Terrorists will not be allowed to turn Islam into tool in their hands: Turkish FM
Terrorists will not be allowed to turn Islam into a tool in their hands, Turkish Foreign Minister Mevlut Cavusoglu said at a joint press conference following the trilateral meeting with his Azerbaijani and Pakistani counterparts in Baku on Nov. 30, APA reports.
“Turkey and Pakistan are in fight against numerous terrorist organizations. We will not allow terrorists to turn Islam into a tool in their hands,” said Cavusoglu.
He said that today’s trilateral meeting was aimed at finding ways to further develop ties between the three countries.
Cavusoglu underscored the need to increase the trade turnover between Turkey, Azerbaijan and Pakistan.
“In particular, we can strengthen our cooperation in the defense sphere. We are not opponents in this area, we complement each other,” he added.
Cavusoglu also reiterated Turkey’s support for Azerbaijan and Pakistan in Nagorno-Karabakh and Kashmir conflicts.
“We should always demonstrate solidarity in the settlement of the Karabakh, Kashmir and Cyprus issues,” he noted.
He went on to say that the 7th Ministerial Conference of the Heart of Asia – Istanbul Process (HoA-IP) will be held in Baku on December 1.
“Azerbaijan is gradually strengthening its role in the world. We are thinking of raising this ministerial format to the level of the presidents,” Cavusoglu concluded.
Related news releases
- 16.12.2017President Ilham Aliyev congratulates Kazakh leader
- 15.12.2017Qatar National Day marked in Baku
- 14.12.2017First Vice-President Mehriban Aliyeva met with delegation led by UK Minister of State for Trade and Export Promotion
- 14.12.2017First VP Mehriban Aliyeva meets with UK Minister of State for Trade and Export Promotion
- 14.12.2017Bahar Muradova: Europe tends to react only when itself faced with threat
- 13.12.2017Ambassador: Kazakhstan and Azerbaijan are strategic partners
- 13.12.2017‘Jerusalem has not been abandoned,’ Erdogan says
- 13.12.2017OIC member states recognize E. Jerusalem as Palestine’s capital
- 13.12.2017Ilham Aliyev: U.S. should reconsider its decision on Jerusalem
- 13.12.2017U.S. provides over $30.8 million for mine and UXO clearance in Azerbaijan
- 13.12.2017Mahmoud Abbas rules out U.S. mediator role in Palestine-Israel peace process
- 13.12.2017Turkey’s Erdogan calls for recognition of Jerusalem as ‘occupied capital of Palestine’
- 13.12.2017Erdogan calls Israel an ‘occupying and terror state’
- 13.12.2017OIC summit on Jerusalem kicks off in Istanbul
- 13.12.2017OIC FMs meet in Istanbul to discuss Jerusalem issue
- 12.12.2017President Ilham Aliyev arrives in Turkey
- 12.12.2017Iran’s Rouhani to visit Azerbaijan next year
- 12.12.2017ECHR: Armenia has to pay for damage to Azerbaijani IDPs
- 12.12.2017Caucasian Muslims Office issues statement on al-Quds
- 12.12.2017Kazakh President Nazarbayev to propose date for Caspian summit
- 12.12.2017Deputy FM says he doesn’t believe in Azerbaijan’s accession to WTO in coming years
- 12.12.2017Azerbaijan says issues on aviation agreement with EU can be resolved in early 2018
- 12.12.2017Azerbaijan, Georgia to continue negotiations on border delimitation early next year
- 12.12.2017Caspian states to sign separate agreement on water surface division
- 12.12.2017No middle line or any common principle for division of Caspian seabed: Azerbaijani deputy FM
- 12.12.2017Talks on new Azerbaijan-EU agreement may end by late 2018 – deputy FM
- 11.12.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives Russian State Duma delegation
- 09.12.2017Erdogan invites Ilham Aliyev to attend OIC summit on Jerusalem issue
- 08.12.2017President Aliyev appoints Azerbaijan’s honorary consul to Djibouti
- 08.12.2017Azerbaijan appoints new ambassador to Croatia
- 08.12.2017Azerbaijan recalls ambassador from Tajikistan
- 08.12.2017Russia never requested Azerbaijan for agrément for Georgy Zuev - Lavrov
- 08.12.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives credentials of incoming Sudanese ambassador
- 07.12.2017Elmar Mammadyarov attends the meeting of the GUAM Council of MFA
- 07.12.2017“ASAN Service” is a huge revolution in field of public services – Azerbaijani president
- 07.12.2017Israeli Embassy in Baku reacts to protests over Trump’s Jerusalem declaration
- 07.12.2017UK minister of state for trade to visit Azerbaijan
- 07.12.2017Novruz Mammadov: Azerbaijani public concerned over unfair attitude of certain circles in West and Europe
- 07.12.2017Lavrov: Russia will contribute to search for mutually acceptable solutions to Karabakh conflict
- 07.12.2017President Ilham Aliyev arrives in Guba district
- 30.11.2017Working group on Caspian Sea legal status meet in Moscow
- 30.11.2017Turkey, Azerbaijan consider buying training aircraft from Pakistan, says FM Cavusoglu
- 30.11.2017Cavusoglu: In case of increased threat from Afrin, we won’t hesitate to intervene
- 30.11.2017Azerbaijani, Turkish, Pakistani FMs adopt Baku Declaration - UPDATED
- 30.11.2017Foreign ministers from Caspian states to meet in early December
- 30.11.2017Azerbaijan to buy training aircraft from Pakistan