Tehran says not satisfied with level of Iran-Azerbaijan economic ties
Tehran is not satisfied with the level of economic relations between Azerbaijan and Iran, Iran’s Foreign Ministry spokesman Bahram Qasemi told APA’s Tehran bureau on Monday.
Commenting on the recent meeting of the Iranian and Azerbaijani presidents in Tehran, the spokesman said the two countries have good relations.
“This meeting was the third meeting between the two presidents. The presidents also had meetings in the context of international meetings,” said Qasemi, adding. “Relations between the two countries are developing. We want to have good neighborly relations with Azerbaijan and we favor peace and stability in the region, especially in a fragile region like the Caucasus.”
He noted that Tehran is not satisfied with the level of economic relations between Azerbaijan and Iran.
"We want to develop these relations. We are holding a discussion about the abolition of the visa regime for Iranian citizens. It is too early to talk about it since it’s a rather complicated issue. We hope that with the support of leaders of both countries, the issue will be resolved in a favorable way," he added.
As for Azerbaijan's good relations with Israel, Qasemi stressed that Baku independently decides on relations with other countries.
Asked to comment on the US support for the establishment of a training center of the Armenian army, Qasemi said the US military presence in the region in recent years has not been positive and successful.
He noted that Washington’s mistakes always lead to problems.
“The effects of some of these mistakes have been felt for years,” said the spokesman, noting that the policy pursued by the US is not effective and has always given negative results.
According to Qasemi, the US military presence, even under any pretext, will not give positive results.
“We recommend the US to take a realistic look at the issues before intervention in any field and allow the countries to solve their problems themselves. We don’t interfere in the affairs of the northern neighbors, as they are independent countries. We advise Armenia and Azerbaijan to solve their problems themselves,” he added.
Related news releases
- 18.08.2017President Ilham Aliyev congratulates Afghan counterpart
- 18.08.2017Bolivia expresses support for Azerbaijan’s territorial integrity and sovereignty
- 18.08.2017Turkish president to visit Azerbaijan
- 18.08.2017President Ilham Aliyev offers condolences to King of Spain
- 18.08.2017No Azerbaijani nationals among Barcelona terror attack victims
- 18.08.2017Azerbaijan strongly condemns Barcelona terror attack
- 17.08.2017Children of some countries’ presidents and ex-presidents to attend Baku forum
- 17.08.2017Indonesia’s Independence Day celebrated in Baku
- 16.08.2017Vladimir Dorokhin: Number of Azerbaijanis studying in Russia increases day by day
- 14.08.2017Ambassador: Pakistan-Azerbaijan relations higher than strategic partnership
- 12.08.2017Azerbaijani president offers condolences to Egyptian president
- 09.08.2017Azerbaijani president receives Chairman of Belarusian State Border Committee
- 09.08.2017Turkmen president departs from Azerbaijan
- 08.08.2017Azerbaijani president congratulates president of Singapore
- 08.08.2017Turkmen President Gurbanguly Berdimuhamedov pays respect to Azerbaijan's national leader Heydar Aliyev
- 08.08.2017Status of Caspian Sea discussed during meeting of Azerbaijani PM and Turkmen president
- 08.08.2017Berdimuhamedov: ‘Turkmenistan and Azerbaijan stand for transforming Caspian Sea into source of stability’
- 08.08.2017President Ilham Aliyev: ‘Turkmenistan-Azerbaijan relations at highest level’
- 08.08.2017Berdimuhamedov: ‘Turkmenistan, Azerbaijan stand for preserving int’l and regional security’
- 08.08.2017Azerbaijan president: ‘We want lasting stability and peace in the region’
- 08.08.2017Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan-Turkmenistan co-op will deepen - UPDATED
- 08.08.2017Azerbaijani, Turkmen presidents make statement to the press
- 08.08.2017Azerbaijan, Turkmenistan sign documents
- 08.08.2017Gurbanguly Berdimuhamedov: ‘Turkmen-Azerbaijani relations experiencing new stage’
- 08.08.2017Ambassador: ‘Nawaz Sharif's dismissal will not affect Pakistan's relations with other countries’
- 08.08.2017Ambassador: ‘Azerbaijan-Pakistan military coop developing in upward trend’
- 08.08.2017Azerbaijani, Turkmen presidents hold meeting in expanded format
- 08.08.2017Turkmen president arrives in Azerbaijan for official visit
- 08.08.2017Tajikistan appoints new ambassador to Azerbaijan
- 05.08.2017Turkmen president to visit Azerbaijan
- 04.08.2017Ogtay Asadov to attend Rouhani’s oath-taking ceremony in Iran
- 03.08.2017Azerbaijani president calls for unity among Muslim nations
- 03.08.2017Indonesia will always support Azerbaijan in Nagorno-Karabakh issue – ambassador
- 03.08.2017EU allocates € 13.5M to Azerbaijan’s Lankaran
- 01.08.2017ECHR initiates communication upon lawsuit filed by spouses of Dilgam Asgarov and Shahbaz Guliyev
- 31.07.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives Arizona House of Representatives Speaker
- 31.07.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives credentials of incoming ambassador of Burkina Faso
- 27.07.2017Israeli embassy comments on Lapshin’s request
- 25.07.2017Ilham Aliyev congratulates presidents of Liberia and Maldives
- 24.07.2017Azerbaijani, Hungarian FMs meet
- 06.03.2017Ilham Aliyev: British companies have become more interested in Azerbaijan’s non-oil sector - UPDATED
- 06.03.2017FM: Azerbaijani people concerned over growing trend of Islamophobia in West
- 06.03.2017UK says no major changes expected in relations with South Caucasus countries after Brexit
- 06.03.2017Azerbaijani, Russian FMs meet in Moscow
- 06.03.2017Exhibition devoted to 25th anniversary of Azerbaijan-Russia diplomatic ties opens in Moscow
- 06.03.2017OSCE MG co-chairs to visit Azerbaijan this week