Malta supports signing of EU-Azerbaijan strategic partnership agreement – PM
Azerbaijan’s Foreign Minister Elmar Mammadyarov met with Joseph Muscat, Prime Minister of Malta within the frameworks of his visit to this country.
At the meeting, Joseph Muscat expressed satisfaction with the current high level of bilateral relations, Azerbaijan’s Foreign Ministry told APA on Tuesday.
He mentioned that Malta is interested in expanding cooperation with Azerbaijan and expressed his confidence that this visit will contribute to the development of relations between the two countries.
Highlighting the importance of relations between Azerbaijan and the European Union, Joseph Muscat applauded the EU's high-level officials assessment of the relationship as a strategic partnership.
The premier noted that Malta in the capacity as current EU presidency, supports the signing of the Strategic Partnership Agreement between EU and Azerbaijan and is ready to contribute to this process.
In turn, Minister Mammadyarov said that the relations between the two countries have developed dynamically in the recent years and the high-level visits have created fertile ground for their further enhancement. In this regard Mammadyarov stressed the positive results in the development of cooperation in economic and energy fields.
Noting that the official visit to Malta coincided with this country’s EU presidency, Minister Mammadyarov briefed the PM about the development prospects of EU-Azerbaijan relations and the negotiations on the draft of the agreement for cooperation with EU.
Mammadyarov also touched upon the negotiations process on the settlement of the Armenia-Azerbaijan Nagorno-Karabakh conflict and stated the importance of expressing EU's commitment to the principles of territorial integrity, sovereignty, independence and inviolability of borders of states in a common and unambiguous manner in respect of all conflicts.
At the meeting, the sides discussed the development of relations in various fields and exchanged their views on transnational energy and transport projects, as well as other topics of mutual interest.
Related news releases
- 24.04.2018Azerbaijan’s consul general addresses Los Angeles Baha’i community
- 24.04.2018President Ilham Aliyev receives Russian foreign intelligence chief
- 23.04.2018Azarbaijan's president to visit Turkey on Tuesday
- 23.04.2018Samad Seyidov: I’ve been in PACE for 18 years and no one can accuse me of corruption
- 23.04.2018Azerbaijani president offers condolences to Afghan counterpart
- 23.04.2018Pakistani president congratulates Ilham Aliyev
- 23.04.2018Israeli PM Netanyahu congratulates President Ilham Aliyev
- 23.04.2018Russian minister: Stability in Azerbaijan is of great importance
- 23.04.2018PACE spring session kicks off today
- 21.04.2018Georgian PM congratulates Novruz Mammadov
- 21.04.2018TANAP, TAP to play important role in ensuring Europe’s energy security – Turkish minister
- 21.04.2018Plight of Azerbaijani IDPs to be highlighted at PACE spring session
- 20.04.2018Baku: Belgian MPs’ acting as supporters of Kaspar Karampetian causes regret
- 20.04.2018Azerbaijani Emergency Situations Ministry hosts meeting with foreign military attaches
- 20.04.2018King of Saudi Arabia congratulates President Ilham Aliyev
- 20.04.2018Miroslav Lajčák: UN’s success in preventing conflict should be the norm – not the exception
- 20.04.2018German president congratulates Ilham Aliyev on re-election as Azerbaijani president
- 19.04.2018Mohammed VI, King of Morocco congratulates Ilham Aliyev on re-election as Azerbaijani president
- 19.04.2018Zakharova: We're glad that there is an unbiased view of Skripal issue in Azerbaijan
- 19.04.2018Zakharova: Relations with Azerbaijan a foreign policy priority for Russia
- 19.04.2018Top Russian, NATO generals meet in Baku
- 19.04.2018Military expert: Baku meeting of Russian, NATO generals aimed at preventing ‘threat of a third world war’
- 19.04.2018Steven Seagal congratulates President Ilham Aliyev
- 19.04.2018President Ilham Aliyev offers condolences to George H.W. Bush
- 19.04.2018President Ilham Aliyev receives NATO delegation
- 19.04.2018President Ilham Aliyev receives Russian General Staff Chief
- 19.04.2018Top Russian, NATO generals to meet in Baku
- 19.04.2018President of the Swiss Confederation congratulates Ilham Aliyev
- 19.04.2018President of Hungary congratulates Ilham Aliyev
- 18.04.2018Mammadyarov: Metsamor NPP poses serious threat in terms of smuggling of radioactive materials
- 18.04.2018President Ilham Aliyev congratulates Israeli counterpart
- 18.04.2018Ambassador comments on reports of 3 Azerbaijani women getting death penalty in Iraq
- 18.04.2018Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan always focuses on strengthening solidarity between Islamic countries’ youth
- 18.04.2018Lithuanian president congratulates President Ilham Aliyev
- 18.04.2018President Ilham Aliyev receives IAEA chief
- 18.04.2018President Ilham Aliyev meets with youth and sports ministers of OIC countries
- 18.04.2018Azerbaijan appoints ambassador to North Korea
- 18.04.2018Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan has achieved great successes on int’l arena over past 15 years
- 18.04.2018Robert Cekuta: Ilham Aliyev’s re-election – positive factor for stability, development
- 18.04.2018President Ilham Aliyev visits Alley of Martyrs
- 18.04.2017EU has implemented 70 civil society projects in Azerbaijan since 2007
- 18.04.2017Ilham Aliyev receives former Bulgarian president Plevneliev
- 18.04.2017Mard: EU looking forward to next round of talks with Azerbaijan
- 18.04.2017Meeting of Minsk Group countries’ parliamentarians in OSCE PA expected in coming months
- 17.04.2017Azerbaijani FM leaves for Malta and Italy - UPDATED
- 17.04.2017Baku hosts 4th meeting of joint commission on Azerbaijan-Russia border demarcation