IDB allocated $1B loan to Azerbaijan so far
International conference on Investments in Azerbaijan has today kicked off in Baku.
Azerbaijani Minister of Economy Shahin Mustafayev said Azerbaijan cooperates with the Islamic states at high level.
The minister noted that the Islamic countries have been supporting Azerbaijan’s right position on Nagorno Karabakh conflict for long years.
Mustafayev invited participants to the Islamic Solidarity Games to be held next year in Baku.
Accoridng to him, Azerbaijan is closely cooperating with the Islamic Development Bank: “Islamic Development Bank has allocated $1 billion loans to Azerbaijan for implementation of 18 projects, of which 14 have already been completed”.
The minister noted that Azerbaijan is also closely cooperating with the Islamic Corporation for the Development of the Private Sector (ICD). The Corporation has allocated $130 million for implementation of 14 projects. Mustafayev said there are all conditions for investing in Azerbaijan and gave detailed information about potential of the country.
Khaled Mohammed Al-Aboodi, Chief Executive Officer and General Manager at ICD, said that the ICD will contribute to Azerbaijan’s non-oil sector in the future: “We provided assistance to Azerbaijani company through the local banks. We’ll continue to make efforts to increase transit potential in Azerbaijan”.
The CEO added that ICD is ready to share its experience with all countries, including Azerbaijan: “Our assets will reach $35 trillion by 2020. We’ll provide support to other Islamic countries through these assets. We are interested in holding of such events and establishment of joint ventures and companies in Azerbaijan”.
At the end, a memorandum of understanding was signed between ICD and Baku International Sea Trade Port on cooperation.
The conference is being attended by nearly 200 businessmen from 24 countries.
- 12.02.2018Amazon cutting hundreds of jobs: Seattle Times
- 08.02.2018President Ilham Aliyev receives Senior Executive Vice President of Thales International
- 08.02.2018US crude production hits record, passing Saudi Arabia
- 07.02.2018Company illegally operating in Nagorno Karabakh prevented from participating in exhibition in Russia
- 06.02.2018Azerbaijani president approves amendment to Law on Entrepreneurial activity
- 31.01.2018Fed holds interest rates steady
- 31.01.2018Authority to be created for management of Alat free trade zone
- 22.01.2018Trade turnover between Azerbaijan and Georgia exceeds $880M in 2017
- 18.01.2018Azerbaijan gets 2% rise in consumption market in 2017
- 12.01.2018‘Mover’: No problem in goods delivery to Azerbaijan
- 11.01.2018Azerbaijan increases amount of funds for organizing export missions to foreign countries
- 11.01.2018Azerbaijan will organize purchase missions for foreigners
- 29.12.2017Entrepreneurial activity divided into four subjects in Azerbaijan
- 28.12.2017Agency on Development of Small and Medium Entrepreneurship established under Ministry of Economy
- 27.12.2017Caspian European Club compiles annual investment rating of economic regions of Azerbaijan
- 26.12.2017Azerbaijani billionaires buy one of Russia’s largest sports complexes
- 25.12.2017Excise on import of beers and alcoholic drinks increased in Azerbaijan
- 25.12.2017Excise on tobacco and tobacco products imported to Azerbaijan doubles
- 15.12.2017President: Facilities to put an end to dependence on import are launched in Azerbaijan
- 13.12.2017Azerbaijani businessman sells Cherkizovo at $2B
- 12.12.2017Apple confirmed Monday it has acquired the music discovery app Shazam, APA reports quoting Anadolu Agency.
- 07.12.2017President: 5,000 people illegally working in construction started to work on the basis of labour contracts within a few months
- 07.12.2017Azerkhalcha OJSC opens branch in Guba
- 04.12.2017Ministry: Fares paid by clients for taxi services are free of VAT
- 30.11.2017US Ambassador to Become Honorary Guest of CEO Lunch Baku
- 29.11.2017Azerbaijani president receives delegation of CISCO company - UPDATED
- 28.11.2017Azerbaijani president inaugurates bread and flour plant in Agjabadi
- 21.11.2017Telman Ismayilov: I also have something to say
- 21.11.2017More than two hundred HR professionals benefit from Gilan Holding’s master class
- 10.11.2017President Ilham Aliyev attends opening of “Grand Qafqaz” trade complex in Ganja
- 07.11.2017Broadcom bids $103 billion for Qualcomm, open to going hostile
- 06.11.2017Tekfen’s portfolio on Azerbaijan makes up $2.1B - ANALYSIS
- 03.11.2017Moratorium on business inspections extended until 2021
- 31.10.2017Moratorium on business inspections extended until 2021
- 27.10.2017Lavrov: Azerbaijani investors actively participate in construction of new factories in Astrakhan
- 25.10.2017Second Baku Shopping Festival shows that first festival reached its goal - Turkish Ambassador
- 19.10.2017EBay reports 8.7 percent rise in quarterly revenue
- 16.10.2017US investments in Azerbaijan near $13 billion
- 16.10.2017US interested in expansion of trade with Azerbaijan – commercial service
- 09.10.2017Azerbaijani president approves Action Plan on prevention of informal employment
- 09.12.2016Iraqi businessmen intend to invest in Azerbaijan
- 16.12.2016Amount of money Donald Trump received from branding deal in Baku announced
- 19.12.2016Azerbaijan may launch tax amnesty - EXCLUSIVE
- 02.12.2016US businessmen show interest in Azerbaijan - Deputy Assistant Secretary of Commerce
- 30.11.2016Investors who use ‘Build-Operate-Transfer’ model exempt from state duty
- 29.11.2016Azerbaijani president receives ITU Secretary General - UPDATED