Azerbaijan submits letter on joining International Energy Charter
Today, a round table was held on a draft law on energy saving and energy efficiency with the participation of Azerbaijani Minister of Energy Parviz Shahbazov, Secretary-General of the International Energy Charter (IEC), Urban Rusnak, as well as state bodies, international organizations and experts.
APA-Economics reports that Minister of Energy thanked International Energy Charter for cooperation on improvement of legislative base thanks to energy effectiveness.
According to him, Azerbaijan signed a contract on joining the European Energy Charter in 1994: ‘This charter entered into force in 1998. As a demand for energy increases in the world, energy effectiveness also increases. On May 21, 2015, the European Energy Charter got status of the International Energy Charter in Hague. We want to closely cooperate with the IEC on several issues. And today, we submitted a letter on Azerbaijan’s joining the IEC’.
The minister noted that Azerbaijan has already done certain works in this field. According to him, Azerbaijani President issued an order on creation of Energy Regulation Agency. The minister noted that Azerbaijan closely cooperates with the IEC: ‘This is a trilateral cooperation which includes EU too’.
Shahbazov spoke about the draft law and said that the elaboration process of the draft law on energy saving and energy efficiency by the IEC within the EU4Energy program has been completed: ‘The draft law will support reaching the goals that reflected in Strategic Road Map for the development of utilities (electricity and thermal energy, water and gas supply)’.
IEC Secretary-General Urban Rusnak assessed the draft law as a contribution of cooperation with the Energy Charter Secretariat.
After speeches, Shahbazov submitted the letter on Azerbaijan’s joining the IEC.
- 20.07.2018US Charge d'Affaires in Azerbaijan: US will continue to support SGC
- 20.07.2018DESFA sells 66% of its shares for €535M
- 19.07.2018Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijani gas will take its place in EU space soon
- 19.07.2018President: Process of industrialization is taking place at a very high pace in Azerbaijan
- 18.07.2018SOFAZ revenues from bonuses on oil and gas agreements to make up AZN 774M this year
- 18.07.2018President: Nearly $250 billion invested in Azerbaijan during past fifteen years
- 18.07.2018Azerbaijani, Italian Presidents attend inauguration of plant in Sumgayit
- 18.07.2018President: Azerbaijan’s rapid economic and industrial development needs new technologies
- 17.07.2018Azerbaijani President issues order on execution of SOFAZ 2017 budget
- 17.07.2018SOFAZ earns AZN 7.9B from sale of profit oil and gas
- 16.07.2018BTC celebrates 3 billion barrels of oil export
- 14.07.2018Non-oil sector of Azerbaijan's economy grew by 2 percent
- 13.07.2018Azerbaijani oil price decreases
- 12.07.2018Azerenergy releases information about power cut in country
- 12.07.2018Azerishig: Power supply suspended in 27% of Azerbaijan’s territory
- 12.07.2018Power supply cut in several regions of Azerbaijan
- 12.07.2018Azerbaijan doubles electricity export this year
- 12.07.2018Azerbaijan increases revenues from gas export by 8 percent
- 12.07.2018Azerbaijan increases crude oil export by 40%
- 12.07.2018Azerbaijan doubles revenues from export of oil products
- 12.07.2018Azerbaijani oil price decreases
- 09.07.2018SOCAR Group borrows 419 million manats this year
- 05.07.2018Kemaleddin Heydarov: “None of previously stated remarks were not taken into account”
- 05.07.2018Azerbaijani President: "I express my gratitude to Russia and Georgia"
- 04.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev chairs meeting on situation of country’s energy system
- 04.07.2018Electricity supply of all regions of Azerbaijan resumed
- 03.07.2018Azerenerji: "Janub" and "Sumgayit" power stations activated, Baku's electricity supply restored
- 03.07.2018Ministry of Energy and Azerenerji issue joint information on electricity transmission issues
- 03.07.2018Georgia starts energy export to Azerbaijan
- 02.07.2018BP Azerbaijan: We look forward to continuing to work closely with the government of Azerbaijan and other co-venturers towards our next target of gas to Europe in 2020
- 02.07.2018SOCAR President: Shah Deniz 2 platforms constructed by SOCAR’s affiliate companies
- 02.07.2018Shah Deniz 2 begins gas deliveries to Turkey
- 29.06.2018Azerbaijani parliament ratifies new budget rules
- 29.06.2018Rick Perry: US to continue supporting Azerbaijan’s global energy projects
- 28.06.2018The mechanism of economic amnesty to be developed in Azerbaijan
- 28.06.2018First commercial deliveries within Shah Deniz-2 to begin next week,
- 25.06.2018Azerbaijan increases energy production by more than 9%
- 25.06.2018New Azerbaijani Vice President appointed to BP
- 25.06.2018Azerbaijan welcomes OPEC decision to increase oil output
- 22.06.2018OPEC agrees to boost oil production by 1 million b/d
- 15.03.2018Fitch: SGC's carries strategic importance for Azerbaijan's long-term macroeconomic stability
- 16.03.2018EIB approves 932 mln euro loan for TANAP gas pipeline
- 16.03.2018Azerbaijan increases diesel production
- 15.03.2018Minister: Measures should continue to keep oil prices stable
- 15.03.2018Georgia increases energy import from Azerbaijan
- 13.03.2018Shahin Mustafayev: Azerbaijan intends to cooperate with Iran in oil and gas production