Ziyafat Asgarov: Drugs grown in occupied Azerbaijani territories being transported to whole Europe
Growing and illicit trafficking of drugs and arms trafficking are raging across the Armenian-occupied Nagorno-Karabakh region of Azerbaijan, Ziyafat Asgarov, the Azerbaijani Parliament’s First Deputy Speaker, said at an international conference entitled “Parliamentarian Against Drugs” in Russia’s State Duma, APA’s Moscow correspondent reported.
“Drugs are being transported to whole Europe from the occupied region of Nagorno-Karabakh. Intoxicating entire Europe, Armenians are making money from this plight,” he stressed, adding that a document on the problem of illegal drug trafficking will be adopted at the end of the conference.
“Undoubtedly, the document will reflect issues the conference’s participants are concerned about.
In fact, it does not end with the adoption of a declaration. However, be that as it may, this concern must be ended. States should support each other in such cases. Unfortunately, sometimes, a state does not act according to its statements. One state sincerely brings forward the issue, but others make money from it,” he said.
Asgarov pointed out that terrorism is linked with illicit drug trafficking.
“One of the main financial recourses of terrorism is the income generated through drug smuggling. These two issues are interrelated. The first major issue to put forward in the conference is combining forces by world states and parliaments against this problem,” he added.
Related news releases
- 25.02.2018President Ilham Aliyev received delegation led by President of American Jewish Committee
- 23.02.2018Moldovan president to visit Azerbaijan
- 23.02.2018U.S. aims to help Azerbaijan become a strong, prosperous state: Ambassador Cekuta
- 23.02.2018First VP Mehriban Aliyeva meets with head of Iran's Islamic Culture and Relations Organization
- 23.02.2018Erdogan: 415 sq km now under control in Afrin operation
- 23.02.2018Azerbaijan calls Dutch parliament’s decision ‘biased’
- 23.02.2018Film on Khojaly Genocide screened in California
- 22.02.2018OSCE PA special rep. on South Caucasus resigns
- 22.02.2018Ceremony of laying first border markers on Azerbaijani-Russian border held - UPDATED
- 22.02.2018Azerbaijan's FM to address UN Human Rights Council's session
- 22.02.2018MFA: Appeals sent to int'l organizations for monitoring Azerbaijan presidential election
- 22.02.2018Azerbaijan, Russia mulling border demarcation
- 22.02.2018Azerbaijani MFA, Prosecutor General’s Office issue joint statement on Sumgayit disturbances
- 21.02.2018Envoy Cekuta: U.S. supports transparent and credible electoral process
- 21.02.2018Ilham Aliyev receives ex-president of Dutch Senate
- 21.02.2018Azerbaijani president receives Iran’s defense minister
- 21.02.2018Baku reacts to statement of French Foreign Ministry
- 20.02.2018Sergey Lebedev to lead CIS observation mission in Azerbaijan presidential election - UPDATED
- 20.02.2018Outgoing Czech ambassador to Azerbaijan to serve as envoy to Russia
- 19.02.2018Azerbaijan names new ambassador to Jordan
- 19.02.2018Azerbaijan appoints new consul in Batumi
- 19.02.2018Azerbaijan, Turkmenistan mull energy cooperation
- 19.02.2018Montenegrin president to attend 6th Global Baku Forum
- 19.02.2018ODIHR needs assessment mission to arrive in Baku on Feb. 21 - UPDATED
- 19.02.2018PACE to decide on sending mission for observation of Azerbaijan presidential election in mid-March
- 19.02.2018Ilham Aliyev: Armenia’s hypocritical position is key impediment to achieving progress in Karabakh talks - UPDATED
- 19.02.2018EU special rep. for South Caucasus arrives in Baku
- 17.02.2018Baku hosts event in support of Turkey’s Afrin op
- 16.02.2018Azerbaijani FM attends roundtable at Munich Security Conference
- 16.02.2018Azerbaijani MFA: Armenia's speaking of peace is a 'clear hypocrisy'
- 16.02.2018Baku reacts to Russian MFA spokesperson’s remarks
- 16.02.2018Azerbaijani FM to meet with OSCE chairman
- 16.02.2018Azerbaijan invites int’l observers to monitor upcoming presidential election – EU envoy
- 16.02.201854th Munich Security Conference to start today
- 15.02.2018Azerbaijani president: New agreement with EU to create a new co-op format
- 15.02.2018President Ilham Aliyev offers condolences to Donald Trump
- 15.02.2018Azerbaijani president meets with Italian deputy economic development minister
- 15.02.2018Azerbaijani FM to attend Munich Security Conference
- 15.02.2018Summit of Caspian states to take place in 2H18
- 14.02.2018Azerbaijani president sends congratulatory letter to Serbian counterpart
- 04.12.2017Mahmud Mammadguliyev: "Next talks between EU and Azerbaijan on strategic partnership will be held in December"
- 05.12.2017Ministerial meeting of Caspian littoral states gets underway in Moscow
- 05.12.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives Russian minister of telecom and mass communications - UPDATED
- 04.12.2017Azerbaijani official: EU's position on separatism now becoming boomerang for European nations
- 04.12.2017Novruz Mammadov: Int’l organizations, leading countries are falling behind in addressing a certain process
- 04.12.2017Azerbaijani president discusses Karabakh conflict settlement with EU special representative