Russia’s ruling party: Russia, Azerbaijan strategic partners within CIS
Russia and Azerbaijan are strategic partners within the CIS and successfully cooperation within international organizations, said Vyacheslav Nikonov, head of the ruling United Russia party.
He made the remarks at the opening ceremony of the exhibition marking the 25th anniversary of the establishment of diplomatic relations between Russia and Azerbaijan in Moscow on Wednesday, an APA correspondent reported from Moscow.
“I've been to Baku many times. Modern Baku is a completely different city. Azerbaijan is developing dynamically. I hope that Russia and Azerbaijan will follow the path of development together. We are always glad for friendship and cooperation with Azerbaijan,” added Nikonov.
Addressing the event, Communist Party chairman Gennady Zyuganov said that holding an exhibition devoted to Azerbaijan in the Russian State Duma on the eve of the 75th anniversary of the victory in the Battle of Stalingrad is symbolic in nature.
“Azerbaijani oil played a big part in our victory in this war. We do not forget that. Russia has always enjoyed good and sincere relations with Azerbaijan. We must make sure that these relations become even stronger,” he noted.
Just Russia party leader Sergei Mironov said in his speech that this exhibition is not only a cultural but also an important political event.
The chairman of the State Duma’s Committee on International Affairs, Leonid Slutsky, spoke about the inter-parliamentary relations between the two countries.
"The two countries’ parliaments closely cooperate and will continue to cooperate within international organizations," he added.
Azerbaijan-Russia relations are at a high level, said Seyidov, noting that the two countries share similar positions in the international arena.
"Today, Russian language teaching in Azerbaijan is at a high level because it is our shared history and value. The exhibition also shows that humanitarian cooperation between our countries is of great importance,” the Azerbaijani lawmaker added.
Related news releases
- 19.02.2018Azerbaijan names new ambassador to Jordan
- 19.02.2018Azerbaijan appoints new consul in Batumi
- 19.02.2018Azerbaijan, Turkmenistan mull energy cooperation
- 19.02.2018Montenegrin president to attend 6th Global Baku Forum
- 19.02.2018ODIHR needs assessment mission to arrive in Baku on Feb. 21 - UPDATED
- 19.02.2018PACE to decide on sending mission for observation of Azerbaijan presidential election in mid-March
- 19.02.2018Ilham Aliyev: Armenia’s hypocritical position is key impediment to achieving progress in Karabakh talks - UPDATED
- 19.02.2018EU special rep. for South Caucasus arrives in Baku
- 17.02.2018Baku hosts event in support of Turkey’s Afrin op
- 16.02.2018Azerbaijani FM attends roundtable at Munich Security Conference
- 16.02.2018Azerbaijani MFA: Armenia's speaking of peace is a 'clear hypocrisy'
- 16.02.2018Baku reacts to Russian MFA spokesperson’s remarks
- 16.02.2018Azerbaijani FM to meet with OSCE chairman
- 16.02.2018Azerbaijan invites int’l observers to monitor upcoming presidential election – EU envoy
- 16.02.201854th Munich Security Conference to start today
- 15.02.2018Azerbaijani president: New agreement with EU to create a new co-op format
- 15.02.2018President Ilham Aliyev offers condolences to Donald Trump
- 15.02.2018Azerbaijani president meets with Italian deputy economic development minister
- 15.02.2018Azerbaijani FM to attend Munich Security Conference
- 15.02.2018Summit of Caspian states to take place in 2H18
- 14.02.2018Azerbaijani president sends congratulatory letter to Serbian counterpart
- 14.02.2018GUAM to send observation mission for upcoming presidential election in Azerbaijan
- 14.02.2018Another member of "Music for Peace" project off Azerbaijan’s ‘black list’
- 14.02.2018Azerbaijan excludes another Russian musician from “blacklist”
- 14.02.2018Ali Hasanov: Legal proceedings to be initiated against organizers, executors of anti-Azerbaijani campaign
- 14.02.2018Russian musician Vitaly Vatulya removed from Azerbaijan’s ‘blacklist’
- 14.02.2018FM: Co-op with EU does not affect Azerbaijan’s friendly ties with Russia
- 14.02.2018Council of Europe receives invitations from Azerbaijan to observe technical preparation meetings for presidential election
- 14.02.2018Azerbaijan one of most active members of PACE – CoE Baku Office
- 14.02.2018FM Mammadyarov: Azerbaijan, EU have some divergent views on issues of trade, tariffs and subsidies
- 14.02.2018FM: Azerbaijan attaches great importance to development of strategic partnership with Russia
- 14.02.2018President Ilham Aliyev receives British PM's trade envoy
- 14.02.2018Azerbaijan removes Argentinean musician from ‘blacklist’
- 14.02.2018President Ilham Aliyev receives US delegation
- 14.02.2018British PM's trade envoy arrives in Azerbaijan
- 13.02.2018Azerbaijan invites PACE to observe presidential election
- 13.02.2018Milan court acquits Luca Volontè accused of political corruption linked to Azerbaijan
- 13.02.2018CIS Inter-Parliamentary Assembly to observe presidential election in Azerbaijan
- 13.02.2018President Ilham Aliyev receives Formula 1 Group CEO
- 12.02.2018Azerbaijan sends invitation to ODIHR for observation of presidential election
- 07.02.2018Ogtay Asadov: If relations all over the world were same as Russia-Azerbaijan relations, there would be no problems
- 07.02.2018Azerbaijan appoints new ambassador to Qatar
- 08.02.2018Azerbaijani FM leaves for Brussels
- 07.02.2018Volodin: Russia, Azerbaijan share common history and future
- 07.02.2018U.S. interested in deepening trade relations with Azerbaijan
- 07.02.2018U.S. says respect for human rights ‘important element’ of bilateral relations