President Ilham Aliyev sends congratulatory letter to China's Xi Jinping
President of Azerbaijan Ilham Aliyev has sent a letter to Xi Jinping, President of the People’s Republic of China and General Secretary of the Central Committee of the Communist Party.
"On behalf of myself and on behalf of the members of the ruling New Azerbaijan Party, I sincerely congratulate all of you and the party you are leading on the occasion of the successful completion of the 19th Congress of the Communist Party of China and your re-election as General Secretary of the Central Committee of the Communist Party of China,” President Aliyev said in his congratulatory letter.
“As a historic event in the socio-political life of your country, the 19th Congress has been marked with important decisions such as the renewal of the Communist Party of China, determining the main directions of its future activities, as well as the well-being of your people, socio-economic development of your country, as well as the adoption of a new concept of foreign policy,” said the Azerbaijani president.
In his letter, President Aliyev noted that Azerbaijan and China enjoy friendly relations and cooperation based on good traditions.
The head of state stressed that active dialogue between the ruling New Azerbaijan Party and the Communist Party of China makes a significant contribution to the strengthening of friendship and mutual understanding between the peoples, as well as overall development of relations between the two countries.
President Aliyev also expressed his confidence that joint efforts will be made for further enhancement of Azerbaijani-Chinese ties, which have deep historical roots, and the successful continuation of cooperation both bilaterally and within the framework of international organizations and projects.
“On this remarkable day, I once again extend my congratulations and best wishes to you and all the members of the Chinese Communist Party and wish the friendly Chinese people prosperity and well-being,” said the Azerbaijani leader.
Related news releases
- 24.11.2017Azerbaijan strongly condemned terror attack in mosque in Egypt
- 24.11.2017Donald Tusk: Unresolved conflicts in partner countries hamper cooperation
- 24.11.2017Azerbaijani president offers condolences to Egyptian counterpart
- 24.11.2017Azerbaijan, EU sign document on Trans-European Transport Network
- 24.11.2017EaP Summit welcomes good progress in talks on new Eu-Azerbaijan agreement
- 24.11.2017EU reaffirms support to territorial integrity of all its partners
- 24.11.2017Joint declaration adopted at EaP summit in Brussels
- 24.11.2017Russia’s key role in relations with Azerbaijan, Armenia ‘apparent’, says Merkel
- 24.11.2017Azerbaijan, Russia sign plan for security cooperation
- 24.11.2017Eastern Partnership summit gets underway in Brussels
- 24.11.2017Alan Duncan: BTK and SGC projects – visible signs of extraordinary co-op between UK and Azerbaijan over past 25 years
- 24.11.2017EaP countries’ leaders officially welcomed in Brussels
- 24.11.2017Eastern Partnership summit to set new goals for future partnership – EU envoy
- 24.11.2017Brussels to host Eastern Partnership summit
- 23.11.2017President Ilham Aliyev invites NATO Sec-Gen to Azerbaijan
- 23.11.2017NATO calls on Azerbaijan to step up security sector reform
- 23.11.2017Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan will continue partnership with NATO to provide stability in region
- 23.11.2017Azerbaijan, Benelux countries agree on visa exemption for service passport holders
- 23.11.2017EU hopes talks on new agreement with Azerbaijan will be finalized next year
- 23.11.2017CMO chairman expresses support for Russia’s anti-ISIL operations
- 23.11.2017EU commissioner: ‘BTK project is in our interest’
- 23.11.2017Johannes Hahn: Eastern Partnership Declaration to be signed tomorrow
- 23.11.2017Azerbaijan, Japan hold political consultations
- 23.11.2017EU says aviation agreement with Azerbaijan will definitely enhance co-op in this sector
- 23.11.2017Azerbaijani president attends NATO's North Atlantic Council meeting
- 23.11.2017President Ilham Aliyev, NATO Sec-Gen Stoltenberg make press statements
- 22.11.2017Head of Azerbaijani PA delivers lecture at meeting of secretaries of CIS security councils
- 22.11.2017Georgian President and PM congratulate President Ilham Aliyev on 25th anniversary of diplomatic relations
- 22.11.2017Azerbaijani, Ukrainian presidents to meet in Brussels
- 21.11.2017Azerbaijani MPs to attend PACE events
- 21.11.2017FM Mammadyarov: Azerbaijan supports combating all forms of terrorism
- 21.11.2017Azerbaijani president congratulates Lebanese counterpart
- 21.11.2017EU concerned over unresolved conflicts in Eastern Partnership region
- 21.11.2017Fuad Isgandarov: EU attitude towards Azerbaijan’s territorial integrity to change soon
- 20.11.2017Top diplomats from Caspian states to meet in Moscow on December 4-5
- 20.11.2017New EU strategy puts emphasis on ties with neighboring countries – envoy
- 20.11.2017Azerbaijani, Russian FMs meet in Baku - UPDATED
- 20.11.2017Baku to host meeting of Russia-Azerbaijan intergovernmental commission on military-technical co-op
- 20.11.2017Lavrov comments on possible creation of Azerbaijan-Turkey-Russia co-op format
- 20.11.2017Lavrov: ‘Menu’ on Karabakh conflict settlement on negotiating table
- 25.10.2017Azerbaijan to allocate about AZN 57 mln to embassies, consulates abroad
- 25.10.2017Iran-Turkmenistan-Kazakhstan railway – serious geopolitical factor: Turkmen diplomat
- 26.10.20174th Eastern Partnership Business Forum kicks off in Tallin
- 25.10.2017Azerbaijani, Italian FMs meet in Palermo
- 24.10.2017Named the main expectation of Azerbaijan from the summit of the Eastern Partnership
- 24.10.2017Baku says Mexican MPs’ illegal visit to Karabakh ‘under investigation’