President Vejonis: Latvia will continue to support Azerbaijan's territorial integrity - UPDATED
President of the Republic of Azerbaijan Ilham Aliyev and President of the Republic of Latvia Raimonds Vejonis have held an expanded meeting joined by their delegations.
Big opportunities for expanding cooperation between the two countries in a variety of fields were hailed at the meeting. Azerbaijan's significant role in international transport corridors, including East-West and North-South corridors, as well as in cargo transportation between Asia and Europe was emphasized.
President Aliyev highlighted Azerbaijan’s contribution to international cooperation in the field of transport. The sides hailed the importance of the documents to be signed as part of the Azerbaijani President's official visit to Latvia, expressing their confidence that these documents will contribute to the expansion of bilateral relations. They also discussed the educational cooperation, and underlined good opportunities for expanding bilateral ties in this area.
The importance of Azerbaijan-Latvia relationship in the context of Azerbaijan-EU ties was underlined.
The sides discussed the activity of the intergovernmental commission, and highlighted the significance of exploring the opportunities for increasing the bilateral trade, determining export and import potential, and cooperation in agriculture, tourism, information and communication technologies.
President Vejonis emphasized that Latvia has always supported and will continue to support Azerbaijan's territorial integrity.
The Latvian president noted that his country will continue to contribute to the strengthening of Azerbaijan-EU cooperation.
- 22.11.2017Head of Azerbaijani PA delivers lecture at meeting of secretaries of CIS security councils
- 22.11.2017Georgian President and PM congratulate President Ilham Aliyev on 25th anniversary of diplomatic relations
- 22.11.2017Azerbaijani, Ukrainian presidents to meet in Brussels
- 21.11.2017Azerbaijani MPs to attend PACE events
- 21.11.2017FM Mammadyarov: Azerbaijan supports combating all forms of terrorism
- 21.11.2017Azerbaijani president congratulates Lebanese counterpart
- 21.11.2017EU concerned over unresolved conflicts in Eastern Partnership region
- 21.11.2017Fuad Isgandarov: EU attitude towards Azerbaijan’s territorial integrity to change soon
- 20.11.2017Top diplomats from Caspian states to meet in Moscow on December 4-5
- 20.11.2017New EU strategy puts emphasis on ties with neighboring countries – envoy
- 20.11.2017Azerbaijani, Russian FMs meet in Baku - UPDATED
- 20.11.2017Baku to host meeting of Russia-Azerbaijan intergovernmental commission on military-technical co-op
- 20.11.2017Lavrov comments on possible creation of Azerbaijan-Turkey-Russia co-op format
- 20.11.2017Lavrov: ‘Menu’ on Karabakh conflict settlement on negotiating table
- 20.11.2017Azerbaijani, Pakistani, Turkish FMs to meet in Baku
- 20.11.2017Russia to host ministerial meeting on Caspian Sea legal status
- 20.11.2017Azerbaijan, Russia sign document on 25th anniversary of diplomatic relations
- 20.11.2017Russia would welcome Azerbaijan’s accession to Eurasian Economic Union, says Lavrov
- 20.11.2017Lavrov: Russia, Azerbaijan are strategic partners
- 19.11.2017President Ilham Aliyev received delegation led by Russian FM
- 17.11.2017Azerbaijani president sends congratulatory letter to Latvian counterpart
- 17.11.2017Meeting of EU-Azerbaijan subcommittee on cooperation to take place in December
- 17.11.2017Azerbaijani deputy FM says talks on new agreement with EU can be finished next year
- 17.11.2017Booking.com restarts illegal hotel reservations in occupied Azerbaijani territories
- 17.11.2017Deputy FM: We try Azerbaijan’s position to be reflected in EaP summit declaration
- 17.11.2017UNICEF regional director to visit Azerbaijan
- 17.11.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives Uzbek deputy PM
- 16.11.2017U.S. actively works with Azerbaijan towards ensuring global energy security – ambassador
- 16.11.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives Kazakh first deputy PM
- 16.11.2017Moscow: Lavrov to discuss bilateral relations in Baku
- 16.11.2017Azerbaijani FM to meet with OSCE MG co-chairs in Moscow
- 16.11.2017Uzbek defense minister in Azerbaijan for official visit
- 15.11.2017Azerbaijani, Brazilian FMs meet in Baku - UPDATED
- 15.11.2017Ilham Aliyev congratulates Borut Pahor on reelection as Slovenian president
- 15.11.2017UK ambassadors from regional countries to hold conference in Baku
- 15.11.2017Brazil’s position on violation of sovereignty in world based on long-term policy – FM
- 15.11.2017Azerbaijan, Brazil agree to expand bilateral ties
- 15.11.2017FM: Brazil supports Azerbaijan’s territorial integrity
- 15.11.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives delegation led by Brazilian FM
- 15.11.2017Azerbaijani president receives Moldovan interior minister - UPDATED
- 09.12.2015PACE appoints new co-rapporteur on Azerbaijan
- 09.12.2015Azerbaijani president views Terracotta Army Museum in China
- 09.12.2015Turkey in talks with Azerbaijan over purchase of more oil and gas – deputy PM
- 09.12.2015Azerbaijani elected member of UNESCO committee
- 08.12.2015Azerbaijani president begins state visit to China
- 08.12.2015Turkish PM: Productive talks held with Azerbaijani president in Baku