Ceremony being held for signing a new contract on development of ACG field by 2050
A ceremony of signing a new contract for extension of Production Sharing Agreement (PSA) on development of Azeri-Chirag-Guneshli block of oil and gas fields by 2050, is being held in Baku.
On December 23, 2016 SOCAR (the State Oil Company of the Republic of Azerbaijan) and AIOC (the Azerbaijan International Operating Company) signed a letter of intent (LoI) for the future development of the Azeri-Chirag-Gunashli (ACG) field in the Azerbaijan sector of the Caspian Sea.
The agreement will cover the development of the field until 2050 and will add significant resource development potential to the middle of the century.
ACG is a super-giant field located about 100 km east of Baku. It is the biggest producing oil field in the Caspian Sea and covers an area of more than 432 square kilometres. It lies in water depths of between 120 and 170 metres. The depth of the reservoir is 2,000-3,500 metres.
The existing ACG PSA was signed in September 1994 for 30 years. Oil production from the field began in November 1997. To date the field has produced more than 3 billion barrels of oil with around $33 billion of investment.
BP is the operator acting on behalf of AIOC and the Contractor Parties to the ACG Production Sharing Agreement".
The shareholders in AIOC are BP, Chevron, INPEX, Statoil, ExxonMobil, TPAO, ITOCHU and ONGC Videsh.
Related news releases
- 19.09.2017President Ilham Aliyev awards some oil workers
- 18.09.2017Azerbaijan gets decline in solar power production
- 18.09.2017Azerbaijan triples gold production
- 18.09.2017Gas processing plant processes 1.7 bcm of gas this year
- 15.09.2017Azerbaijan sees 18.5% decline in diesel production
- 15.09.2017SOCAR reduces oil output by 9%
- 14.09.2017SOCAR, Statoil discuss development of "Karabakh" oilfield and "Ashrafi" and "Dan Ulduzu" structures
- 14.09.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives Statoil Executive Vice President - UPDATED
- 14.09.2017President Ilham Aliyev meets with UK Minister of State
- 14.09.2017Ambassador: US is pleased to continue cooperation with Azerbaijan within extension of agreement on ACG development
- 14.09.2017UK PM: I’m sure the new contract will further develop our coop with Azerbaijan
- 14.09.2017Turkish presidents sends message to participants of signing ceremony of new ACG contract
- 14.09.2017Georgian PM: Signing of new ACG contract ‘a historic event’
- 14.09.2017BP: Over $40B to be invested in ACG development
- 14.09.2017Turkey says will continue to be important partner of Azerbaijan
- 14.09.2017New ACG participating interests announced
- 14.09.2017President: We established very profitable cooperation with BP during 23 years
- 14.09.2017Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan lives at its own expense
- 12.09.2017Azerbaijan gets 41% decline in export of oil products
- 12.09.2017Azerbaijan gets 22% rise in revenues from natural gas export
- 12.09.2017Azerbaijan gets 22% decline in revenues from crude oil export
- 12.09.2017Azerbaijan quadruples revenues from energy export
- 12.09.2017Oil prices dip as traders assess U.S. hurricane impact
- 11.09.2017SOCAR increases budget transfers by 15%
- 08.09.2017Georgia reduces gasoline and diesel import from Azerbaijan
- 08.09.2017Oil transportation via BTC declines 10%
- 08.09.2017Volume of Azerbaijani oil transported through Ceyhan port announced
- 08.09.2017Turkmenistan sharply increases oil transportation via BTC
- 07.09.2017More than 50% of TAP completed
- 07.09.2017Baker Hughes ready to continue cooperation with TANAP
- 07.09.2017Ambassador: Italian government interested in completion of TAP in time
- 07.09.2017Oil steady as U.S. refining demand rises but ample crude supplies weigh
- 06.09.2017Ilham Aliyev: New contract on ACG field to be signed in a few days
- 06.09.2017Ilham Aliyev: Historical achievements made in Azerbaijan’s oil and gas sector thanks to BP-SOCAR co-op
- 06.09.2017New subsea construction vessel launched to support Shah Deniz Stage 2
- 05.09.2017Oil export through Ceyhan port increases: SOCAR
- 05.09.2017SOCAR increases oil export from Novorossiysk port
- 05.09.2017SOCAR suspends export of crude oil from Supsa port
- 05.09.2017AI-98 gasoline price increases in Azerbaijan
- 05.09.2017SOCAR reduces gas output by over 5%
- 14.09.2017President: New contract on ACG development is signed with more favorable and better conditions for Azerbaijan
- 14.09.2017President: Azerbaijan’s currency reserves will increase more
- 14.09.2017Azerbaijani goverment and co-venturers sign amended and restated Azeri-Chirag-Deepwater Guneshli PSA
- 13.09.2017IGB to sign agreement with Azerbaijan in early 2018 - OFFICIAL
- 13.09.2017Non-OPEC countries fulfill agreement by 118% thanks to Azerbaijan
- 13.09.2017Oil up on OPEC output decline; U.S. refinery restarts