USD operations increase by 1.6-fold in Azerbaijan
By contrast to January-February 2017, the foreign currency market increased 1.57-fold in the reporting period of 2018, APA-Economics reports according to the statistics of the Central Bank.
In February 2018, the USD operations amounted to $373,582,600, up 4.30% or $ 15,427,900 from 2017.
In the reporting period of 2018, $151,155,300 was sold, down 6.97% or $11,332,000 from previous year. At the same time, $222,427,300 was bought, up 13.68% or $26,759,900 in comparison to a year earlier.
In the reporting period of 2018, EUR 53,160,700 was sold, up 16.55% or EUR 7,551,300 from previous year. At the same time, EUR 9,055,600 was bought, down 24.89% or EUR 3,044,700 in comparison to a year earlier.
Euro operations amounted to EUR 62,216,300 in February 2018, up 7.80% or EUR 4,506,600 from 2017.
Related news releases
- 21.12.2015Does Azerbaijan need TAP? - ANALYSIS
- 02.09.2015Current situation in Azerbaijan’s banking system: Is the consolidation of small banks a way out? - ANALYSIS
- 01.09.2015USD fell, Euro rose in August in Azerbaijan - ANALYSIS
- 27.06.2015Sargsyan, whose “Nagorno-Karabakh card” has already been beaten, faces popular uprising
- 25.06.2015Disrespect to international law and double standards of PACE - ANALYSIS
- 22.06.2015ECHR judgment: New stage in Nagorno-Karabakh conflict settlement - ANALYSIS
- 07.04.2014Official Exchange Rates
- 16.11.2012Union of Azerbaijani Organizations in Russia – The “friends club” who don’t want to follow the fate of Khodorkovski - ANALYSIS
- 20.02.2012Fishing grows by 24% in Azerbaijan
- 05.10.2011Bear kills hunter in central Russia
- 05.10.2011Russia offers compromise on UN resolution against Syria
- 02.08.2011Russia to reopen Magnitsky investigation - paper
- 12.11.2009Forbes lists the most powerfull people in thr world
- 12.05.2009Europe needs only one but reliable pipeline – ANALYTICS
- 09.09.2008Turkey’s effort to save from Western-Russian confrontation – ANALYSIS
- 07.07.2008Being rich is our right!
- 19.06.2008Azerbaijan’s banking sector at the stage of transformation
- 12.06.2008Gazprom in the energy security of Europe
- 11.06.2008Ticket to Azerbaijan
- 06.06.2008Flexible tariffs are necessary to increase the competitiveness of the TRACECA transport corridor
- 29.05.2008Card-to-card transfer as an alternative payment system in Azerbaijan
- 22.05.2008Azerbaijan exchange market is becoming a regional financial center
- 07.05.2008Azerbaijan-based banks begin to install ATMs with cash-in function
- 29.08.2007Insurance of deposits will increase people’s trust in bank system in Azerbaijan
- 15.08.2007Azerbaijan and Russia: Fight for gas market of Europe
- 09.08.2007Azerbaijan applies the most advanced deposit insurance system in the CIS region
- 09.08.2007Azerbaijan needs billions of private capital
- 06.08.2007Vneshtorgbank penetrating Azerbaijani market
- 02.07.2007Azerbaijan believes in prospects of Nabucco pipeline
- 28.06.2007Azerbaijan has to change foreign trade structure
- 20.06.2007Development of national payment system to boost cad business in Azerbaijan
- 30.04.2007SOCAR consolidates its position to be an international company
- 24.04.2007Clothing stores offer sharp discount in Baku?
- 23.04.2007Azerbaijan’s healthcare in figures
- 19.04.2007Azerbaijan medicine market witnessed 25 percent price rise
- 31.05.2018Energy-poor Moldova’s alternative way
- 08.12.2017USD operations decline 1.9-fold in Azerbaijan
- 06.04.2017Decreasing production, increasing price: will the oil price stabilize? - ANALYSIS
- 15.04.2016Three obstacles that can thwart ‘Doha Plans’ - ANALYSIS