Ilham Aliyev: Projects involving Azerbaijan are of global nature
Projects involving Azerbaijan and, in many cases, initiated by it, are of a global nature, said Azerbaijani President Ilham Aliyev.
These projects contribute to further strengthening of Azerbaijan’s position in the world, the president said addressing a meeting of the Cabinet of Ministers dedicated to results of socio-economic development in nine months of 2017 and objectives for the future, APA reported.
“During the first nine months of this year, significant events took place in the oil and gas sector of our country,” he said.
The head of state recalled that a new agreement on development of the Azeri-Chirag-Gunashli block of oil and gas fields was signed last month.
He emphasized that the mail goal is to achieve the development of the non-oil sector, and oil revenues are aimed at the development of human capital.
“Projects involving Azerbaijan and, in many cases, initiated by us, are of a global nature. The main goal and essence of these projects is the strengthening of our country,” said Ilham Aliyev.
The head of state noted that the power, economic potential and the political weight of Azerbaijan, its role in the region are growing, and the contracts signed give the country great economic benefit.
“It’s impossible to imagine how we could implement all this landscaping work if the ‘Contract of the Century’ would not have been signed,” the president said. “It is true that today our main goal is the development of the non-oil sector, and we are directing our major strength in this direction. However, we should all know that if we did not use oil revenues effectively or accumulate large funds in the Oil Fund and if we did not direct them to infrastructure and other projects, of course, our current situation might have been dramatically different. We did all this work thoughtfully, the revenues from oil and gas were directed to human capital, the implementation of infrastructure projects, and the development of the private sector.”
President Aliyev went on to say that these projects increase the role and weight of Azerbaijan on the international arena.
“Today, any project, even any political initiative can not be implemented in the region without our participation. Azerbaijan has proved itself to be a strong state in the world and of course, it makes us all happy. The power of our country will increase even more in coming years,” he said.
Related news releases
- 23.02.2018Moldovan president to visit Azerbaijan
- 23.02.2018U.S. aims to help Azerbaijan become a strong, prosperous state: Ambassador Cekuta
- 23.02.2018First VP Mehriban Aliyeva meets with head of Iran's Islamic Culture and Relations Organization
- 23.02.2018Erdogan: 415 sq km now under control in Afrin operation
- 23.02.2018Azerbaijan calls Dutch parliament’s decision ‘biased’
- 23.02.2018Film on Khojaly Genocide screened in California
- 22.02.2018OSCE PA special rep. on South Caucasus resigns
- 22.02.2018Ceremony of laying first border markers on Azerbaijani-Russian border held - UPDATED
- 22.02.2018Azerbaijan's FM to address UN Human Rights Council's session
- 22.02.2018MFA: Appeals sent to int'l organizations for monitoring Azerbaijan presidential election
- 22.02.2018Azerbaijan, Russia mulling border demarcation
- 22.02.2018Azerbaijani MFA, Prosecutor General’s Office issue joint statement on Sumgayit disturbances
- 21.02.2018Envoy Cekuta: U.S. supports transparent and credible electoral process
- 21.02.2018Ilham Aliyev receives ex-president of Dutch Senate
- 21.02.2018Azerbaijani president receives Iran’s defense minister
- 21.02.2018Baku reacts to statement of French Foreign Ministry
- 20.02.2018Sergey Lebedev to lead CIS observation mission in Azerbaijan presidential election - UPDATED
- 20.02.2018Outgoing Czech ambassador to Azerbaijan to serve as envoy to Russia
- 19.02.2018Azerbaijan names new ambassador to Jordan
- 19.02.2018Azerbaijan appoints new consul in Batumi
- 19.02.2018Azerbaijan, Turkmenistan mull energy cooperation
- 19.02.2018Montenegrin president to attend 6th Global Baku Forum
- 19.02.2018ODIHR needs assessment mission to arrive in Baku on Feb. 21 - UPDATED
- 19.02.2018PACE to decide on sending mission for observation of Azerbaijan presidential election in mid-March
- 19.02.2018Ilham Aliyev: Armenia’s hypocritical position is key impediment to achieving progress in Karabakh talks - UPDATED
- 19.02.2018EU special rep. for South Caucasus arrives in Baku
- 17.02.2018Baku hosts event in support of Turkey’s Afrin op
- 16.02.2018Azerbaijani FM attends roundtable at Munich Security Conference
- 16.02.2018Azerbaijani MFA: Armenia's speaking of peace is a 'clear hypocrisy'
- 16.02.2018Baku reacts to Russian MFA spokesperson’s remarks
- 16.02.2018Azerbaijani FM to meet with OSCE chairman
- 16.02.2018Azerbaijan invites int’l observers to monitor upcoming presidential election – EU envoy
- 16.02.201854th Munich Security Conference to start today
- 15.02.2018Azerbaijani president: New agreement with EU to create a new co-op format
- 15.02.2018President Ilham Aliyev offers condolences to Donald Trump
- 15.02.2018Azerbaijani president meets with Italian deputy economic development minister
- 15.02.2018Azerbaijani FM to attend Munich Security Conference
- 15.02.2018Summit of Caspian states to take place in 2H18
- 14.02.2018Azerbaijani president sends congratulatory letter to Serbian counterpart
- 14.02.2018GUAM to send observation mission for upcoming presidential election in Azerbaijan
- 09.10.2017Agenda revealed of Sochi meeting of CIS Foreign Ministers Council
- 09.10.2017Azerbaijani delegation head voices pessimism about future of PACE
- 09.10.2017Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan has very positive reputation on international arena
- 09.10.2017Deputy of EU’s Mogherini arrives in Azerbaijan
- 09.10.2017FMs of GUAM member countries sign Tbilisi Declaration
- 09.10.2017Conflicts in GUAM area should be resolved on basis of territorial integrity: Georgian FM