Russia, Turkey and Iran make joint statement on results of Moscow meeting - UPDATED
Russia, Turkey and Iran made joint statement on results of Moscow meeting on solution of the Syrian conflict, Russian Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov said at the press conference on the results of the trilateral meeting of Foreign Ministers of Russia, Turkey and Iran.
‘We made joint statement today. The statement reflects results of our meeting. Anyway, we support political and diplomatic solution of Syria crisis on the basis of UN SC resolution 2254 and recommendations of The Syrian national dialogue congress in Sochi’, Russian FM said.
Trilateral meeting of Russian, Turkish and Iranian Foreign Ministers is being held in Moscow within the Astana process on regulation of Syrian conflict. APA’s Moscow correspondent reports that ways to regulate Syrian conflict, works done and to be done within Astana process are being discussed at the meeting.
Sergey Lavrov said that collective measures should be taken within the Astana process: ‘We hope that we’ll discuss current situation in Syria and extra steps towards peace and stability. Results of the meetings within Astana process caused reduction in violence in Syria and progress in the humanitarian situation. Of course, joint efforts in this direction should continue’.
Iranian FM Mohammad Javad Zarif said that Russia, Iran and Turkey did a lot of things for solution of Syrian conflict: ‘These things caused great successes during 1.5 year. I’d like to underline meetings within Astana process. We are insisting on peaceful solution of Syrian conflict. Fight against international terrorism is an international responsibility. Solution of this conflict by war does not exist. Everyone should attempt to solve this problem in political ways. Solution of conflict via war will increase pain of Syrian people. Foreign interference will increase tension in Syria. Syria’s territorial integrity, independence and sovereignty are important. This position unites our countries in Astana process. I hope that we’ll continue to help Syria achieve this political goal’.
Turkish Fm Movlut Chavushoglu spoke about works done in Syria thanks cooperation within Astana process. He noted that ceasefire and determination of demobilized zone was achieved within this process: ‘Our goal is to achieve solution of Syrian conflict in a political way. This is the best way. Armed way is not legal and sustainable. Recent events show that our joint works need extra stimuli’.
Then the meeting went on without participation of press representatives.
- 26.05.2018Ogtay Asadov attends events dedicated to centenary of first Georgian republic
- 26.05.2018Emmanuel Macron: France to do its utmost for fair resolution of Nagorno-Karabakh conflict
- 26.05.2018Italian president congratulates Ilham Aliyev
- 26.05.2018Finnish President congratulates Ilham Aliyev
- 26.05.2018Azerbaijan’s parliamentary speaker starts visit to Georgia
- 26.05.2018San Diego proclaims May 28 as “100th Anniversary of the Azerbaijan Democratic Republic Day”
- 26.05.2018Mayor of Cleveland signs proclamation designating May 28 as Centennial Celebration of the Azerbaijan Democratic Republic
- 25.05.2018Leaders of some countries congratulate Azerbaijani president
- 25.05.2018Japan’s Emperor Akihito congratulates President Ilham Aliyev
- 25.05.2018Jamestown Foundation dedicates article to centenary of Azerbaijani Democratic Republic
- 25.05.2018Los Angeles celebrates 100th anniversary of Azerbaijan Democratic Republic
- 24.05.2018Consultations held in Astana concerning Caspian legal status
- 24.05.2018Chinese president: Azerbaijan’s int’l status and influence growing day after day
- 24.05.2018Putin: Azerbaijan enjoys great authority in int’l community
- 24.05.2018Azerbaijani president pardons 634 people - UPDATED
- 24.05.2018Ambassador: French FM’s upcoming visit to Azerbaijan will be contribution to ADR centenary
- 24.05.2018Donald Trump sends congratulatory letter to Ilham Aliyev
- 23.05.2018Stefan Schennach: Samad Seyidov has to be replaced in PACE June session
- 23.05.2018Turkmen, Ukrainian leaders congratulate Azerbaijani president
- 23.05.2018Turkey’s Erdogan congratulates President Ilham Aliyev
- 23.05.2018Russian PM congratulates President Ilham Aliyev
- 23.05.2018Georgian gov’t won’t oppose public opinion and agree to open alternative route to Armenia – political analyst
- 23.05.2018Mayor of Las Vegas signs proclamation on 100th anniversary of Azerbaijan Democratic Republic
- 22.05.2018EU, Azerbaijan to hold talks on new agreement in late May
- 22.05.2018King of Saudi Arabia congratulates President Ilham Aliyev
- 22.05.2018Queen Elizabeth II congratulates President Ilham Aliyev
- 22.05.2018Leaders of some countries congratulate Azerbaijani president
- 22.05.2018Serbian president ends official visit to Azerbaijan
- 22.05.2018Azerbaijani Foreign Ministry holds expanded meeting
- 22.05.2018George Tsereteli: No decision on OSCE PA’s special rep. for South Caucasus
- 22.05.2018OSCE PA President: Enough resources for constructive cooperation with Azerbaijan - INTERVIEW
- 22.05.2018California Governor congratulates Azerbaijan on 100th anniversary of ADR
- 21.05.2018Vucic: Serbia intends to develop co-op with Azerbaijan in all spheres
- 21.05.2018Ilham Aliyev: Relations with Serbia of great importance to Azerbaijan
- 21.05.2018Aleksandar Vucic: Much remains to be done in Serbia in terms of Azerbaijan’s interests
- 21.05.2018President Vucic: Serbia is friendly country to Azerbaijan
- 21.05.2018Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan-Serbia ties will continue to develop successfully
- 21.05.2018Azerbaijani, Serbian presidents make press statements
- 21.05.2018Azerbaijan, Serbia ink several documents
- 21.05.2018Presidents of Azerbaijan, Serbia hold expanded meeting
- 30.04.2018Uzbekistan to join Cooperation Council of Turkic-Speaking States
- 01.05.2018San Marino state secretary for foreign affairs to visit Azerbaijan
- 01.05.2018Ambassador: TAP is a priority issue for Italy
- 28.04.2018Ali Hasanov reveals goal of new anti-Azerbaijan campaign at PACE
- 28.04.2018Lavrov: Russia, Turkey and Iran are interested in Syria’s remaining as a single state
- 28.04.2018Iran, Russia to continue cooperation on nuclear deal — top diplomat