Gazprom considering TAP as extra version
In the St. Petersburg International Economic Forum – 2017, Russia’s Gazprom, Italy’s Edison and Greece’s DEPA signed contract on creation of Poseidon gas pipeline.
APA-Economics reports citing to Kommersant newspaper that eth document was signed by Italian Minister of Economic Development Carlo Calenda and Secretary General of Greek Foreign Minister Giorgos Tsipras.
Unlike February memorandum, the contract concretely says the source of the Poseidon pipeline is the second line of the Turkish Stream.
Russian Energy Minister Alexander Novak said in April that the transportation capacity of the pipeline will make up 12-16 bcm.
Kommersant reports that head of Snam Company Marco Alvera offered Gazprom head Alexei Miller to increase the capacity of TAP for transportation of gas via the second line of Turkish Stream. According to him, this version is cheaper than construction of Poseidon. TAP capacity makes up 10 bcm.
Gazprom does not comment on the issue. However, according to Kommersant claims, Gazprom explained Snam that TAP is being considered as an extra version: “Management of Russia’s government of Russia’s state corporate preserves its existing relations with Edison. Partners have offered Poseidon and these is no reason to reject the proposal. Along with this, Italian company assures to complete the construction earlier than previous. Regarding TAP, confrontation with European Commission is inevitable. Every one knows that this project is being considered as an alternative to Russian gas”.
Related news releases
- 20.02.2018Azerbaijan doubles export of oil products to Georgia
- 20.02.2018Azerbaijan increases gas export to Georgia more than 1%
- 20.02.2018Azerbaijan increases energy export to Georgia by 11%
- 20.02.2018Azerbaijan exports more than 9,000 tonnes of fuel to Georgia last month
- 16.02.2018SGC Advisory Council provides political support to Shahdeniz 2 - DECLARATION
- 16.02.2018Azerbaijan earned $125B from ACG fields block so far
- 16.02.2018TANAP to transport 2 bcm of gas this year
- 16.02.2018BP remains committed to achieving a nationalization target of 90 percent for professional staff by year-end
- 16.02.2018BP-Azerbaijan: Overall, 99 percent of SCPX first gas scope is already complete
- 16.02.2018SCP spends $813M last year
- 16.02.2018Shah Deniz 2 first gas scope is now 99 per cent complete - BP
- 16.02.2018Shahdeniz produces 10.2 bcm of gas and 2.4 million tonnes of condensate last year
- 16.02.2018Amount of capital and operating expenditures on Shahdeniz announced
- 16.02.2018BTC exports 34 million tonnes of crude oil in 2017
- 16.02.2018Sangachal terminal exports more than 283 million barrels of oil in 2017
- 16.02.2018ACG delivers nearly 3 bcm of associated gas to SOCAR last year
- 16.02.2018ACG produces 29 million in total tonnes of oil last year
- 16.02.2018$1.64B spent on ACG last year
- 16.02.2018S&P could downgrade Azerenerji
- 16.02.2018Details of documents signed at the 4th Ministerial Meeting of SGC Advisory Council announced
- 16.02.2018S&P: Without ongoing and extraordinary state support, Azerenerji would face difficulties in servicing its debt
- 16.02.2018S&P anticipates no tariff revisions in Azerbaijan in next two years
- 16.02.2018Azerbaijan gets 73% growth in solar power production in January
- 16.02.2018Azerbaijan increases gasoline and diesel production this year
- 16.02.2018Azerbaijan increases gold production by 7.1-fold last month
- 16.02.2018Azerbaijan reduces oil and gas production
- 16.02.2018S&P: Outlook on Azerenerji is negative
- 16.02.2018Gas transportation via main pipelines increases by over 2%
- 16.02.2018BTC transports 554,000 tonnes of transit oil last month
- 16.02.2018Azerbaijani President: "Azerbaijan is ready to enter the European market with its gas resources"
- 15.02.2018Azerbaijani President: "The Southern Gas Corridor is a main element of the strategy that helps us to diversify our economy" - UPDATED
- 15.02.2018Southern Gas Corridor will ensure energy security worldwide: US State Department official
- 15.02.2018Total construction costs of STAR Refinery increased to $6.3B – Fitch
- 15.02.2018Europe ready to discuss Iran’s joining SGC - Maros Sefcovic
- 15.02.2018Minister: Azerbaijan has successfully been implementing oil and gas strategy for long years
- 15.02.2018Maros Sefcovic: We’ll feel safer when SGC provides Europe with energy
- 15.02.2018Fitch views contract to extend PSA for ACG as positive
- 15.02.2018Maros Sefcovic: Turkmenistan’s joining SGC is being discussed
- 15.02.2018Minister: First gas on TANAP to be transported from Azerbaijan to Turkey in the middle of this year
- 15.02.2018Joint Declaration signed at 4th Ministerial Meeting of SGC Advisory Council
- 06.06.2017PM: Bulgaria interested in Azerbaijani gas
- 06.06.2017Azerenergy gets 5% decline in production
- 06.06.2017Azerbaijan delivers 207,000 tonnes of oil to Ukraine since May 10
- 05.06.2017Azerbaijan submits data on May’s oil output to OPEC
- 05.06.2017BTC transports 2.2 million tonnes of Azerbaijani oil in May
- 02.06.2017Azerbaijan sees rise in May’s monetary base