First Lady Mehriban Aliyeva attends farewell ceremony for People’s Artist Aghakhan Abdullayev
The farewell ceremony for Azerbaijani People’s artist Aghakhan Abdullayev took place in the Cultural Palace named after Sattar Bahlulzade in Surakhani district, Baku on Dec. 26.
President of the Heydar Aliyev Foundation, MP Mehriban Aliyeva, Minister of Culture and Tourism Abulfas Garayev, people’s artists Arib Babayev, Alim Gasimov and rector of the Azerbaijan National Conservatory Siyavush Karimi participated in the ceremony.
Minister of Culture and Tourism Abulfas Garayev spoke about the life and work of Aghakhan Abdullayev, noting the people’s artist exceptional contribution to the history of Azerbaijani music.
People’s artists Arif Babayev, Alim Gasimov, and rector of the Azerbaijan National Conservatory Siyavush Karimi shared their memories of the late singer and offered their condolences to the bereaved family.
The people’s artist will be laid to rest in the Turkan rural cemetery.
Aghakhan Abdullayev was born in Baku’s suburub village of Amirjan in 1950. He received education at the Zeynalli Music College from 1969 to 1973. He became a mugham teacher in 1973 at the Abilov Culture House in Baku, and also worked as a teacher at the Zeynally Music College in 1977.
His concert career started in 1975 on the stage of Azerbaijan State Philharmonic Hall. He performed concerts in several countries of the world, including Kazakhstan, Georgia, Uzbekistan, the US, Germany, the Netherlands, Belgium, France, Australia, India, Iraq, Tunisia, Turkey, Iran, Canada, Russia, Austria, Sweden, and other countries.
In 1992, he was awarded the title of Honored Artist of Azerbaijan, and in 1998 designated People's Artist of Azerbaijan. In 2000, he was awarded an Honorary Diploma by the Ministry of Education of Azerbaijan for his pedagogical activity. In May 2015, he was awarded the "Gizil Chinar" international award by the Heydar Aliyev Foundation.
- 02.08.2017Jeanne Gendelman: Famous musicians performing in Gabala, onlookers enjoying festive atmosphere
- 17.07.2017Sculptor Tokay Mammadov awarded honorary diploma of Azerbaijani president
- 11.07.2017“Pomegranate Orchard” film nominated for Asia Pacific Screen Awards
- 31.05.2017Armenia breaks ceasefire with Azerbaijan 120 times in 24 hours
- 22.05.2017Shahin Novrasli – presented by the legendary Ahmad Jamal in Paris
- 05.05.2017Carpet stolen by Armenians from Karabakh, taken to US to be exhibited in Baku
- 09.03.2017European premiere of “Ali and Nino” held in Brussels
- 23.02.2017Not Frozen, Never Forgotten – the plight of Azerbaijani IDPs highlighted in Brussels
- 27.10.2016Baku to host European film festival
- 26.10.2016‘Ali and Nino’ premieres in Los Angeles to great acclaim
- 24.10.2016Jeffrey Werbock: Had I not known Azerbaijan, I would have been living ordinary life - INTERVIEW
- 21.10.2016“Sayat Nova is Azerbaijani, not Armenian; he is Seyat Neva”
- 06.10.2016Mehriban Aliyeva attends premiere of "Ali and Nino"
- 14.09.2016Pope Francis thanks Azerbaijani sculptor for making his bust
- 09.09.2016Endless corridor movie to be shown in Al Jazeera TV
- 31.08.2016Azerbaijani composer Ogtay Zulfugarov dies aged 88
- 25.08.2016Azerbaijani composer to give concert in Paris
- 19.08.2016French magazine publishes articles on Azerbaijani jazz
- 26.07.2016Azerbaijani classical music discussed in Los Angeles
- 20.07.2016Azerbaijani spirit comes to two leading London jazz clubs
- 30.06.2016Baku hosts photo exhibition depicting life of national minorities
- 17.06.2016Exhibition of famous artist George Condo opens at Heydar Aliyev Center
- 09.06.2016Heydar Aliyev Center to host George Condo’s exhibition
- 18.05.2016Vital role of Azerbaijani oil in WWII victory highlighted in Los Angeles
- 27.04.2016Films on Azerbaijan produced in Los Angeles
- 12.04.2016Pascal Contet and Travelling Quartet to perform at Heydar Aliyev Center
- 07.03.2016Vidadi Muradov awarded Shohrat Order
- 04.03.2016Statue of Maestro Niyazi to be raised in Baku
- 29.02.2016Exhibition titled ‘Shah Ismail I – commander and king’ to be held in Azerbaijan
- 25.02.2016Azerbaijani people's artist Ilhama Guliyeva dies
- 18.02.2016Play “Red Angel in Khojaly” on Khojaly genocide to be premiered in Baku
- 08.02.2016World premiere of Firangiz Alizadeh’s work held in San Francisco
- 04.02.2016Khojaly massacre documentary ‘Endless Corridor’ wins Humanitarian Award from Global Film Awards
- 04.02.2016Pierre Richard: When people ask me about Baku, my thoughts always go back to friendly people I met there
- 29.01.2016US hosts premiere of film "Ali and Nino"
- 06.01.2016New director of Azerbaijan Academic National Drama Theatre named
- 09.12.2015Endless Corridor film to be broadcast on Eurochannel
- 24.11.2015Turkish Film is winner of this year's LUX Film Prize
- 20.11.2015Honored artist of Azerbaijan to open exhibition in New York
- 18.11.2015Azerbaijani artist receives Mozart medal
- 26.12.2016Azerbaijani People’s artist Aghakhan Abdullayev laid to rest
- 28.12.2016Famous Azerbaijani singer Zeynab Khanlarova turns 80 today
- 30.01.2017Film scripted by APA Holding employee invited to int’l film festival
- 22.12.2016Azerbaijani people’s artist Mukhtar Maniyev passes away
- 14.12.2016Great cultural, literary figures Azerbaijan and the world lost in 2016 - LIST
- 12.12.2016Honored artist of Azerbaijan Ismayil Mammadov dies