Carpet stolen by Armenians from Karabakh, taken to US to be exhibited in Baku
The Azerbaijani carpet, stolen by Armenians during the Karabakh war and then taken to the United States, will be exhibited in Baku.
Elshad Tahirov, an Azerbaijani man living in Los Angeles, bought the carpet at an auction and sent it to Vusala Mammadova, an employee of Lent.az information agency operating under APA Holding.
The carpet was on sale under the name “An Ancient Armenian-Karabakh Carpet”. The words “Birthday keepsake from mother” in Cyrillic is written on the carpet.
The carpet was presented to the Carpet Museum, where it will be exhibited under the name “A Karabakh-Los Angeles carpet waiting for its owner”.
It was impossible to find the owner of the carpet although the public was informed about it.
Vidadi Muradov, Chairman of the Board of Azerkhalcha OJSC said that the carpet weaved in the mid 20th century belongs to the Zangilan carpet weaving school.
- 06.11.2017Jazzman Isfar Sarabski raises the roof in Reims
- 28.10.2017Azerbaijani President awards Rauf Abdullayev with order
- 11.10.2017Azerbaijani defense minister leaves for Tajikistan
- 15.09.2017Ashug Adalat laid to rest
- 14.09.2017Famous Azerbaijani ashug dies
- 11.09.2017“Modernism and Fashion” exhibition of Alexandre Vassiliev’s collection to open at Heydar Aliyev Center
- 09.09.2017Baku hosting 2nd Indonesian Cultural Festival
- 05.09.2017Karabakh-Collection designer Leonie Mergen featured in British Vogue
- 05.09.2017Top Indian band ‘Indian Ocean’ to present concerts in Azerbaijan
- 28.08.2017Ministry: No request received for organization of Googoosh concert in Azerbaijan
- 21.08.2017The Silk Road – and the spirit of Azerbaijan – combines with Monet’s inspirational environment
- 02.08.2017Jeanne Gendelman: Famous musicians performing in Gabala, onlookers enjoying festive atmosphere
- 17.07.2017Sculptor Tokay Mammadov awarded honorary diploma of Azerbaijani president
- 28.12.2016Famous Azerbaijani singer Zeynab Khanlarova turns 80 today
- 26.12.2016Azerbaijani People’s artist Aghakhan Abdullayev laid to rest
- 26.12.2016First Lady Mehriban Aliyeva attends farewell ceremony for People’s Artist Aghakhan Abdullayev
- 22.12.2016Azerbaijani people’s artist Mukhtar Maniyev passes away
- 14.12.2016Great cultural, literary figures Azerbaijan and the world lost in 2016 - LIST
- 12.12.2016Honored artist of Azerbaijan Ismayil Mammadov dies
- 27.10.2016Baku to host European film festival
- 26.10.2016‘Ali and Nino’ premieres in Los Angeles to great acclaim
- 24.10.2016Jeffrey Werbock: Had I not known Azerbaijan, I would have been living ordinary life - INTERVIEW
- 21.10.2016“Sayat Nova is Azerbaijani, not Armenian; he is Seyat Neva”
- 06.10.2016Mehriban Aliyeva attends premiere of "Ali and Nino"
- 14.09.2016Pope Francis thanks Azerbaijani sculptor for making his bust
- 09.09.2016Endless corridor movie to be shown in Al Jazeera TV
- 31.08.2016Azerbaijani composer Ogtay Zulfugarov dies aged 88
- 25.08.2016Azerbaijani composer to give concert in Paris
- 19.08.2016French magazine publishes articles on Azerbaijani jazz
- 26.07.2016Azerbaijani classical music discussed in Los Angeles
- 20.07.2016Azerbaijani spirit comes to two leading London jazz clubs
- 30.06.2016Baku hosts photo exhibition depicting life of national minorities
- 17.06.2016Exhibition of famous artist George Condo opens at Heydar Aliyev Center
- 09.06.2016Heydar Aliyev Center to host George Condo’s exhibition
- 18.05.2016Vital role of Azerbaijani oil in WWII victory highlighted in Los Angeles
- 27.04.2016Films on Azerbaijan produced in Los Angeles
- 12.04.2016Pascal Contet and Travelling Quartet to perform at Heydar Aliyev Center
- 07.03.2016Vidadi Muradov awarded Shohrat Order
- 04.03.2016Statue of Maestro Niyazi to be raised in Baku
- 29.02.2016Exhibition titled ‘Shah Ismail I – commander and king’ to be held in Azerbaijan
- 22.05.2017Shahin Novrasli – presented by the legendary Ahmad Jamal in Paris
- 31.05.2017Armenia breaks ceasefire with Azerbaijan 120 times in 24 hours
- 11.07.2017“Pomegranate Orchard” film nominated for Asia Pacific Screen Awards
- 09.03.2017European premiere of “Ali and Nino” held in Brussels
- 23.02.2017Not Frozen, Never Forgotten – the plight of Azerbaijani IDPs highlighted in Brussels
- 30.01.2017Film scripted by APA Holding employee invited to int’l film festival