Russia’s ruling party: Russia, Azerbaijan strategic partners within CIS
Russia and Azerbaijan are strategic partners within the CIS and successfully cooperation within international organizations, said Vyacheslav Nikonov, head of the ruling United Russia party.
He made the remarks at the opening ceremony of the exhibition marking the 25th anniversary of the establishment of diplomatic relations between Russia and Azerbaijan in Moscow on Wednesday, an APA correspondent reported from Moscow.
“I've been to Baku many times. Modern Baku is a completely different city. Azerbaijan is developing dynamically. I hope that Russia and Azerbaijan will follow the path of development together. We are always glad for friendship and cooperation with Azerbaijan,” added Nikonov.
Addressing the event, Communist Party chairman Gennady Zyuganov said that holding an exhibition devoted to Azerbaijan in the Russian State Duma on the eve of the 75th anniversary of the victory in the Battle of Stalingrad is symbolic in nature.
“Azerbaijani oil played a big part in our victory in this war. We do not forget that. Russia has always enjoyed good and sincere relations with Azerbaijan. We must make sure that these relations become even stronger,” he noted.
Just Russia party leader Sergei Mironov said in his speech that this exhibition is not only a cultural but also an important political event.
The chairman of the State Duma’s Committee on International Affairs, Leonid Slutsky, spoke about the inter-parliamentary relations between the two countries.
"The two countries’ parliaments closely cooperate and will continue to cooperate within international organizations," he added.
Azerbaijan-Russia relations are at a high level, said Seyidov, noting that the two countries share similar positions in the international arena.
"Today, Russian language teaching in Azerbaijan is at a high level because it is our shared history and value. The exhibition also shows that humanitarian cooperation between our countries is of great importance,” the Azerbaijani lawmaker added.
Related news releases
- 26.05.2018Azerbaijan’s parliamentary speaker starts visit to Georgia
- 26.05.2018San Diego proclaims May 28 as “100th Anniversary of the Azerbaijan Democratic Republic Day”
- 26.05.2018Mayor of Cleveland signs proclamation designating May 28 as Centennial Celebration of the Azerbaijan Democratic Republic
- 25.05.2018Leaders of some countries congratulate Azerbaijani president
- 25.05.2018Japan’s Emperor Akihito congratulates President Ilham Aliyev
- 25.05.2018Jamestown Foundation dedicates article to centenary of Azerbaijani Democratic Republic
- 25.05.2018Los Angeles celebrates 100th anniversary of Azerbaijan Democratic Republic
- 24.05.2018Consultations held in Astana concerning Caspian legal status
- 24.05.2018Chinese president: Azerbaijan’s int’l status and influence growing day after day
- 24.05.2018Putin: Azerbaijan enjoys great authority in int’l community
- 24.05.2018Azerbaijani president pardons 634 people - UPDATED
- 24.05.2018Ambassador: French FM’s upcoming visit to Azerbaijan will be contribution to ADR centenary
- 24.05.2018Donald Trump sends congratulatory letter to Ilham Aliyev
- 23.05.2018Stefan Schennach: Samad Seyidov has to be replaced in PACE June session
- 23.05.2018Turkmen, Ukrainian leaders congratulate Azerbaijani president
- 23.05.2018Turkey’s Erdogan congratulates President Ilham Aliyev
- 23.05.2018Russian PM congratulates President Ilham Aliyev
- 23.05.2018Georgian gov’t won’t oppose public opinion and agree to open alternative route to Armenia – political analyst
- 23.05.2018Mayor of Las Vegas signs proclamation on 100th anniversary of Azerbaijan Democratic Republic
- 22.05.2018EU, Azerbaijan to hold talks on new agreement in late May
- 22.05.2018King of Saudi Arabia congratulates President Ilham Aliyev
- 22.05.2018Queen Elizabeth II congratulates President Ilham Aliyev
- 22.05.2018Leaders of some countries congratulate Azerbaijani president
- 22.05.2018Serbian president ends official visit to Azerbaijan
- 22.05.2018Azerbaijani Foreign Ministry holds expanded meeting
- 22.05.2018George Tsereteli: No decision on OSCE PA’s special rep. for South Caucasus
- 22.05.2018OSCE PA President: Enough resources for constructive cooperation with Azerbaijan - INTERVIEW
- 22.05.2018California Governor congratulates Azerbaijan on 100th anniversary of ADR
- 21.05.2018Vucic: Serbia intends to develop co-op with Azerbaijan in all spheres
- 21.05.2018Ilham Aliyev: Relations with Serbia of great importance to Azerbaijan
- 21.05.2018Aleksandar Vucic: Much remains to be done in Serbia in terms of Azerbaijan’s interests
- 21.05.2018President Vucic: Serbia is friendly country to Azerbaijan
- 21.05.2018Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan-Serbia ties will continue to develop successfully
- 21.05.2018Azerbaijani, Serbian presidents make press statements
- 21.05.2018Azerbaijan, Serbia ink several documents
- 21.05.2018Presidents of Azerbaijan, Serbia hold expanded meeting
- 21.05.2018Azerbaijani, Serbian presidents hold one-on-one meeting
- 21.05.2018Serbia’s Vucic officially welcomed in Baku
- 21.05.2018Ilham Aliyev: Significant work done towards rapid reduction of unemployment - UPDATED
- 21.05.2018Serbian president arrives in Azerbaijan
- 07.02.2018Ogtay Asadov: If relations all over the world were same as Russia-Azerbaijan relations, there would be no problems
- 07.02.2018Azerbaijan appoints new ambassador to Qatar
- 08.02.2018Azerbaijani FM leaves for Brussels
- 07.02.2018Volodin: Russia, Azerbaijan share common history and future
- 07.02.2018U.S. interested in deepening trade relations with Azerbaijan
- 07.02.2018U.S. says respect for human rights ‘important element’ of bilateral relations