Qatar National Day marked in Baku
On December 14, the Embassy of Qatar in Azerbaijan held an event to mark Qatar National Day.
Addressing the event, Qatar's Ambassador to Azerbaijan Yousef bin Hassan Al-Saai said that the two countries have special relations which are rapidly developing in all spheres, APA reported.
"The relations have been developing well this year,” the diplomat said
Later, Azerbaijan’s Minister of Emergency Situations, Colonel General Kamaladdin Heydarov, who is also the co-chair of the Azerbaijan-Qatar Joint Economic, Trade and Technical Intergovernmental Commission, addressed the event.
“Since the early years of independence, Qatar has passed a successful development path and played an important role in solving regional and global problems,” said Heydarov. “Qatar has also become one of the most competitive and richest economies in the region and the world thanks to its dynamic development.”
The minister noted that Azerbaijan and Qatar enjoy friendly relations and cooperation with good traditions.
“I’m pleased to mention that we have always appreciated Qatar’s support for Azerbaijan's fair position on the settlement of the Nagorno-Karabakh conflict,” he said.
Minister Heydarov recalled that diplomatic relations between Azerbaijan and Qatar were established in 1994, noting that mutual visits at a high-level will serve to strengthen these ties.
He noted that Azerbaijan and Qatar signed a number of agreements and memorandums of understanding in the fields of economy, tourism, agriculture and investment promotion.
“The work done within the framework of the Azerbaijan-Qatar Joint Economic, Trade and Technical Intergovernmental Commission, which was established in April 2018 by the wise decision of both heads of state, made a significant contribution to the successful development of economic and trade relations between the two countries. Since the beginning of 2017, the trade relations between Azerbaijan and Qatar have been expanded and the trade turnover increased by about 30 times, compared to the same period of last year,” added Minister Heydarov.
He also hailed the successful cooperation between Azerbaijan and Qatar in the field of prevention of emergencies and organization of civil defense.
The minister expressed confidence that Azerbaijan and Qatar will further enhance relations both bilaterally and within international organizations.
- 19.04.2018President Ilham Aliyev receives Russian General Staff chief
- 19.04.2018Top Russian, NATO generals to meet in Baku
- 19.04.2018President of the Swiss Confederation congratulates Ilham Aliyev
- 19.04.2018President of Hungary congratulates Ilham Aliyev
- 18.04.2018Mammadyarov: Metsamor NPP poses serious threat in terms of smuggling of radioactive materials
- 18.04.2018President Ilham Aliyev congratulates Israeli counterpart
- 18.04.2018Ambassador comments on reports of 3 Azerbaijani women getting death penalty in Iraq
- 18.04.2018Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan always focuses on strengthening solidarity between Islamic countries’ youth
- 18.04.2018Lithuanian president congratulates President Ilham Aliyev
- 18.04.2018President Ilham Aliyev receives IAEA chief
- 18.04.2018President Ilham Aliyev meets with youth and sports ministers of OIC countries
- 18.04.2018Azerbaijan appoints ambassador to North Korea
- 18.04.2018Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan has achieved great successes on int’l arena over past 15 years
- 18.04.2018Robert Cekuta: Ilham Aliyev’s re-election – positive factor for stability, development
- 18.04.2018President Ilham Aliyev visits Alley of Martyrs
- 17.04.2018Rumen Radev sends congratulatory letter to President Ilham Aliyev
- 17.04.2018ECO Dushanbe communique expresses concern over Karabakh conflict
- 17.04.2018May 28 proclaimed Azerbaijan National Day in Chicago
- 16.04.2018China’s Xi congratulates President Ilham Aliyev
- 16.04.2018Mahmoud Abbas sends congratulatory letter to Ilham Aliyev
- 16.04.2018Azerbaijan to be represented at ECO Foreign Ministers Council meeting
- 16.04.2018Azerbaijan presidential election report to be heard at PACE Bureau meeting
- 16.04.2018Arizona Senate adopts proclamation expressing firm support for Azerbaijan’s territorial integrity
- 14.04.2018CoE Secretary General congratulates President Ilham Aliyev
- 13.04.2018President of European Council Donald Tusk congratulated President Ilham Aliyev
- 13.04.2018Emir of Kuwait congratulates Ilham Aliyev on re-election as Azerbaijani president
- 13.04.2018Euro-Asian Jewish Congress leaders congratulate Azerbaijani president
- 13.04.2018King Abdullah II of Jordan sends congratulatory letter to President Ilham Aliyev
- 13.04.2018Presidents of Azerbaijan, Afghanistan hold phone talk
- 13.04.2018Georgian PM congratulates President Ilham Aliyev
- 13.04.2018Albanian president congratulates Ilham Aliyev on election victory
- 13.04.2018Dagestan leader congratulates President Ilham Aliyev
- 13.04.2018EU makes statement on presidential election in Azerbaijan
- 13.04.2018Turkmen president sends congratulatory letter to Ilham Aliyev
- 13.04.2018Ambassador: China appreciates geographical advantages of Azerbaijan as an important transport hub linking Europe with Asia - INTERVIEW
- 12.04.2018Moscow: Some political forces in West had negative opinion on Azerbaijan’s presidential election beforehand
- 12.04.2018Mongolian President Battulga phones President Ilham Aliyev
- 12.04.2018OSCE ODIHR, OSCE PA and PACE election observers summoned to Azerbaijani Foreign Ministry
- 12.04.2018Azerbaijan’s top official criticizes OSCE ODIHR, OSCE PA and PACE election observers
- 12.04.2018Hungarian PM congratulates Ilham Aliyev on his victory in presidential election
- 16.12.2017President Ilham Aliyev congratulates Kazakh leader
- 18.12.2017Tbilisi hosts 10th annual session of GUAM PA
- 18.12.2017GUAM achieved stable position in int’l arena – Georgia
- 14.12.2017First Vice-President Mehriban Aliyeva met with delegation led by UK Minister of State for Trade and Export Promotion
- 14.12.2017First VP Mehriban Aliyeva meets with UK Minister of State for Trade and Export Promotion
- 14.12.2017Bahar Muradova: Europe tends to react only when itself faced with threat