Russia: Lapshin has no complaints about detention conditions
The investigation on the case of blogger Alexander Lapshin continues, and he has made no complaints about conditions of his detention, said Russian Foreign Ministry’s Spokesperson Maria Zakharova at a briefing on Thursday, APA’s Moscow correspondent reported.
She noted that judicial proceedings in Lapshin’s regard are being prepared, adding that the blogger currently receives all the necessary legal assistance.
“Officials of the Russian Embassy in Azerbaijan have recently visited Lapshin. He has made no complaints about conditions of his detention,” said Zakharova.
She added that the Russian Embassy is in constant contact with his lawyer, relatives, as well as the Azerbaijani Prosecutor’s General Office, Foreign Ministry and the Israeli Embassy.
Alexander Lapshin is a citizen of several countries and has had a criminal conspiracy with Armenians living in the occupied Azerbaijani territories. He also illegally visited these territories.
Lapshin is accused of violating Azerbaijani laws on state border in April 2011 and October 2012.
On Jan. 17, Alexei Stuk, deputy prosecutor general of Belarus, issued a ruling on Lapshin’s extradition to Azerbaijan. Lapshin was extradited to Azerbaijan on Feb. 7.
Related news releases
- 23.10.2017Georgia’s prime minister to visit Azerbaijan
- 23.10.2017Top official: PACE seems to have turned into tool in hands of certain circles
- 23.10.2017Azerbaijani official: We had urged countries now faced with separatism to state their stance against separatism
- 23.10.2017Iranian interior minister to visit Azerbaijan
- 23.10.2017Novruz Mammadov: No one in Europe wants Azerbaijan to leave Council of Europe
- 23.10.2017Talks underway to free Azerbaijanis detained in Iraq, diplomat says
- 23.10.2017Azerbaijani FM Mammadyarov leaves for Italy
- 21.10.2017Pan-African Parliament’s President to visit Azerbaijan
- 20.10.2017Kubiv: Positivity in Kiev-Baku relations bothers some inside and outside of Ukraine
- 20.10.2017Austrian ambassador: Azerbaijan and Armenia can not be forced into one way of solution - INTERVIEW
- 20.10.2017Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan’s external debt less than 20% of GDP - UPDATED
- 20.10.2017Azerbaijani president ends visit to Turkey
- 20.10.2017MP Samad Seyidov criticizes Ukrainian colleagues for voting against Azerbaijan at PACE
- 20.10.2017President Ilham Aliyev attends D8 Summit in Istanbul
- 19.10.2017Azerbaijani President met with Iranian First Vice President in Istanbul
- 19.10.2017Azerbaijani president arrives in Turkey
- 19.10.2017Moscow: Main articles of convention on Caspian Sea status agreed
- 19.10.2017Azerbaijani FM receives delegation of Cooperation Council for Arab States of Gulf
- 19.10.2017Baku to host next round of talks on new EU-Azerbaijan deal
- 19.10.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives first vice PM of Ukraine
- 18.10.2017Luxembourgian delegation says the anti-Azerbaijani campaign 'unfair'
- 18.10.2017Azerbaijani president receives CIS Frontier Troops’ Commanders
- 18.10.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives Polish FM - UPDATED
- 18.10.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives delegation of Cooperation Council for Arab States of Gulf - UPDATED
- 18.10.2017Azerbaijani, Polish FMs meet in Baku - UPDATED
- 18.10.2017Azerbaijan hails Poland’s unequivocal stance on principle of territorial integrity
- 18.10.2017Polish FM: Azerbaijan is an energy supplier to Eastern Europe
- 18.10.2017Azerbaijan sees co-op with EU as one of its foreign policy priorities
- 18.10.2017Portugal's interior minister resigns after deadly wildfires
- 18.10.2017FM Mammadyarov: Armenian president’s irresponsibly going beyond joint statement ‘not right’
- 18.10.2017EU: Human trafficking victims are mostly migrants, children and women
- 17.10.2017Mahmoud Abbas congratulates President Aliyev
- 17.10.2017Saudi King congratulates President Aliyev
- 17.10.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives credentials of incoming Greek ambassador
- 17.10.2017Ambassador: US singles out three main directions for implementing economic reforms
- 17.10.2017US assistance to Azerbaijan over past 25 years exceed $1.3 bln – Ambassador Cekuta
- 16.10.2017Azerbaijan seeks to join one of geopolitical groups within Inter-parliamentary Union
- 16.10.2017OPINION: Russia continues to supply modern weapons to occupant Armenia
- 16.10.2017Azerbaijani president ends visit to Switzerland
- 16.10.2017Meeting of Azerbaijani and Armenian presidents took place in constructive atmosphere - STATEMENT
- 02.03.2017Ghulam M. Isaczai: Azerbaijan and UN need each other - INTERVIEW
- 03.03.2017Hajiyev: Much of ‘credit’ goes to Nalbandian for Armenia being unreliable, frivolous country - INTERVIEW
- 03.03.2017EU, Azerbaijan set for new round of talks
- 02.03.2017Azerbaijani FM to visit Moscow on March 6-7
- 02.03.2017Azerbaijan removes Georgian TV reporter from ‘black list’
- 02.03.2017Azerbaijani ambassador meets Russian justice minister