Seoul hosts opening of Azerbaijan Film Festival - PHOTOSESSION
Korea Foundation Vice-President Kim Gwang-keun delivered a speech at the opening, which took place at Mirospase movie theatre. He delivered special thanks to Azerbaijani guests, speaking of close cooperation with SEBA (Seoul-Baku) Azerbaijan-Korean Cultural Exchange Association Public Union. The vice-president said the Korea Film Festival had been held successfully in Azerbaijan.
Later, SEBA President Ruhangiz Heydarova’s congratulatory letter to the “Azerbaijan Film Festival was read out by Irina Zeynalova, the association’s vice-president. The letters notes that SEBA, which has been operating since 2004, is the only NGO representing and promoting Korea in Azerbaijan and that its core goal is to contribute to constantly developing Azerbaijan-Korea cultural ties. Days of culture and film, exhibitions and concerts, etc. organized by SEBA play a key role in the strengthening of cultural relations between our countries and peoples. The “Azerbaijan Film Festival” in Seoul is yet another excellent example in this respect.
The letter also mentions the “Korea Film Days” organized by the Azerbaijan Cultural Foundation, SEBA Association and the Korean embassy in Azerbaijan in 2005 and that in 2015 the Korea Film Festival took place. It says a total of 14 Korean films were screened in Azerbaijan as part of these events, which allowed thousands of viewers to get an insight into Korean cinematography as well as Korean history, culture, traditions, etc. Ruhangiz Heydarova also expresses hope that the festival would be a new stage in the history of our cultural ties.
Later on, renowned actor, people’s artist Rasim Balayev made a speech, speaking of the festival’s importance, expressing his desire to produce a joint Azerbaijani-Korean film in future. Producer Ilqar Najaf thanked the festival participants, stressing the role of such festivals in the development of cinematography.
The “Muta” film by Ilqar Najafli was displayed at the festival.
A total of six Azerbaijani films, including “Buta” – “Arşın mal alan” (producers Rza Tahmasib, Nikolay Leshenko), “Axınla aşağı” (producer Asif Rustamov), “Dərvişin qeydləri” (producer Eldar Quliyev), “Aktrisa” (producer Rovshan Isakh), “Girov” (producer Eldar Quliyev) – will be displayed for Korean viewers.
Note that, the guests on the first day of the festival were given discs of the “Yarasa” film by producer Ayaz Salayev.
Jahangir Mammadov, head of the cinematography department of the Ministry of Culture and Tourism, and Honored Art Worker Ayaz Salayev also attended the opening.
Organized by the Azerbaijan Cultural Foundation, SEBA Association and the Korean Foundation, and supported by the Ministry of Culture and Tourism and the Azerbaijani Embassy in Korea, the festival will come to an end on October 18.
- 19.02.2018Arif Aziz celebrated through fashion prism of Leonie Mergen during London Fashion Week
- 26.01.2018Azerbaijani parliament to discuss bill on preservation and development of mugham
- 10.01.2018Vakhtang Kikabidze's concert was held at the "Veselo" festival in Gabala
- 25.12.2017President Ilham Aliyev presents "Istiglal" Order to People's Artist Farhad Badalbayli
- 20.12.2017U.S. Embassy sponsors “Of Mice and Men” performance by ASA Theater
- 13.12.2017‘Switzerland and its nature’ painting exhibition opens in Baku
- 25.11.2017A concert held in London dedicated to the 100th anniversary of Covadat Hajiyev
- 06.11.2017Jazzman Isfar Sarabski raises the roof in Reims
- 28.10.2017Azerbaijani President awards Rauf Abdullayev with order
- 11.10.2017Azerbaijani defense minister leaves for Tajikistan
- 15.09.2017Ashug Adalat laid to rest
- 14.09.2017Famous Azerbaijani ashug dies
- 11.09.2017“Modernism and Fashion” exhibition of Alexandre Vassiliev’s collection to open at Heydar Aliyev Center
- 09.09.2017Baku hosting 2nd Indonesian Cultural Festival
- 05.09.2017Karabakh-Collection designer Leonie Mergen featured in British Vogue
- 05.09.2017Top Indian band ‘Indian Ocean’ to present concerts in Azerbaijan
- 28.08.2017Ministry: No request received for organization of Googoosh concert in Azerbaijan
- 21.08.2017The Silk Road – and the spirit of Azerbaijan – combines with Monet’s inspirational environment
- 02.08.2017Jeanne Gendelman: Famous musicians performing in Gabala, onlookers enjoying festive atmosphere
- 17.07.2017Sculptor Tokay Mammadov awarded honorary diploma of Azerbaijani president
- 11.07.2017“Pomegranate Orchard” film nominated for Asia Pacific Screen Awards
- 31.05.2017Armenia breaks ceasefire with Azerbaijan 120 times in 24 hours
- 22.05.2017Shahin Novrasli – presented by the legendary Ahmad Jamal in Paris
- 05.05.2017Carpet stolen by Armenians from Karabakh, taken to US to be exhibited in Baku
- 09.03.2017European premiere of “Ali and Nino” held in Brussels
- 23.02.2017Not Frozen, Never Forgotten – the plight of Azerbaijani IDPs highlighted in Brussels
- 30.01.2017Film scripted by APA Holding employee invited to int’l film festival
- 28.12.2016Famous Azerbaijani singer Zeynab Khanlarova turns 80 today
- 26.12.2016Azerbaijani People’s artist Aghakhan Abdullayev laid to rest
- 26.12.2016First Lady Mehriban Aliyeva attends farewell ceremony for People’s Artist Aghakhan Abdullayev
- 22.12.2016Azerbaijani people’s artist Mukhtar Maniyev passes away
- 14.12.2016Great cultural, literary figures Azerbaijan and the world lost in 2016 - LIST
- 12.12.2016Honored artist of Azerbaijan Ismayil Mammadov dies
- 27.10.2016Baku to host European film festival
- 26.10.2016‘Ali and Nino’ premieres in Los Angeles to great acclaim
- 24.10.2016Jeffrey Werbock: Had I not known Azerbaijan, I would have been living ordinary life - INTERVIEW
- 21.10.2016“Sayat Nova is Azerbaijani, not Armenian; he is Seyat Neva”
- 06.10.2016Mehriban Aliyeva attends premiere of "Ali and Nino"
- 14.09.2016Pope Francis thanks Azerbaijani sculptor for making his bust
- 09.09.2016Endless corridor movie to be shown in Al Jazeera TV
- 18.11.2015Azerbaijani artist receives Mozart medal
- 20.11.2015Honored artist of Azerbaijan to open exhibition in New York
- 24.11.2015Turkish Film is winner of this year's LUX Film Prize
- 19.09.2015Uzeyir Hajibeyli’s contributions recognized at U.S. Congress
- 17.09.2015Postage stamps dedicated to Azerbaijani composer Uzeyir Hajibeyli and singer Rashid Behbudov issued in U.S.
- 03.09.2015September 18 proclaimed "Uzeyir Hajibeyli Memorial Day" in Santa Monica City of California