President Rumen Radev reaffirms Bulgaria’s support for realization of Southern Gas Corridor project
Bulgaria and Azerbaijan are two partners in terms of political, cultural and moral relations, Bulgarian President Rumen Radev, who is on a visit to Baku, told a joint press conference with Azerbaijani President Ilham Aliyev on Friday, APA reported.
The Bulgarian leader said that at a meeting with President Aliyev they stressed the importance of bilateral cooperation in order to deepen the mutual cooperation.
“We have taken genuine steps into realizing the foundation existing within the frame of the Joint Declaration on Strategic Cooperation which were signed two years ago in order to open the opportunity for cooperation in all areas of mutual interest, including energy, transport, culture, education, tourism, commodity exchange, etc. The fact that we have taken concrete steps is of huge importance because we have great opportunities for further development of our political relations,” said Rumen Radev.
The Bulgarian leader underlined that the volume of trade turnover between the two countries is not satisfactory.
“We can achieve better results. The good news is that the Azerbaijani leadership is ready to open the first flight between Sofia and Baku on January 1 next year, an event that coincides with Bulgaria’s EU Presidency. In this regard, Bulgaria reaffirms its support for Azerbaijan,” he added.
President Radev noted that Bulgaria can contribute to the development of agriculture, in use of new technologies in agriculture, in particular in processing industry, as well as the development of pharmaceutical production in Azerbaijan.
“Thanks to its high technological capabilities in the energy sector, Azerbaijan stands ready to actively cooperation with Bulgaria’s relevant bodies in gasification household sector in our country, as well as the development of a network of filling stations in Bulgaria,” he said.
“Energy is an area that will connect us for many years,” President Radev said reaffirming Bulgaria’s support for the implementation of the Southern Gas Corridor project.
He underlined that Azerbaijan plays a crucial role in the implementation of the Southern Gas Corridor project for the development of sources and routes of gas supply, as well as its real diversification in Southern and Central Europe.
“We confirmed our mutual interest in the development of transport and gas corridors between Asia and Europe. Our countries occupy a strategic position in the region, and we must take a full advantage of this position,” he said.
The Bulgarian leader pointed out that the relations between the two countries in the sphere of culture, education and science have been developing intensively in recent years.
“I expressed my gratitude to President Aliyev for the implementation by the Heydar Aliyev Foundation of the project on the restoration of Trapezitsa fortress. We believe this is the beginning of fruitful cooperation in the field of education and culture,” he said.
As for the security sphere, Rumen Radev said he supports cooperation with Azerbaijan’s relevant bodies.
“I also want your students to study in our universities,” said the president, stressing that Bulgaria is the center of stability and independence not only in the Balkan Peninsula, but also in the Black Sea region.
“I hope that today’s meeting will be important for fruitful cooperation in all areas in the name of security and peace for our peoples,” President Radev added.
Related news releases
- 21.10.2017Pan-African Parliament’s President to visit Azerbaijan
- 20.10.2017Kubiv: Positivity in Kiev-Baku relations bothers some inside and outside of Ukraine
- 20.10.2017Austrian ambassador: Azerbaijan and Armenia can not be forced into one way of solution - INTERVIEW
- 20.10.2017Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan’s external debt less than 20% of GDP - UPDATED
- 20.10.2017Azerbaijani president ends visit to Turkey
- 20.10.2017MP Samad Seyidov criticizes Ukrainian colleagues for voting against Azerbaijan at PACE
- 20.10.2017President Ilham Aliyev attends D8 Summit in Istanbul
- 19.10.2017Azerbaijani President met with Iranian First Vice President in Istanbul
- 19.10.2017Azerbaijani president arrives in Turkey
- 19.10.2017Moscow: Main articles of convention on Caspian Sea status agreed
- 19.10.2017Azerbaijani FM receives delegation of Cooperation Council for Arab States of Gulf
- 19.10.2017Baku to host next round of talks on new EU-Azerbaijan deal
- 19.10.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives first vice PM of Ukraine
- 18.10.2017Luxembourgian delegation says the anti-Azerbaijani campaign 'unfair'
- 18.10.2017Azerbaijani president receives CIS Frontier Troops’ Commanders
- 18.10.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives Polish FM - UPDATED
- 18.10.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives delegation of Cooperation Council for Arab States of Gulf - UPDATED
- 18.10.2017Azerbaijani, Polish FMs meet in Baku - UPDATED
- 18.10.2017Azerbaijan hails Poland’s unequivocal stance on principle of territorial integrity
- 18.10.2017Polish FM: Azerbaijan is an energy supplier to Eastern Europe
- 18.10.2017Azerbaijan sees co-op with EU as one of its foreign policy priorities
- 18.10.2017Portugal's interior minister resigns after deadly wildfires
- 18.10.2017FM Mammadyarov: Armenian president’s irresponsibly going beyond joint statement ‘not right’
- 18.10.2017EU: Human trafficking victims are mostly migrants, children and women
- 17.10.2017Mahmoud Abbas congratulates President Aliyev
- 17.10.2017Saudi King congratulates President Aliyev
- 17.10.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives credentials of incoming Greek ambassador
- 17.10.2017Ambassador: US singles out three main directions for implementing economic reforms
- 17.10.2017US assistance to Azerbaijan over past 25 years exceed $1.3 bln – Ambassador Cekuta
- 16.10.2017Azerbaijan seeks to join one of geopolitical groups within Inter-parliamentary Union
- 16.10.2017OPINION: Russia continues to supply modern weapons to occupant Armenia
- 16.10.2017Azerbaijani president ends visit to Switzerland
- 16.10.2017Meeting of Azerbaijani and Armenian presidents took place in constructive atmosphere - STATEMENT
- 16.10.2017A Ban to Shackling for Mentally Disabled People in Ghana
- 16.10.2017Azerbaijan is an important country for U.S. – Ambassador Cekuta
- 14.10.2017Bulgarian president ends visit to Azerbaijan
- 13.10.2017Presidents of Azerbaijan, Bulgaria make press statements
- 13.10.2017Azerbaijani, Bulgarian presidents meet in Baku
- 13.10.2017Bulgarian president officially welcomed in Baku
- 12.10.2017Bulgarian president arrives in Azerbaijan
- 13.10.2017US, Azerbaijan enjoy strong partnership in field of security, diplomat says
- 13.10.2017EU urges dialogue between Azerbaijan and PACE
- 13.10.2017EU says new deal with Azerbaijan should be worked out properly
- 13.10.2017Bulgarian president pays respect to national leader Heydar Aliyev and Azerbaijani heroes
- 13.10.2017Ilham Aliyev: Bulgaria is a very important partner for Azerbaijan - UPDATED
- 13.10.2017Azerbaijani, Armenian presidents to meet in Geneva on Oct. 16