Azerbaijan's energy minister Natig Aliyev dies - UPDATED
Azerbaijani Energy Minister Natig Aliyev, who had been receiving treatment in Istanbul Florence Nightingale Hospital, died following a sudden complication on Friday morning.
A few days ago, Energy Minister Natig Aliyev had been placed at the Central Hospital of Oil Workers in Baku due to heart problems. Thereafter, he was brought to Turkey for medical treatment.
Natiq Aghaami oglu Aliyev was born on November 23, 1947 in Baku, Azerbaijan.
In 1965, he graduated from the secondary school, in 1970 - from Azerbaijan State Oil Academy. He started working in the field once he was employed by Azerdenizneftkeshfiyyat trust of Xəzərdənizneftqazsenaye PU in 1970.
In 1971 he got postgraduate education in Geology Institution of National Sciences Academy of Azerbaijan. He had a PhD in Geology-Mineralogy Sciences since 1974.
He was appointed chief of geology department at Azerdenizneftkeshfiyyat trust of Xəzərdənizneftqazsenaye PU in 1979, the Chief Instructor of Department at the administration of Central Committee of Azerbaijan Communist Party in 1984.
In 1993-2005, he worked as SOCAR President and Chairman of Board of Directors.
He was appointed as chairman of The Steering Committee for the development of the Azeri, Chirag and deepwater portion of the Gunashli (ACG) fields in 1994, chairman of BTC Board of Directors in 2002.
In 2005-2013 he worked as Minister of Industry and Energy. On October 22, 2013 he was appointed as the Minister of Energy.
He had more than 100 articles, scientific works and books published. He had been academician of International East Oil Academy, doctor of economic sciences since 2008.
He was elected as correspondent member of the International Academy of Engineering (IAE) in 2008.
Related news releases
- 16.08.2017Gas transportation from Shah Deniz field to Georgia suspended
- 14.08.2017LUKOIL and SOCAR can jointly invest in Turkish companies
- 11.08.2017Azerbaijan’s revenues from energy export increase 3.4-fold
- 11.08.2017Azerbaijan’s revenues from natural gas export increase sixfold
- 11.08.2017Azerbaijan reduces crude oil export 40%
- 09.08.2017ENOC continues to supply crude oil to Iran despite sanctions
- 08.08.2017New US sanctions on Russia increase uncertainty on European gas markets - S&P
- 08.08.2017Turkmen President to discuss natural gas transportation in Baku
- 07.08.2017ENOC sends oil to Iran despite US sanctions
- 04.08.2017Oil prices rise on strong U.S. jobs data
- 04.08.2017President: Azerbaijan turned into a reliable country supplying gas to world
- 03.08.2017Azerbaijan submits data on July’s oil output to OPEC
- 03.08.2017Power substation launched in Azerbaijan’s Zagatala
- 02.08.2017Volume of Azerbaijani oil transported through Ceyhan port announced
- 02.08.2017BTC transported more than 337 million tonnes of oil so far
- 01.08.2017SOCAR announces volume of exported oil products
- 01.08.2017SOCAR announces sale price of crude oil for last month
- 01.08.2017SOCAR exports 12 million tonnes of oil through three ports this year
- 01.08.2017Azerbaijan sells energy worth $10M to Turkey this year
- 31.07.2017Oil near two-month high as producers set to meet again
- 28.07.2017Georgian official: Baku-Supsa pipeline to operate uninterruptedly
- 27.07.2017SOCAR imports 16,000 tonnes of aircraft fuel from Saudi Arabia
- 27.07.2017Oil jumps to near eight-week high after big draw in U.S. crude stocks
- 25.07.2017Azerbaijan increases gas export to Turkey
- 25.07.2017BP: TANAP is significant project for us
- 25.07.2017Anglo Asian Mining earns $19.4M from sale of gold
- 25.07.2017Oil extends gains as Saudi pledges export curbs
- 24.07.2017Country manager: TAP construction won’t have negative impact on environment
- 22.07.2017Oil dives 2 percent; consultant sees OPEC crude output rise in July
- 21.07.2017President Ilham Aliyev opens Pirallahi solar power plant
- 20.07.2017Rovnag Abdullayev: 90% works copmleted in STAR refinery
- 20.07.2017SOCAR President: $8.5B invested in TANAP so far
- 20.07.2017Azerbaijan’s investments in Turkey to reach $20B
- 20.07.2017Oil jumps to six-week high on surprisingly big U.S. inventory draws
- 18.07.2017Ischinger: Sanctions against Russia pose threat on European energy security
- 18.07.2017Import of certain types of gasoline to Azerbaijan exempted from duties
- 18.07.2017Azerbaijani President: "The Southern Gas Corridor is probably the largest infrastructure project in Europe"
- 17.07.2017Azerbaijan increases gas transportation 10% this year
- 17.07.2017Azerbaijan sees 8% rise in gasoline production
- 17.07.2017Azerbaijan sees 3.2-fold increase in gold production
- 09.06.2017Natig Aliyev’s body to be brought to Baku tomorrow – ministry - UPDATED
- 09.06.2017Azerishig chairman awarded order "For Service to Motherland
- 12.06.2017Azerbaijan gets 10% decline in revenues from crude oil export
- 08.06.2017Deputy Minister: Campaign against Azerbaijan after it left EITI was not effective
- 08.06.2017Volume of Azerbaijan’s active gas in underground storages makes up 1.3 bcm
- 07.06.2017SOCAR’s subsidiary abolished