US-based Armenian lobby leader admits Khojaly Massacre was committed by Armenian troops
During the hearings dedicated to the 30th anniversary of the Sumgayit events held at the California State Senate at the behest of the radical Armenian lobby in the US, a representative of the lobby disseminated biased and distorted information about the Armenia-Azerbaijan conflict, APA reported citing AZERTAC.
At the end of the hearings, the public was invited to offer comments.
Young members of the Azerbaijani community in California, speaking in perfect English, drew the attention to solid facts and exposed the misinformation provided by the Armenian lobby. Some harsh questions were asked about why they did not mention the 1 million Azerbaijani refugees and internally displaced people who had been expelled from their native lands as a result of Armenia's aggression against Azerbaijan; whereas both the senators and the representative of the Armenian lobby discussed the Sumgayit incidents, why the Khojaly Genocide committed in 1992 by Armenia against Azerbaijani civilians was not discussed; why the Azerbaijani community had not been invited to offer their perspective as well; and why the senators showed utter one-sidedness and bias. Following these questions, the members of the Armenian lobby tried their hardest to help Senator Portantino out of the difficult situation. But by exposing themselves, the lobby actually achieved quite the opposite.
Commenting on one of the comments, the U.S. Western Region Director of the Armenian Assembly of America, Mihran Toumajan, admitted that the Khojaly Massacre of 1992 against Azerbaijani civilians was committed by Armenian troops. Here is what Toumajan said verbatim: "Senator Portantiono, thank you very much for holding this hearing. My name is Mihran Toumajan, Western Region Director of the Armenian Assembly of America. I just want to respond actually to students here of Azerbaijani descent who falsely equate the tragedy in Khojaly to genocide. It is clearly not a genocide. It is a tragedy. But one thing is for certain. The prominent Azerbaijani journalist, who died in a very young age, Chingiz Mustafayev, documented the Khojaly tragedy. And his video documentation clearly shows that Armenian forces had forewarned Azerbaijani citizens, Azerbaijanis who were living in Khojaly, days in advance that there was going to be a lot of.. of.. of.. of.. fierce fighting in Khojaly. And they were warned. The corridor was also opened by the Armenian troops to allow for civilians to pass through, Azerbaijani civilians. Many civilians did pass through, but many did not. And Mustafayev and there are other journalists, Azeri journalists who attested to the fact that many Azerbaijanis were killed because they did not leave when that corridor was available to them."
Indeed, this human being, one of the leaders of the Armenian lobby in America, acknowledges the killing of the Azerbaijani civilians by Armenian armed forces in Khojaly, and uses a very ludicrous argument to justify and whitewash this crime in his own way. How can you justify the brutal murder of innocent people - women, children and the elderly?
In fact, one of the leaders of the Armenian lobby in the US admitted that the civilian population of Azerbaijan’s Khojaly town was killed by Armenian armed forces.
Related news releases
- 22.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev sends letter to Pakistani counterpart
- 22.03.2018PACE co-rapporteurs to observe presidential election in Azerbaijan
- 19.03.2018Turkish FM to visit Azerbaijan in April
- 19.03.2018Azerbaijani official: Presidential election in Russia was transparent, democratic
- 19.03.2018Ilham Aliyev holds phone talk with Vladimir Putin
- 19.03.201883.3% of Azerbaijanis living in Russia voted for Putin
- 19.03.2018Iranian citizens to receive visas at Azerbaijani airports
- 19.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev congratulates Vladimir Putin on winning presidential election
- 18.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev met with OPEC Secretary General - UPDATED
- 18.03.2018President of Moldova: "Global dialogues in Azerbaijan contribute to the reduction of international tension"
- 17.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev congratulates Chinese counterpart on re-election as President
- 17.03.2018Two panels held on third day of 6th Global Baku Forum
- 16.03.2018China’s foreign policy mulled at 6th Global Baku Forum
- 16.03.2018Azerbaijani, Jordanian FMs exchange letters marking 25th anniversary of diplomatic ties
- 16.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev receives president of Paraguayan Senate - UPDATED
- 16.03.2018Security in the Balkans discussed at Global Baku Forum
- 16.03.2018Moldova nearing solution to Transnistrian conflict: President Dodon
- 16.03.2018Gennady Burbulis: I hope Azerbaijan, Armenia will come to agreement
- 16.03.2018Ex-PM Lagumdzija: Azerbaijani president’s visit to Bosnia and Herzegovina to open new page for co-op in many areas
- 16.03.2018Moldovan president: Geopolitical competition on the rise worldwide
- 16.03.2018South-West transport corridor project has great future, says Azerbaijani FM
- 16.03.2018Albania stands by Azerbaijan in Karabakh conflict – president
- 16.03.2018Situation in Middle East discussed at 6th Global Baku Forum
- 16.03.2018Turkish MFA: Zurich protocols benefited Armenia more than Turkey
- 16.03.2018Albania, Azerbaijan enjoy good relations: ex-president
- 16.03.2018Some states testing new weapons in Syria, ex-Lebanese PM claims
- 16.03.2018Working group set up to bring Azerbaijani citizens back from Iraq
- 16.03.2018Azerbaijani FM stresses need for reforms in UN
- 16.03.2018Turkish MP’s health deteriorates during speech at Global Baku Forum
- 16.03.2018Lebanon’s ex-PM: Unresolved Palestinian conflict lies at root of developments in region
- 15.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev receives Iranian FM - UPDATED
- 15.03.2018US Ambassador to Azerbaijan Cekuta to leave his position in late March
- 15.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev meets with member of Bosnia and Herzegovina Presidency - UPDATED
- 15.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev presents “Dostlug” Order to UNESCO goodwill ambassador
- 15.03.2018First VP Mehriban Aliyeva meets president of Marianna V. Vardinoyannis Foundation
- 15.03.2018First VP Mehriban Aliyeva meets Italian Senate's VP
- 15.03.2018Azerbaijani president meets with Albanian counterpart - UPDATED
- 15.03.2018Ilham Aliyev sends congratulatory letter to Angela Merkel
- 15.03.2018Azerbaijan’s First VP Mehriban Aliyeva meets with Turkish PM
- 15.03.2018Respect for int’l law will further strengthen respect for territorial integrity of countries: Iranian FM
- 02.03.2018Vladimir Putin offers condolences to Ilham Aliyev
- 02.03.2018Georgian Foreign Ministry expresses condolences over deadly fire in Baku drug abuse treatment center
- 02.03.2018Russia comments on delay in appointment of new ambassador to Azerbaijan
- 02.03.2018NATO PA secretary general praises Azerbaijan’s contributions to NATO operations
- 01.03.2018Mammadyarov, Lavrov discuss bilateral relations in phone call
- 01.03.2018Brock Bierman: USAID has longstanding partnership with Azerbaijani gov’t