President Rumen Radev reaffirms Bulgaria’s support for realization of Southern Gas Corridor project
Bulgaria and Azerbaijan are two partners in terms of political, cultural and moral relations, Bulgarian President Rumen Radev, who is on a visit to Baku, told a joint press conference with Azerbaijani President Ilham Aliyev on Friday, APA reported.
The Bulgarian leader said that at a meeting with President Aliyev they stressed the importance of bilateral cooperation in order to deepen the mutual cooperation.
“We have taken genuine steps into realizing the foundation existing within the frame of the Joint Declaration on Strategic Cooperation which were signed two years ago in order to open the opportunity for cooperation in all areas of mutual interest, including energy, transport, culture, education, tourism, commodity exchange, etc. The fact that we have taken concrete steps is of huge importance because we have great opportunities for further development of our political relations,” said Rumen Radev.
The Bulgarian leader underlined that the volume of trade turnover between the two countries is not satisfactory.
“We can achieve better results. The good news is that the Azerbaijani leadership is ready to open the first flight between Sofia and Baku on January 1 next year, an event that coincides with Bulgaria’s EU Presidency. In this regard, Bulgaria reaffirms its support for Azerbaijan,” he added.
President Radev noted that Bulgaria can contribute to the development of agriculture, in use of new technologies in agriculture, in particular in processing industry, as well as the development of pharmaceutical production in Azerbaijan.
“Thanks to its high technological capabilities in the energy sector, Azerbaijan stands ready to actively cooperation with Bulgaria’s relevant bodies in gasification household sector in our country, as well as the development of a network of filling stations in Bulgaria,” he said.
“Energy is an area that will connect us for many years,” President Radev said reaffirming Bulgaria’s support for the implementation of the Southern Gas Corridor project.
He underlined that Azerbaijan plays a crucial role in the implementation of the Southern Gas Corridor project for the development of sources and routes of gas supply, as well as its real diversification in Southern and Central Europe.
“We confirmed our mutual interest in the development of transport and gas corridors between Asia and Europe. Our countries occupy a strategic position in the region, and we must take a full advantage of this position,” he said.
The Bulgarian leader pointed out that the relations between the two countries in the sphere of culture, education and science have been developing intensively in recent years.
“I expressed my gratitude to President Aliyev for the implementation by the Heydar Aliyev Foundation of the project on the restoration of Trapezitsa fortress. We believe this is the beginning of fruitful cooperation in the field of education and culture,” he said.
As for the security sphere, Rumen Radev said he supports cooperation with Azerbaijan’s relevant bodies.
“I also want your students to study in our universities,” said the president, stressing that Bulgaria is the center of stability and independence not only in the Balkan Peninsula, but also in the Black Sea region.
“I hope that today’s meeting will be important for fruitful cooperation in all areas in the name of security and peace for our peoples,” President Radev added.
Related news releases
- 20.07.2018President Sergio Mattarella’s visit to Azerbaijan in spotlight of Italian media
- 20.07.2018Azerbaijani president meets with president of French National Assembly
- 20.07.2018Mehriban Aliyeva: 177 foreign legal entities carry out illegal economic activities in occupied Azerbaijani lands - UPDATED
- 20.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev meets with SADE director general
- 20.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev meets with Executive VP of Bouygues Travaux Publics
- 20.07.2018Ilham Aliyev: Forms of threats to global security becoming more complex, dangerous
- 20.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev meets with chairman and CEO of CIFAL Group
- 20.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev meets with Iveco France president
- 20.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev meets with chairman of Rothschild & Co Supervisory Board
- 20.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev meets with Thales International official
- 20.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev met with Managing Director of Wilmotte & Associes Architectes
- 19.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev met with Chief Executive Officer of SUEZ
- 19.07.2018Azerbaijani President Ilham Aliyev met with President of French Senate
- 19.07.2018Azerbaijani President meets with Airbus vice-president for Eurasia
- 19.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev met with Chairman and CEO of Total
- 19.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev met with Chairman and CEO of Naval Group in Paris
- 19.07.2018Azerbaijani President meets with Executive Chairman of French Institute of International Relations in Paris
- 19.07.2018Azerbaijani president arrives in France
- 19.07.2018Sergio Mattarella: Azerbaijan can become ‘the main hero of a new page’ in development of economic potential of three seas
- 19.07.2018Turkish FM expected to visit Azerbaijan
- 19.07.2018Baku hosts Azerbaijan-Italy business forum
- 19.07.2018Sergio Mattarella: "Italy will remain sincere, resolute and loyal partner to Azerbaijan"
- 19.07.2018President of Azerbaijan: "Cooperation between Azerbaijan and Italy successfully develops in all directions"
- 19.07.2018Azerbaijani President signs order on awarding "Shohrat" Order to Laura Mattarella
- 18.07.2018FMs of Caspian states to meet before summit of heads of state
- 18.07.2018Baku urges foreign journalists to respect Azerbaijan’s territorial integrity
- 18.07.2018OSCE/ODIHR releases final report on Azerbaijan’s presidential election
- 18.07.2018Caspian gas ‘very important’ for Europe – Italian president
- 18.07.2018Azerbaijan, Italy ink bilateral documents
- 18.07.2018Presidents of Azerbaijan, Italy hold expanded meeting
- 18.07.2018Azerbaijani, Italian presidents hold one-on-one meeting
- 18.07.2018Italian president welcomed with official ceremony in Azerbaijan
- 17.07.2018Italian President arrives in Azerbaijan for official visit
- 17.07.2018Russia-Azerbaijan ties ‘on the rise’ – new envoy
- 17.07.2018Date set for summit of Caspian states
- 17.07.2018Date of Azerbaijani president’s visit to Russia rescheduled
- 16.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev congratulates Putin on successful organization of FIFA 2020 World Cup
- 16.07.2018Azerbaijani president sends congratulatory letter to Croatian counterpart
- 16.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev congratulates Macron on France’s World Cup victory
- 16.07.2018Tehran condemns terror attack in Azerbaijan’s Ganja city
- 13.10.2017US, Azerbaijan enjoy strong partnership in field of security, diplomat says
- 13.10.2017EU urges dialogue between Azerbaijan and PACE
- 13.10.2017EU says new deal with Azerbaijan should be worked out properly
- 13.10.2017Bulgarian president pays respect to national leader Heydar Aliyev and Azerbaijani heroes
- 13.10.2017Ilham Aliyev: Bulgaria is a very important partner for Azerbaijan - UPDATED
- 13.10.2017Azerbaijani, Armenian presidents to meet in Geneva on Oct. 16