Ilham Aliyev: Projects involving Azerbaijan are of global nature
Projects involving Azerbaijan and, in many cases, initiated by it, are of a global nature, said Azerbaijani President Ilham Aliyev.
These projects contribute to further strengthening of Azerbaijan’s position in the world, the president said addressing a meeting of the Cabinet of Ministers dedicated to results of socio-economic development in nine months of 2017 and objectives for the future, APA reported.
“During the first nine months of this year, significant events took place in the oil and gas sector of our country,” he said.
The head of state recalled that a new agreement on development of the Azeri-Chirag-Gunashli block of oil and gas fields was signed last month.
He emphasized that the mail goal is to achieve the development of the non-oil sector, and oil revenues are aimed at the development of human capital.
“Projects involving Azerbaijan and, in many cases, initiated by us, are of a global nature. The main goal and essence of these projects is the strengthening of our country,” said Ilham Aliyev.
The head of state noted that the power, economic potential and the political weight of Azerbaijan, its role in the region are growing, and the contracts signed give the country great economic benefit.
“It’s impossible to imagine how we could implement all this landscaping work if the ‘Contract of the Century’ would not have been signed,” the president said. “It is true that today our main goal is the development of the non-oil sector, and we are directing our major strength in this direction. However, we should all know that if we did not use oil revenues effectively or accumulate large funds in the Oil Fund and if we did not direct them to infrastructure and other projects, of course, our current situation might have been dramatically different. We did all this work thoughtfully, the revenues from oil and gas were directed to human capital, the implementation of infrastructure projects, and the development of the private sector.”
President Aliyev went on to say that these projects increase the role and weight of Azerbaijan on the international arena.
“Today, any project, even any political initiative can not be implemented in the region without our participation. Azerbaijan has proved itself to be a strong state in the world and of course, it makes us all happy. The power of our country will increase even more in coming years,” he said.
Related news releases
- 23.06.2018President Ilham Aliyev receives delegation led by Algerian justice minister
- 23.06.2018Afghan deputy FM says relations with Azerbaijan at highest level
- 22.06.2018Draft Convention on Caspian legal status allows laying pipelines on seabed
- 22.06.2018Draft Convention bans military presence of non-party countries in Caspian Sea
- 22.06.2018Russian government approves draft Convention on Caspian legal status
- 22.06.2018President Ilham Aliyev receives members of ADB Board of Governors
- 22.06.2018Azerbaijani PM: There is practically no concept of justice in int’l relations
- 22.06.20182018 CAMCA Regional Forum underway in Baku
- 22.06.2018Azerbaijan chose to closely cooperate with West – PM
- 22.06.2018U.S. congressman extends congratulations over centenary of ADR
- 21.06.2018Azerbaijani Foreign Ministry: Implementation of UN SC resolutions entrusted to OSCE MG co-chairs
- 21.06.2018Guterres stresses importance of implementing UNSC resolutions
- 21.06.2018Azerbaijani FM leaves for Minsk
- 20.06.2018Minsk to host 10th round of EaP informal ministerial dialogues
- 20.06.2018Foreign Ministry: Number of IDPs and refugees in Azerbaijan exceeds 1.2 mln
- 20.06.2018Azerbaijani MP sends open letter to PACE committee members
- 19.06.2018Russian State Duma chairman to visit Azerbaijan
- 19.06.2018UN High Commissioner for Human Rights calls Azerbaijan actively cooperating country
- 19.06.2018Azerbaijani parliament speaker to visit China
- 18.06.2018Baku: No Azerbaijani nationals among Japan earthquake victims
- 15.06.2018Vice-Speaker: Georgia's failure to attend TANAP opening ceremony was due to domestic political situation in the country
- 14.06.2018Delegation of Nizami Ganjavi International Center meets Israeli defense minister
- 14.06.2018Azerbaijani flag hoisted outside Philadelphia Mayor’s Office
- 13.06.2018Donald Trump congratulates Ilham Aliyev on Eid al-Fitr
- 13.06.2018Process of border delimitation with Georgia ‘relatively passive’, says Azerbaijan
- 13.06.2018Putin: Political co-op between Russia, Azerbaijan is stable
- 13.06.2018Summit of Caspian states planned to be held in first half of August – Azerbaijani diplomat
- 13.06.2018Azerbaijani president to visit Russia again on Aug. 30 – Putin
- 13.06.2018PACE Monitoring Committee to appoint new co-rapporteur on Azerbaijan on June 28
- 13.06.2018PACE to appoint rapporteur for preparation of report on “political prisoners in Azerbaijan”
- 13.06.2018Matthew Bryza: TANAP has turned Azerbaijan into a key player in global energy market - INTERVIEW
- 13.06.2018Azerbaijani President pays working visit to Russia
- 12.06.2018Azerbaijani president to visit Ukraine
- 12.06.2018Azerbaijan invites Ukraine to join Southern Gas Corridor project
- 12.06.2018President Ilham Aliyev meets BP CEO - UPDATED
- 12.06.2018Azerbaijani, Ukrainian presidents meet in Turkey
- 11.06.2018President Ilham Aliyev congratulates Vladimir Putin
- 11.06.2018Azerbaijan grants temporary residence permits to over 3,000 foreigners in May
- 11.06.2018No plan for Azerbaijani, Armenian leaders to meet in Moscow – Yerevan
- 11.06.2018Azerbaijani president to attend FIFA World Cup opening ceremony in Russia
- 09.10.2017Agenda revealed of Sochi meeting of CIS Foreign Ministers Council
- 09.10.2017Azerbaijani delegation head voices pessimism about future of PACE
- 09.10.2017Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan has very positive reputation on international arena
- 09.10.2017Deputy of EU’s Mogherini arrives in Azerbaijan
- 09.10.2017FMs of GUAM member countries sign Tbilisi Declaration
- 09.10.2017Conflicts in GUAM area should be resolved on basis of territorial integrity: Georgian FM