Azerbaijani companies deny participating in Yalta economic forum
Some state and private companies of Azerbaijan have denied reports of their participation in the 3rd International Economic Forum held in Crimea’s Yalta city and the initiation of investigative actions against them.
In response to the inquiry of APA-Economics, chairman of the Azerbaijan Banks Association (ABA) Zakir Nuriyev noted that information about the association’s participation in the 3rd International Economic Forum held in Yalta is untrue.
"The Prosecutor General's Office of Azerbaijan sent a request to the association. Representatives of this association did not participate in the 3rd International Economic Forum. In this regard, the association has sent a response to the Prosecutor General's Office," he said.
The International Bank of Azerbaijan also denied information on the participation of its representatives in the Forum.
The bank’s press service told APA-Economics that IBA was not represented in this forum. In its statement, the bank noted that according to the decree of the Azerbaijani president, the IBA is currently focused on improving the bank and that participation in such forums was not planned.
Azersun Holding spokesperson Afiq Safarov told APA-Economics that company representatives did not participate in the Yalta economic forum.
“This is misinformation. Ukraine’s prosecutor’s office has not opened any criminal case against us for not participating in the forum,” said Safarov.
Azerkosmos OJSC also told APA-Economics that its representatives did not participate in the Yalta economic forum.
“This information does not reflect the reality. No representative of Azerkosmos OJSC participated in the 3rd International Economic Forum,” said the statement.
SOCAR press secretary Nizameddin Guliyev also told APA-Economics that the company’s representatives did not participate in the forum.
Ministry of Economy press secretary Abbas Aliyev told APA-Economics that Azerbaijan’s trade representative in Russia did not participate in the forum.
Earlier some media outlets reported that upon the request of Ukraine’s Security Service, the country’s Prosecutor General’s Office launched investigative actions against participants of the 3rd International Economic Forum in Yalta city of the Crimean region, annexed by Russia.
Forum participants are accused of grossly violating the rules of entry into Ukraine’s occupied territories.
Among the participants were delegates from 17 large state and private companies of Azerbaijan.
Related news releases
- 12.02.2018Amazon cutting hundreds of jobs: Seattle Times
- 08.02.2018President Ilham Aliyev receives Senior Executive Vice President of Thales International
- 08.02.2018US crude production hits record, passing Saudi Arabia
- 07.02.2018Company illegally operating in Nagorno Karabakh prevented from participating in exhibition in Russia
- 06.02.2018Azerbaijani president approves amendment to Law on Entrepreneurial activity
- 31.01.2018Fed holds interest rates steady
- 31.01.2018Authority to be created for management of Alat free trade zone
- 22.01.2018Trade turnover between Azerbaijan and Georgia exceeds $880M in 2017
- 18.01.2018Azerbaijan gets 2% rise in consumption market in 2017
- 12.01.2018‘Mover’: No problem in goods delivery to Azerbaijan
- 11.01.2018Azerbaijan increases amount of funds for organizing export missions to foreign countries
- 11.01.2018Azerbaijan will organize purchase missions for foreigners
- 29.12.2017Entrepreneurial activity divided into four subjects in Azerbaijan
- 28.12.2017Agency on Development of Small and Medium Entrepreneurship established under Ministry of Economy
- 27.12.2017Caspian European Club compiles annual investment rating of economic regions of Azerbaijan
- 26.12.2017Azerbaijani billionaires buy one of Russia’s largest sports complexes
- 25.12.2017Excise on import of beers and alcoholic drinks increased in Azerbaijan
- 25.12.2017Excise on tobacco and tobacco products imported to Azerbaijan doubles
- 15.12.2017President: Facilities to put an end to dependence on import are launched in Azerbaijan
- 13.12.2017Azerbaijani businessman sells Cherkizovo at $2B
- 12.12.2017Apple confirmed Monday it has acquired the music discovery app Shazam, APA reports quoting Anadolu Agency.
- 07.12.2017President: 5,000 people illegally working in construction started to work on the basis of labour contracts within a few months
- 07.12.2017Azerkhalcha OJSC opens branch in Guba
- 04.12.2017Ministry: Fares paid by clients for taxi services are free of VAT
- 30.11.2017US Ambassador to Become Honorary Guest of CEO Lunch Baku
- 29.11.2017Azerbaijani president receives delegation of CISCO company - UPDATED
- 28.11.2017Azerbaijani president inaugurates bread and flour plant in Agjabadi
- 21.11.2017Telman Ismayilov: I also have something to say
- 21.11.2017More than two hundred HR professionals benefit from Gilan Holding’s master class
- 10.11.2017President Ilham Aliyev attends opening of “Grand Qafqaz” trade complex in Ganja
- 07.11.2017Broadcom bids $103 billion for Qualcomm, open to going hostile
- 06.11.2017Tekfen’s portfolio on Azerbaijan makes up $2.1B - ANALYSIS
- 03.11.2017Moratorium on business inspections extended until 2021
- 31.10.2017Moratorium on business inspections extended until 2021
- 27.10.2017Lavrov: Azerbaijani investors actively participate in construction of new factories in Astrakhan
- 25.10.2017Second Baku Shopping Festival shows that first festival reached its goal - Turkish Ambassador
- 19.10.2017EBay reports 8.7 percent rise in quarterly revenue
- 16.10.2017US investments in Azerbaijan near $13 billion
- 16.10.2017US interested in expansion of trade with Azerbaijan – commercial service
- 09.10.2017Azerbaijani president approves Action Plan on prevention of informal employment
- 10.05.2017UK company illegally operating in Nagorno Karabakh warned
- 15.05.2017SCC releases statement on reports regarding import of Armenian products to Azerbaijan
- 17.05.2017Gilan Holding doubles export of agricultural products
- 26.04.2017Ambassador: Turkish businessmen’s investments in Azerbaijan exceed $9M
- 20.04.2017Russia’s richest Azerbaijani businessmen earn $5B, lose $300M
- 18.04.2017Minister: The volume of non-oil exports is not at the desired level