Tehran says not satisfied with level of Iran-Azerbaijan economic ties
Tehran is not satisfied with the level of economic relations between Azerbaijan and Iran, Iran’s Foreign Ministry spokesman Bahram Qasemi told APA’s Tehran bureau on Monday.
Commenting on the recent meeting of the Iranian and Azerbaijani presidents in Tehran, the spokesman said the two countries have good relations.
“This meeting was the third meeting between the two presidents. The presidents also had meetings in the context of international meetings,” said Qasemi, adding. “Relations between the two countries are developing. We want to have good neighborly relations with Azerbaijan and we favor peace and stability in the region, especially in a fragile region like the Caucasus.”
He noted that Tehran is not satisfied with the level of economic relations between Azerbaijan and Iran.
"We want to develop these relations. We are holding a discussion about the abolition of the visa regime for Iranian citizens. It is too early to talk about it since it’s a rather complicated issue. We hope that with the support of leaders of both countries, the issue will be resolved in a favorable way," he added.
As for Azerbaijan's good relations with Israel, Qasemi stressed that Baku independently decides on relations with other countries.
Asked to comment on the US support for the establishment of a training center of the Armenian army, Qasemi said the US military presence in the region in recent years has not been positive and successful.
He noted that Washington’s mistakes always lead to problems.
“The effects of some of these mistakes have been felt for years,” said the spokesman, noting that the policy pursued by the US is not effective and has always given negative results.
According to Qasemi, the US military presence, even under any pretext, will not give positive results.
“We recommend the US to take a realistic look at the issues before intervention in any field and allow the countries to solve their problems themselves. We don’t interfere in the affairs of the northern neighbors, as they are independent countries. We advise Armenia and Azerbaijan to solve their problems themselves,” he added.
Related news releases
- 18.12.2017GUAM achieved stable position in international arena – Georgia
- 18.12.2017Tbilisi hosts 10th session of GUAM PA
- 16.12.2017President Ilham Aliyev congratulates Kazakh leader
- 15.12.2017Qatar National Day marked in Baku
- 14.12.2017First Vice-President Mehriban Aliyeva met with delegation led by UK Minister of State for Trade and Export Promotion
- 14.12.2017First VP Mehriban Aliyeva meets with UK Minister of State for Trade and Export Promotion
- 14.12.2017Bahar Muradova: Europe tends to react only when itself faced with threat
- 13.12.2017Ambassador: Kazakhstan and Azerbaijan are strategic partners
- 13.12.2017‘Jerusalem has not been abandoned,’ Erdogan says
- 13.12.2017OIC member states recognize E. Jerusalem as Palestine’s capital
- 13.12.2017Ilham Aliyev: U.S. should reconsider its decision on Jerusalem
- 13.12.2017U.S. provides over $30.8 million for mine and UXO clearance in Azerbaijan
- 13.12.2017Mahmoud Abbas rules out U.S. mediator role in Palestine-Israel peace process
- 13.12.2017Turkey’s Erdogan calls for recognition of Jerusalem as ‘occupied capital of Palestine’
- 13.12.2017Erdogan calls Israel an ‘occupying and terror state’
- 13.12.2017OIC summit on Jerusalem kicks off in Istanbul
- 13.12.2017OIC FMs meet in Istanbul to discuss Jerusalem issue
- 12.12.2017President Ilham Aliyev arrives in Turkey
- 12.12.2017Iran’s Rouhani to visit Azerbaijan next year
- 12.12.2017ECHR: Armenia has to pay for damage to Azerbaijani IDPs
- 12.12.2017Caucasian Muslims Office issues statement on al-Quds
- 12.12.2017Kazakh President Nazarbayev to propose date for Caspian summit
- 12.12.2017Deputy FM says he doesn’t believe in Azerbaijan’s accession to WTO in coming years
- 12.12.2017Azerbaijan says issues on aviation agreement with EU can be resolved in early 2018
- 12.12.2017Azerbaijan, Georgia to continue negotiations on border delimitation early next year
- 12.12.2017Caspian states to sign separate agreement on water surface division
- 12.12.2017No middle line or any common principle for division of Caspian seabed: Azerbaijani deputy FM
- 12.12.2017Talks on new Azerbaijan-EU agreement may end by late 2018 – deputy FM
- 11.12.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives Russian State Duma delegation
- 09.12.2017Erdogan invites Ilham Aliyev to attend OIC summit on Jerusalem issue
- 08.12.2017President Aliyev appoints Azerbaijan’s honorary consul to Djibouti
- 08.12.2017Azerbaijan appoints new ambassador to Croatia
- 08.12.2017Azerbaijan recalls ambassador from Tajikistan
- 08.12.2017Russia never requested Azerbaijan for agrément for Georgy Zuev - Lavrov
- 08.12.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives credentials of incoming Sudanese ambassador
- 07.12.2017Elmar Mammadyarov attends the meeting of the GUAM Council of MFA
- 07.12.2017“ASAN Service” is a huge revolution in field of public services – Azerbaijani president
- 07.12.2017Israeli Embassy in Baku reacts to protests over Trump’s Jerusalem declaration
- 07.12.2017UK minister of state for trade to visit Azerbaijan
- 07.12.2017Novruz Mammadov: Azerbaijani public concerned over unfair attitude of certain circles in West and Europe
- 06.03.2017Ilham Aliyev: British companies have become more interested in Azerbaijan’s non-oil sector - UPDATED
- 06.03.2017FM: Azerbaijani people concerned over growing trend of Islamophobia in West
- 06.03.2017UK says no major changes expected in relations with South Caucasus countries after Brexit
- 06.03.2017Azerbaijani, Russian FMs meet in Moscow
- 06.03.2017Exhibition devoted to 25th anniversary of Azerbaijan-Russia diplomatic ties opens in Moscow
- 06.03.2017OSCE MG co-chairs to visit Azerbaijan this week