President Ilham Aliyev reviews pavilions at Astana EXPO-2017 exhibition
Chairman of Board of EXPO 2017 Astana National Company Akhmetzhan Yessimov informed President Ilham Aliyev about the exhibition.
The exhibition, which opened on June 10, features 115 countries and 22 international organizations. The organization of EXPO 2017 Astana international exhibition in Kazakhstan after the United States, France, Germany, Japan, Brazil, Canada, England, Spain and China contributes to development of energy cooperation even further, and exchange of new technologies used in participating countries. The exhibition, which occupies a total area of 174 hectares, features future technologies, innovations in global energy saving, and nuclear energy.
The head of state first viewed Azerbaijan - Land of Energy national booth.
President Ilham Aliyev was informed that Azerbaijan, which is one of the first countries to confirm its participation in EXPO 2017 Astana, has one of the most visited booths. More than one million people visited the Azerbaijani national booth at the exhibition.
The Azerbaijani booth organized by the Heydar Aliyev Center and the Ministry of Energy was made on the basis of the concept of "Land of Energy - energy from the past to future". On July 9, the National Day of Azerbaijan was organized and the booth was officially presented.
A promotional film highlighting Azerbaijan's history, culture, tourism potential and prestigious international sports competitions hosted by the country is being screened at the booth. The three-part booth's entrance hall design is in the shape of a twisted carpet.
The head of state then viewed Kazakhstan`s national booth – Nur Alem.
The 8-storey Nur Alem, the largest booth of the exhibition, covers a total area of 41.5 square metres. The height of the booth is 100 meters and the diameter is 80 meters.
President Ilham Aliyev signed a guest book of EXPO 2017 Astana international exhibition.
- 20.11.2017Top diplomats from Caspian states to meet in Moscow on December 4-5
- 20.11.2017New EU strategy puts emphasis on ties with neighboring countries – envoy
- 20.11.2017Azerbaijani, Russian FMs meet in Baku - UPDATED
- 20.11.2017Baku to host meeting of Russia-Azerbaijan intergovernmental commission on military-technical co-op
- 20.11.2017Lavrov comments on possible creation of Azerbaijan-Turkey-Russia co-op format
- 20.11.2017Lavrov: ‘Menu’ on Karabakh conflict settlement on negotiating table
- 20.11.2017Azerbaijani, Pakistani, Turkish FMs to meet in Baku
- 20.11.2017Russia to host ministerial meeting on Caspian Sea legal status
- 20.11.2017Azerbaijan, Russia sign document on 25th anniversary of diplomatic relations
- 20.11.2017Russia would welcome Azerbaijan’s accession to Eurasian Economic Union, says Lavrov
- 20.11.2017Lavrov: Russia, Azerbaijan are strategic partners
- 19.11.2017President Ilham Aliyev received delegation led by Russian FM
- 17.11.2017Azerbaijani president sends congratulatory letter to Latvian counterpart
- 17.11.2017Meeting of EU-Azerbaijan subcommittee on cooperation to take place in December
- 17.11.2017Azerbaijani deputy FM says talks on new agreement with EU can be finished next year
- 17.11.2017Booking.com restarts illegal hotel reservations in occupied Azerbaijani territories
- 17.11.2017Deputy FM: We try Azerbaijan’s position to be reflected in EaP summit declaration
- 17.11.2017UNICEF regional director to visit Azerbaijan
- 17.11.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives Uzbek deputy PM
- 16.11.2017U.S. actively works with Azerbaijan towards ensuring global energy security – ambassador
- 16.11.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives Kazakh first deputy PM
- 16.11.2017Moscow: Lavrov to discuss bilateral relations in Baku
- 16.11.2017Azerbaijani FM to meet with OSCE MG co-chairs in Moscow
- 16.11.2017Uzbek defense minister in Azerbaijan for official visit
- 15.11.2017Azerbaijani, Brazilian FMs meet in Baku - UPDATED
- 15.11.2017Ilham Aliyev congratulates Borut Pahor on reelection as Slovenian president
- 15.11.2017UK ambassadors from regional countries to hold conference in Baku
- 15.11.2017Brazil’s position on violation of sovereignty in world based on long-term policy – FM
- 15.11.2017Azerbaijan, Brazil agree to expand bilateral ties
- 15.11.2017FM: Brazil supports Azerbaijan’s territorial integrity
- 15.11.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives delegation led by Brazilian FM
- 15.11.2017Azerbaijani president receives Moldovan interior minister - UPDATED
- 15.11.2017A reception is held in Paris in honor of the nomination of Baku as a candidate city for the exhibition "Ехpо 2025"
- 14.11.2017Azerbaijani President sends congratulatory letter to Palestinian President
- 14.11.2017FM Mammadyarov receives governor of Egypt’s South Sinai
- 14.11.2017Ilham Aliyev: CoE secretary general’s activity caused artificial crisis with Azerbaijan
- 14.11.2017Azerbaijani FM receives incoming Sudanese ambassador
- 14.11.2017Azerbaijani FM to visit Moscow on Nov. 16
- 14.11.2017Brazilian FM to visit Azerbaijan
- 13.11.2017Azerbaijani FM receives outgoing ambassador of Bulgaria
- 10.09.2017President Ilham Aliyev met with Chairman of Presidency of Bosnia and Herzegovina Bakir Izetbegovic in Astana
- 10.09.2017President Ilham Aliyev completed working visit to Kazakhstan
- 10.09.2017President Ilham Aliyev: Armenia, which destroyed our holy mosques in Azerbaijan, cannot be a friend of Muslim countries
- 09.09.2017President Ilham Aliyev embarks on visit to Kazakhstan
- 09.09.2017Ilham Aliyev offers condolences to Mexican president
- 08.09.2017Azerbaijan sends 100 tons of humanitarian aid to Rohingya Muslims - UPDATED