Endless corridor movie to be shown in Al Jazeera TV
Baku – APA. "Endless corridor" movie will be shown in "Al Jazeera" TV on September 10, at 11:00 in Baku. Screening of the film will be organized by The European Azerbaijan Society (TEAS), as part of the "Justice for Khojaly" campaign initiated by Vice-president of the Heydar Aliyev Foundation Leyla Aliyeva.
According to "teas.eu", Endless Corridor, Lithuanian director Aleksandras Brokas' film about the Khojaly Massacre, is attracting more recognition on the international festival circuit. Following its Best of Show Award in the US-based Accolade Global Film Competition, the film has picked up two more prestigious awards.
On 10 July, the Tenerife International Film Festival in Madrid declared Endless Corridor to be the Best Documentary, and Aleksandras Brokas as the Best Director of a Documentary.
Endless Corridor follows two journalists, Lithuanian Richard Lapaitis and Russian Victoria Ivleva, on their return to Azerbaijan 20 years after covering the horrific Khojaly Massacre during the Armenian–Azerbaijani conflict over Nagorno-Karabakh. They journey to find the survivors they had first met in the aftermath of the Armenian attack. The accounts of both victims and perpetrators tell a dramatic story of the humanity and inhumanity of events in western Azerbaijan on 26 February 1992.
The film is narrated by Jeremy Irons, the Oscar-winning British actor, and the Emmy-winning American producer Gerald Rafshoon was the Executive Producer.
The film was presented in Istanbul, Ankara, Rome, Vilnius, London, Paris, Dublin, Berlin, Bern and Luxembourg in February as part of the Justice for Khojaly campaign, organized by Leyla Aliyeva, Vice-President of the Heydar Aliyev Foundation.
With further festivals to come, Endless Corridor is also attracting international attention from leading TV channels.
Related news releases
- 09.03.2017European premiere of “Ali and Nino” held in Brussels
- 23.02.2017Not Frozen, Never Forgotten – the plight of Azerbaijani IDPs highlighted in Brussels
- 30.01.2017Film scripted by APA Holding employee invited to int’l film festival
- 28.12.2016Famous Azerbaijani singer Zeynab Khanlarova turns 80 today
- 26.12.2016Azerbaijani People’s artist Aghakhan Abdullayev laid to rest
- 26.12.2016First Lady Mehriban Aliyeva attends farewell ceremony for People’s Artist Aghakhan Abdullayev
- 22.12.2016Azerbaijani people’s artist Mukhtar Maniyev passes away
- 14.12.2016Great cultural, literary figures Azerbaijan and the world lost in 2016 - LIST
- 12.12.2016Honored artist of Azerbaijan Ismayil Mammadov dies
- 27.10.2016Baku to host European film festival
- 26.10.2016‘Ali and Nino’ premieres in Los Angeles to great acclaim
- 24.10.2016Jeffrey Werbock: Had I not known Azerbaijan, I would have been living ordinary life - INTERVIEW
- 26.07.2016Azerbaijani classical music discussed in Los Angeles
- 20.07.2016Azerbaijani spirit comes to two leading London jazz clubs
- 30.06.2016Baku hosts photo exhibition depicting life of national minorities
- 17.06.2016Exhibition of famous artist George Condo opens at Heydar Aliyev Center
- 09.06.2016Heydar Aliyev Center to host George Condo’s exhibition
- 18.05.2016Vital role of Azerbaijani oil in WWII victory highlighted in Los Angeles
- 27.04.2016Films on Azerbaijan produced in Los Angeles
- 12.04.2016Pascal Contet and Travelling Quartet to perform at Heydar Aliyev Center
- 07.03.2016Vidadi Muradov awarded Shohrat Order
- 04.03.2016Statue of Maestro Niyazi to be raised in Baku
- 29.02.2016Exhibition titled ‘Shah Ismail I – commander and king’ to be held in Azerbaijan
- 25.02.2016Azerbaijani people's artist Ilhama Guliyeva dies
- 18.02.2016Play “Red Angel in Khojaly” on Khojaly genocide to be premiered in Baku
- 08.02.2016World premiere of Firangiz Alizadeh’s work held in San Francisco
- 04.02.2016Khojaly massacre documentary ‘Endless Corridor’ wins Humanitarian Award from Global Film Awards
- 04.02.2016Pierre Richard: When people ask me about Baku, my thoughts always go back to friendly people I met there
- 29.01.2016US hosts premiere of film "Ali and Nino"
- 06.01.2016New director of Azerbaijan Academic National Drama Theatre named
- 09.12.2015Endless Corridor film to be broadcast on Eurochannel
- 24.11.2015Turkish Film is winner of this year's LUX Film Prize
- 20.11.2015Honored artist of Azerbaijan to open exhibition in New York
- 18.11.2015Azerbaijani artist receives Mozart medal
- 17.10.2015Seoul hosts opening of Azerbaijan Film Festival - PHOTOSESSION
- 19.09.2015Uzeyir Hajibeyli’s contributions recognized at U.S. Congress
- 17.09.2015Postage stamps dedicated to Azerbaijani composer Uzeyir Hajibeyli and singer Rashid Behbudov issued in U.S.
- 03.09.2015September 18 proclaimed "Uzeyir Hajibeyli Memorial Day" in Santa Monica City of California
- 28.08.2015Legendary Azerbaijani Musical Comedy Film ‘Arşın Mal Alan’ to premier in Hollywood
- 17.08.2015People's Artist Habil Aliyev’s health condition improved
- 14.09.2016Pope Francis thanks Azerbaijani sculptor for making his bust
- 06.10.2016Mehriban Aliyeva attends premiere of "Ali and Nino"
- 21.10.2016“Sayat Nova is Azerbaijani, not Armenian; he is Seyat Neva”
- 31.08.2016Azerbaijani composer Ogtay Zulfugarov dies aged 88
- 25.08.2016Azerbaijani composer to give concert in Paris
- 19.08.2016French magazine publishes articles on Azerbaijani jazz