BP appoints new regional president
Gary is currently BP’s global head of drilling, completions and wells.
Gary will succeed Gordon Birrell, who has successfully led BP’s regional business since November2012. Gordon’s new role will be BP’s Chief Operating Officer, Production, Transformation and Carbon based in BP’s headquarters in London.
Bob Dudley, BP’s Group Chief Executive, said: “Gary is an experienced global oilman, a mature business leader, and as someone who has led BP’s global wells function for many years he brings a deep technical understanding of our operations in the Caspian. Gary has managed some of BP’s most important assets such as Rumaila and the fields in the North Sea. As BP celebrates its 25th anniversary in Azerbaijan it is our firm intention to continue the success of our business in the region through even closer cooperation with all our stakeholders. As BP’s new Regional President Gary will continue our successful partnership here building on the great achievements in all of BP-operated projects.”
“Taking this opportunity I would like to thank Gordon for hisleadership and commitment to BP’s success in Azerbaijan, Georgia and Turkey. He has led our business in the region for more than four years and has achieved numerous successes and milestones based on an excellent relationship and cooperation with the Government, SOCAR and our partners.”
“I would also like to wish Gary and Gordon every success in their new roles”.
Gary Jones is a proven business leader with over 30 years of experience. He is currently BP’s global head of drilling, completions and wells.
Gary began his career with BP in 1981 and has held many leadership positions in drilling, operations and projects. In his early years, Gary held various engineering and technical posts in drilling and wells, working in deepwater operations in the Gulf of Mexico, the North Sea, as well as multiple drilling operations in China, Holland and Africa.
Key leadership positionshave included, heading BP’s operations in Iraq as General Manager Rumaila / Vice President Operations, serving as a key leader in Russia as the Project Director/Performance Unit Leader – Verkhnechonskoye, and holding multiple senior leadership positions across BP’s North Sea asset base.
Gary holds a degree in Chemical Engineering from Birmingham University.
He is married and has two sons.
Related news releases
- 29.03.2017Ilham Aliyev receives BP Regional president - UPDATED
- 28.03.2017Azerbaijan deems extension of Vienna agreement acceptable – ministry
- 28.03.2017Azerbaijani president attends opening of Sarijalar substation in Saatli district
- 28.03.2017Azerbaijani oil price nears $52
- 28.03.2017Council of State of Italy gave permission for construction of TAP
- 27.03.2017Azerbaijan reduces gas export to Turkey
- 23.03.2017New appointment to the management of the Petkim
- 17.03.2017Ukraine removes SOCAR’s subsidiary from tender
- 17.03.2017Azerbaijan gets 17% rise in gasoline production
- 17.03.2017Poland trusts Azerbaijan on gas supply - Aleksander Kwaśniewski
- 17.03.2017Azerbaijan gets 8.5% rise in gas transportation
- 17.03.2017Azerbaijan gets decline in crude oil production
- 17.03.2017Azerbaijan stops truck manufacture
- 15.03.2017Armenia uses water reserves of Sarsang Reservoir as a tool of political threat - Azersu
- 14.03.2017SOCAR reduces oil output nearly 5%
- 14.03.2017SOCAR reduces gas production over 10%
- 09.03.2017Azerbaijan quadruples energy export last year
- 07.03.2017SOFAZ announces reasons for incomplete funding of SGC
- 06.03.2017Azerbaijan plays leading role in fulfilment of obligation on oil output cut - OPEC
- 06.03.2017Despite conflict with Turkmenistan, Iran delivers gas to Azerbaijan
- 03.03.2017BTK to rescue region - minister
- 03.03.2017Volume of Azerbaijani oil transported through Ceyhan port so far announced
- 03.03.2017Oil export via BTC decreased 17%
- 03.03.2017SOFAZ announces revenues from ACG
- 03.03.2017Crude oil export through Supsa port increased 24%
- 03.03.2017Petkim ends 2016 on profit
- 02.03.2017Azerbaijan, US closely cooperating within SGC - president
- 02.03.2017Energy tariffs to remain unchanged in Azerbaijan this year
- 01.03.2017United States supports "Southern Gas Corridor" project
- 01.03.2017Statoil: "Azerbaijan has changed the energy map of the region"
- 01.03.2017SOCAR reduces crude oil export through Ceyhan port about 9%
- 01.03.2017SOCAR decreases crude oil export through Novorossiysk port
- 01.03.2017SOCAR announces sale price of crude oil for last month
- 28.02.2017Azerbaijani oil goes down
- 27.02.2017Azerbaijan increases gas export to Turkey 6%
- 25.02.2017OPEC says it, non-OPEC producers in right track to cut oil production
- 25.02.2017Oil prices fall on rising U.S. supply
- 24.02.2017SGC Advisory Council Ministerial Meeting’s participants ink joint declaration
- 24.02.2017Fitch: SOCAR's liquidity is adequate
- 24.02.2017Fitch affirms SOCAR’s rating at BB+, prognosis negative
- 13.03.2017President Ilham Aliyev meets with Chairman and CEO of Total Patrick Pouyanne
- 14.03.2017Ukraine purchased $24M-oil from Azerbaijan since early 2017
- 14.03.2017Azerbaijan gets 7.3% decline in oil production
- 13.03.2017Political challenges don’t affect TANAP implementation – general manager
- 13.03.2017SOCAR buys seven oil tankers
- 09.03.2017Italian Snam to invest €270M in TAP