Ilham Aliyev: Projects involving Azerbaijan are of global nature
Projects involving Azerbaijan and, in many cases, initiated by it, are of a global nature, said Azerbaijani President Ilham Aliyev.
These projects contribute to further strengthening of Azerbaijan’s position in the world, the president said addressing a meeting of the Cabinet of Ministers dedicated to results of socio-economic development in nine months of 2017 and objectives for the future, APA reported.
“During the first nine months of this year, significant events took place in the oil and gas sector of our country,” he said.
The head of state recalled that a new agreement on development of the Azeri-Chirag-Gunashli block of oil and gas fields was signed last month.
He emphasized that the mail goal is to achieve the development of the non-oil sector, and oil revenues are aimed at the development of human capital.
“Projects involving Azerbaijan and, in many cases, initiated by us, are of a global nature. The main goal and essence of these projects is the strengthening of our country,” said Ilham Aliyev.
The head of state noted that the power, economic potential and the political weight of Azerbaijan, its role in the region are growing, and the contracts signed give the country great economic benefit.
“It’s impossible to imagine how we could implement all this landscaping work if the ‘Contract of the Century’ would not have been signed,” the president said. “It is true that today our main goal is the development of the non-oil sector, and we are directing our major strength in this direction. However, we should all know that if we did not use oil revenues effectively or accumulate large funds in the Oil Fund and if we did not direct them to infrastructure and other projects, of course, our current situation might have been dramatically different. We did all this work thoughtfully, the revenues from oil and gas were directed to human capital, the implementation of infrastructure projects, and the development of the private sector.”
President Aliyev went on to say that these projects increase the role and weight of Azerbaijan on the international arena.
“Today, any project, even any political initiative can not be implemented in the region without our participation. Azerbaijan has proved itself to be a strong state in the world and of course, it makes us all happy. The power of our country will increase even more in coming years,” he said.
Related news releases
- 13.12.2017Ilham Aliyev: U.S. should reconsider its decision on Jerusalem
- 13.12.2017U.S. provides over $30.8 million for mine and UXO clearance in Azerbaijan
- 13.12.2017Mahmoud Abbas rules out U.S. mediator role in Palestine-Israel peace process
- 13.12.2017Turkey’s Erdogan calls for recognition of Jerusalem as ‘occupied capital of Palestine’
- 13.12.2017Erdogan calls Israel an ‘occupying and terror state’
- 13.12.2017OIC summit on Jerusalem kicks off in Istanbul
- 13.12.2017OIC FMs meet in Istanbul to discuss Jerusalem issue
- 12.12.2017President Ilham Aliyev arrives in Turkey
- 12.12.2017Iran’s Rouhani to visit Azerbaijan next year
- 12.12.2017ECHR: Armenia has to pay for damage to Azerbaijani IDPs
- 12.12.2017Caucasian Muslims Office issues statement on al-Quds
- 12.12.2017Kazakh President Nazarbayev to propose date for Caspian summit
- 12.12.2017Deputy FM says he doesn’t believe in Azerbaijan’s accession to WTO in coming years
- 12.12.2017Azerbaijan says issues on aviation agreement with EU can be resolved in early 2018
- 12.12.2017Azerbaijan, Georgia to continue negotiations on border delimitation early next year
- 12.12.2017Caspian states to sign separate agreement on water surface division
- 12.12.2017No middle line or any common principle for division of Caspian seabed: Azerbaijani deputy FM
- 12.12.2017Talks on new Azerbaijan-EU agreement may end by late 2018 – deputy FM
- 11.12.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives Russian State Duma delegation
- 09.12.2017Erdogan invites Ilham Aliyev to attend OIC summit on Jerusalem issue
- 08.12.2017President Aliyev appoints Azerbaijan’s honorary consul to Djibouti
- 08.12.2017Azerbaijan appoints new ambassador to Croatia
- 08.12.2017Azerbaijan recalls ambassador from Tajikistan
- 08.12.2017Russia never requested Azerbaijan for agrément for Georgy Zuev - Lavrov
- 08.12.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives credentials of incoming Sudanese ambassador
- 07.12.2017Elmar Mammadyarov attends the meeting of the GUAM Council of MFA
- 07.12.2017“ASAN Service” is a huge revolution in field of public services – Azerbaijani president
- 07.12.2017Israeli Embassy in Baku reacts to protests over Trump’s Jerusalem declaration
- 07.12.2017UK minister of state for trade to visit Azerbaijan
- 07.12.2017Novruz Mammadov: Azerbaijani public concerned over unfair attitude of certain circles in West and Europe
- 07.12.2017Lavrov: Russia will contribute to search for mutually acceptable solutions to Karabakh conflict
- 07.12.2017President Ilham Aliyev arrives in Guba district
- 07.12.2017Azerbaijan supports peaceful settlement of Israeli-Palestinian conflict - Foreign Ministry
- 06.12.2017Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan expands partnership with Russia in technology sector
- 06.12.2017Azerbaijani deputy FM: Int’l rules can be applied regarding controversial deposits in Caspian Sea
- 06.12.2017Draft Convention on Caspian status includes preservation of military balance: Azerbaijani MFA
- 06.12.2017Azerbaijani deputy FM reveals Caspian division principles
- 06.12.2017Baku: Draft Convention on Caspian Sea status coordinated
- 06.12.2017President Ilham Aliyev views Bakutel-2017 exhibition
- 06.12.2017Azerbaijani, Armenian FMs to meet in Vienna today
- 09.10.2017Agenda revealed of Sochi meeting of CIS Foreign Ministers Council
- 09.10.2017Azerbaijani delegation head voices pessimism about future of PACE
- 09.10.2017Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan has very positive reputation on international arena
- 09.10.2017Deputy of EU’s Mogherini arrives in Azerbaijan
- 09.10.2017FMs of GUAM member countries sign Tbilisi Declaration
- 09.10.2017Conflicts in GUAM area should be resolved on basis of territorial integrity: Georgian FM