Baku 2015 chocolate tableau presented - PHOTO
Culture and Tourism Minister Abulfaz Garayev, U.S. Ambassador to Azerbaijan Robert Cekuta, ANAS Vice-President Isa Habibbeyli and Nikola Popov, the author of the work, attend the presentation ceremony of the largest chocolate tableau in the world with weight of 200 kg.
Minister Abulfaz Garayev said that the work envisages the essence of the European Games.
“All the chocolate works exhibited in the museum accurately reflect the spirit, environment and monuments of Baku. I am glad that we were able to present this work and hope that it will be our contribution to the first European Games. All cultural institutions in the country will hold various cultural events on the occasion of the Games. In addition, shortly before the end of the Games, the guests will be provided with free entry to museums to learn more about the culture of Azerbaijan,” he added.
Simon Clegg, Chief Operating Officer of the Baku European Games Operation Committee Simon Clegg praised the chocolate tableau dedicated to the sports event: “I am pleased to take part in the opening of the exhibition. This is an important event on the eve of the European Games. During the next three weeks, the world will focus its attention on Azerbaijan. Of course, the contribution of the cultural sector to this event makes us happy.
The famous chocolate maker Nikola Popov made several art works of chocolate dedicated to Azerbaijan and Baku. "The maiden tower" in a chocolate miniature weighing more than 70 kilograms, chocolate pictures of known buildings of the city - Government houses, the Museum center, the Azerbaijan state academic opera and ballet theater, Flame Towers, and also, marzipan fruit and flowers, a chocolate brazier and many other things are exhibited.
The exhibition will last till June 28.
- 19.02.2018Arif Aziz celebrated through fashion prism of Leonie Mergen during London Fashion Week
- 26.01.2018Azerbaijani parliament to discuss bill on preservation and development of mugham
- 10.01.2018Vakhtang Kikabidze's concert was held at the "Veselo" festival in Gabala
- 25.12.2017President Ilham Aliyev presents "Istiglal" Order to People's Artist Farhad Badalbayli
- 20.12.2017U.S. Embassy sponsors “Of Mice and Men” performance by ASA Theater
- 13.12.2017‘Switzerland and its nature’ painting exhibition opens in Baku
- 25.11.2017A concert held in London dedicated to the 100th anniversary of Covadat Hajiyev
- 06.11.2017Jazzman Isfar Sarabski raises the roof in Reims
- 28.10.2017Azerbaijani President awards Rauf Abdullayev with order
- 11.10.2017Azerbaijani defense minister leaves for Tajikistan
- 15.09.2017Ashug Adalat laid to rest
- 14.09.2017Famous Azerbaijani ashug dies
- 11.09.2017“Modernism and Fashion” exhibition of Alexandre Vassiliev’s collection to open at Heydar Aliyev Center
- 09.09.2017Baku hosting 2nd Indonesian Cultural Festival
- 05.09.2017Karabakh-Collection designer Leonie Mergen featured in British Vogue
- 05.09.2017Top Indian band ‘Indian Ocean’ to present concerts in Azerbaijan
- 28.08.2017Ministry: No request received for organization of Googoosh concert in Azerbaijan
- 21.08.2017The Silk Road – and the spirit of Azerbaijan – combines with Monet’s inspirational environment
- 02.08.2017Jeanne Gendelman: Famous musicians performing in Gabala, onlookers enjoying festive atmosphere
- 17.07.2017Sculptor Tokay Mammadov awarded honorary diploma of Azerbaijani president
- 11.07.2017“Pomegranate Orchard” film nominated for Asia Pacific Screen Awards
- 31.05.2017Armenia breaks ceasefire with Azerbaijan 120 times in 24 hours
- 22.05.2017Shahin Novrasli – presented by the legendary Ahmad Jamal in Paris
- 05.05.2017Carpet stolen by Armenians from Karabakh, taken to US to be exhibited in Baku
- 09.03.2017European premiere of “Ali and Nino” held in Brussels
- 23.02.2017Not Frozen, Never Forgotten – the plight of Azerbaijani IDPs highlighted in Brussels
- 30.01.2017Film scripted by APA Holding employee invited to int’l film festival
- 28.12.2016Famous Azerbaijani singer Zeynab Khanlarova turns 80 today
- 26.12.2016Azerbaijani People’s artist Aghakhan Abdullayev laid to rest
- 26.12.2016First Lady Mehriban Aliyeva attends farewell ceremony for People’s Artist Aghakhan Abdullayev
- 22.12.2016Azerbaijani people’s artist Mukhtar Maniyev passes away
- 14.12.2016Great cultural, literary figures Azerbaijan and the world lost in 2016 - LIST
- 12.12.2016Honored artist of Azerbaijan Ismayil Mammadov dies
- 27.10.2016Baku to host European film festival
- 26.10.2016‘Ali and Nino’ premieres in Los Angeles to great acclaim
- 24.10.2016Jeffrey Werbock: Had I not known Azerbaijan, I would have been living ordinary life - INTERVIEW
- 21.10.2016“Sayat Nova is Azerbaijani, not Armenian; he is Seyat Neva”
- 06.10.2016Mehriban Aliyeva attends premiere of "Ali and Nino"
- 14.09.2016Pope Francis thanks Azerbaijani sculptor for making his bust
- 09.09.2016Endless corridor movie to be shown in Al Jazeera TV
- 06.07.20156th International Musical Festival “Silk Road” ends in Shaki
- 10.07.2015Heydar Aliyev Foundation holds concert within Azerbaijan "National Day" in "Expo Milano 2015" - PHOTO
- 10.07.2015Omar Sharif dead at 83
- 02.06.2015French composer’s work “Khojaly 613” to be performed in Baku
- 16.05.2015Video clip displayed of opening of Azerbaijani pavilion in Venice - PHOTOSESSION - VİDEO
- 13.04.2015Thought-provoking Azerbaijani films screened to Parisian cinephiles - PHOTO