Gazprom considering TAP as extra version
In the St. Petersburg International Economic Forum – 2017, Russia’s Gazprom, Italy’s Edison and Greece’s DEPA signed contract on creation of Poseidon gas pipeline.
APA-Economics reports citing to Kommersant newspaper that eth document was signed by Italian Minister of Economic Development Carlo Calenda and Secretary General of Greek Foreign Minister Giorgos Tsipras.
Unlike February memorandum, the contract concretely says the source of the Poseidon pipeline is the second line of the Turkish Stream.
Russian Energy Minister Alexander Novak said in April that the transportation capacity of the pipeline will make up 12-16 bcm.
Kommersant reports that head of Snam Company Marco Alvera offered Gazprom head Alexei Miller to increase the capacity of TAP for transportation of gas via the second line of Turkish Stream. According to him, this version is cheaper than construction of Poseidon. TAP capacity makes up 10 bcm.
Gazprom does not comment on the issue. However, according to Kommersant claims, Gazprom explained Snam that TAP is being considered as an extra version: “Management of Russia’s government of Russia’s state corporate preserves its existing relations with Edison. Partners have offered Poseidon and these is no reason to reject the proposal. Along with this, Italian company assures to complete the construction earlier than previous. Regarding TAP, confrontation with European Commission is inevitable. Every one knows that this project is being considered as an alternative to Russian gas”.
Related news releases
- 16.08.2017Gas transportation from Shah Deniz field to Georgia suspended
- 14.08.2017LUKOIL and SOCAR can jointly invest in Turkish companies
- 11.08.2017Azerbaijan’s revenues from energy export increase 3.4-fold
- 11.08.2017Azerbaijan’s revenues from natural gas export increase sixfold
- 11.08.2017Azerbaijan reduces crude oil export 40%
- 09.08.2017ENOC continues to supply crude oil to Iran despite sanctions
- 08.08.2017New US sanctions on Russia increase uncertainty on European gas markets - S&P
- 08.08.2017Turkmen President to discuss natural gas transportation in Baku
- 07.08.2017ENOC sends oil to Iran despite US sanctions
- 04.08.2017Oil prices rise on strong U.S. jobs data
- 04.08.2017President: Azerbaijan turned into a reliable country supplying gas to world
- 03.08.2017Azerbaijan submits data on July’s oil output to OPEC
- 03.08.2017Power substation launched in Azerbaijan’s Zagatala
- 02.08.2017Volume of Azerbaijani oil transported through Ceyhan port announced
- 02.08.2017BTC transported more than 337 million tonnes of oil so far
- 01.08.2017SOCAR announces volume of exported oil products
- 01.08.2017SOCAR announces sale price of crude oil for last month
- 01.08.2017SOCAR exports 12 million tonnes of oil through three ports this year
- 01.08.2017Azerbaijan sells energy worth $10M to Turkey this year
- 31.07.2017Oil near two-month high as producers set to meet again
- 28.07.2017Georgian official: Baku-Supsa pipeline to operate uninterruptedly
- 27.07.2017SOCAR imports 16,000 tonnes of aircraft fuel from Saudi Arabia
- 27.07.2017Oil jumps to near eight-week high after big draw in U.S. crude stocks
- 25.07.2017Azerbaijan increases gas export to Turkey
- 25.07.2017BP: TANAP is significant project for us
- 25.07.2017Anglo Asian Mining earns $19.4M from sale of gold
- 25.07.2017Oil extends gains as Saudi pledges export curbs
- 24.07.2017Country manager: TAP construction won’t have negative impact on environment
- 22.07.2017Oil dives 2 percent; consultant sees OPEC crude output rise in July
- 21.07.2017President Ilham Aliyev opens Pirallahi solar power plant
- 20.07.2017Rovnag Abdullayev: 90% works copmleted in STAR refinery
- 20.07.2017SOCAR President: $8.5B invested in TANAP so far
- 20.07.2017Azerbaijan’s investments in Turkey to reach $20B
- 20.07.2017Oil jumps to six-week high on surprisingly big U.S. inventory draws
- 18.07.2017Ischinger: Sanctions against Russia pose threat on European energy security
- 18.07.2017Import of certain types of gasoline to Azerbaijan exempted from duties
- 18.07.2017Azerbaijani President: "The Southern Gas Corridor is probably the largest infrastructure project in Europe"
- 17.07.2017Azerbaijan increases gas transportation 10% this year
- 17.07.2017Azerbaijan sees 8% rise in gasoline production
- 17.07.2017Azerbaijan sees 3.2-fold increase in gold production
- 06.06.2017PM: Bulgaria interested in Azerbaijani gas
- 06.06.2017Azerenergy gets 5% decline in production
- 06.06.2017Azerbaijan delivers 207,000 tonnes of oil to Ukraine since May 10
- 05.06.2017Azerbaijan submits data on May’s oil output to OPEC
- 05.06.2017BTC transports 2.2 million tonnes of Azerbaijani oil in May
- 02.06.2017Azerbaijan sees rise in May’s monetary base