Qatar National Day marked in Baku
On December 14, the Embassy of Qatar in Azerbaijan held an event to mark Qatar National Day.
Addressing the event, Qatar's Ambassador to Azerbaijan Yousef bin Hassan Al-Saai said that the two countries have special relations which are rapidly developing in all spheres, APA reported.
"The relations have been developing well this year,” the diplomat said
Later, Azerbaijan’s Minister of Emergency Situations, Colonel General Kamaladdin Heydarov, who is also the co-chair of the Azerbaijan-Qatar Joint Economic, Trade and Technical Intergovernmental Commission, addressed the event.
“Since the early years of independence, Qatar has passed a successful development path and played an important role in solving regional and global problems,” said Heydarov. “Qatar has also become one of the most competitive and richest economies in the region and the world thanks to its dynamic development.”
The minister noted that Azerbaijan and Qatar enjoy friendly relations and cooperation with good traditions.
“I’m pleased to mention that we have always appreciated Qatar’s support for Azerbaijan's fair position on the settlement of the Nagorno-Karabakh conflict,” he said.
Minister Heydarov recalled that diplomatic relations between Azerbaijan and Qatar were established in 1994, noting that mutual visits at a high-level will serve to strengthen these ties.
He noted that Azerbaijan and Qatar signed a number of agreements and memorandums of understanding in the fields of economy, tourism, agriculture and investment promotion.
“The work done within the framework of the Azerbaijan-Qatar Joint Economic, Trade and Technical Intergovernmental Commission, which was established in April 2018 by the wise decision of both heads of state, made a significant contribution to the successful development of economic and trade relations between the two countries. Since the beginning of 2017, the trade relations between Azerbaijan and Qatar have been expanded and the trade turnover increased by about 30 times, compared to the same period of last year,” added Minister Heydarov.
He also hailed the successful cooperation between Azerbaijan and Qatar in the field of prevention of emergencies and organization of civil defense.
The minister expressed confidence that Azerbaijan and Qatar will further enhance relations both bilaterally and within international organizations.
- 21.07.2018“The visit of the Azerbaijani president to France is extremely important from the point of view of ensuring our national interests”
- 21.07.2018Angela Merkel to visit Azerbaijan
- 20.07.2018Azerbaijani president meets with president of French National Assembly - UPDATED
- 20.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev completed France visit
- 20.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev congratulates King Philippe of Belgium
- 20.07.2018Azerbaijani, French presidents discuss settlement of Nagorno Karabakh conflict - UPDATED
- 20.07.2018President Sergio Mattarella’s visit to Azerbaijan in spotlight of Italian media
- 20.07.2018Mehriban Aliyeva: 177 foreign legal entities carry out illegal economic activities in occupied Azerbaijani lands - UPDATED
- 20.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev meets with SADE director general
- 20.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev meets with Executive VP of Bouygues Travaux Publics
- 20.07.2018Ilham Aliyev: Forms of threats to global security becoming more complex, dangerous
- 20.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev meets with CEO of CIFAL Group
- 20.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev meets with Iveco France president
- 20.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev meets with chairman of Rothschild & Co Supervisory Board
- 20.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev meets with Thales International official
- 20.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev met with Managing Director of Wilmotte & Associes Architectes
- 19.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev met with Chief Executive Officer of SUEZ
- 19.07.2018Azerbaijani President Ilham Aliyev met with President of French Senate
- 19.07.2018Azerbaijani President meets with Airbus vice-president for Eurasia
- 19.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev met with Chairman and CEO of Total
- 19.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev met with Chairman and CEO of Naval Group in Paris
- 19.07.2018Azerbaijani President meets with Executive Chairman of French Institute of International Relations in Paris
- 19.07.2018Azerbaijani president arrives in France
- 19.07.2018Sergio Mattarella: Azerbaijan can become ‘the main hero of a new page’ in development of economic potential of three seas
- 19.07.2018Turkish FM expected to visit Azerbaijan
- 19.07.2018Baku hosts Azerbaijan-Italy business forum
- 19.07.2018Sergio Mattarella: "Italy will remain sincere, resolute and loyal partner to Azerbaijan"
- 19.07.2018President of Azerbaijan: "Cooperation between Azerbaijan and Italy successfully develops in all directions"
- 19.07.2018Azerbaijani President signs order on awarding "Shohrat" Order to Laura Mattarella
- 18.07.2018FMs of Caspian states to meet before summit of heads of state
- 18.07.2018Baku urges foreign journalists to respect Azerbaijan’s territorial integrity
- 18.07.2018OSCE/ODIHR releases final report on Azerbaijan’s presidential election
- 18.07.2018Caspian gas ‘very important’ for Europe – Italian president
- 18.07.2018Azerbaijan, Italy ink bilateral documents
- 18.07.2018Presidents of Azerbaijan, Italy hold expanded meeting
- 18.07.2018Azerbaijani, Italian presidents hold one-on-one meeting
- 18.07.2018Italian president welcomed with official ceremony in Azerbaijan
- 17.07.2018Italian President arrives in Azerbaijan for official visit
- 17.07.2018Russia-Azerbaijan ties ‘on the rise’ – new envoy
- 17.07.2018Date set for summit of Caspian states
- 16.12.2017President Ilham Aliyev congratulates Kazakh leader
- 18.12.2017Tbilisi hosts 10th annual session of GUAM PA
- 18.12.2017GUAM achieved stable position in int’l arena – Georgia
- 14.12.2017First Vice-President Mehriban Aliyeva met with delegation led by UK Minister of State for Trade and Export Promotion
- 14.12.2017First VP Mehriban Aliyeva meets with UK Minister of State for Trade and Export Promotion
- 14.12.2017Bahar Muradova: Europe tends to react only when itself faced with threat