Prof Lotfi A.Zadeh congratulates Mehriban Aliyeva
Lotfi A.Zadeh, Professor Emeritus and Director, Berkeley Initiative in Soft Computing, has congratulated Mehriban Aliyeva on her appointment as Azerbaijan’s First Vice-President.
The letter reads as follows:
“The Honourable Mrs. Mehriban Aliyeva, I congratulate you on the occasion of your new appointment as a Vice President of Azerbaijan.
I was really happy to hear about your appointment, because for the last 15 years you worked tirelessly to advance human rights and peace, both in Azerbaijan and the world.
I have always followed your activities with great interest. I am happy and grateful for all the efforts you put in for the prosperity and well-being of Azerbaijan. I can say with confidence that during your tenure as President of the Heydar Aliyev Foundation, Member of Parliament of Azerbaijan, and Ambassador of UNESCO and ISESCO, you gained the respect and love of millions of people of the Azerbaijani community and the world, for all your contributions in humanitarian and social projects.
I appreciate your magnificent efforts in establishing social and political connections between Azerbaijan and foreign countries, and your leadership in arranging worldwide international events.
I am confident you will be highly successful in all your work in your new position.
I wish you the best of luck, and I am sure that all your efforts will contribute to the greatness of Azerbaijan.
Azerbaijan is my home country. I am always thinking of the successful future of Azerbaijan and every step towards it will delight me.”
Related news releases
- 24.11.2017Azerbaijani president offers condolences to Egyptian counterpart
- 24.11.2017Azerbaijan, EU sign document on Trans-European Transport Network
- 24.11.2017EaP Summit welcomes good progress in talks on new Eu-Azerbaijan agreement
- 24.11.2017EU reaffirms support to territorial integrity of all its partners
- 24.11.2017Joint declaration adopted at EaP summit in Brussels
- 24.11.2017Russia’s key role in relations with Azerbaijan, Armenia ‘apparent’, says Merkel
- 24.11.2017Azerbaijan, Russia sign plan for security cooperation
- 24.11.2017Eastern Partnership summit gets underway in Brussels
- 24.11.2017Alan Duncan: BTK and SGC projects – visible signs of extraordinary co-op between UK and Azerbaijan over past 25 years
- 24.11.2017EaP countries’ leaders officially welcomed in Brussels
- 24.11.2017Eastern Partnership summit to set new goals for future partnership – EU envoy
- 24.11.2017Brussels to host Eastern Partnership summit
- 23.11.2017President Ilham Aliyev invites NATO Sec-Gen to Azerbaijan
- 23.11.2017NATO calls on Azerbaijan to step up security sector reform
- 23.11.2017Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan will continue partnership with NATO to provide stability in region
- 23.11.2017Azerbaijan, Benelux countries agree on visa exemption for service passport holders
- 23.11.2017EU hopes talks on new agreement with Azerbaijan will be finalized next year
- 23.11.2017CMO chairman expresses support for Russia’s anti-ISIL operations
- 23.11.2017EU commissioner: ‘BTK project is in our interest’
- 23.11.2017Johannes Hahn: Eastern Partnership Declaration to be signed tomorrow
- 23.11.2017Azerbaijan, Japan hold political consultations
- 23.11.2017EU says aviation agreement with Azerbaijan will definitely enhance co-op in this sector
- 23.11.2017Azerbaijani president attends NATO's North Atlantic Council meeting
- 23.11.2017President Ilham Aliyev, NATO Sec-Gen Stoltenberg make press statements
- 22.11.2017Head of Azerbaijani PA delivers lecture at meeting of secretaries of CIS security councils
- 22.11.2017Georgian President and PM congratulate President Ilham Aliyev on 25th anniversary of diplomatic relations
- 22.11.2017Azerbaijani, Ukrainian presidents to meet in Brussels
- 21.11.2017Azerbaijani MPs to attend PACE events
- 21.11.2017FM Mammadyarov: Azerbaijan supports combating all forms of terrorism
- 21.11.2017Azerbaijani president congratulates Lebanese counterpart
- 21.11.2017EU concerned over unresolved conflicts in Eastern Partnership region
- 21.11.2017Fuad Isgandarov: EU attitude towards Azerbaijan’s territorial integrity to change soon
- 20.11.2017Top diplomats from Caspian states to meet in Moscow on December 4-5
- 20.11.2017New EU strategy puts emphasis on ties with neighboring countries – envoy
- 20.11.2017Azerbaijani, Russian FMs meet in Baku - UPDATED
- 20.11.2017Baku to host meeting of Russia-Azerbaijan intergovernmental commission on military-technical co-op
- 20.11.2017Lavrov comments on possible creation of Azerbaijan-Turkey-Russia co-op format
- 20.11.2017Lavrov: ‘Menu’ on Karabakh conflict settlement on negotiating table
- 20.11.2017Azerbaijani, Pakistani, Turkish FMs to meet in Baku
- 20.11.2017Russia to host ministerial meeting on Caspian Sea legal status
- 10.03.2017Azerbaijan and Saudi Arabia have good prospects in cooperation – president - UPDATED
- 10.03.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives delegation of French senators - UPDATED
- 10.03.2017French senator believes parliamentary diplomacy can positively affect Karabakh conflict settlement
- 08.03.2017Elmar Mammadyarov: "Azerbaijani President expected to visit Moscow"
- 07.03.2017Azerbaijan sees fight against terrorism as a ‘priority’ in co-op with EU, US and Russia
- 07.03.2017Washington – a difficult partner for discussion: Azerbaijani FM