Tehran says not satisfied with level of Iran-Azerbaijan economic ties
Tehran is not satisfied with the level of economic relations between Azerbaijan and Iran, Iran’s Foreign Ministry spokesman Bahram Qasemi told APA’s Tehran bureau on Monday.
Commenting on the recent meeting of the Iranian and Azerbaijani presidents in Tehran, the spokesman said the two countries have good relations.
“This meeting was the third meeting between the two presidents. The presidents also had meetings in the context of international meetings,” said Qasemi, adding. “Relations between the two countries are developing. We want to have good neighborly relations with Azerbaijan and we favor peace and stability in the region, especially in a fragile region like the Caucasus.”
He noted that Tehran is not satisfied with the level of economic relations between Azerbaijan and Iran.
"We want to develop these relations. We are holding a discussion about the abolition of the visa regime for Iranian citizens. It is too early to talk about it since it’s a rather complicated issue. We hope that with the support of leaders of both countries, the issue will be resolved in a favorable way," he added.
As for Azerbaijan's good relations with Israel, Qasemi stressed that Baku independently decides on relations with other countries.
Asked to comment on the US support for the establishment of a training center of the Armenian army, Qasemi said the US military presence in the region in recent years has not been positive and successful.
He noted that Washington’s mistakes always lead to problems.
“The effects of some of these mistakes have been felt for years,” said the spokesman, noting that the policy pursued by the US is not effective and has always given negative results.
According to Qasemi, the US military presence, even under any pretext, will not give positive results.
“We recommend the US to take a realistic look at the issues before intervention in any field and allow the countries to solve their problems themselves. We don’t interfere in the affairs of the northern neighbors, as they are independent countries. We advise Armenia and Azerbaijan to solve their problems themselves,” he added.
Related news releases
- 23.03.2017Pakistan, Azerbaijan enjoy excellent bilateral ties – envoy
- 23.03.2017Azerbaijan strongly condemns London terror attack
- 22.03.2017President Ilham Aliyev congratulates his counterpart Mamnoon Hussain on Pakistan Day
- 18.03.2017President Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan submitted draft agreement to European Commission
- 18.03.2017Man shot after attack at Paris Orly airport
- 18.03.2017Azerbaijani President congratulates his Tunisian counterpart
- 18.03.2017Mevlut Cavusoglu: Baku-Tbilisi-Kars railway project to be launched in two months
- 18.03.2017Nowruz festivities held in Washington
- 17.03.2017Mehriban Aliyeva meet with delgation headed by Iranian Minister
- 17.03.2017Ilham Aliyev meets chairman of Bosnia and Herzegovina Presidency - UPDATED
- 17.03.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives Saudi prince - UPDATED
- 17.03.2017Fifth Global Baku Forum underway
- 17.03.2017Azerbaijani president’s messages to French society and president: - OPINION
- 17.03.2017Ilham Aliyev receives Iran’s ICT minister - UPDATED
- 17.03.2017Trial proceeds for Azerbaijani ministry's ex-official
- 17.03.2017Azerbaijan’s Foreign Ministry summons Greek ambassador
- 17.03.2017Baku Forum features session on future of Europe
- 17.03.2017Slovenia’s ex-president calls for reconsideration of Eastern Partnership principles
- 17.03.2017China’s role in int’l relations highlighted at Baku forum
- 17.03.2017Albania fully supports Azerbaijan’s territorial integrity, says president
- 17.03.2017Baku hosts senior officials’ meeting of Istanbul Process
- 16.03.2017Azerbaijan, France celebrate 25th anniversary of diplomatic relations
- 16.03.2017Kemaleddin Heydarov meets Iran’s ICT minister
- 16.03.2017President Ilham Aliyev praises close co-op between Azerbaijan, Georgia - UPDATED
- 16.03.2017President Ilham Aliyev meets Albanian counterpart
- 16.03.2017President Ilham Aliyev meets Latvian counterpart - UPDATED
- 16.03.2017President Ilham Aliyev meets Montenegrin counterpart
- 16.03.2017Azerbaijan's First VP Mehriban Aliyeva meets Macedonian first lady
- 16.03.2017President Ilham Aliyev meets Macedonian counterpart
- 16.03.2017First VP Mehriban Aliyeva meets UNESCO Goodwill Ambassador Marianna Vardinoyannis
- 16.03.2017First VP Mehriban Aliyeva meets former Latvian president
- 16.03.2017Bulgaria’s ex-president: Solution to int’l conflicts is not dependent on conflict parties only
- 16.03.2017Latvia, Azerbaijan enjoy very good relations – President Vejonis
- 16.03.2017Ex-Bulgarian president urges Armenia to fulfill UN resolutions on Nagorno-Karabakh
- 16.03.2017Latvian president: Political will needed to resolve all conflicts
- 16.03.2017Azerbaijan turned into a host of int’l events: ex-Polish president
- 16.03.2017Saudi prince urges implementation of resolutions on Palestine, Nagorno-Karabakh
- 16.03.2017No alternative to European integration for Albania, president says
- 16.03.2017Baku – right place for holding int’l forums
- 16.03.2017Macedonian president: We are on threshold of birth of ‘a new world’
- 06.03.2017Ilham Aliyev: British companies have become more interested in Azerbaijan’s non-oil sector - UPDATED
- 06.03.2017FM: Azerbaijani people concerned over growing trend of Islamophobia in West
- 06.03.2017UK says no major changes expected in relations with South Caucasus countries after Brexit
- 06.03.2017Azerbaijani, Russian FMs meet in Moscow
- 06.03.2017Exhibition devoted to 25th anniversary of Azerbaijan-Russia diplomatic ties opens in Moscow
- 06.03.2017OSCE MG co-chairs to visit Azerbaijan this week