transit oil last year
- 17.01.2018Georgia increases energy import from Azerbaijan by 8.4-fold
- 17.01.2018President Aliyev attends opening of Baku distribution network’s building
- 16.01.2018Anglo Asian Mining earns $55M from sale of gold
- 16.01.2018SOCAR sees nearly 3% decline in gas production in 2017
- 16.01.2018SOCAR reduces oil output about 6% last year
- 15.01.2018Georgia imports nearly 200,000 tonnes of oil products from Azerbaijan last year
- 15.01.2018Azerbaijan sees decline in revenues from export of oil products
- 15.01.2018Azerbaijan increases revenues from gas export by 23 percent
- 15.01.2018Azerbaijan sees 30% growth in revenues from crude oil export
- 15.01.2018Azerbaijan increases revenues from energy export
- 12.01.2018Companies to place Petkim’s AZN 500 mln bonds abroad named
- 12.01.2018Fitch: Petkim to save USD70 million annually on STAR’s descent
- 11.01.2018Date set for 4th Southern Gas Corridor Advisory Council meeting in Baku
- 10.01.2018Basic metals production for TAP increased
- 10.01.2018Brent oil price above $69/bbl first since May 6, 2015
- 09.01.2018Azerbaijan fulfils its obligation on output cut
- 09.01.2018TAP: Talks with EIB on funding for TAP are ongoing
- 08.01.2018Azerbaijan meets nearly 30% of Georgia’s demand for fuel
- 04.01.2018Gazprom increases gas production by 12.4%
- 04.01.2018OPEC holds production steady
- 04.01.2018Azerbaijan announces volume of oil and gas reserves
- 27.12.2017Azerbaijan reduces gas export to Turkey
- 25.12.2017Excise on gasoline imported to Azerbaijan with octane number up to 95 increased 200 times
- 23.12.2017SOCAR: Azerbaijan has large gas reserves to supply pipelines
- 22.12.2017Energy Regulatory Agency established in Azerbaijan
- 22.12.2017President issues order on additional measures on use of alternative and renewable energy sources
- 22.12.2017$11.5B directed to SGC so far
- 22.12.2017ADB arranges $524.5 million syndicated loan for SGC
- 20.12.2017SOCAR sees 3% decline in gas production
- 20.12.2017SOCAR reduces oil output by 2% this year
- 20.12.2017Turkey intends to increase import of oil and gas from Azerbaijan and Iran
- 10.11.2017SOCAR Trading to quit Calgary, move some functions to U.S.
- 10.11.2017Volume of transportations through TRACECA announced
- 10.11.2017Petkim doubles profit
- 08.11.2017President: Azerbaijan’s investments abroad amount to billions of dollars
- 08.11.2017President: Results of ‘Contract of the Century’ aren’t measured by Oil Fund revenues only
- 08.11.2017Azerbaijani president: Shahdeniz will operate at least 100 years from now