BP appoints new regional president
Gary is currently BP’s global head of drilling, completions and wells.
Gary will succeed Gordon Birrell, who has successfully led BP’s regional business since November2012. Gordon’s new role will be BP’s Chief Operating Officer, Production, Transformation and Carbon based in BP’s headquarters in London.
Bob Dudley, BP’s Group Chief Executive, said: “Gary is an experienced global oilman, a mature business leader, and as someone who has led BP’s global wells function for many years he brings a deep technical understanding of our operations in the Caspian. Gary has managed some of BP’s most important assets such as Rumaila and the fields in the North Sea. As BP celebrates its 25th anniversary in Azerbaijan it is our firm intention to continue the success of our business in the region through even closer cooperation with all our stakeholders. As BP’s new Regional President Gary will continue our successful partnership here building on the great achievements in all of BP-operated projects.”
“Taking this opportunity I would like to thank Gordon for hisleadership and commitment to BP’s success in Azerbaijan, Georgia and Turkey. He has led our business in the region for more than four years and has achieved numerous successes and milestones based on an excellent relationship and cooperation with the Government, SOCAR and our partners.”
“I would also like to wish Gary and Gordon every success in their new roles”.
Gary Jones is a proven business leader with over 30 years of experience. He is currently BP’s global head of drilling, completions and wells.
Gary began his career with BP in 1981 and has held many leadership positions in drilling, operations and projects. In his early years, Gary held various engineering and technical posts in drilling and wells, working in deepwater operations in the Gulf of Mexico, the North Sea, as well as multiple drilling operations in China, Holland and Africa.
Key leadership positionshave included, heading BP’s operations in Iraq as General Manager Rumaila / Vice President Operations, serving as a key leader in Russia as the Project Director/Performance Unit Leader – Verkhnechonskoye, and holding multiple senior leadership positions across BP’s North Sea asset base.
Gary holds a degree in Chemical Engineering from Birmingham University.
He is married and has two sons.
Related news releases
- 17.08.2017South Caucasus Pipeline Expansion project now ‘96% complete’
- 17.08.2017BP says SCP daily average throughput was 21.4 million cubic metres of gas per day in 1H 2017
- 17.08.2017BP: About 141 mln barrels of oil exported from Sangachal terminal in 1H 2017
- 17.08.2017ACG delivers 1.8 billion cubic metres of associated gas to SOCAR in 1H 2017
- 17.08.2017BP: Total ACG production over 14 mln tons in 1H 2017
- 16.08.2017Gas transportation from Shah Deniz field to Georgia suspended
- 14.08.2017LUKOIL and SOCAR can jointly invest in Turkish companies
- 11.08.2017Azerbaijan’s revenues from energy export increase 3.4-fold
- 11.08.2017Azerbaijan’s revenues from natural gas export increase sixfold
- 11.08.2017Azerbaijan reduces crude oil export 40%
- 09.08.2017ENOC continues to supply crude oil to Iran despite sanctions
- 08.08.2017New US sanctions on Russia increase uncertainty on European gas markets - S&P
- 08.08.2017Turkmen President to discuss natural gas transportation in Baku
- 07.08.2017ENOC sends oil to Iran despite US sanctions
- 04.08.2017Oil prices rise on strong U.S. jobs data
- 04.08.2017President: Azerbaijan turned into a reliable country supplying gas to world
- 03.08.2017Azerbaijan submits data on July’s oil output to OPEC
- 03.08.2017Power substation launched in Azerbaijan’s Zagatala
- 02.08.2017Volume of Azerbaijani oil transported through Ceyhan port announced
- 02.08.2017BTC transported more than 337 million tonnes of oil so far
- 01.08.2017SOCAR announces volume of exported oil products
- 01.08.2017SOCAR announces sale price of crude oil for last month
- 01.08.2017SOCAR exports 12 million tonnes of oil through three ports this year
- 01.08.2017Azerbaijan sells energy worth $10M to Turkey this year
- 31.07.2017Oil near two-month high as producers set to meet again
- 28.07.2017Georgian official: Baku-Supsa pipeline to operate uninterruptedly
- 27.07.2017SOCAR imports 16,000 tonnes of aircraft fuel from Saudi Arabia
- 27.07.2017Oil jumps to near eight-week high after big draw in U.S. crude stocks
- 25.07.2017Azerbaijan increases gas export to Turkey
- 25.07.2017BP: TANAP is significant project for us
- 25.07.2017Anglo Asian Mining earns $19.4M from sale of gold
- 25.07.2017Oil extends gains as Saudi pledges export curbs
- 24.07.2017Country manager: TAP construction won’t have negative impact on environment
- 22.07.2017Oil dives 2 percent; consultant sees OPEC crude output rise in July
- 21.07.2017President Ilham Aliyev opens Pirallahi solar power plant
- 20.07.2017Rovnag Abdullayev: 90% works copmleted in STAR refinery
- 20.07.2017SOCAR President: $8.5B invested in TANAP so far
- 20.07.2017Azerbaijan’s investments in Turkey to reach $20B
- 20.07.2017Oil jumps to six-week high on surprisingly big U.S. inventory draws
- 18.07.2017Ischinger: Sanctions against Russia pose threat on European energy security
- 13.03.2017President Ilham Aliyev meets with Chairman and CEO of Total Patrick Pouyanne
- 14.03.2017Ukraine purchased $24M-oil from Azerbaijan since early 2017
- 14.03.2017Azerbaijan gets 7.3% decline in oil production
- 13.03.2017Political challenges don’t affect TANAP implementation – general manager
- 13.03.2017SOCAR buys seven oil tankers
- 09.03.2017Italian Snam to invest €270M in TAP