Vasif Talibov and Turkish Prime Minister meet in Nakhchivan
Chairman of the Supreme Mejlis of the Nakhchivan Autonomous Republic Vasif Talibov and Prime Minister of the Republic of Turkey Binali Yildirim met on December 20.
Informing about the history and modern development of the autonomous republic, it was noted that food and energy security was ensured in the autonomous republic despite the blockade conditions that have been going on for more than 25 years; opportunities for using alternative energy sources and the volume of local production have been expanded.
It was noted that Azerbaijan and Turkey are constantly supporting each other in the international sphere, they are taking the same position. Noting that the Nakhchivan Autonomous Republic also plays an important role in the development of the Azerbaijani-Turkish relations, the Chairman of the Supreme Mejlis stressed that the development of ties in the fields of education, health, culture, trade, economy and army construction is encouraging.
"The share of the Republic of Turkey in the foreign trade turnover of Nakhchivan increased by $ 2 million over the 11 months of this year compared to the previous year and amounted to 7 million 685 thousand US dollars. According to the new decision on regulation adopted by the government of the fraternal country, the production enterprises of the Nakhchivan Autonomous Republic are given the free trade opportunity in the export of products to Turkey, which is also important in increasing the foreign trade turnover, " the chairman of the Supreme Mejlis said. Stressing that the peoples of Azerbaijan and Turkey had historically been together, chairman of the Supreme Mejlis, Vasif Talibov, noted that the visit of the Turkish Prime Minister to Nakhchivan is an indicator of the high level of these ties.
Turkish Prime Minister Binali Yildirim, expressing his satisfaction with the fact that he is again in the ancient Nakhchivan after 2009, said that over the past period Nakhchivan has achieved great development. Recalling the participation and speech of President Ilham Aliyev at the extraordinary summit of the Organization of Islamic Cooperation on the issue of Jerusalem in Istanbul, the Prime Minister stressed that the statements of the President of Azerbaijan both on the issue of Jerusalem and in connection with the Nagorno-Karabakh conflict are extremely important.
- 20.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev met with Managing Director of Wilmotte & Associes Architectes
- 19.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev met with Chief Executive Officer of SUEZ
- 19.07.2018Azerbaijani President Ilham Aliyev met with President of French Senate
- 19.07.2018Azerbaijani President meets with Airbus vice-president for Eurasia
- 19.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev met with Chairman and CEO of Total
- 19.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev met with Chairman and CEO of Naval Group in Paris
- 19.07.2018Azerbaijani President meets with Executive Chairman of French Institute of International Relations in Paris
- 19.07.2018Azerbaijani president arrives in France
- 19.07.2018Sergio Mattarella: Azerbaijan can become ‘the main hero of a new page’ in development of economic potential of three seas
- 19.07.2018Turkish FM expected to visit Azerbaijan
- 19.07.2018Baku hosts Azerbaijan-Italy business forum
- 19.07.2018Sergio Mattarella: "Italy will remain sincere, resolute and loyal partner to Azerbaijan"
- 19.07.2018President of Azerbaijan: "Cooperation between Azerbaijan and Italy successfully develops in all directions"
- 19.07.2018Azerbaijani President signs order on awarding "Shohrat" Order to Laura Mattarella
- 18.07.2018FMs of Caspian states to meet before summit of heads of state
- 18.07.2018Baku urges foreign journalists to respect Azerbaijan’s territorial integrity
- 18.07.2018OSCE/ODIHR releases final report on Azerbaijan’s presidential election
- 18.07.2018Caspian gas ‘very important’ for Europe – Italian president
- 18.07.2018Azerbaijan, Italy ink bilateral documents
- 18.07.2018Presidents of Azerbaijan, Italy hold expanded meeting
- 18.07.2018Azerbaijani, Italian presidents hold one-on-one meeting
- 18.07.2018Italian president welcomed with official ceremony in Azerbaijan
- 17.07.2018Italian President arrives in Azerbaijan for official visit
- 17.07.2018Russia-Azerbaijan ties ‘on the rise’ – new envoy
- 17.07.2018Date set for summit of Caspian states
- 17.07.2018Date of Azerbaijani president’s visit to Russia rescheduled
- 16.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev congratulates Putin on successful organization of FIFA 2020 World Cup
- 16.07.2018Azerbaijani president sends congratulatory letter to Croatian counterpart
- 16.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev congratulates Macron on France’s World Cup victory
- 16.07.2018Tehran condemns terror attack in Azerbaijan’s Ganja city
- 16.07.2018Traitors try to commit terrorist acts in Azerbaijan under guise of religion – Turkish envoy
- 16.07.2018Azerbaijani official: Impossible to defeat national will
- 14.07.2018Azerbaijani president to pay an official visit to France
- 14.07.2018Mehmet Akarca: Azerbaijan’s anti-FETO fight makes Turkey proud
- 14.07.2018Azerbaijani president offers condolences to Pakistani counterpart
- 13.07.2018Armenia disrespects UN Charter and member states, says Baku
- 13.07.2018Azerbaijani president receives Iranian minister of health and medical education
- 13.07.2018Azerbaijani President attends North Atlantic Council meeting
- 12.07.2018Azerbaijan commends reiterated support by NATO members to its territorial integrity – Baku
- 12.07.2018Azerbaijan’s foreign and defense ministers meet with U.S. secretaries of state and defense - UPDATED
- 21.12.2017Paraguay parliament recognizes Khojaly Genocide
- 21.12.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives head of Iranian Presidential Office - UPDATED
- 21.12.2017Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan greatly contributes to Islamic solidarity
- 20.12.2017Turkish PM arrives in the Nakhchivan AR
- 20.12.2017Report: EU supports territorial integrity, sovereignty of Azerbaijan
- 20.12.2017EU, Azerbaijan making good progress in negotiations for new agreement, Mogherini says