Ilham Aliyev: Projects involving Azerbaijan are of global nature
Projects involving Azerbaijan and, in many cases, initiated by it, are of a global nature, said Azerbaijani President Ilham Aliyev.
These projects contribute to further strengthening of Azerbaijan’s position in the world, the president said addressing a meeting of the Cabinet of Ministers dedicated to results of socio-economic development in nine months of 2017 and objectives for the future, APA reported.
“During the first nine months of this year, significant events took place in the oil and gas sector of our country,” he said.
The head of state recalled that a new agreement on development of the Azeri-Chirag-Gunashli block of oil and gas fields was signed last month.
He emphasized that the mail goal is to achieve the development of the non-oil sector, and oil revenues are aimed at the development of human capital.
“Projects involving Azerbaijan and, in many cases, initiated by us, are of a global nature. The main goal and essence of these projects is the strengthening of our country,” said Ilham Aliyev.
The head of state noted that the power, economic potential and the political weight of Azerbaijan, its role in the region are growing, and the contracts signed give the country great economic benefit.
“It’s impossible to imagine how we could implement all this landscaping work if the ‘Contract of the Century’ would not have been signed,” the president said. “It is true that today our main goal is the development of the non-oil sector, and we are directing our major strength in this direction. However, we should all know that if we did not use oil revenues effectively or accumulate large funds in the Oil Fund and if we did not direct them to infrastructure and other projects, of course, our current situation might have been dramatically different. We did all this work thoughtfully, the revenues from oil and gas were directed to human capital, the implementation of infrastructure projects, and the development of the private sector.”
President Aliyev went on to say that these projects increase the role and weight of Azerbaijan on the international arena.
“Today, any project, even any political initiative can not be implemented in the region without our participation. Azerbaijan has proved itself to be a strong state in the world and of course, it makes us all happy. The power of our country will increase even more in coming years,” he said.
Related news releases
- 21.10.2017Pan-African Parliament’s President to visit Azerbaijan
- 20.10.2017Kubiv: Positivity in Kiev-Baku relations bothers some inside and outside of Ukraine
- 20.10.2017Austrian ambassador: Azerbaijan and Armenia can not be forced into one way of solution - INTERVIEW
- 20.10.2017Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan’s external debt less than 20% of GDP - UPDATED
- 20.10.2017Azerbaijani president ends visit to Turkey
- 20.10.2017MP Samad Seyidov criticizes Ukrainian colleagues for voting against Azerbaijan at PACE
- 20.10.2017President Ilham Aliyev attends D8 Summit in Istanbul
- 19.10.2017Azerbaijani President met with Iranian First Vice President in Istanbul
- 19.10.2017Azerbaijani president arrives in Turkey
- 19.10.2017Moscow: Main articles of convention on Caspian Sea status agreed
- 19.10.2017Azerbaijani FM receives delegation of Cooperation Council for Arab States of Gulf
- 19.10.2017Baku to host next round of talks on new EU-Azerbaijan deal
- 19.10.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives first vice PM of Ukraine
- 18.10.2017Luxembourgian delegation says the anti-Azerbaijani campaign 'unfair'
- 18.10.2017Azerbaijani president receives CIS Frontier Troops’ Commanders
- 18.10.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives Polish FM - UPDATED
- 18.10.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives delegation of Cooperation Council for Arab States of Gulf - UPDATED
- 18.10.2017Azerbaijani, Polish FMs meet in Baku - UPDATED
- 18.10.2017Azerbaijan hails Poland’s unequivocal stance on principle of territorial integrity
- 18.10.2017Polish FM: Azerbaijan is an energy supplier to Eastern Europe
- 18.10.2017Azerbaijan sees co-op with EU as one of its foreign policy priorities
- 18.10.2017Portugal's interior minister resigns after deadly wildfires
- 18.10.2017FM Mammadyarov: Armenian president’s irresponsibly going beyond joint statement ‘not right’
- 18.10.2017EU: Human trafficking victims are mostly migrants, children and women
- 17.10.2017Mahmoud Abbas congratulates President Aliyev
- 17.10.2017Saudi King congratulates President Aliyev
- 17.10.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives credentials of incoming Greek ambassador
- 17.10.2017Ambassador: US singles out three main directions for implementing economic reforms
- 17.10.2017US assistance to Azerbaijan over past 25 years exceed $1.3 bln – Ambassador Cekuta
- 16.10.2017Azerbaijan seeks to join one of geopolitical groups within Inter-parliamentary Union
- 16.10.2017OPINION: Russia continues to supply modern weapons to occupant Armenia
- 16.10.2017Azerbaijani president ends visit to Switzerland
- 16.10.2017Meeting of Azerbaijani and Armenian presidents took place in constructive atmosphere - STATEMENT
- 16.10.2017A Ban to Shackling for Mentally Disabled People in Ghana
- 16.10.2017Azerbaijan is an important country for U.S. – Ambassador Cekuta
- 14.10.2017Bulgarian president ends visit to Azerbaijan
- 13.10.2017EU says new deal with Azerbaijan should be worked out properly
- 13.10.2017EU urges dialogue between Azerbaijan and PACE
- 13.10.2017US, Azerbaijan enjoy strong partnership in field of security, diplomat says
- 13.10.2017President Rumen Radev reaffirms Bulgaria’s support for realization of Southern Gas Corridor project
- 09.10.2017Agenda revealed of Sochi meeting of CIS Foreign Ministers Council
- 09.10.2017Azerbaijani delegation head voices pessimism about future of PACE
- 09.10.2017Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan has very positive reputation on international arena
- 09.10.2017Deputy of EU’s Mogherini arrives in Azerbaijan
- 09.10.2017FMs of GUAM member countries sign Tbilisi Declaration
- 09.10.2017Conflicts in GUAM area should be resolved on basis of territorial integrity: Georgian FM