Terrorists will not be allowed to turn Islam into tool in their hands: Turkish FM
Terrorists will not be allowed to turn Islam into a tool in their hands, Turkish Foreign Minister Mevlut Cavusoglu said at a joint press conference following the trilateral meeting with his Azerbaijani and Pakistani counterparts in Baku on Nov. 30, APA reports.
“Turkey and Pakistan are in fight against numerous terrorist organizations. We will not allow terrorists to turn Islam into a tool in their hands,” said Cavusoglu.
He said that today’s trilateral meeting was aimed at finding ways to further develop ties between the three countries.
Cavusoglu underscored the need to increase the trade turnover between Turkey, Azerbaijan and Pakistan.
“In particular, we can strengthen our cooperation in the defense sphere. We are not opponents in this area, we complement each other,” he added.
Cavusoglu also reiterated Turkey’s support for Azerbaijan and Pakistan in Nagorno-Karabakh and Kashmir conflicts.
“We should always demonstrate solidarity in the settlement of the Karabakh, Kashmir and Cyprus issues,” he noted.
He went on to say that the 7th Ministerial Conference of the Heart of Asia – Istanbul Process (HoA-IP) will be held in Baku on December 1.
“Azerbaijan is gradually strengthening its role in the world. We are thinking of raising this ministerial format to the level of the presidents,” Cavusoglu concluded.
Related news releases
- 21.07.2018“The visit of the Azerbaijani president to France is extremely important from the point of view of ensuring our national interests”
- 21.07.2018Angela Merkel to visit Azerbaijan
- 20.07.2018Azerbaijani president meets with president of French National Assembly - UPDATED
- 20.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev completed France visit
- 20.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev congratulates King Philippe of Belgium
- 20.07.2018Azerbaijani, French presidents discuss settlement of Nagorno Karabakh conflict - UPDATED
- 20.07.2018President Sergio Mattarella’s visit to Azerbaijan in spotlight of Italian media
- 20.07.2018Mehriban Aliyeva: 177 foreign legal entities carry out illegal economic activities in occupied Azerbaijani lands - UPDATED
- 20.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev meets with SADE director general
- 20.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev meets with Executive VP of Bouygues Travaux Publics
- 20.07.2018Ilham Aliyev: Forms of threats to global security becoming more complex, dangerous
- 20.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev meets with CEO of CIFAL Group
- 20.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev meets with Iveco France president
- 20.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev meets with chairman of Rothschild & Co Supervisory Board
- 20.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev meets with Thales International official
- 20.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev met with Managing Director of Wilmotte & Associes Architectes
- 19.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev met with Chief Executive Officer of SUEZ
- 19.07.2018Azerbaijani President Ilham Aliyev met with President of French Senate
- 19.07.2018Azerbaijani President meets with Airbus vice-president for Eurasia
- 19.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev met with Chairman and CEO of Total
- 19.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev met with Chairman and CEO of Naval Group in Paris
- 19.07.2018Azerbaijani President meets with Executive Chairman of French Institute of International Relations in Paris
- 19.07.2018Azerbaijani president arrives in France
- 19.07.2018Sergio Mattarella: Azerbaijan can become ‘the main hero of a new page’ in development of economic potential of three seas
- 19.07.2018Turkish FM expected to visit Azerbaijan
- 19.07.2018Baku hosts Azerbaijan-Italy business forum
- 19.07.2018Sergio Mattarella: "Italy will remain sincere, resolute and loyal partner to Azerbaijan"
- 19.07.2018President of Azerbaijan: "Cooperation between Azerbaijan and Italy successfully develops in all directions"
- 19.07.2018Azerbaijani President signs order on awarding "Shohrat" Order to Laura Mattarella
- 18.07.2018FMs of Caspian states to meet before summit of heads of state
- 18.07.2018Baku urges foreign journalists to respect Azerbaijan’s territorial integrity
- 18.07.2018OSCE/ODIHR releases final report on Azerbaijan’s presidential election
- 18.07.2018Caspian gas ‘very important’ for Europe – Italian president
- 18.07.2018Azerbaijan, Italy ink bilateral documents
- 18.07.2018Presidents of Azerbaijan, Italy hold expanded meeting
- 18.07.2018Azerbaijani, Italian presidents hold one-on-one meeting
- 18.07.2018Italian president welcomed with official ceremony in Azerbaijan
- 17.07.2018Italian President arrives in Azerbaijan for official visit
- 17.07.2018Russia-Azerbaijan ties ‘on the rise’ – new envoy
- 17.07.2018Date set for summit of Caspian states
- 30.11.2017Working group on Caspian Sea legal status meet in Moscow
- 30.11.2017Turkey, Azerbaijan consider buying training aircraft from Pakistan, says FM Cavusoglu
- 30.11.2017Cavusoglu: In case of increased threat from Afrin, we won’t hesitate to intervene
- 30.11.2017Azerbaijani, Turkish, Pakistani FMs adopt Baku Declaration - UPDATED
- 30.11.2017Foreign ministers from Caspian states to meet in early December
- 30.11.2017Azerbaijan to buy training aircraft from Pakistan