Endless corridor movie to be shown in Al Jazeera TV
Baku – APA. "Endless corridor" movie will be shown in "Al Jazeera" TV on September 10, at 11:00 in Baku. Screening of the film will be organized by The European Azerbaijan Society (TEAS), as part of the "Justice for Khojaly" campaign initiated by Vice-president of the Heydar Aliyev Foundation Leyla Aliyeva.
According to "teas.eu", Endless Corridor, Lithuanian director Aleksandras Brokas' film about the Khojaly Massacre, is attracting more recognition on the international festival circuit. Following its Best of Show Award in the US-based Accolade Global Film Competition, the film has picked up two more prestigious awards.
On 10 July, the Tenerife International Film Festival in Madrid declared Endless Corridor to be the Best Documentary, and Aleksandras Brokas as the Best Director of a Documentary.
Endless Corridor follows two journalists, Lithuanian Richard Lapaitis and Russian Victoria Ivleva, on their return to Azerbaijan 20 years after covering the horrific Khojaly Massacre during the Armenian–Azerbaijani conflict over Nagorno-Karabakh. They journey to find the survivors they had first met in the aftermath of the Armenian attack. The accounts of both victims and perpetrators tell a dramatic story of the humanity and inhumanity of events in western Azerbaijan on 26 February 1992.
The film is narrated by Jeremy Irons, the Oscar-winning British actor, and the Emmy-winning American producer Gerald Rafshoon was the Executive Producer.
The film was presented in Istanbul, Ankara, Rome, Vilnius, London, Paris, Dublin, Berlin, Bern and Luxembourg in February as part of the Justice for Khojaly campaign, organized by Leyla Aliyeva, Vice-President of the Heydar Aliyev Foundation.
With further festivals to come, Endless Corridor is also attracting international attention from leading TV channels.
Related news releases
- 25.11.2017A concert held in London dedicated to the 100th anniversary of Covadat Hajiyev
- 06.11.2017Jazzman Isfar Sarabski raises the roof in Reims
- 28.10.2017Azerbaijani President awards Rauf Abdullayev with order
- 11.10.2017Azerbaijani defense minister leaves for Tajikistan
- 15.09.2017Ashug Adalat laid to rest
- 14.09.2017Famous Azerbaijani ashug dies
- 11.09.2017“Modernism and Fashion” exhibition of Alexandre Vassiliev’s collection to open at Heydar Aliyev Center
- 09.09.2017Baku hosting 2nd Indonesian Cultural Festival
- 05.09.2017Karabakh-Collection designer Leonie Mergen featured in British Vogue
- 05.09.2017Top Indian band ‘Indian Ocean’ to present concerts in Azerbaijan
- 28.08.2017Ministry: No request received for organization of Googoosh concert in Azerbaijan
- 21.08.2017The Silk Road – and the spirit of Azerbaijan – combines with Monet’s inspirational environment
- 02.08.2017Jeanne Gendelman: Famous musicians performing in Gabala, onlookers enjoying festive atmosphere
- 17.07.2017Sculptor Tokay Mammadov awarded honorary diploma of Azerbaijani president
- 11.07.2017“Pomegranate Orchard” film nominated for Asia Pacific Screen Awards
- 31.05.2017Armenia breaks ceasefire with Azerbaijan 120 times in 24 hours
- 22.05.2017Shahin Novrasli – presented by the legendary Ahmad Jamal in Paris
- 05.05.2017Carpet stolen by Armenians from Karabakh, taken to US to be exhibited in Baku
- 09.03.2017European premiere of “Ali and Nino” held in Brussels
- 23.02.2017Not Frozen, Never Forgotten – the plight of Azerbaijani IDPs highlighted in Brussels
- 30.01.2017Film scripted by APA Holding employee invited to int’l film festival
- 28.12.2016Famous Azerbaijani singer Zeynab Khanlarova turns 80 today
- 26.12.2016Azerbaijani People’s artist Aghakhan Abdullayev laid to rest
- 26.12.2016First Lady Mehriban Aliyeva attends farewell ceremony for People’s Artist Aghakhan Abdullayev
- 22.12.2016Azerbaijani people’s artist Mukhtar Maniyev passes away
- 14.12.2016Great cultural, literary figures Azerbaijan and the world lost in 2016 - LIST
- 12.12.2016Honored artist of Azerbaijan Ismayil Mammadov dies
- 27.10.2016Baku to host European film festival
- 26.10.2016‘Ali and Nino’ premieres in Los Angeles to great acclaim
- 24.10.2016Jeffrey Werbock: Had I not known Azerbaijan, I would have been living ordinary life - INTERVIEW
- 26.07.2016Azerbaijani classical music discussed in Los Angeles
- 20.07.2016Azerbaijani spirit comes to two leading London jazz clubs
- 30.06.2016Baku hosts photo exhibition depicting life of national minorities
- 17.06.2016Exhibition of famous artist George Condo opens at Heydar Aliyev Center
- 09.06.2016Heydar Aliyev Center to host George Condo’s exhibition
- 18.05.2016Vital role of Azerbaijani oil in WWII victory highlighted in Los Angeles
- 27.04.2016Films on Azerbaijan produced in Los Angeles
- 12.04.2016Pascal Contet and Travelling Quartet to perform at Heydar Aliyev Center
- 07.03.2016Vidadi Muradov awarded Shohrat Order
- 04.03.2016Statue of Maestro Niyazi to be raised in Baku
- 14.09.2016Pope Francis thanks Azerbaijani sculptor for making his bust
- 06.10.2016Mehriban Aliyeva attends premiere of "Ali and Nino"
- 21.10.2016“Sayat Nova is Azerbaijani, not Armenian; he is Seyat Neva”
- 31.08.2016Azerbaijani composer Ogtay Zulfugarov dies aged 88
- 25.08.2016Azerbaijani composer to give concert in Paris
- 19.08.2016French magazine publishes articles on Azerbaijani jazz