Ceremony being held for signing a new contract on development of ACG field by 2050
A ceremony of signing a new contract for extension of Production Sharing Agreement (PSA) on development of Azeri-Chirag-Guneshli block of oil and gas fields by 2050, is being held in Baku.
On December 23, 2016 SOCAR (the State Oil Company of the Republic of Azerbaijan) and AIOC (the Azerbaijan International Operating Company) signed a letter of intent (LoI) for the future development of the Azeri-Chirag-Gunashli (ACG) field in the Azerbaijan sector of the Caspian Sea.
The agreement will cover the development of the field until 2050 and will add significant resource development potential to the middle of the century.
ACG is a super-giant field located about 100 km east of Baku. It is the biggest producing oil field in the Caspian Sea and covers an area of more than 432 square kilometres. It lies in water depths of between 120 and 170 metres. The depth of the reservoir is 2,000-3,500 metres.
The existing ACG PSA was signed in September 1994 for 30 years. Oil production from the field began in November 1997. To date the field has produced more than 3 billion barrels of oil with around $33 billion of investment.
BP is the operator acting on behalf of AIOC and the Contractor Parties to the ACG Production Sharing Agreement".
The shareholders in AIOC are BP, Chevron, INPEX, Statoil, ExxonMobil, TPAO, ITOCHU and ONGC Videsh.
Related news releases
- 22.01.2018Zaur Gahramanov: TANAP to provide stable revenue
- 19.01.2018SOCAR increases transfers to SSPF by 8% in 2017
- 18.01.2018OPEC: Oil output will decline in Azerbaijan this year
- 18.01.2018Azerbaijan gets 35% decline in solar power production
- 18.01.2018SOCAR transfers AZN 1.5B to state budget last year
- 17.01.2018Sale of Azerbaijani gas in Georgia extends 7 times
- 17.01.2018Azerbaijan decreases diesel production by 18% last year
- 17.01.2018Azerbaijan sees 5.5% decline in oil production, 3% in gas production
- 17.01.2018Azerbaijan's main gas pipelines transport more than 22 bcm of gas in 2017
- 17.01.2018BTC transports 6.4 million tonnes of transit oil last year
- 17.01.2018Georgia increases energy import from Azerbaijan by 8.4-fold
- 17.01.2018President Aliyev attends opening of Baku distribution network’s building
- 16.01.2018Anglo Asian Mining earns $55M from sale of gold
- 16.01.2018SOCAR sees nearly 3% decline in gas production in 2017
- 16.01.2018SOCAR reduces oil output about 6% last year
- 15.01.2018Georgia imports nearly 200,000 tonnes of oil products from Azerbaijan last year
- 15.01.2018Azerbaijan sees decline in revenues from export of oil products
- 15.01.2018Azerbaijan increases revenues from gas export by 23 percent
- 15.01.2018Azerbaijan sees 30% growth in revenues from crude oil export
- 15.01.2018Azerbaijan increases revenues from energy export
- 12.01.2018Companies to place Petkim’s AZN 500 mln bonds abroad named
- 12.01.2018Fitch: Petkim to save USD70 million annually on STAR’s descent
- 11.01.2018Date set for 4th Southern Gas Corridor Advisory Council meeting in Baku
- 10.01.2018Basic metals production for TAP increased
- 10.01.2018Brent oil price above $69/bbl first since May 6, 2015
- 09.01.2018Azerbaijan fulfils its obligation on output cut
- 09.01.2018TAP: Talks with EIB on funding for TAP are ongoing
- 08.01.2018Azerbaijan meets nearly 30% of Georgia’s demand for fuel
- 04.01.2018Gazprom increases gas production by 12.4%
- 04.01.2018OPEC holds production steady
- 04.01.2018Azerbaijan announces volume of oil and gas reserves
- 27.12.2017Azerbaijan reduces gas export to Turkey
- 25.12.2017Excise on gasoline imported to Azerbaijan with octane number up to 95 increased 200 times
- 23.12.2017SOCAR: Azerbaijan has large gas reserves to supply pipelines
- 22.12.2017Energy Regulatory Agency established in Azerbaijan
- 22.12.2017President issues order on additional measures on use of alternative and renewable energy sources
- 22.12.2017$11.5B directed to SGC so far
- 22.12.2017ADB arranges $524.5 million syndicated loan for SGC
- 20.12.2017SOCAR sees 3% decline in gas production
- 20.12.2017SOCAR reduces oil output by 2% this year
- 14.09.2017President: New contract on ACG development is signed with more favorable and better conditions for Azerbaijan
- 14.09.2017President: Azerbaijan’s currency reserves will increase more
- 14.09.2017Azerbaijani goverment and co-venturers sign amended and restated Azeri-Chirag-Deepwater Guneshli PSA
- 13.09.2017IGB to sign agreement with Azerbaijan in early 2018 - OFFICIAL
- 13.09.2017Non-OPEC countries fulfill agreement by 118% thanks to Azerbaijan
- 13.09.2017Oil up on OPEC output decline; U.S. refinery restarts