Pascal Contet and Travelling Quartet to perform at Heydar Aliyev Center
Baku – APA. On May 05, a renowned French accordion player Pascal Contet is to perform at the Heydar Aliyev Center accompanied by the Travelling Quartet group. The concert styled Influences Latines will feature some really popular tango tunes in a brand new arrangement and interpretation, the Center told APA.
A noteworthy detail is that this repertoire was presented in France, Brazil and Finland so far. To come up with this new program, the musicians worked in close junction with France-based Argentine composers with a view to presenting traditional tango tunes in a new arrangement. This resulted in an interesting blend of traditional music and modern style.
A recognized virtuoso, Pascal Contet has been one of France’s leading figure in developing new genres of modern music for over 20 years. Author of more than 300 pieces, he happened to work with some true celebrities like Luciano Berio, Bernard Cavanna, Joshua Feinberg, Jean Françaix, Bruno Mantovani and Martin Matalon. He is a winner of a number of international awards.
Members of the Travelling Quartet - Anne Gravoin, Mathilde Sternat, David Braccini, and Vincent Pasquier have already won the sympathy of the audience with their performances.
Violinist Anne Gravoin is a laureate of the Conservatoire de Paris. In 1986, she composed Sans Tambour ni Trompette along with Véronique Fiszman. For more than 25 years, Anne Gravoin is actively involved in concerts with leading symphony orchestras and smaller chamber groups.
Cellist Mathilde Sternat was decorated with chamber and cello music first prize by the National Music Conservatoire of Paris. Accompanying some of the world’s leading musicians, M.Sternat is involved in releasing albums, writing musical pieces for theatre productions and arranging for string quartets.
Violinist David Braccini had been travelling the world extensively as a member of the European Union Chamber Orchestra in 1996-2000, as well as performing with a variety of string ensembles. Along with solo performances, he has been also recognized as the Music Director of the Classik Ensemble and the member of the Orchestre de Paris.
Finally, double bass player Vincent Pasquier is another soloist of the Orchestre de Paris, also recognized as a composer. He was awarded double bass first prize by the National Music Conservatoire of Paris. He has played recitals and «Masters Classes» in Finland, The Netherlands, Norway, Spain, Italy, North Korea, the United States and France.
Related news releases
- 17.05.2018Baku hosts photo exhibition of American photographer Edward Curtis
- 05.05.2018People’s Artist of Azerbaijan Fuad Poladov passes away
- 04.05.2018Roman Polanski and Bill Cosby expelled from film Academy
- 02.05.2018People’s artist Tokay Mammadov dies aged 91
- 26.03.2018“Layla and Majnun”: An Azerbaijani dance opera for the ages
- 16.03.2018Baku Media Center starts shooting for film dedicated to 100th anniversary of Azerbaijan Democratic Republic
- 14.03.2018Armenia launches military drills in occupied Azerbaijani territories
- 06.03.2018Azerbaijan to mark Hasan Turabov’s 80th jubilee
- 05.03.2018Oscar winners 2018: The list
- 19.02.2018Arif Aziz celebrated through fashion prism of Leonie Mergen during London Fashion Week
- 26.01.2018Azerbaijani parliament to discuss bill on preservation and development of mugham
- 10.01.2018Vakhtang Kikabidze's concert was held at the "Veselo" festival in Gabala
- 25.12.2017President Ilham Aliyev presents "Istiglal" Order to People's Artist Farhad Badalbayli
- 20.12.2017U.S. Embassy sponsors “Of Mice and Men” performance by ASA Theater
- 13.12.2017‘Switzerland and its nature’ painting exhibition opens in Baku
- 25.11.2017A concert held in London dedicated to the 100th anniversary of Covadat Hajiyev
- 06.11.2017Jazzman Isfar Sarabski raises the roof in Reims
- 28.10.2017Azerbaijani President awards Rauf Abdullayev with order
- 11.10.2017Azerbaijani defense minister leaves for Tajikistan
- 15.09.2017Ashug Adalat laid to rest
- 14.09.2017Famous Azerbaijani ashug dies
- 11.09.2017“Modernism and Fashion” exhibition of Alexandre Vassiliev’s collection to open at Heydar Aliyev Center
- 09.09.2017Baku hosting 2nd Indonesian Cultural Festival
- 05.09.2017Karabakh-Collection designer Leonie Mergen featured in British Vogue
- 05.09.2017Top Indian band ‘Indian Ocean’ to present concerts in Azerbaijan
- 28.08.2017Ministry: No request received for organization of Googoosh concert in Azerbaijan
- 21.08.2017The Silk Road – and the spirit of Azerbaijan – combines with Monet’s inspirational environment
- 02.08.2017Jeanne Gendelman: Famous musicians performing in Gabala, onlookers enjoying festive atmosphere
- 17.07.2017Sculptor Tokay Mammadov awarded honorary diploma of Azerbaijani president
- 11.07.2017“Pomegranate Orchard” film nominated for Asia Pacific Screen Awards
- 31.05.2017Armenia breaks ceasefire with Azerbaijan 120 times in 24 hours
- 22.05.2017Shahin Novrasli – presented by the legendary Ahmad Jamal in Paris
- 05.05.2017Carpet stolen by Armenians from Karabakh, taken to US to be exhibited in Baku
- 09.03.2017European premiere of “Ali and Nino” held in Brussels
- 23.02.2017Not Frozen, Never Forgotten – the plight of Azerbaijani IDPs highlighted in Brussels
- 30.01.2017Film scripted by APA Holding employee invited to int’l film festival
- 28.12.2016Famous Azerbaijani singer Zeynab Khanlarova turns 80 today
- 26.12.2016Azerbaijani People’s artist Aghakhan Abdullayev laid to rest
- 26.12.2016First Lady Mehriban Aliyeva attends farewell ceremony for People’s Artist Aghakhan Abdullayev
- 22.12.2016Azerbaijani people’s artist Mukhtar Maniyev passes away
- 27.04.2016Films on Azerbaijan produced in Los Angeles
- 18.05.2016Vital role of Azerbaijani oil in WWII victory highlighted in Los Angeles
- 09.06.2016Heydar Aliyev Center to host George Condo’s exhibition
- 07.03.2016Vidadi Muradov awarded Shohrat Order
- 04.03.2016Statue of Maestro Niyazi to be raised in Baku
- 29.02.2016Exhibition titled ‘Shah Ismail I – commander and king’ to be held in Azerbaijan