Malta supports signing of EU-Azerbaijan strategic partnership agreement – PM
Azerbaijan’s Foreign Minister Elmar Mammadyarov met with Joseph Muscat, Prime Minister of Malta within the frameworks of his visit to this country.
At the meeting, Joseph Muscat expressed satisfaction with the current high level of bilateral relations, Azerbaijan’s Foreign Ministry told APA on Tuesday.
He mentioned that Malta is interested in expanding cooperation with Azerbaijan and expressed his confidence that this visit will contribute to the development of relations between the two countries.
Highlighting the importance of relations between Azerbaijan and the European Union, Joseph Muscat applauded the EU's high-level officials assessment of the relationship as a strategic partnership.
The premier noted that Malta in the capacity as current EU presidency, supports the signing of the Strategic Partnership Agreement between EU and Azerbaijan and is ready to contribute to this process.
In turn, Minister Mammadyarov said that the relations between the two countries have developed dynamically in the recent years and the high-level visits have created fertile ground for their further enhancement. In this regard Mammadyarov stressed the positive results in the development of cooperation in economic and energy fields.
Noting that the official visit to Malta coincided with this country’s EU presidency, Minister Mammadyarov briefed the PM about the development prospects of EU-Azerbaijan relations and the negotiations on the draft of the agreement for cooperation with EU.
Mammadyarov also touched upon the negotiations process on the settlement of the Armenia-Azerbaijan Nagorno-Karabakh conflict and stated the importance of expressing EU's commitment to the principles of territorial integrity, sovereignty, independence and inviolability of borders of states in a common and unambiguous manner in respect of all conflicts.
At the meeting, the sides discussed the development of relations in various fields and exchanged their views on transnational energy and transport projects, as well as other topics of mutual interest.
Related news releases
- 19.10.2017Baku to host next meeting on Azerbaijan-EU agreement
- 19.10.2017Azerbaijani president receives Ukraine’s first vice prime minister
- 18.10.2017Luxembourgian delegation says the anti-Azerbaijani campaign 'unfair'
- 18.10.2017Azerbaijani president receives CIS Frontier Troops’ Commanders
- 18.10.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives Polish FM - UPDATED
- 18.10.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives delegation of Cooperation Council for Arab States of Gulf - UPDATED
- 18.10.2017Azerbaijani, Polish FMs meet in Baku - UPDATED
- 18.10.2017Azerbaijan hails Poland’s unequivocal stance on principle of territorial integrity
- 18.10.2017Polish FM: Azerbaijan is an energy supplier to Eastern Europe
- 18.10.2017Azerbaijan sees co-op with EU as one of its foreign policy priorities
- 18.10.2017Portugal's interior minister resigns after deadly wildfires
- 18.10.2017FM Mammadyarov: Armenian president’s irresponsibly going beyond joint statement ‘not right’
- 18.10.2017EU: Human trafficking victims are mostly migrants, children and women
- 17.10.2017Mahmoud Abbas congratulates President Aliyev
- 17.10.2017Saudi King congratulates President Aliyev
- 17.10.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives credentials of incoming Greek ambassador
- 17.10.2017Ambassador: US singles out three main directions for implementing economic reforms
- 17.10.2017US assistance to Azerbaijan over past 25 years exceed $1.3 bln – Ambassador Cekuta
- 16.10.2017Azerbaijan seeks to join one of geopolitical groups within Inter-parliamentary Union
- 16.10.2017OPINION: Russia continues to supply modern weapons to occupant Armenia
- 16.10.2017Azerbaijani president ends visit to Switzerland
- 16.10.2017Meeting of Azerbaijani and Armenian presidents took place in constructive atmosphere - STATEMENT
- 16.10.2017A Ban to Shackling for Mentally Disabled People in Ghana
- 16.10.2017Azerbaijan is an important country for U.S. – Ambassador Cekuta
- 14.10.2017Bulgarian president ends visit to Azerbaijan
- 13.10.2017EU says new deal with Azerbaijan should be worked out properly
- 13.10.2017EU urges dialogue between Azerbaijan and PACE
- 13.10.2017US, Azerbaijan enjoy strong partnership in field of security, diplomat says
- 13.10.2017President Rumen Radev reaffirms Bulgaria’s support for realization of Southern Gas Corridor project
- 13.10.2017Bulgarian president pays respect to national leader Heydar Aliyev and Azerbaijani heroes
- 13.10.2017Ilham Aliyev: Bulgaria is a very important partner for Azerbaijan - UPDATED
- 13.10.2017Azerbaijani, Armenian presidents to meet in Geneva on Oct. 16
- 13.10.2017Presidents of Azerbaijan, Bulgaria make press statements
- 13.10.2017Azerbaijani, Bulgarian presidents meet in Baku
- 13.10.2017Bulgarian president officially welcomed in Baku
- 12.10.2017Bulgarian president arrives in Azerbaijan
- 12.10.2017Bulgarian president to visit Azerbaijan
- 12.10.2017Iran's economy minister to visit Azerbaijan
- 12.10.2017Date of Tehran meeting of Azerbaijani, Russian, Iranian presidents revealed
- 12.10.2017Official of U.S. Department of Defense arrives in Azerbaijan
- 18.04.2017EU has implemented 70 civil society projects in Azerbaijan since 2007
- 18.04.2017Ilham Aliyev receives former Bulgarian president Plevneliev
- 18.04.2017Mard: EU looking forward to next round of talks with Azerbaijan
- 18.04.2017Meeting of Minsk Group countries’ parliamentarians in OSCE PA expected in coming months
- 17.04.2017Azerbaijani FM leaves for Malta and Italy - UPDATED
- 17.04.2017Baku hosts 4th meeting of joint commission on Azerbaijan-Russia border demarcation