BP appoints new regional president
Gary is currently BP’s global head of drilling, completions and wells.
Gary will succeed Gordon Birrell, who has successfully led BP’s regional business since November2012. Gordon’s new role will be BP’s Chief Operating Officer, Production, Transformation and Carbon based in BP’s headquarters in London.
Bob Dudley, BP’s Group Chief Executive, said: “Gary is an experienced global oilman, a mature business leader, and as someone who has led BP’s global wells function for many years he brings a deep technical understanding of our operations in the Caspian. Gary has managed some of BP’s most important assets such as Rumaila and the fields in the North Sea. As BP celebrates its 25th anniversary in Azerbaijan it is our firm intention to continue the success of our business in the region through even closer cooperation with all our stakeholders. As BP’s new Regional President Gary will continue our successful partnership here building on the great achievements in all of BP-operated projects.”
“Taking this opportunity I would like to thank Gordon for hisleadership and commitment to BP’s success in Azerbaijan, Georgia and Turkey. He has led our business in the region for more than four years and has achieved numerous successes and milestones based on an excellent relationship and cooperation with the Government, SOCAR and our partners.”
“I would also like to wish Gary and Gordon every success in their new roles”.
Gary Jones is a proven business leader with over 30 years of experience. He is currently BP’s global head of drilling, completions and wells.
Gary began his career with BP in 1981 and has held many leadership positions in drilling, operations and projects. In his early years, Gary held various engineering and technical posts in drilling and wells, working in deepwater operations in the Gulf of Mexico, the North Sea, as well as multiple drilling operations in China, Holland and Africa.
Key leadership positionshave included, heading BP’s operations in Iraq as General Manager Rumaila / Vice President Operations, serving as a key leader in Russia as the Project Director/Performance Unit Leader – Verkhnechonskoye, and holding multiple senior leadership positions across BP’s North Sea asset base.
Gary holds a degree in Chemical Engineering from Birmingham University.
He is married and has two sons.
Related news releases
- 20.02.2018Azerbaijan doubles export of oil products to Georgia
- 20.02.2018Azerbaijan increases gas export to Georgia more than 1%
- 20.02.2018Azerbaijan increases energy export to Georgia by 11%
- 20.02.2018Azerbaijan exports more than 9,000 tonnes of fuel to Georgia last month
- 16.02.2018SGC Advisory Council provides political support to Shahdeniz 2 - DECLARATION
- 16.02.2018Azerbaijan earned $125B from ACG fields block so far
- 16.02.2018TANAP to transport 2 bcm of gas this year
- 16.02.2018BP remains committed to achieving a nationalization target of 90 percent for professional staff by year-end
- 16.02.2018BP-Azerbaijan: Overall, 99 percent of SCPX first gas scope is already complete
- 16.02.2018SCP spends $813M last year
- 16.02.2018Shah Deniz 2 first gas scope is now 99 per cent complete - BP
- 16.02.2018Shahdeniz produces 10.2 bcm of gas and 2.4 million tonnes of condensate last year
- 16.02.2018Amount of capital and operating expenditures on Shahdeniz announced
- 16.02.2018BTC exports 34 million tonnes of crude oil in 2017
- 16.02.2018Sangachal terminal exports more than 283 million barrels of oil in 2017
- 16.02.2018ACG delivers nearly 3 bcm of associated gas to SOCAR last year
- 16.02.2018ACG produces 29 million in total tonnes of oil last year
- 16.02.2018$1.64B spent on ACG last year
- 16.02.2018S&P could downgrade Azerenerji
- 16.02.2018Details of documents signed at the 4th Ministerial Meeting of SGC Advisory Council announced
- 16.02.2018S&P: Without ongoing and extraordinary state support, Azerenerji would face difficulties in servicing its debt
- 16.02.2018S&P anticipates no tariff revisions in Azerbaijan in next two years
- 16.02.2018Azerbaijan gets 73% growth in solar power production in January
- 16.02.2018Azerbaijan increases gasoline and diesel production this year
- 16.02.2018Azerbaijan increases gold production by 7.1-fold last month
- 16.02.2018Azerbaijan reduces oil and gas production
- 16.02.2018S&P: Outlook on Azerenerji is negative
- 16.02.2018Gas transportation via main pipelines increases by over 2%
- 16.02.2018BTC transports 554,000 tonnes of transit oil last month
- 16.02.2018Azerbaijani President: "Azerbaijan is ready to enter the European market with its gas resources"
- 15.02.2018Azerbaijani President: "The Southern Gas Corridor is a main element of the strategy that helps us to diversify our economy" - UPDATED
- 15.02.2018Southern Gas Corridor will ensure energy security worldwide: US State Department official
- 15.02.2018Total construction costs of STAR Refinery increased to $6.3B – Fitch
- 15.02.2018Europe ready to discuss Iran’s joining SGC - Maros Sefcovic
- 15.02.2018Minister: Azerbaijan has successfully been implementing oil and gas strategy for long years
- 15.02.2018Maros Sefcovic: We’ll feel safer when SGC provides Europe with energy
- 15.02.2018Fitch views contract to extend PSA for ACG as positive
- 15.02.2018Maros Sefcovic: Turkmenistan’s joining SGC is being discussed
- 15.02.2018Minister: First gas on TANAP to be transported from Azerbaijan to Turkey in the middle of this year
- 15.02.2018Joint Declaration signed at 4th Ministerial Meeting of SGC Advisory Council
- 13.03.2017President Ilham Aliyev meets with Chairman and CEO of Total Patrick Pouyanne
- 14.03.2017Ukraine purchased $24M-oil from Azerbaijan since early 2017
- 14.03.2017Azerbaijan gets 7.3% decline in oil production
- 13.03.2017Political challenges don’t affect TANAP implementation – general manager
- 13.03.2017SOCAR buys seven oil tankers
- 09.03.2017Italian Snam to invest €270M in TAP