Azerbaijan submits letter on joining International Energy Charter
Today, a round table was held on a draft law on energy saving and energy efficiency with the participation of Azerbaijani Minister of Energy Parviz Shahbazov, Secretary-General of the International Energy Charter (IEC), Urban Rusnak, as well as state bodies, international organizations and experts.
APA-Economics reports that Minister of Energy thanked International Energy Charter for cooperation on improvement of legislative base thanks to energy effectiveness.
According to him, Azerbaijan signed a contract on joining the European Energy Charter in 1994: ‘This charter entered into force in 1998. As a demand for energy increases in the world, energy effectiveness also increases. On May 21, 2015, the European Energy Charter got status of the International Energy Charter in Hague. We want to closely cooperate with the IEC on several issues. And today, we submitted a letter on Azerbaijan’s joining the IEC’.
The minister noted that Azerbaijan has already done certain works in this field. According to him, Azerbaijani President issued an order on creation of Energy Regulation Agency. The minister noted that Azerbaijan closely cooperates with the IEC: ‘This is a trilateral cooperation which includes EU too’.
Shahbazov spoke about the draft law and said that the elaboration process of the draft law on energy saving and energy efficiency by the IEC within the EU4Energy program has been completed: ‘The draft law will support reaching the goals that reflected in Strategic Road Map for the development of utilities (electricity and thermal energy, water and gas supply)’.
IEC Secretary-General Urban Rusnak assessed the draft law as a contribution of cooperation with the Energy Charter Secretariat.
After speeches, Shahbazov submitted the letter on Azerbaijan’s joining the IEC.
- 23.04.2018Minister: Azerbaijan’s joining OPEC is not on agenda
- 23.04.2018BP: Business in Azerbaijan is one of other significant ones in BP’s global portfolio
- 23.04.2018ACG produced 453 milion tonnes of oil and 144 bcm of gas so far
- 23.04.2018Minister: SGC opens opportunities for rich gas resources of region
- 20.04.2018Extractive Industries Transparency Commission holds meeting
- 19.04.2018SOFAZ revenues from ACG and Shahdeniz amount to $133 bln
- 19.04.201870 million barrels of Azerbaijani oil transported through Georgia
- 19.04.2018Georgia increases energy import from Azerbaijan
- 19.04.2018Azerbaijan increases export of oil and oil products to Georgia over 8%
- 19.04.2018Azerbaijan gets 3% rise in wind power production this year
- 19.04.2018Azerbaijan increases gas export to Georgia by nearly 6%
- 19.04.2018Oil near late-2014 highs as Saudi pushes for higher prices, U.S. crude stocks decline
- 18.04.2018Edison to buy gas from Shahdeniz
- 18.04.2018President: Azerbaijan has turned from energy importing country into energy exporting country
- 18.04.2018President: Shahdeniz 2, South Caucasus Pipeline and TANAP will be launched this year
- 18.04.2018$1.5B invested in non-oil sector in Q1
- 18.04.2018Russia, Iran can extend oil supplies agreement for 5 years
- 17.04.2018Azerbaijan increases oil production
- 17.04.2018Gas transportation via main pipelines increases by 7%
- 17.04.2018BTC transports more than 1.5 million tonnes of transit oil in three months
- 17.04.2018Azerbaijan increases gasoline and diesel production in Q1
- 17.04.2018Azerbaijan increases gold production by 5.1-fold
- 17.04.2018SOCAR Turkey Energy buys stake in TANAP
- 17.04.2018$5.6B invested in TANAP construction so far
- 17.04.2018Saltuk Duzyol: TANAP will be ready to give gas to TAP in June 2019
- 17.04.2018General Manager: TANAP can also transport Iraq’s gas in future
- 16.04.2018Anglo Asian Mining earns $1.3M from sale of gold
- 16.04.2018SOCAR increases diesel production due to high demand
- 12.04.2018Azerbaijan sees growth in revenues from crude oil export
- 12.04.2018Azerbaijan, Iran sign contract on sale and purchase of electric energy
- 12.04.2018Azerbaijan’s non-oil sector increases by 2.2-fold in 2004-2017
- 11.04.2018Georgian president speaks about SGC’s significance in Abu Dhabi
- 11.04.2018SOFAZ assets increases by $2b in Q1
- 11.04.2018SOCAR announces investment plans
- 10.04.2018Azerbaijan fulfils its obligation on output cut
- 06.04.2018SOCAR President: SGC to create significant common gas-main pipeline
- 06.04.2018PROKON on final straight at Construction of SOCAR Ammonia and Urea Plant
- 05.04.2018Azerbaijani president orders allocating funds for construction of 15 modular schools
- 03.04.2018Transportation of oil products through SOCAR’s Kulevi terminal in Georgia declines
- 02.04.2018Azerbaijani appointed as BP Vice President Australia
- 15.03.2018Fitch: SGC's carries strategic importance for Azerbaijan's long-term macroeconomic stability
- 16.03.2018EIB approves 932 mln euro loan for TANAP gas pipeline
- 16.03.2018Azerbaijan increases diesel production
- 15.03.2018Minister: Measures should continue to keep oil prices stable
- 15.03.2018Georgia increases energy import from Azerbaijan
- 13.03.2018Shahin Mustafayev: Azerbaijan intends to cooperate with Iran in oil and gas production