Famous Azerbaijani singer Zeynab Khanlarova turns 80 today
December 28 is the birthday of People’s Artist of USSR and Azerbaijan, outstanding singer Zeynab Khanlarova.
Zeynab Khanlarova was born in Baku on December 28, 1936.
In 1956, Khanlarova graduated from Baku Pedagogical School named after M.A.Sabir. In 1961, she graduated from Baku Musical School named after Asaf Zeynalli (S.I.Shushinski’s class) and became a soloist of the Azerbaijan State Academic Opera and Ballet Theater.
Khanlarova played Leyli’s part in “Leyli and Majnun” opera, Asli’s part in “Asli and Karam” opera of Uzeyir Hajibeyov. Besides that, Khanlarova successfully performed Azerbaijani musical style – mugham. Her voice can be heard in such mugham compositions as “Shahnaz”, “Gatar”, “Bayati Shiraz” and in many others. Zeynab Khanlarova achieved a great success in estrada genre of music. Khanlarova’s repertoire includes songs of such composers as Tofig Guliyev, Arif Malikov, Alekper Taghiyev, Emin Sabitoglu, Gara Garayev, Fikret Amirov and many other famous composers.
Zeynab Khanlarova has been an artist of Azerbaijan Radio and Television Committee since 1958, prima soloist of the Azerbaijan State Academic Opera and Ballet Theater since 1961. She is the laureate of Azerbaijan SSR’s State Prize, All-Union Prize of “Gold Disk”. She is honorable citizen of Algeria and Uzbekistan. She was awarded with the title of honorary artist of Azerbaijan SSR in 1967, popular artists of Azerbaijan SSR in 1975, popular artists of USSR in 1980.
She was awarded with Order of Istiqlal (Independence), Order of “Shohrat” (Glory) and Heydar Aliyev Order. Zeynab Khanlarova was the deputy of Supreme Soviet of Azerbaijan SSR (XI-XII convocations).
She was elected as member of the Azerbaijani Parliament in several convocations and reelected in 2015.
Related news releases
- 14.12.2016Great cultural, literary figures Azerbaijan and the world lost in 2016 - LIST
- 12.12.2016Honored artist of Azerbaijan Ismayil Mammadov dies
- 27.10.2016Baku to host European film festival
- 26.10.2016‘Ali and Nino’ premieres in Los Angeles to great acclaim
- 24.10.2016Jeffrey Werbock: Had I not known Azerbaijan, I would have been living ordinary life - INTERVIEW
- 21.10.2016“Sayat Nova is Azerbaijani, not Armenian; he is Seyat Neva”
- 06.10.2016Mehriban Aliyeva attends premiere of "Ali and Nino"
- 14.09.2016Pope Francis thanks Azerbaijani sculptor for making his bust
- 09.09.2016Endless corridor movie to be shown in Al Jazeera TV
- 31.08.2016Azerbaijani composer Ogtay Zulfugarov dies aged 88
- 25.08.2016Azerbaijani composer to give concert in Paris
- 19.08.2016French magazine publishes articles on Azerbaijani jazz
- 26.07.2016Azerbaijani classical music discussed in Los Angeles
- 20.07.2016Azerbaijani spirit comes to two leading London jazz clubs
- 30.06.2016Baku hosts photo exhibition depicting life of national minorities
- 17.06.2016Exhibition of famous artist George Condo opens at Heydar Aliyev Center
- 09.06.2016Heydar Aliyev Center to host George Condo’s exhibition
- 18.05.2016Vital role of Azerbaijani oil in WWII victory highlighted in Los Angeles
- 27.04.2016Films on Azerbaijan produced in Los Angeles
- 12.04.2016Pascal Contet and Travelling Quartet to perform at Heydar Aliyev Center
- 07.03.2016Vidadi Muradov awarded Shohrat Order
- 04.03.2016Statue of Maestro Niyazi to be raised in Baku
- 29.02.2016Exhibition titled ‘Shah Ismail I – commander and king’ to be held in Azerbaijan
- 25.02.2016Azerbaijani people's artist Ilhama Guliyeva dies
- 18.02.2016Play “Red Angel in Khojaly” on Khojaly genocide to be premiered in Baku
- 08.02.2016World premiere of Firangiz Alizadeh’s work held in San Francisco
- 04.02.2016Khojaly massacre documentary ‘Endless Corridor’ wins Humanitarian Award from Global Film Awards
- 04.02.2016Pierre Richard: When people ask me about Baku, my thoughts always go back to friendly people I met there
- 29.01.2016US hosts premiere of film "Ali and Nino"
- 06.01.2016New director of Azerbaijan Academic National Drama Theatre named
- 09.12.2015Endless Corridor film to be broadcast on Eurochannel
- 24.11.2015Turkish Film is winner of this year's LUX Film Prize
- 20.11.2015Honored artist of Azerbaijan to open exhibition in New York
- 18.11.2015Azerbaijani artist receives Mozart medal
- 17.10.2015Seoul hosts opening of Azerbaijan Film Festival - PHOTOSESSION
- 19.09.2015Uzeyir Hajibeyli’s contributions recognized at U.S. Congress
- 17.09.2015Postage stamps dedicated to Azerbaijani composer Uzeyir Hajibeyli and singer Rashid Behbudov issued in U.S.
- 03.09.2015September 18 proclaimed "Uzeyir Hajibeyli Memorial Day" in Santa Monica City of California
- 28.08.2015Legendary Azerbaijani Musical Comedy Film ‘Arşın Mal Alan’ to premier in Hollywood
- 17.08.2015People's Artist Habil Aliyev’s health condition improved
- 30.01.2017Film scripted by APA Holding employee invited to int’l film festival
- 23.02.2017Not Frozen, Never Forgotten – the plight of Azerbaijani IDPs highlighted in Brussels
- 09.03.2017European premiere of “Ali and Nino” held in Brussels
- 26.12.2016Azerbaijani People’s artist Aghakhan Abdullayev laid to rest
- 26.12.2016First Lady Mehriban Aliyeva attends farewell ceremony for People’s Artist Aghakhan Abdullayev
- 22.12.2016Azerbaijani people’s artist Mukhtar Maniyev passes away