US State Department official visiting Azerbaijan
Alicia Allison, Office Director for Caucasus Affairs and Regional Conflicts in the US Department of State’s Bureau of European and Eurasian Affairs, is on a visit to Azerbaijan, the US Embassy in Azerbaijan told APA.
Having recently assumed her duties as Director of Caucasus Affairs and Regional Conflicts at the Department of State, she arrived in Azerbaijan on 28 September in order to familiarize herself with the country.
During her time here she will be speaking with a wide variety of Azerbaijanis in order to gain a broad perspective on Azerbaijan, its issues and concerns.”
Prior to this position, she served as the Director of Political Training at the Department’s Foreign Service Institute. Among her other assignments, she was External Affairs Unit Chief in Embassy Moscow’s Political Section, Political Section Chief at Embassy Nicosia, and staff officer in the Department’s Executive Secretariat in Washington.
Ms. Allison also completed tours in Mexico City and Istanbul. She received her undergraduate degree from the University of North Carolina-Chapel Hill and her MPA from Princeton University’s Woodrow Wilson School.
Ms. Allison is originally from Timonium, Maryland.
Related news releases
- 22.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev sends letter to Pakistani counterpart
- 22.03.2018PACE co-rapporteurs to observe presidential election in Azerbaijan
- 19.03.2018Turkish FM to visit Azerbaijan in April
- 19.03.2018Azerbaijani official: Presidential election in Russia was transparent, democratic
- 19.03.2018Ilham Aliyev holds phone talk with Vladimir Putin
- 19.03.201883.3% of Azerbaijanis living in Russia voted for Putin
- 19.03.2018Iranian citizens to receive visas at Azerbaijani airports
- 19.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev congratulates Vladimir Putin on winning presidential election
- 18.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev met with OPEC Secretary General - UPDATED
- 18.03.2018President of Moldova: "Global dialogues in Azerbaijan contribute to the reduction of international tension"
- 17.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev congratulates Chinese counterpart on re-election as President
- 17.03.2018Two panels held on third day of 6th Global Baku Forum
- 16.03.2018China’s foreign policy mulled at 6th Global Baku Forum
- 16.03.2018Azerbaijani, Jordanian FMs exchange letters marking 25th anniversary of diplomatic ties
- 16.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev receives president of Paraguayan Senate - UPDATED
- 16.03.2018Security in the Balkans discussed at Global Baku Forum
- 16.03.2018Moldova nearing solution to Transnistrian conflict: President Dodon
- 16.03.2018Gennady Burbulis: I hope Azerbaijan, Armenia will come to agreement
- 16.03.2018Ex-PM Lagumdzija: Azerbaijani president’s visit to Bosnia and Herzegovina to open new page for co-op in many areas
- 16.03.2018Moldovan president: Geopolitical competition on the rise worldwide
- 16.03.2018South-West transport corridor project has great future, says Azerbaijani FM
- 16.03.2018Albania stands by Azerbaijan in Karabakh conflict – president
- 16.03.2018Situation in Middle East discussed at 6th Global Baku Forum
- 16.03.2018Turkish MFA: Zurich protocols benefited Armenia more than Turkey
- 16.03.2018Albania, Azerbaijan enjoy good relations: ex-president
- 16.03.2018Some states testing new weapons in Syria, ex-Lebanese PM claims
- 16.03.2018Working group set up to bring Azerbaijani citizens back from Iraq
- 16.03.2018Azerbaijani FM stresses need for reforms in UN
- 16.03.2018Turkish MP’s health deteriorates during speech at Global Baku Forum
- 16.03.2018Lebanon’s ex-PM: Unresolved Palestinian conflict lies at root of developments in region
- 15.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev receives Iranian FM - UPDATED
- 15.03.2018US Ambassador to Azerbaijan Cekuta to leave his position in late March
- 15.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev meets with member of Bosnia and Herzegovina Presidency - UPDATED
- 15.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev presents “Dostlug” Order to UNESCO goodwill ambassador
- 15.03.2018First VP Mehriban Aliyeva meets president of Marianna V. Vardinoyannis Foundation
- 15.03.2018First VP Mehriban Aliyeva meets Italian Senate's VP
- 15.03.2018Azerbaijani president meets with Albanian counterpart - UPDATED
- 15.03.2018Ilham Aliyev sends congratulatory letter to Angela Merkel
- 15.03.2018Azerbaijan’s First VP Mehriban Aliyeva meets with Turkish PM
- 15.03.2018Respect for int’l law will further strengthen respect for territorial integrity of countries: Iranian FM
- 29.09.2017Azerbaijan recognizes, fully supports territorial integrity of Iraq
- 29.09.2017Ambassador: Turkish citizens who illegally visited Karabakh do not reflect country's official position
- 29.09.2017Ukrainian FM to visit Azerbaijan
- 29.09.2017Ambassador: South Korea ready to respond to any threat by North Korea in close cooperation with US - INTERVIEW
- 29.09.2017Turkish deputies: "They betrayed our country"
- 29.09.2017Five documents signed between Azerbaijan and Russia