Ziyafat Asgarov: Drugs grown in occupied Azerbaijani territories being transported to whole Europe
Growing and illicit trafficking of drugs and arms trafficking are raging across the Armenian-occupied Nagorno-Karabakh region of Azerbaijan, Ziyafat Asgarov, the Azerbaijani Parliament’s First Deputy Speaker, said at an international conference entitled “Parliamentarian Against Drugs” in Russia’s State Duma, APA’s Moscow correspondent reported.
“Drugs are being transported to whole Europe from the occupied region of Nagorno-Karabakh. Intoxicating entire Europe, Armenians are making money from this plight,” he stressed, adding that a document on the problem of illegal drug trafficking will be adopted at the end of the conference.
“Undoubtedly, the document will reflect issues the conference’s participants are concerned about.
In fact, it does not end with the adoption of a declaration. However, be that as it may, this concern must be ended. States should support each other in such cases. Unfortunately, sometimes, a state does not act according to its statements. One state sincerely brings forward the issue, but others make money from it,” he said.
Asgarov pointed out that terrorism is linked with illicit drug trafficking.
“One of the main financial recourses of terrorism is the income generated through drug smuggling. These two issues are interrelated. The first major issue to put forward in the conference is combining forces by world states and parliaments against this problem,” he added.
Related news releases
- 13.12.2017Turkey’s Erdogan calls for recognition of Jerusalem as capital of Palestine
- 13.12.2017Erdogan calls Israel ‘an occupying, terrorist state’
- 13.12.2017OIC summit on Jerusalem issue kicks off in Istanbul
- 13.12.2017OIC FMs meet in Istanbul to discuss Jerusalem issue
- 12.12.2017President Ilham Aliyev arrives in Turkey
- 12.12.2017Iran’s Rouhani to visit Azerbaijan next year
- 12.12.2017ECHR: Armenia has to pay for damage to Azerbaijani IDPs
- 12.12.2017Caucasian Muslims Office issues statement on al-Quds
- 12.12.2017Kazakh President Nazarbayev to propose date for Caspian summit
- 12.12.2017Deputy FM says he doesn’t believe in Azerbaijan’s accession to WTO in coming years
- 12.12.2017Azerbaijan says issues on aviation agreement with EU can be resolved in early 2018
- 12.12.2017Azerbaijan, Georgia to continue negotiations on border delimitation early next year
- 12.12.2017Caspian states to sign separate agreement on water surface division
- 12.12.2017No middle line or any common principle for division of Caspian seabed: Azerbaijani deputy FM
- 12.12.2017Talks on new Azerbaijan-EU agreement may end by late 2018 – deputy FM
- 11.12.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives Russian State Duma delegation
- 09.12.2017Erdogan invites Ilham Aliyev to attend OIC summit on Jerusalem issue
- 08.12.2017President Aliyev appoints Azerbaijan’s honorary consul to Djibouti
- 08.12.2017Azerbaijan appoints new ambassador to Croatia
- 08.12.2017Azerbaijan recalls ambassador from Tajikistan
- 08.12.2017Russia never requested Azerbaijan for agrément for Georgy Zuev - Lavrov
- 08.12.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives credentials of incoming Sudanese ambassador
- 07.12.2017Elmar Mammadyarov attends the meeting of the GUAM Council of MFA
- 07.12.2017“ASAN Service” is a huge revolution in field of public services – Azerbaijani president
- 07.12.2017Israeli Embassy in Baku reacts to protests over Trump’s Jerusalem declaration
- 07.12.2017UK minister of state for trade to visit Azerbaijan
- 07.12.2017Novruz Mammadov: Azerbaijani public concerned over unfair attitude of certain circles in West and Europe
- 07.12.2017Lavrov: Russia will contribute to search for mutually acceptable solutions to Karabakh conflict
- 07.12.2017President Ilham Aliyev arrives in Guba district
- 07.12.2017Azerbaijan supports peaceful settlement of Israeli-Palestinian conflict - Foreign Ministry
- 06.12.2017Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan expands partnership with Russia in technology sector
- 06.12.2017Azerbaijani deputy FM: Int’l rules can be applied regarding controversial deposits in Caspian Sea
- 06.12.2017Draft Convention on Caspian status includes preservation of military balance: Azerbaijani MFA
- 06.12.2017Azerbaijani deputy FM reveals Caspian division principles
- 06.12.2017Baku: Draft Convention on Caspian Sea status coordinated
- 06.12.2017President Ilham Aliyev views Bakutel-2017 exhibition
- 06.12.2017Azerbaijani, Armenian FMs to meet in Vienna today
- 05.12.2017Baku host reception on occasion of Japanese Emperor's birthday
- 05.12.2017Azerbaijani president sends congratulatory letter to Finnish counterpart
- 05.12.2017Caspian states plan to hold joint drills – Lavrov
- 04.12.2017Mahmud Mammadguliyev: "Next talks between EU and Azerbaijan on strategic partnership will be held in December"
- 05.12.2017Ministerial meeting of Caspian littoral states gets underway in Moscow
- 05.12.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives Russian minister of telecom and mass communications - UPDATED
- 04.12.2017Azerbaijani official: EU's position on separatism now becoming boomerang for European nations
- 04.12.2017Novruz Mammadov: Int’l organizations, leading countries are falling behind in addressing a certain process
- 04.12.2017Azerbaijani president discusses Karabakh conflict settlement with EU special representative