BP appoints new regional president
Gary is currently BP’s global head of drilling, completions and wells.
Gary will succeed Gordon Birrell, who has successfully led BP’s regional business since November2012. Gordon’s new role will be BP’s Chief Operating Officer, Production, Transformation and Carbon based in BP’s headquarters in London.
Bob Dudley, BP’s Group Chief Executive, said: “Gary is an experienced global oilman, a mature business leader, and as someone who has led BP’s global wells function for many years he brings a deep technical understanding of our operations in the Caspian. Gary has managed some of BP’s most important assets such as Rumaila and the fields in the North Sea. As BP celebrates its 25th anniversary in Azerbaijan it is our firm intention to continue the success of our business in the region through even closer cooperation with all our stakeholders. As BP’s new Regional President Gary will continue our successful partnership here building on the great achievements in all of BP-operated projects.”
“Taking this opportunity I would like to thank Gordon for hisleadership and commitment to BP’s success in Azerbaijan, Georgia and Turkey. He has led our business in the region for more than four years and has achieved numerous successes and milestones based on an excellent relationship and cooperation with the Government, SOCAR and our partners.”
“I would also like to wish Gary and Gordon every success in their new roles”.
Gary Jones is a proven business leader with over 30 years of experience. He is currently BP’s global head of drilling, completions and wells.
Gary began his career with BP in 1981 and has held many leadership positions in drilling, operations and projects. In his early years, Gary held various engineering and technical posts in drilling and wells, working in deepwater operations in the Gulf of Mexico, the North Sea, as well as multiple drilling operations in China, Holland and Africa.
Key leadership positionshave included, heading BP’s operations in Iraq as General Manager Rumaila / Vice President Operations, serving as a key leader in Russia as the Project Director/Performance Unit Leader – Verkhnechonskoye, and holding multiple senior leadership positions across BP’s North Sea asset base.
Gary holds a degree in Chemical Engineering from Birmingham University.
He is married and has two sons.
Related news releases
- 08.12.2017BP transfers nearly $95M to state budget
- 08.12.2017Sahil Babayev: Groundlessness of accusations against Azerbaijan proved once again
- 05.12.2017Azerenergy gets 14% decline in electric power
- 05.12.2017Oil prices climb on expected drop in U.S. crude stocks
- 02.12.2017Oil pares gains after report on Flynn in Russia probe
- 01.12.2017BP: SGC’s existing capacity can be expanded
- 01.12.2017Azerbaijan supports the extension of the deal on oil production cuts
- 30.11.2017OPEC agrees to extend oil cuts until the end of 2018
- 29.11.2017Georgia to build natural gas storage, coal-fired power plant
- 29.11.2017Delay in TAP’s construction in Italy would have an impact on South Eastern Europe - EU
- 27.11.2017We hope that all problems on the SOCAR’s way will be overcome as soon as possible – Telman Aliyev
- 27.11.2017Azerbaijan - second largest gas supplier of Turkey
- 23.11.2017Ambassador: Southern Gas Corridor to allow Azerbaijan to turn into a huge energy exporter
- 22.11.2017SOCAR clarifies gas import from Gazprom
- 22.11.2017Azerbaijan resumes gas import from Russia
- 21.11.2017TAP realization bases on Europe’s fundamental values - Snam
- 20.11.2017SOCAR reduces oil output by 2% in January-October
- 20.11.2017Minister: 94 percent of works on TANAP completed
- 20.11.2017Number of BP’s Azerbaijani national employees declining
- 20.11.2017BP: 98 percent of construction on SCP Expansion is completed
- 20.11.2017South Caucasus Pipeline spends $657M this year
- 20.11.2017BTC spends $120M this year
- 20.11.2017BP: 27 million standard cubic metres of Shah Deniz gas was exported from Sangachal Terminal daily
- 20.11.2017Shah Deniz spends more than $2.6 billion this year
- 20.11.2017Shahdeniz 2 is now over 97 percent complete: BP
- 20.11.2017Volume of AGC production announced
- 17.11.2017Price of gasoline AI-95 and AI-98 increased in Azerbaijan
- 16.11.2017Volume of oil and gas transported via main pipelines announced
- 16.11.2017Azerbaijan exports 38% of its gas reserves
- 16.11.2017Azerbaijan reduces diesel production by 21%
- 16.11.2017SOCAR President: Works on SGC carried out on schedule
- 16.11.2017SOCAR: Petkim quintuples revenues
- 16.11.2017Transneft halts oil transportation from Azerbaijan due to earthquake
- 15.11.2017Three high-ranking officials of Energy Ministry dismissed
- 15.11.2017Ministry: Baku and Ankara implemented a project that Europe could not carry out for years
- 14.11.2017Turkish Minister of Energy and Natural Resources to visit Azerbaijan
- 14.11.2017Azerbaijan increases revenues from gas export
- 14.11.2017Azerbaijan sees 27% growth in revenues from crude oil export
- 14.11.2017SOCAR Petroleum: Current break in sale of AI-98 gasoline to last for a month
- 13.11.2017OPEC member states decrease oil production
- 13.03.2017President Ilham Aliyev meets with Chairman and CEO of Total Patrick Pouyanne
- 14.03.2017Ukraine purchased $24M-oil from Azerbaijan since early 2017
- 14.03.2017Azerbaijan gets 7.3% decline in oil production
- 13.03.2017Political challenges don’t affect TANAP implementation – general manager
- 13.03.2017SOCAR buys seven oil tankers
- 09.03.2017Italian Snam to invest €270M in TAP