US crude production hits record, passing Saudi Arabia
U.S. crude production hit its highest level ever and surpassed Saudi Arabia as second-ranked in the world, according to data released Wednesday, APA reports quoting Anadolu Agency.
Crude production in the U.S. increased 332,000 barrels per day (bpd) to 10.25 million for the week ending Feb. 2, the Energy Information Administration (EIA) data showed.
The nation’s previous high crude output was in November 1970 when it averaged just above 10.04 million bpd, according to the EIA.
The U.S.'s crude production last week caught up with Saudi Arabia, that averaged 9.92 million bpd in December, according to the most recent data based on OPEC's Monthly Oil Market Report released Jan. 18.
A report by the EIA forecast crude oil production in the U.S. to average 10.6 million bpd in 2018 and output is projected to average 11.2 million bpd in 2019, a number that would surpass Russia -- the world's biggest crude oil producer.
Meanwhile, the U.S. remains the world's biggest oil consumer, but with the most recent jump in production, its crude imports showed a decline, while inventories increased last week.
Crude imports fell by 538,000 bpd to 7.89 million bpd for the week ending Feb. 2, and commercial crude stocks slightly rose 1.9 million bpd to 420.3 million, the EIA data said.
The new data helped move the global market following the report.
International benchmark Brent crude was down 2.6 percent to $65.44 at 1140 EST (1640GMT), while American benchmark West Texas Intermediate fell to $61.62 -- a 3.5 percent loss.
Related news releases
- 31.01.2018Authority to be created for management of Alat free trade zone
- 22.01.2018Trade turnover between Azerbaijan and Georgia exceeds $880M in 2017
- 18.01.2018Azerbaijan gets 2% rise in consumption market in 2017
- 12.01.2018‘Mover’: No problem in goods delivery to Azerbaijan
- 11.01.2018Azerbaijan increases amount of funds for organizing export missions to foreign countries
- 11.01.2018Azerbaijan will organize purchase missions for foreigners
- 29.12.2017Entrepreneurial activity divided into four subjects in Azerbaijan
- 28.12.2017Agency on Development of Small and Medium Entrepreneurship established under Ministry of Economy
- 27.12.2017Caspian European Club compiles annual investment rating of economic regions of Azerbaijan
- 26.12.2017Azerbaijani billionaires buy one of Russia’s largest sports complexes
- 25.12.2017Excise on import of beers and alcoholic drinks increased in Azerbaijan
- 25.12.2017Excise on tobacco and tobacco products imported to Azerbaijan doubles
- 15.12.2017President: Facilities to put an end to dependence on import are launched in Azerbaijan
- 13.12.2017Azerbaijani businessman sells Cherkizovo at $2B
- 12.12.2017Apple confirmed Monday it has acquired the music discovery app Shazam, APA reports quoting Anadolu Agency.
- 07.12.2017President: 5,000 people illegally working in construction started to work on the basis of labour contracts within a few months
- 07.12.2017Azerkhalcha OJSC opens branch in Guba
- 04.12.2017Ministry: Fares paid by clients for taxi services are free of VAT
- 30.11.2017US Ambassador to Become Honorary Guest of CEO Lunch Baku
- 29.11.2017Azerbaijani president receives delegation of CISCO company - UPDATED
- 28.11.2017Azerbaijani president inaugurates bread and flour plant in Agjabadi
- 21.11.2017Telman Ismayilov: I also have something to say
- 21.11.2017More than two hundred HR professionals benefit from Gilan Holding’s master class
- 10.11.2017President Ilham Aliyev attends opening of “Grand Qafqaz” trade complex in Ganja
- 07.11.2017Broadcom bids $103 billion for Qualcomm, open to going hostile
- 06.11.2017Tekfen’s portfolio on Azerbaijan makes up $2.1B - ANALYSIS
- 03.11.2017Moratorium on business inspections extended until 2021
- 31.10.2017Moratorium on business inspections extended until 2021
- 27.10.2017Lavrov: Azerbaijani investors actively participate in construction of new factories in Astrakhan
- 25.10.2017Second Baku Shopping Festival shows that first festival reached its goal - Turkish Ambassador
- 19.10.2017EBay reports 8.7 percent rise in quarterly revenue
- 16.10.2017US investments in Azerbaijan near $13 billion
- 16.10.2017US interested in expansion of trade with Azerbaijan – commercial service
- 09.10.2017Azerbaijani president approves Action Plan on prevention of informal employment
- 09.10.2017Baku to host Azerbaijan-GCC business forum
- 09.10.2017President: Socio-political situation and economic development in Azerbaijan set an example for some countries
- 04.10.2017Gilan Holding to participate in 11th Azerbaijan International Career Exhibition
- 28.09.2017Azerbaijani president allocates AZN 1M for organization of Baku Shopping Festival
- 28.09.2017Azerbaijan imposes new punishments for earning incomes from illegal business
- 15.09.2017Azerbaijan creating Credit Guarantee Fund
- 08.02.2018President Ilham Aliyev receives Senior Executive Vice President of Thales International
- 12.02.2018Amazon cutting hundreds of jobs: Seattle Times
- 07.02.2018Company illegally operating in Nagorno Karabakh prevented from participating in exhibition in Russia
- 06.02.2018Azerbaijani president approves amendment to Law on Entrepreneurial activity
- 31.01.2018Fed holds interest rates steady