Baku hosts Azerbaijan-Korea energy forum
Baku hosted Azerbaijan-Korea energy forum.
APA reports that the event was attended by Deputy Chairman of Azerishig OJSC Vugar Ahmadov, South Korean Ambassador Kim Chang-gyu, Advisor to Azerenergy OJSC’s president Arif Hashimnov, chairman of Azenco’s (Azerbaijan Energy Construction) Management Board Vugar Shahmuradov and authorized representatives of Korea Electric Power Corporation (KEPCO).
KEPCO Vice-President Lee Kwan Sog said that his company has been controlling energy field in Korea for 120 years. According to him, the KEPCO implemented 36 projects in 24 countries and ranked at first in Forbes magazine for utility services.
Deputy Chairman of Azerishig OJSC Vugar Ahmadov noted that Azerbaijan and South Korea cooperate in education, construction, transport, information and technologies. He stressed that beginning of the new stage of mutual cooperation may be useful for both sides.
South Korean Ambassador Kim Chang-gyu said that it’s the 25th anniversary of diplomatic relations between the two counties and mutual visits of presidents in 2006-2007 supported extension of political, economic and cultural relations.
“Taekwondo and other Korean sports are much loved in Azerbaijan. Number of Korean tourists travelling to Azerbaijan increased. They enjoy culture and nature of Azerbaijan, which is the centre of historical Silk Road”, he said.
Underlining impact of global crisis on bilateral relations, Ambassador Kim Chang-gyu noted that technical seminars to be held within the forum will new pages for new cooperation among companies.
Thereafter, presentations on Azerishig, familiarization with Azerbaijan’s energy field, KEPCO and automatic thermal analysis and diagnostics were held.
- 22.05.2018President Ilham Aliyev inaugurates high-voltage equipment plant in Baku - UPDATED
- 21.05.2018Ilham Aliyev: Regional energy cooperation rises to a new level
- 21.05.2018BP expects demand for oil to peak in late 2030s
- 21.05.2018Azerbaijan decreases energy export to Georgia by 12%
- 21.05.2018Azerbaijan decreases export of oil and oil products to Georgia 11%
- 21.05.2018Shahdeniz consortium ready to transport Azerbaijani gas to Bulgaria from 2020
- 18.05.2018Azerbaijan gets 2% decline in electric power production this year
- 17.05.2018SCPX first gas scope 99 percent complete
- 17.05.2018SCP daily average throughput makes up 23.1 mcm of gas
- 17.05.2018Shah Deniz 2 first gas scope 99 percent complete
- 17.05.2018Shahdeniz produces about 2.7 bcm of gas and 0.6 million tonnes of condensate
- 17.05.2018BTC exports more than 8 million tonnes of crude oil
- 17.05.2018ACG delivers 5.8 million cubic metres of associated gas to SOCAR
- 17.05.2018ACG produces 7 million tonnes of oil in Q1
- 16.05.2018Renewable energy to meet 100% of power demand in Nakhchivan
- 16.05.2018Gas transportation via main pipelines increases by 1%
- 16.05.2018BTC transports more than 2 million tonnes of transit oil in four months
- 16.05.2018Azerbaijan increases gold production nearly fivefold
- 16.05.2018Azerbaijan sees 11% in gas production
- 16.05.2018OPEC fulfills Vienna agreement by 172% in April
- 16.05.2018Azerbaijan sees 53% growth in revenues from export of oil products
- 16.05.2018SOCAR imports nearly 800 million cubic meters of gas from Russia in Q1
- 16.05.2018Azerbaijan gets 11%rise in natural gas export
- 16.05.2018Azerbaijan triples energy export this year
- 11.05.2018Berat Albayrak: TANAP to be launched on June 12
- 10.05.2018Azerbaijan fulfils its obligation on output cut
- 09.05.2018Ilham Aliyev receives president of International Association of Ports and Harbors - UPDATED
- 09.05.2018Azerbaijan exports over 20,000 tons of fuel to Georgia last month
- 08.05.2018SOCAR Georgia Gas to invest GEL7M in Georgia this year
- 08.05.2018Deputy Minister: Azerbaijan to become natural gas supplier of Georgia in 2019
- 08.05.2018Director: SOCAR Georgia Gas over-fulfils investment obligations
- 08.05.2018ACG produces 455 million tonnes of oil and 144.5 bcm of gas so far
- 07.05.2018Vice-Speaker: Azerbaijan replacing heavy fuel in energy production with natural gas
- 07.05.2018Azerbaijan to build new gas storage and compressor station
- 04.05.2018Petkim increases liabilities by 68% in 1Q2018
- 04.05.2018Transportation of oil products through SOCAR’s Kulevi terminal in Georgia declines
- 03.05.2018IMF: AzeriLight’s price will be $62
- 03.05.2018IMF forecasts 33% growth in Azerbaijan’s gas export
- 03.05.2018Azerbaijan reduces energy production by more than 4%
- 03.05.2018Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) establishes MIT-Azerbaijan Fund to support young entrepreneurs and startup ecosystem development in Azerbaijan
- 13.06.2017OPEC: Azerbaijan’s oil supply remained lower year-on-year by 80,000 barrels
- 14.06.2017OPEC Secretary General: Natig Aliyev was one of main architects of Vienna agreement
- 14.06.2017EU remains as main foreign trade partner of Azerbaijan
- 12.06.2017External managers manage 8.5% of SOFAZ investment portfolio
- 12.06.2017SOFAZ’s revenue from sales of profit oil and gas amounts to $5.2B
- 12.06.2017Azerbaijan quadruples revenues from energy export