Qatar National Day marked in Baku
On December 14, the Embassy of Qatar in Azerbaijan held an event to mark Qatar National Day.
Addressing the event, Qatar's Ambassador to Azerbaijan Yousef bin Hassan Al-Saai said that the two countries have special relations which are rapidly developing in all spheres, APA reported.
"The relations have been developing well this year,” the diplomat said
Later, Azerbaijan’s Minister of Emergency Situations, Colonel General Kamaladdin Heydarov, who is also the co-chair of the Azerbaijan-Qatar Joint Economic, Trade and Technical Intergovernmental Commission, addressed the event.
“Since the early years of independence, Qatar has passed a successful development path and played an important role in solving regional and global problems,” said Heydarov. “Qatar has also become one of the most competitive and richest economies in the region and the world thanks to its dynamic development.”
The minister noted that Azerbaijan and Qatar enjoy friendly relations and cooperation with good traditions.
“I’m pleased to mention that we have always appreciated Qatar’s support for Azerbaijan's fair position on the settlement of the Nagorno-Karabakh conflict,” he said.
Minister Heydarov recalled that diplomatic relations between Azerbaijan and Qatar were established in 1994, noting that mutual visits at a high-level will serve to strengthen these ties.
He noted that Azerbaijan and Qatar signed a number of agreements and memorandums of understanding in the fields of economy, tourism, agriculture and investment promotion.
“The work done within the framework of the Azerbaijan-Qatar Joint Economic, Trade and Technical Intergovernmental Commission, which was established in April 2018 by the wise decision of both heads of state, made a significant contribution to the successful development of economic and trade relations between the two countries. Since the beginning of 2017, the trade relations between Azerbaijan and Qatar have been expanded and the trade turnover increased by about 30 times, compared to the same period of last year,” added Minister Heydarov.
He also hailed the successful cooperation between Azerbaijan and Qatar in the field of prevention of emergencies and organization of civil defense.
The minister expressed confidence that Azerbaijan and Qatar will further enhance relations both bilaterally and within international organizations.
- 22.01.2018President Ilham Aliyev met with vice president of Chevron Corporation
- 22.01.2018President Ilham Aliyev met with LUKOIL president in Davos
- 22.01.2018President Ilham Aliyev meets with President of the World Economic Forum in Davos - UPDATED
- 22.01.2018Council of Europe Sec. Gen. positively assesses measures taken in Azerbaijan to humanize penalties
- 22.01.2018Azerbaijani-Korean inter-parliamentary working group to visit Baku
- 22.01.2018Azerbaijani MP elected PACE vice-president
- 22.01.2018Michele Nicoletti elected new PACE President
- 22.01.2018PACE winter session kicks off today
- 20.01.2018Working group on Caspian legal status to meet in February
- 20.01.2018Azerbaijan, Georgia to hold talks on border delimitation
- 20.01.2018Azerbaijan, Russia to discuss state border demarcation
- 19.01.2018PACE Sub-Committee on Conflicts to be reconstituted
- 19.01.2018Azerbaijani delegation to attend PACE winter session
- 19.01.2018Azerbaijani president offers condolences to Uzbek counterpart
- 18.01.2018Azerbaijani president to address Davos Economic Forum
- 17.01.2018EU-Azerbaijan comprehensive agreement to be discussed at European Parliament
- 17.01.2018PUIC starts its 13th Session
- 17.01.2018Azerbaijani and French FMs met in Paris - UPDATED
- 16.01.2018Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan, Turkey to continue to implement major projects this year - UPDATED
- 16.01.2018Bulgarian PM completes Azerbaijan visit
- 15.01.2018President Ilham Aliyev: Bulgaria and Azerbaijan will continue to cooperate successfully
- 15.01.2018President Ilham Aliyev has dinner with Bulgarian PM Boyko Borissov
- 15.01.2018Azerbaijani president, Bulgarian PM make press statements
- 15.01.2018Azerbaijani FM to meet with French counterpart
- 15.01.2018Azerbaijani president, Bulgarian PM hold expanded meeting
- 15.01.2018Azerbaijani president holds one-on-one meeting with Bulgarian PM
- 15.01.2018Iran’s Rouhani to visit Baku late March
- 15.01.2018Azerbaijan-Moldova intergovernmental commission on economic co-op to meet in first half of 2018
- 15.01.2018Russia says satisfied with strategic partnership with Azerbaijan
- 15.01.2018President Ilham Aliyev offers condolences to Iranian counterpart
- 13.01.2018Azerbaijan stands firmly next to Turkey on all regional issues – envoy
- 12.01.2018Kestutis Jankauskas: "Negotiations on the aviation agreement between Azerbaijan and the EU are almost completed"
- 12.01.2018Azerbaijani, Swiss presidents to meet in Davos
- 12.01.2018Azerbaijan highly values Italy’s willingness to take responsibility of chairing OSCE at challenging period
- 11.01.2018Azerbaijan joins Framework Agreement on Facilitation of Cross-border Paperless Trade in Asia and the Pacific
- 10.01.2018President Ilham Aliyev extends condolences over death Georgia’s first ambassador to Azerbaijan
- 09.01.2018Bulgarian president phones President Ilham Aliyev
- 08.01.2018President Ilham Aliyev receives credentials of incoming ambassadors - UPDATED
- 08.01.2018NATO official comments on upcoming high-level meeting with Russia in Baku
- 05.01.2018Samad Seyidov comments on change in composition of Azerbaijani delegation to PACE
- 16.12.2017President Ilham Aliyev congratulates Kazakh leader
- 18.12.2017Tbilisi hosts 10th annual session of GUAM PA
- 18.12.2017GUAM achieved stable position in int’l arena – Georgia
- 14.12.2017First Vice-President Mehriban Aliyeva met with delegation led by UK Minister of State for Trade and Export Promotion
- 14.12.2017First VP Mehriban Aliyeva meets with UK Minister of State for Trade and Export Promotion
- 14.12.2017Bahar Muradova: Europe tends to react only when itself faced with threat