Baku hosts Azerbaijan-Korea energy forum
Baku hosted Azerbaijan-Korea energy forum.
APA reports that the event was attended by Deputy Chairman of Azerishig OJSC Vugar Ahmadov, South Korean Ambassador Kim Chang-gyu, Advisor to Azerenergy OJSC’s president Arif Hashimnov, chairman of Azenco’s (Azerbaijan Energy Construction) Management Board Vugar Shahmuradov and authorized representatives of Korea Electric Power Corporation (KEPCO).
KEPCO Vice-President Lee Kwan Sog said that his company has been controlling energy field in Korea for 120 years. According to him, the KEPCO implemented 36 projects in 24 countries and ranked at first in Forbes magazine for utility services.
Deputy Chairman of Azerishig OJSC Vugar Ahmadov noted that Azerbaijan and South Korea cooperate in education, construction, transport, information and technologies. He stressed that beginning of the new stage of mutual cooperation may be useful for both sides.
South Korean Ambassador Kim Chang-gyu said that it’s the 25th anniversary of diplomatic relations between the two counties and mutual visits of presidents in 2006-2007 supported extension of political, economic and cultural relations.
“Taekwondo and other Korean sports are much loved in Azerbaijan. Number of Korean tourists travelling to Azerbaijan increased. They enjoy culture and nature of Azerbaijan, which is the centre of historical Silk Road”, he said.
Underlining impact of global crisis on bilateral relations, Ambassador Kim Chang-gyu noted that technical seminars to be held within the forum will new pages for new cooperation among companies.
Thereafter, presentations on Azerishig, familiarization with Azerbaijan’s energy field, KEPCO and automatic thermal analysis and diagnostics were held.
- 16.08.2017Gas transportation from Shah Deniz field to Georgia suspended
- 14.08.2017LUKOIL and SOCAR can jointly invest in Turkish companies
- 11.08.2017Azerbaijan’s revenues from energy export increase 3.4-fold
- 11.08.2017Azerbaijan’s revenues from natural gas export increase sixfold
- 11.08.2017Azerbaijan reduces crude oil export 40%
- 09.08.2017ENOC continues to supply crude oil to Iran despite sanctions
- 08.08.2017New US sanctions on Russia increase uncertainty on European gas markets - S&P
- 08.08.2017Turkmen President to discuss natural gas transportation in Baku
- 07.08.2017ENOC sends oil to Iran despite US sanctions
- 04.08.2017Oil prices rise on strong U.S. jobs data
- 04.08.2017President: Azerbaijan turned into a reliable country supplying gas to world
- 03.08.2017Azerbaijan submits data on July’s oil output to OPEC
- 03.08.2017Power substation launched in Azerbaijan’s Zagatala
- 02.08.2017Volume of Azerbaijani oil transported through Ceyhan port announced
- 02.08.2017BTC transported more than 337 million tonnes of oil so far
- 01.08.2017SOCAR announces volume of exported oil products
- 01.08.2017SOCAR announces sale price of crude oil for last month
- 01.08.2017SOCAR exports 12 million tonnes of oil through three ports this year
- 01.08.2017Azerbaijan sells energy worth $10M to Turkey this year
- 31.07.2017Oil near two-month high as producers set to meet again
- 28.07.2017Georgian official: Baku-Supsa pipeline to operate uninterruptedly
- 27.07.2017SOCAR imports 16,000 tonnes of aircraft fuel from Saudi Arabia
- 27.07.2017Oil jumps to near eight-week high after big draw in U.S. crude stocks
- 25.07.2017Azerbaijan increases gas export to Turkey
- 25.07.2017BP: TANAP is significant project for us
- 25.07.2017Anglo Asian Mining earns $19.4M from sale of gold
- 25.07.2017Oil extends gains as Saudi pledges export curbs
- 24.07.2017Country manager: TAP construction won’t have negative impact on environment
- 22.07.2017Oil dives 2 percent; consultant sees OPEC crude output rise in July
- 21.07.2017President Ilham Aliyev opens Pirallahi solar power plant
- 20.07.2017Rovnag Abdullayev: 90% works copmleted in STAR refinery
- 20.07.2017SOCAR President: $8.5B invested in TANAP so far
- 20.07.2017Azerbaijan’s investments in Turkey to reach $20B
- 20.07.2017Oil jumps to six-week high on surprisingly big U.S. inventory draws
- 18.07.2017Ischinger: Sanctions against Russia pose threat on European energy security
- 18.07.2017Import of certain types of gasoline to Azerbaijan exempted from duties
- 18.07.2017Azerbaijani President: "The Southern Gas Corridor is probably the largest infrastructure project in Europe"
- 17.07.2017Azerbaijan increases gas transportation 10% this year
- 17.07.2017Azerbaijan sees 8% rise in gasoline production
- 17.07.2017Azerbaijan sees 3.2-fold increase in gold production
- 13.06.2017OPEC: Azerbaijan’s oil supply remained lower year-on-year by 80,000 barrels
- 14.06.2017OPEC Secretary General: Natig Aliyev was one of main architects of Vienna agreement
- 14.06.2017EU remains as main foreign trade partner of Azerbaijan
- 12.06.2017External managers manage 8.5% of SOFAZ investment portfolio
- 12.06.2017SOFAZ’s revenue from sales of profit oil and gas amounts to $5.2B
- 12.06.2017Azerbaijan quadruples revenues from energy export