Gilan Holding doubles export of agricultural products
The exhibitions are being attended by 331 copmanies from 28 countries, of which 70% are foreign exponents, 30% - local participants.
Several companies under Gilan Holding are exhibiting their products in the CaspianAgro exhibition.
Gilan FMCG’s participation in the exhibition aims to extend export opportunities and establish new business relations with potential foreign clients.
Sanan Orujov, Head of Product Management at Gilan FMCG, which basically engages in production and sale of consumer goods and exports to more than 20 countries, said that these countries include US, Canada, China, Gulf, European, CIS countries, as well as Australia and New Zeeland.
“Our main goal is to gain strength in these countries and find new markets. We mainly export soft drinks, canned and chips products to foreign markets. Moreover, we mainly use technologies in our plants during the production. We have two goals: to play role in meeting domestic demand by local production and increase export potential to bring more currency to the country”, he said.
Orujov added that despitethe economic difficulties in the world, the company’s indicators about production are good.
Gilan Agrotech is also participating in the exhibition with wide range of products.
Sales Coordinator at Gilan Agricultural Group Rashad Majidov said the exhibition is very suitable for establishment of business relations and extension of cooperation: “By participating in the exhibition we aim to expand cooperation. Currently, we export our products to 12 foreign countries. We want to double export potential within a short-run. According to our calculations, this is a real target. Because the cotton-growing is expected to develop this year. We increased the sowing are more than twofold. We plan to extend in hazelnut growing. As we know, hazelnut and cotton are main exportable strategic products. We intend to gain strength in Gulf countries via these products. Along with this, we also plan to extend existing channels in CIS countries. Moreover, we are negotiating with several purchasers in the UK. So, we aim to sell our products to Eu and UK. We want to achieve it through intensive method – increase opf productivity. We have been increasing quality of agro technical service since last year. I’d like to note gardening, because we are expecting serious progress through this field”.
- 15.12.2017President: Facilities to put an end to dependence on import are launched in Azerbaijan
- 13.12.2017Azerbaijani businessman sells Cherkizovo at $2B
- 12.12.2017Apple confirmed Monday it has acquired the music discovery app Shazam, APA reports quoting Anadolu Agency.
- 07.12.2017President: 5,000 people illegally working in construction started to work on the basis of labour contracts within a few months
- 07.12.2017Azerkhalcha OJSC opens branch in Guba
- 04.12.2017Ministry: Fares paid by clients for taxi services are free of VAT
- 30.11.2017US Ambassador to Become Honorary Guest of CEO Lunch Baku
- 29.11.2017Azerbaijani president receives delegation of CISCO company - UPDATED
- 28.11.2017Azerbaijani president inaugurates bread and flour plant in Agjabadi
- 21.11.2017Telman Ismayilov: I also have something to say
- 21.11.2017More than two hundred HR professionals benefit from Gilan Holding’s master class
- 10.11.2017President Ilham Aliyev attends opening of “Grand Qafqaz” trade complex in Ganja
- 07.11.2017Broadcom bids $103 billion for Qualcomm, open to going hostile
- 06.11.2017Tekfen’s portfolio on Azerbaijan makes up $2.1B - ANALYSIS
- 03.11.2017Moratorium on business inspections extended until 2021
- 31.10.2017Moratorium on business inspections extended until 2021
- 27.10.2017Lavrov: Azerbaijani investors actively participate in construction of new factories in Astrakhan
- 25.10.2017Second Baku Shopping Festival shows that first festival reached its goal - Turkish Ambassador
- 19.10.2017EBay reports 8.7 percent rise in quarterly revenue
- 16.10.2017US investments in Azerbaijan near $13 billion
- 16.10.2017US interested in expansion of trade with Azerbaijan – commercial service
- 09.10.2017Azerbaijani president approves Action Plan on prevention of informal employment
- 09.10.2017Baku to host Azerbaijan-GCC business forum
- 09.10.2017President: Socio-political situation and economic development in Azerbaijan set an example for some countries
- 04.10.2017Gilan Holding to participate in 11th Azerbaijan International Career Exhibition
- 28.09.2017Azerbaijani president allocates AZN 1M for organization of Baku Shopping Festival
- 28.09.2017Azerbaijan imposes new punishments for earning incomes from illegal business
- 15.09.2017Azerbaijan creating Credit Guarantee Fund
- 02.09.2017President Ilham Aliyev views Astara Chay LLC’s tea plantation in Lankaran
- 02.09.2017President Ilham Aliyev views “Yashil Chay” plantation in Lankaran
- 03.08.2017Azerbaijani president views rose oil plant in Zagatala
- 21.07.2017President: Lack of fish market in Baku is shortcoming
- 21.07.2017Turkish–Azerbaijani relations take centre-stage
- 01.07.2017Oil rises for seventh session, U.S. stocks rebound
- 27.06.2017Azerbaijan-Poland business forum held in Warsaw
- 23.06.2017President: Azerbaijan’s export increased more than 40%
- 22.06.2017Baku to host 5th CEO Lunch
- 19.06.2017Retail trade turnover increases 2% in Azerbaijan
- 26.04.2017Ambassador: Turkish businessmen’s investments in Azerbaijan exceed $9M
- 20.04.2017Russia’s richest Azerbaijani businessmen earn $5B, lose $300M
- 13.06.201784 died, 165 injured at work in 2016
- 13.06.2017Ministry: Over 6,800 foreigners did not obtain work permit last year
- 19.06.2017Trade turnover between Azerbaijan and Georgia increases 45%
- 15.05.2017SCC releases statement on reports regarding import of Armenian products to Azerbaijan
- 10.05.2017UK company illegally operating in Nagorno Karabakh warned
- 26.04.2017Azerbaijani companies deny participating in Yalta economic forum