Volodin: Russia, Azerbaijan share common history and future
Russia and Azerbaijan share common history and future, said Chairman of Russia’s State Duma Vyacheslav Volodin.
He made the remarks at the opening ceremony of the exhibition marking the 25th anniversary of the establishment of diplomatic relations between Russia and Azerbaijan in Moscow on Wednesday, an APA correspondent reported from Moscow.
"I want to thank the Heydar Aliyev Foundation for giving us the opportunity to learn about the history of Azerbaijan, its modern life and the centuries-old history of Russian-Azerbaijani relations. The Russian and Azerbaijani people have protected our homeland and the whole world from fascism. Today, our friendship is developing and strengthening. At today’s exhibition, we’re getting acquainted with the achievements of our neighbor, Azerbaijan,” he said.
Talking about the importance of the exhibition, Volodin said such events contribute to the development of bilateral relations.
“We are bringing our countries' positions closer to each other. The basis of relations between the two countries was laid by the decisions of our presidents. The duty of parliaments is to ensure the legality of these decisions. Therefore, together with my colleague Ogtay Asadov and other Azerbaijani parliamentarians, we are doing everything possible to strengthen the bilateral ties. We are such countries that have a common history and future,” the State Duma chairman added.
Volodin recommended Russian tourists to visit Azerbaijan.
Related news releases
- 22.05.2018California Governor congratulates Azerbaijan on 100th anniversary of ADR
- 21.05.2018Vucic: Serbia intends to develop co-op with Azerbaijan in all spheres
- 21.05.2018Ilham Aliyev: Relations with Serbia of great importance to Azerbaijan
- 21.05.2018Aleksandar Vucic: Much remains to be done in Serbia in terms of Azerbaijan’s interests
- 21.05.2018President Vucic: Serbia is friendly country to Azerbaijan
- 21.05.2018Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan-Serbia ties will continue to develop successfully
- 21.05.2018Azerbaijani, Serbian presidents make press statements
- 21.05.2018Azerbaijan, Serbia ink several documents
- 21.05.2018Presidents of Azerbaijan, Serbia hold expanded meeting
- 21.05.2018Azerbaijani, Serbian presidents hold one-on-one meeting
- 21.05.2018Serbia’s Vucic officially welcomed in Baku
- 21.05.2018Ilham Aliyev: Significant work done towards rapid reduction of unemployment - UPDATED
- 21.05.2018Serbian president arrives in Azerbaijan
- 21.05.2018Legal status of Caspian Sea to be discussed in Astana on May 21-24
- 19.05.2018Poroshenko signs decree on recalling Ukraine’s representatives from CIS statutory bodies
- 19.05.2018Elmar Mammadyarov: "Azerbaijan remains ready to contribute to the just solution of the Palestinian issue"
- 18.05.2018Azerbaijan’s First Vice-President meets with UNESCO Director General in Paris
- 18.05.2018Mehriban Aliyev attends conference on 80th birthday of Koïchiro Matsuura in Paris
- 18.05.2018Azerbaijani, Kyrgyz presidents hold phone talk
- 18.05.2018Baku to convey serious protest to Russian Foreign Ministry
- 16.05.2018Head of delegation: No one will accept such Council of Europe
- 16.05.2018President Ilham Aliyev sends congratulatory letter to King of Norway
- 16.05.2018Samad Seyidov: I’ve been interrogated for 3 hours
- 16.05.2018Samad Seyidov: Those who face sanctions in PACE are the ones who support Azerbaijan’s territorial integrity
- 16.05.2018Head of delegation: Azerbaijan to continue activity in PACE
- 16.05.2018Samad Seyidov: PACE decision – a manifestation of double standard attitude towards Azerbaijan
- 16.05.2018Jamewstown Foundation president: BTK to carry military cargo, Turkey gives initial consent
- 16.05.2018Final declaration of PABSEC Istanbul summit does not include paragraph on al-Quds
- 16.05.2018PACE committee imposes sanction on Azerbaijani MP Samad Seyidov
- 16.05.2018Russia says concerned over 'dangerous escalation' in Gaza
- 16.05.2018What points does report of Independent Investigation Body on allegations of corruption within PACE highlight? - OPINION
- 16.05.2018Israeli ambassador: Peace will not be attainable as long as Palestinians refuse to recognize Jewish people as a nation - INTERVIEW
- 16.05.2018Azerbaijan names new deputy foreign minister
- 15.05.2018Palestinian ambassador: Trump ‘added fuel to the fire’ - INTERVIEW
- 15.05.2018Ilham Aliyev receives former president of Dutch Senate - UPDATED
- 14.05.2018Elmar Mammadyarov met with the EU High Representative
- 14.05.2018President Aliyev congratulates Malaysian PM
- 14.05.2018ACRE staff member asks Baku not to blacklist him for visiting occupied lands
- 13.05.2018Foreign Minister Elmar Mammadyarov departed to Belgium to attend the international conference on the victims of ethnic and religious violence in the Middle East
- 12.05.2018May 28 declared Azerbaijan National Day in Pennsylvania
- 07.02.2018Russia’s ruling party: Russia, Azerbaijan strategic partners within CIS
- 07.02.2018Ogtay Asadov: If relations all over the world were same as Russia-Azerbaijan relations, there would be no problems
- 07.02.2018Azerbaijan appoints new ambassador to Qatar
- 07.02.2018U.S. interested in deepening trade relations with Azerbaijan
- 07.02.2018U.S. says respect for human rights ‘important element’ of bilateral relations
- 07.02.2018U.S. State Dept. comments on upcoming early presidential election in Azerbaijan