Azerbaijan's energy minister Natig Aliyev dies - UPDATED
Azerbaijani Energy Minister Natig Aliyev, who had been receiving treatment in Istanbul Florence Nightingale Hospital, died following a sudden complication on Friday morning.
A few days ago, Energy Minister Natig Aliyev had been placed at the Central Hospital of Oil Workers in Baku due to heart problems. Thereafter, he was brought to Turkey for medical treatment.
Natiq Aghaami oglu Aliyev was born on November 23, 1947 in Baku, Azerbaijan.
In 1965, he graduated from the secondary school, in 1970 - from Azerbaijan State Oil Academy. He started working in the field once he was employed by Azerdenizneftkeshfiyyat trust of Xəzərdənizneftqazsenaye PU in 1970.
In 1971 he got postgraduate education in Geology Institution of National Sciences Academy of Azerbaijan. He had a PhD in Geology-Mineralogy Sciences since 1974.
He was appointed chief of geology department at Azerdenizneftkeshfiyyat trust of Xəzərdənizneftqazsenaye PU in 1979, the Chief Instructor of Department at the administration of Central Committee of Azerbaijan Communist Party in 1984.
In 1993-2005, he worked as SOCAR President and Chairman of Board of Directors.
He was appointed as chairman of The Steering Committee for the development of the Azeri, Chirag and deepwater portion of the Gunashli (ACG) fields in 1994, chairman of BTC Board of Directors in 2002.
In 2005-2013 he worked as Minister of Industry and Energy. On October 22, 2013 he was appointed as the Minister of Energy.
He had more than 100 articles, scientific works and books published. He had been academician of International East Oil Academy, doctor of economic sciences since 2008.
He was elected as correspondent member of the International Academy of Engineering (IAE) in 2008.
Related news releases
- 17.10.2017TAP to invest 800 million euros in Albania
- 17.10.2017Italy’s Edison to purchase Azerbaijani gas
- 16.10.2017TAP pipe deliveries complete
- 16.10.2017Azerbaijan gets 2.5% decline in heating power production
- 16.10.2017SOCAR transfers AZN 1B to state budget
- 14.10.2017Oil rallies nearly 2 percent on China import boost, U.S.-Iran tensions
- 13.10.2017Executive body on ensuring transparency in extractive industry changed in Azerbaijan
- 13.10.2017Azerbaijan increases oil transportation via main pipelines
- 13.10.2017Azerbaijan gets 8% decline in natural gas production
- 13.10.2017Azerbaijan increases gasoline production 5%, reduces diesel production 21%
- 13.10.2017President: Azerbaijani gas will play a major role in solution of issues of Bulgaria's energy security
- 12.10.2017Parviz Shahbazov appointed Azerbaijan’s new energy minister
- 12.10.2017Azerbaijan sees 5% decline in gas production
- 12.10.2017Azerbaijan sees 8% decline in oil output
- 12.10.2017SOCAR to export 1.5 million tonnes of oil via Baku-Novorossiysk pipeline next year
- 12.10.2017Expenditures of STAR Refinery in Turkey increase
- 12.10.2017Azerbaijan may export diesel to Iran
- 12.10.2017Turkmenistan to resume oil transportation via BTC, Kazakhstan holding negotiations
- 12.10.2017BP announces its investments in ACG and Shahdeniz
- 12.10.2017BP Regional President names factors to turn Azerbaijan into a regional energy hub
- 12.10.2017SOCAR Trading to supply liquid gas to Malta
- 12.10.2017SOCAR: ACG currently has more than 550 million tonnes of oil
- 12.10.2017Baku hosting international petroleum summit
- 10.10.2017Board of Directors highly evaluates Nobel Oil Services’ performance
- 09.10.2017Ancient tombs unearthed during TANAP construction
- 06.10.2017Minister: TANAP to be completed earlier than planned
- 06.10.2017Gazprom agrees to open office in Azerbaijan
- 05.10.2017President gives SOCAR instruction to provide gasifying of Lahij settlement
- 05.10.2017Azerbaijan reduces gas production nearly 17%
- 05.10.2017SOCAR reduces gas production nearly 6%
- 05.10.2017Azerbaijan reduces oil production by 9%
- 05.10.2017SOCAR reduces oil production by 1.5%
- 05.10.2017Georgia increases fuel import from Azerbaijan
- 05.10.2017Turkmenistan decreases oil transportation via BTC by 10.5 percent
- 05.10.2017Oil transportation via BTC declines 8%
- 05.10.2017Volume of Azerbaijani oil transported through Ceyhan port announced
- 04.10.2017Putin says oil embargo against Iraqi Kurdistan to increase oil prices
- 04.10.2017SOFAZ announces revenues from ACG
- 03.10.2017Number of people travelled to Georgia from Azerbaijan last month increases 15.6%
- 03.10.2017Azerbaijan submits data on September’s oil output to OPEC
- 09.06.2017Natig Aliyev’s body to be brought to Baku tomorrow – ministry - UPDATED
- 09.06.2017Azerishig chairman awarded order "For Service to Motherland
- 12.06.2017Azerbaijan gets 10% decline in revenues from crude oil export
- 08.06.2017Deputy Minister: Campaign against Azerbaijan after it left EITI was not effective
- 08.06.2017Volume of Azerbaijan’s active gas in underground storages makes up 1.3 bcm
- 07.06.2017SOCAR’s subsidiary abolished