Gilan Holding doubles export of agricultural products
The exhibitions are being attended by 331 copmanies from 28 countries, of which 70% are foreign exponents, 30% - local participants.
Several companies under Gilan Holding are exhibiting their products in the CaspianAgro exhibition.
Gilan FMCG’s participation in the exhibition aims to extend export opportunities and establish new business relations with potential foreign clients.
Sanan Orujov, Head of Product Management at Gilan FMCG, which basically engages in production and sale of consumer goods and exports to more than 20 countries, said that these countries include US, Canada, China, Gulf, European, CIS countries, as well as Australia and New Zeeland.
“Our main goal is to gain strength in these countries and find new markets. We mainly export soft drinks, canned and chips products to foreign markets. Moreover, we mainly use technologies in our plants during the production. We have two goals: to play role in meeting domestic demand by local production and increase export potential to bring more currency to the country”, he said.
Orujov added that despitethe economic difficulties in the world, the company’s indicators about production are good.
Gilan Agrotech is also participating in the exhibition with wide range of products.
Sales Coordinator at Gilan Agricultural Group Rashad Majidov said the exhibition is very suitable for establishment of business relations and extension of cooperation: “By participating in the exhibition we aim to expand cooperation. Currently, we export our products to 12 foreign countries. We want to double export potential within a short-run. According to our calculations, this is a real target. Because the cotton-growing is expected to develop this year. We increased the sowing are more than twofold. We plan to extend in hazelnut growing. As we know, hazelnut and cotton are main exportable strategic products. We intend to gain strength in Gulf countries via these products. Along with this, we also plan to extend existing channels in CIS countries. Moreover, we are negotiating with several purchasers in the UK. So, we aim to sell our products to Eu and UK. We want to achieve it through intensive method – increase opf productivity. We have been increasing quality of agro technical service since last year. I’d like to note gardening, because we are expecting serious progress through this field”.
- 15.03.2018Number and salary of workers in economy announced
- 15.03.2018Google bans cryptocurrency advertising, bitcoin price slumps
- 13.03.2018Minister: Iran to lease private hospital in Azerbaijan
- 12.03.2018Azerbaijan to host international food industry exhibition
- 12.03.2018Registration for CEO Lunch Baku ongoing
- 09.03.2018Azerbaijani Central Bank announces manat's average rate
- 01.03.2018Activity directions of Agency for Development of Small and Medium-Sized Enterprises of Azerbaijan announced - INTERVIEW
- 27.02.2018Ilham Aliyev: Our main goal is to increase non-oil export
- 12.02.2018Amazon cutting hundreds of jobs: Seattle Times
- 08.02.2018President Ilham Aliyev receives Senior Executive Vice President of Thales International
- 08.02.2018US crude production hits record, passing Saudi Arabia
- 07.02.2018Company illegally operating in Nagorno Karabakh prevented from participating in exhibition in Russia
- 06.02.2018Azerbaijani president approves amendment to Law on Entrepreneurial activity
- 31.01.2018Fed holds interest rates steady
- 31.01.2018Authority to be created for management of Alat free trade zone
- 22.01.2018Trade turnover between Azerbaijan and Georgia exceeds $880M in 2017
- 18.01.2018Azerbaijan gets 2% rise in consumption market in 2017
- 12.01.2018‘Mover’: No problem in goods delivery to Azerbaijan
- 11.01.2018Azerbaijan increases amount of funds for organizing export missions to foreign countries
- 11.01.2018Azerbaijan will organize purchase missions for foreigners
- 29.12.2017Entrepreneurial activity divided into four subjects in Azerbaijan
- 28.12.2017Agency on Development of Small and Medium Entrepreneurship established under Ministry of Economy
- 27.12.2017Caspian European Club compiles annual investment rating of economic regions of Azerbaijan
- 26.12.2017Azerbaijani billionaires buy one of Russia’s largest sports complexes
- 25.12.2017Excise on import of beers and alcoholic drinks increased in Azerbaijan
- 25.12.2017Excise on tobacco and tobacco products imported to Azerbaijan doubles
- 15.12.2017President: Facilities to put an end to dependence on import are launched in Azerbaijan
- 13.12.2017Azerbaijani businessman sells Cherkizovo at $2B
- 12.12.2017Apple confirmed Monday it has acquired the music discovery app Shazam, APA reports quoting Anadolu Agency.
- 07.12.2017President: 5,000 people illegally working in construction started to work on the basis of labour contracts within a few months
- 07.12.2017Azerkhalcha OJSC opens branch in Guba
- 04.12.2017Ministry: Fares paid by clients for taxi services are free of VAT
- 30.11.2017US Ambassador to Become Honorary Guest of CEO Lunch Baku
- 29.11.2017Azerbaijani president receives delegation of CISCO company - UPDATED
- 28.11.2017Azerbaijani president inaugurates bread and flour plant in Agjabadi
- 21.11.2017Telman Ismayilov: I also have something to say
- 21.11.2017More than two hundred HR professionals benefit from Gilan Holding’s master class
- 10.11.2017President Ilham Aliyev attends opening of “Grand Qafqaz” trade complex in Ganja
- 07.11.2017Broadcom bids $103 billion for Qualcomm, open to going hostile
- 06.11.2017Tekfen’s portfolio on Azerbaijan makes up $2.1B - ANALYSIS
- 13.06.201784 died, 165 injured at work in 2016
- 13.06.2017Ministry: Over 6,800 foreigners did not obtain work permit last year
- 19.06.2017Trade turnover between Azerbaijan and Georgia increases 45%
- 15.05.2017SCC releases statement on reports regarding import of Armenian products to Azerbaijan
- 10.05.2017UK company illegally operating in Nagorno Karabakh warned
- 26.04.2017Azerbaijani companies deny participating in Yalta economic forum