Russia’s richest Azerbaijani businessmen earn $5B, lose $300M
APA-Economics reports citing to the magazine that 200 Russian businessmen’s wealth increased $100 billion in 2016 and reached $460 billion.
Generally, number of Russian billionaires increased from 77 to 96.
So, co-founder of Novatek and Sibur companies Leonid Mikhelson ranks at 1st with the wealth of $18.4 billion.
Owner of Severstal Alexei Mordashov’s wealth ranked at 2nd with $17.5 billion, Novolipetsk Metallurgical Combine’s owner Vladimir Lisin held the third place with $16.1 billion.
Increasing his wealth by $4.6 billion, Gennady Timchenko, who is shareholder of Sibur petrochemicals complex, ranks at 4th with $16 billion.
Azerbaijani businessman, head of LUKoil Vahid Alekberov earned $8.9 billion in 2016 and ranked at 5th with $14.5 billion.
Owner and head of Crocus Group Araz Aghalarov increased the wealth by $500 million in 2016 and ranked at 51st with $1.7 billion.
Interestingly enough other three Azerbaijani businessmen – Zarakh Iliyev, Qod Nisanov and Farhad Ahmadov - ended 2016 on loss of $300 million in total. Iliyev and Nisanov relevantly ranked at 34th and 36th with $3.1 billion, Ahmadov at 67th with $1.3 billion.
Related news releases
- 23.04.2018Trade turnover between Azerbaijan and Russia increases by 32% in Q1
- 23.04.2018Azerbaijan to produce small trucks jointly with Russia
- 06.04.2018Export on non-oil sector in two months amounts to $241.7M
- 15.03.2018Number and salary of workers in economy announced
- 15.03.2018Google bans cryptocurrency advertising, bitcoin price slumps
- 13.03.2018Minister: Iran to lease private hospital in Azerbaijan
- 12.03.2018Azerbaijan to host international food industry exhibition
- 12.03.2018Registration for CEO Lunch Baku ongoing
- 09.03.2018Azerbaijani Central Bank announces manat's average rate
- 01.03.2018Activity directions of Agency for Development of Small and Medium-Sized Enterprises of Azerbaijan announced - INTERVIEW
- 27.02.2018Ilham Aliyev: Our main goal is to increase non-oil export
- 12.02.2018Amazon cutting hundreds of jobs: Seattle Times
- 08.02.2018President Ilham Aliyev receives Senior Executive Vice President of Thales International
- 08.02.2018US crude production hits record, passing Saudi Arabia
- 07.02.2018Company illegally operating in Nagorno Karabakh prevented from participating in exhibition in Russia
- 06.02.2018Azerbaijani president approves amendment to Law on Entrepreneurial activity
- 31.01.2018Fed holds interest rates steady
- 31.01.2018Authority to be created for management of Alat free trade zone
- 22.01.2018Trade turnover between Azerbaijan and Georgia exceeds $880M in 2017
- 18.01.2018Azerbaijan gets 2% rise in consumption market in 2017
- 12.01.2018‘Mover’: No problem in goods delivery to Azerbaijan
- 11.01.2018Azerbaijan increases amount of funds for organizing export missions to foreign countries
- 11.01.2018Azerbaijan will organize purchase missions for foreigners
- 29.12.2017Entrepreneurial activity divided into four subjects in Azerbaijan
- 28.12.2017Agency on Development of Small and Medium Entrepreneurship established under Ministry of Economy
- 27.12.2017Caspian European Club compiles annual investment rating of economic regions of Azerbaijan
- 26.12.2017Azerbaijani billionaires buy one of Russia’s largest sports complexes
- 25.12.2017Excise on import of beers and alcoholic drinks increased in Azerbaijan
- 25.12.2017Excise on tobacco and tobacco products imported to Azerbaijan doubles
- 15.12.2017President: Facilities to put an end to dependence on import are launched in Azerbaijan
- 13.12.2017Azerbaijani businessman sells Cherkizovo at $2B
- 12.12.2017Apple confirmed Monday it has acquired the music discovery app Shazam, APA reports quoting Anadolu Agency.
- 07.12.2017President: 5,000 people illegally working in construction started to work on the basis of labour contracts within a few months
- 07.12.2017Azerkhalcha OJSC opens branch in Guba
- 04.12.2017Ministry: Fares paid by clients for taxi services are free of VAT
- 30.11.2017US Ambassador to Become Honorary Guest of CEO Lunch Baku
- 29.11.2017Azerbaijani president receives delegation of CISCO company - UPDATED
- 28.11.2017Azerbaijani president inaugurates bread and flour plant in Agjabadi
- 21.11.2017Telman Ismayilov: I also have something to say
- 21.11.2017More than two hundred HR professionals benefit from Gilan Holding’s master class
- 26.04.2017Ambassador: Turkish businessmen’s investments in Azerbaijan exceed $9M
- 26.04.2017Azerbaijani companies deny participating in Yalta economic forum
- 10.05.2017UK company illegally operating in Nagorno Karabakh warned
- 18.04.2017Minister: The volume of non-oil exports is not at the desired level
- 17.04.2017Azerbaijani president: Trade houses should be created in Gulf countries
- 17.04.2017President: “We should train specialists on export”