Ziyafat Asgarov: Drugs grown in occupied Azerbaijani territories being transported to whole Europe
Growing and illicit trafficking of drugs and arms trafficking are raging across the Armenian-occupied Nagorno-Karabakh region of Azerbaijan, Ziyafat Asgarov, the Azerbaijani Parliament’s First Deputy Speaker, said at an international conference entitled “Parliamentarian Against Drugs” in Russia’s State Duma, APA’s Moscow correspondent reported.
“Drugs are being transported to whole Europe from the occupied region of Nagorno-Karabakh. Intoxicating entire Europe, Armenians are making money from this plight,” he stressed, adding that a document on the problem of illegal drug trafficking will be adopted at the end of the conference.
“Undoubtedly, the document will reflect issues the conference’s participants are concerned about.
In fact, it does not end with the adoption of a declaration. However, be that as it may, this concern must be ended. States should support each other in such cases. Unfortunately, sometimes, a state does not act according to its statements. One state sincerely brings forward the issue, but others make money from it,” he said.
Asgarov pointed out that terrorism is linked with illicit drug trafficking.
“One of the main financial recourses of terrorism is the income generated through drug smuggling. These two issues are interrelated. The first major issue to put forward in the conference is combining forces by world states and parliaments against this problem,” he added.
Related news releases
- 21.06.2018Azerbaijani FM leaves for Minsk
- 20.06.2018Minsk to host 10th round of EaP informal ministerial dialogues
- 20.06.2018Foreign Ministry: Number of IDPs and refugees in Azerbaijan exceeds 1.2 mln
- 20.06.2018Azerbaijani MP sends open letter to PACE committee members
- 19.06.2018Russian State Duma chairman to visit Azerbaijan
- 19.06.2018UN High Commissioner for Human Rights calls Azerbaijan actively cooperating country
- 19.06.2018Azerbaijani parliament speaker to visit China
- 18.06.2018Baku: No Azerbaijani nationals among Japan earthquake victims
- 15.06.2018Vice-Speaker: Georgia's failure to attend TANAP opening ceremony was due to domestic political situation in the country
- 14.06.2018Delegation of Nizami Ganjavi International Center meets Israeli defense minister
- 14.06.2018Azerbaijani flag hoisted outside Philadelphia Mayor’s Office
- 13.06.2018Donald Trump congratulates Ilham Aliyev on Eid al-Fitr
- 13.06.2018Process of border delimitation with Georgia ‘relatively passive’, says Azerbaijan
- 13.06.2018Putin: Political co-op between Russia, Azerbaijan is stable
- 13.06.2018Summit of Caspian states planned to be held in first half of August – Azerbaijani diplomat
- 13.06.2018Azerbaijani president to visit Russia again on Aug. 30 – Putin
- 13.06.2018PACE Monitoring Committee to appoint new co-rapporteur on Azerbaijan on June 28
- 13.06.2018PACE to appoint rapporteur for preparation of report on “political prisoners in Azerbaijan”
- 13.06.2018Matthew Bryza: TANAP has turned Azerbaijan into a key player in global energy market - INTERVIEW
- 13.06.2018Azerbaijani President pays working visit to Russia
- 12.06.2018Azerbaijani president to visit Ukraine
- 12.06.2018Azerbaijan invites Ukraine to join Southern Gas Corridor project
- 12.06.2018President Ilham Aliyev meets BP CEO - UPDATED
- 12.06.2018Azerbaijani, Ukrainian presidents meet in Turkey
- 11.06.2018President Ilham Aliyev congratulates Vladimir Putin
- 11.06.2018Azerbaijan grants temporary residence permits to over 3,000 foreigners in May
- 11.06.2018No plan for Azerbaijani, Armenian leaders to meet in Moscow – Yerevan
- 11.06.2018Azerbaijani president to attend FIFA World Cup opening ceremony in Russia
- 10.06.2018President Ilham Aliyev accepted credentials of incoming Bulgarian ambassador - UPDATED
- 10.06.2018President Ilham Aliyev received credentials of incoming Peruvian ambassador - UPDATED
- 10.06.2018President Ilham Aliyev received credentials of incoming Russian ambassador - UPDATED
- 09.06.2018Samad Seyidov: There is possibility of pressure on Azerbaijan under the name of “political prisoner”
- 09.06.2018Azerbaijan plays crucial role in geopolitical, transport and energy issues: ACRE
- 09.06.2018ACRE calls for end to anti-Azerbaijani decisions in Council of Europe
- 09.06.2018Baku Summit of Alliance of Conservatives and Reformists in Europe kicks off
- 08.06.2018President Ilham Aliyev congratulates Queen Elizabeth II
- 08.06.2018Azerbaijan’s Cabinet of Ministers holds expanded meeting
- 08.06.2018Ilham Aliyev receives president of Alliance of Conservatives and Reformists in Europe
- 08.06.2018Azerbaijani FM receives incoming Russian ambassador
- 08.06.2018U.S. welcomes TANAP completion – diplomat
- 04.12.2017Mahmud Mammadguliyev: "Next talks between EU and Azerbaijan on strategic partnership will be held in December"
- 05.12.2017Ministerial meeting of Caspian littoral states gets underway in Moscow
- 05.12.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives Russian minister of telecom and mass communications - UPDATED
- 04.12.2017Azerbaijani official: EU's position on separatism now becoming boomerang for European nations
- 04.12.2017Novruz Mammadov: Int’l organizations, leading countries are falling behind in addressing a certain process
- 04.12.2017Azerbaijani president discusses Karabakh conflict settlement with EU special representative