Ukrainian police take control of hijacking of Azerbaijani trucks – embassy
The National Police of Ukraine (NPU) have taken control of the hijacking of trucks carrying products of Azerbaijani companies, Azerbaijan’s Embassy in Ukraine told APA.
Azerbaijan’s Embassy has appealed to Ukrainian law enforcement bodies over the incident, calling for a thorough investigation into the matter.
The embassy stated that Azerbaijani Ambassador Azer Khudiyev during a phone conversation with senior officials of Ukraine’s law enforcement bodies expressed the concern of the Azerbaijani side.
Head of the NPU Criminal Investigation Department, Police Lieutenant-Colonel Roman Kravchenko came to the Azerbaijan Embassy and discussed the matter with Police Colonel Shahin Gojayev, representative of Azerbaijan’s Interior Ministry in Ukraine, added the embassy.
“They discussed the fact that trucks carrying cargos of Araz Supermarket LLC, Azersun Holding, Veyseloglu company didn’t arrive in the planned address, stressing the need to take the necessary measures in this regard,” said the Azerbaijani embassy. “Roman Kravchenko said that there have been several such cases caused by fraudulent groups which offer via Internet a cheap transportation of goods, but serious investigations are underway in this regard. He pledged that the fraudsters will soon be identified and goods belonging to Azerbaijani companies will be found and returned,” said the embassy.
The embassy called on Azerbaijani companies cooperating with Ukraine not to succumb to encouraging proposals of fake and fraudulent companies which offer via Internet a cheap transportation of goods.
Related news releases
- 20.01.2018Working group on Caspian legal status to meet in February
- 20.01.2018Azerbaijan, Georgia to hold talks on border delimitation
- 20.01.2018Azerbaijan, Russia to discuss state border demarcation
- 19.01.2018PACE Sub-Committee on Conflicts to be reconstituted
- 19.01.2018Azerbaijani delegation to attend PACE winter session
- 19.01.2018Azerbaijani president offers condolences to Uzbek counterpart
- 18.01.2018Azerbaijani president to address Davos Economic Forum
- 17.01.2018EU-Azerbaijan comprehensive agreement to be discussed at European Parliament
- 17.01.2018PUIC starts its 13th Session
- 17.01.2018Azerbaijani and French FMs met in Paris - UPDATED
- 16.01.2018Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan, Turkey to continue to implement major projects this year - UPDATED
- 16.01.2018Bulgarian PM completes Azerbaijan visit
- 15.01.2018President Ilham Aliyev: Bulgaria and Azerbaijan will continue to cooperate successfully
- 15.01.2018President Ilham Aliyev has dinner with Bulgarian PM Boyko Borissov
- 15.01.2018Azerbaijani president, Bulgarian PM make press statements
- 15.01.2018Azerbaijani FM to meet with French counterpart
- 15.01.2018Azerbaijani president, Bulgarian PM hold expanded meeting
- 15.01.2018Azerbaijani president holds one-on-one meeting with Bulgarian PM
- 15.01.2018Iran’s Rouhani to visit Baku late March
- 15.01.2018Azerbaijan-Moldova intergovernmental commission on economic co-op to meet in first half of 2018
- 15.01.2018Russia says satisfied with strategic partnership with Azerbaijan
- 15.01.2018President Ilham Aliyev offers condolences to Iranian counterpart
- 13.01.2018Azerbaijan stands firmly next to Turkey on all regional issues – envoy
- 12.01.2018Kestutis Jankauskas: "Negotiations on the aviation agreement between Azerbaijan and the EU are almost completed"
- 12.01.2018Azerbaijani, Swiss presidents to meet in Davos
- 12.01.2018Azerbaijan highly values Italy’s willingness to take responsibility of chairing OSCE at challenging period
- 11.01.2018Azerbaijan joins Framework Agreement on Facilitation of Cross-border Paperless Trade in Asia and the Pacific
- 10.01.2018President Ilham Aliyev extends condolences over death Georgia’s first ambassador to Azerbaijan
- 09.01.2018Bulgarian president phones President Ilham Aliyev
- 08.01.2018President Ilham Aliyev receives credentials of incoming ambassadors - UPDATED
- 08.01.2018NATO official comments on upcoming high-level meeting with Russia in Baku
- 05.01.2018Samad Seyidov comments on change in composition of Azerbaijani delegation to PACE
- 04.01.2018Patriarch Kirill sends congratulatory letter to President Ilham Aliyev
- 04.01.2018Staff of Azerbaijani delegation to PACE changed - UPDATED
- 03.01.2018Azerbaijan and EU to hold next round of negotiations in February
- 30.12.2017We hope that conflict between Azerbaijan and Armenia will be resolved in 2018 – Iranian spokesman
- 30.12.2017Putin congratulates Azerbaijani president
- 29.12.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives letter from Georgian counterpart
- 29.12.2017Azerbaijani MPs slam Georgia’s intention to provide Armenia with access to Russia
- 29.12.2017Ambassador: Azerbaijan-Georgia economic cooperation yet to reach its potential - INTERVIEW
- 21.04.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives FIDE president - UPDATED
- 22.04.2017Azerbaijani president receives former Austrian president
- 22.04.2017Delegation of Azerbaijani parliament to attend PACE spring session
- 20.04.2017Top official: Azerbaijan has become leader in South Caucasus
- 19.04.2017Azerbaijan, Georgia hold consultations on state border delimitation
- 19.04.2017Azerbaijan gets status of guest at OECD Development Assistance Committee