Baku to host European film festival
Baku. Malahat Najafova – APA. The 7th European Film Festival is due to be held in Baku from November 3 to 12.
Head of the EU Delegation to Azerbaijan Malena Mard told a press conference on Thursday that the festival is being organized in cooperation with Park Bulvar shopping mall.
Malena Mard noted that 19 European films will be screened during the event.
“There will be a number of categories. These films, which are absolutely for free, will let the viewers get an insight into European culture from different angles. Everyone can come at 10:00 and get a ticket to watch any movie they like. All the films are 2015-2016 releases. The ones in original languages will have English subtitles. Azerbaijani films too will be screened here,” she added.
She said there will also be a competition for reporters and viewers during the festival.
“After watching the movies, reporters will write an article and viewers will write an essay on the film and publish it on the Baku Delegation’s Facebook page. The author of the best article and the best essay will be sent to a film festival which is to take place in Berlin in February,” said Mard.
Director General of the Park Cinema networks Namig Guliyev, who was attending the press conference, said that on Nov.12 the movie “Red Garden,” made by Azerbaijan film studio, will be screened during the festival.
“The film is a new one. It has been presented for the festival by the Ministry of Culture and Tourism,” he said.
The chargés d'affaires of the Greek and Spanish embassies in Baku gave information about the Greek and Spanish films to be screened.
- 17.05.2018Baku hosts photo exhibition of American photographer Edward Curtis
- 05.05.2018People’s Artist of Azerbaijan Fuad Poladov passes away
- 04.05.2018Roman Polanski and Bill Cosby expelled from film Academy
- 02.05.2018People’s artist Tokay Mammadov dies aged 91
- 26.03.2018“Layla and Majnun”: An Azerbaijani dance opera for the ages
- 16.03.2018Baku Media Center starts shooting for film dedicated to 100th anniversary of Azerbaijan Democratic Republic
- 14.03.2018Armenia launches military drills in occupied Azerbaijani territories
- 06.03.2018Azerbaijan to mark Hasan Turabov’s 80th jubilee
- 05.03.2018Oscar winners 2018: The list
- 19.02.2018Arif Aziz celebrated through fashion prism of Leonie Mergen during London Fashion Week
- 26.01.2018Azerbaijani parliament to discuss bill on preservation and development of mugham
- 10.01.2018Vakhtang Kikabidze's concert was held at the "Veselo" festival in Gabala
- 25.12.2017President Ilham Aliyev presents "Istiglal" Order to People's Artist Farhad Badalbayli
- 20.12.2017U.S. Embassy sponsors “Of Mice and Men” performance by ASA Theater
- 13.12.2017‘Switzerland and its nature’ painting exhibition opens in Baku
- 25.11.2017A concert held in London dedicated to the 100th anniversary of Covadat Hajiyev
- 06.11.2017Jazzman Isfar Sarabski raises the roof in Reims
- 28.10.2017Azerbaijani President awards Rauf Abdullayev with order
- 11.10.2017Azerbaijani defense minister leaves for Tajikistan
- 15.09.2017Ashug Adalat laid to rest
- 14.09.2017Famous Azerbaijani ashug dies
- 11.09.2017“Modernism and Fashion” exhibition of Alexandre Vassiliev’s collection to open at Heydar Aliyev Center
- 09.09.2017Baku hosting 2nd Indonesian Cultural Festival
- 05.09.2017Karabakh-Collection designer Leonie Mergen featured in British Vogue
- 05.09.2017Top Indian band ‘Indian Ocean’ to present concerts in Azerbaijan
- 28.08.2017Ministry: No request received for organization of Googoosh concert in Azerbaijan
- 21.08.2017The Silk Road – and the spirit of Azerbaijan – combines with Monet’s inspirational environment
- 02.08.2017Jeanne Gendelman: Famous musicians performing in Gabala, onlookers enjoying festive atmosphere
- 17.07.2017Sculptor Tokay Mammadov awarded honorary diploma of Azerbaijani president
- 11.07.2017“Pomegranate Orchard” film nominated for Asia Pacific Screen Awards
- 31.05.2017Armenia breaks ceasefire with Azerbaijan 120 times in 24 hours
- 22.05.2017Shahin Novrasli – presented by the legendary Ahmad Jamal in Paris
- 05.05.2017Carpet stolen by Armenians from Karabakh, taken to US to be exhibited in Baku
- 09.03.2017European premiere of “Ali and Nino” held in Brussels
- 23.02.2017Not Frozen, Never Forgotten – the plight of Azerbaijani IDPs highlighted in Brussels
- 30.01.2017Film scripted by APA Holding employee invited to int’l film festival
- 28.12.2016Famous Azerbaijani singer Zeynab Khanlarova turns 80 today
- 26.12.2016Azerbaijani People’s artist Aghakhan Abdullayev laid to rest
- 26.12.2016First Lady Mehriban Aliyeva attends farewell ceremony for People’s Artist Aghakhan Abdullayev
- 06.10.2016Mehriban Aliyeva attends premiere of "Ali and Nino"
- 12.12.2016Honored artist of Azerbaijan Ismayil Mammadov dies
- 14.12.2016Great cultural, literary figures Azerbaijan and the world lost in 2016 - LIST
- 22.12.2016Azerbaijani people’s artist Mukhtar Maniyev passes away
- 26.10.2016‘Ali and Nino’ premieres in Los Angeles to great acclaim
- 24.10.2016Jeffrey Werbock: Had I not known Azerbaijan, I would have been living ordinary life - INTERVIEW
- 21.10.2016“Sayat Nova is Azerbaijani, not Armenian; he is Seyat Neva”