President Ilham Aliyev reviews pavilions at Astana EXPO-2017 exhibition
Chairman of Board of EXPO 2017 Astana National Company Akhmetzhan Yessimov informed President Ilham Aliyev about the exhibition.
The exhibition, which opened on June 10, features 115 countries and 22 international organizations. The organization of EXPO 2017 Astana international exhibition in Kazakhstan after the United States, France, Germany, Japan, Brazil, Canada, England, Spain and China contributes to development of energy cooperation even further, and exchange of new technologies used in participating countries. The exhibition, which occupies a total area of 174 hectares, features future technologies, innovations in global energy saving, and nuclear energy.
The head of state first viewed Azerbaijan - Land of Energy national booth.
President Ilham Aliyev was informed that Azerbaijan, which is one of the first countries to confirm its participation in EXPO 2017 Astana, has one of the most visited booths. More than one million people visited the Azerbaijani national booth at the exhibition.
The Azerbaijani booth organized by the Heydar Aliyev Center and the Ministry of Energy was made on the basis of the concept of "Land of Energy - energy from the past to future". On July 9, the National Day of Azerbaijan was organized and the booth was officially presented.
A promotional film highlighting Azerbaijan's history, culture, tourism potential and prestigious international sports competitions hosted by the country is being screened at the booth. The three-part booth's entrance hall design is in the shape of a twisted carpet.
The head of state then viewed Kazakhstan`s national booth – Nur Alem.
The 8-storey Nur Alem, the largest booth of the exhibition, covers a total area of 41.5 square metres. The height of the booth is 100 meters and the diameter is 80 meters.
President Ilham Aliyev signed a guest book of EXPO 2017 Astana international exhibition.
- 20.01.2018Working group on Caspian legal status to meet in February
- 20.01.2018Azerbaijan, Russia to install first border marks in February
- 20.01.2018Azerbaijan, Russia to discuss state border demarcation
- 19.01.2018PACE Sub-Committee on Conflicts to be reconstituted
- 19.01.2018Azerbaijani delegation to attend PACE winter session
- 19.01.2018Azerbaijani president offers condolences to Uzbek counterpart
- 18.01.2018Azerbaijani president to address Davos Economic Forum
- 17.01.2018EU-Azerbaijan comprehensive agreement to be discussed at European Parliament
- 17.01.2018PUIC starts its 13th Session
- 17.01.2018Azerbaijani and French FMs met in Paris - UPDATED
- 16.01.2018Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan, Turkey to continue to implement major projects this year - UPDATED
- 16.01.2018Bulgarian PM completes Azerbaijan visit
- 15.01.2018President Ilham Aliyev: Bulgaria and Azerbaijan will continue to cooperate successfully
- 15.01.2018President Ilham Aliyev has dinner with Bulgarian PM Boyko Borissov
- 15.01.2018Azerbaijani president, Bulgarian PM make press statements
- 15.01.2018Azerbaijani FM to meet with French counterpart
- 15.01.2018Azerbaijani president, Bulgarian PM hold expanded meeting
- 15.01.2018Azerbaijani president holds one-on-one meeting with Bulgarian PM
- 15.01.2018Iran’s Rouhani to visit Baku late March
- 15.01.2018Azerbaijan-Moldova intergovernmental commission on economic co-op to meet in first half of 2018
- 15.01.2018Russia says satisfied with strategic partnership with Azerbaijan
- 15.01.2018President Ilham Aliyev offers condolences to Iranian counterpart
- 13.01.2018Azerbaijan stands firmly next to Turkey on all regional issues – envoy
- 12.01.2018Kestutis Jankauskas: "Negotiations on the aviation agreement between Azerbaijan and the EU are almost completed"
- 12.01.2018Azerbaijani, Swiss presidents to meet in Davos
- 12.01.2018Azerbaijan highly values Italy’s willingness to take responsibility of chairing OSCE at challenging period
- 11.01.2018Azerbaijan joins Framework Agreement on Facilitation of Cross-border Paperless Trade in Asia and the Pacific
- 10.01.2018President Ilham Aliyev extends condolences over death Georgia’s first ambassador to Azerbaijan
- 09.01.2018Bulgarian president phones President Ilham Aliyev
- 08.01.2018President Ilham Aliyev receives credentials of incoming ambassadors - UPDATED
- 08.01.2018NATO official comments on upcoming high-level meeting with Russia in Baku
- 05.01.2018Samad Seyidov comments on change in composition of Azerbaijani delegation to PACE
- 04.01.2018Patriarch Kirill sends congratulatory letter to President Ilham Aliyev
- 04.01.2018Staff of Azerbaijani delegation to PACE changed - UPDATED
- 03.01.2018Azerbaijan and EU to hold next round of negotiations in February
- 30.12.2017We hope that conflict between Azerbaijan and Armenia will be resolved in 2018 – Iranian spokesman
- 30.12.2017Putin congratulates Azerbaijani president
- 29.12.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives letter from Georgian counterpart
- 29.12.2017Azerbaijani MPs slam Georgia’s intention to provide Armenia with access to Russia
- 29.12.2017Ambassador: Azerbaijan-Georgia economic cooperation yet to reach its potential - INTERVIEW
- 10.09.2017President Ilham Aliyev met with Chairman of Presidency of Bosnia and Herzegovina Bakir Izetbegovic in Astana
- 10.09.2017President Ilham Aliyev completed working visit to Kazakhstan
- 10.09.2017President Ilham Aliyev: Armenia, which destroyed our holy mosques in Azerbaijan, cannot be a friend of Muslim countries
- 09.09.2017President Ilham Aliyev embarks on visit to Kazakhstan
- 09.09.2017Ilham Aliyev offers condolences to Mexican president
- 08.09.2017Azerbaijan sends 100 tons of humanitarian aid to Rohingya Muslims - UPDATED