Azerbaijani president receives WB regional director for South Caucasus - UPDATED
President of the Republic of Azerbaijan Ilham Aliyev has received Regional Director of the World Bank for the South Caucasus Mercy Tembon.
Regional Director of the World Bank for the South Caucasus Mercy Tembon congratulated President Ilham Aliyev on the achievements and the successfully implemented reforms in the economic sphere in Azerbaijan.
Mercy Tembon noted that the organization she represents hails bilateral cooperation with Azerbaijan in all this positive processes. She said that they have witnessed the fact that these achievements benefit people in Azerbaijan, adding that ensuring the diversification of economy and the achievement of economic development improve the welfare of the population.
The World Bank Regional Director also noted that the economic development of Azerbaijan creates a good opportunity for the employment of population and their involvement in various activities.
The head of state thanked for the warm words, underlining the economic development in Azerbaijan has yielded good results in recent years.
President Ilham Aliyev noted that this manifests itself both in the macroeconomic sphere, and in the development of real sector, and the non-oil sector.
The head of state pointed out that 177000 permanent jobs were created in Azerbaijan last year, which is a record figure. Saying that non-oil sector increased by 3 per cent, President Ilham Aliyev hailed the successful implementation of huge infrastructure projects in the country.
The head of state emphasized that all these economic achievements contribute to the sustainable development and ensuring public and political stability in Azerbaijan.
Saying that Azerbaijan's economic development is reflected in the reports of the Davos Economic Forum, President Ilham Aliyev hailed the fact that Azerbaijan has moved up two spots to rank 35th in the world for its economic competitiveness in 2017, and third among developing countries upon Inclusive Development Index.
Related news releases
- 27.05.2018Meeting between Azerbaijani, French FMs kicks off in Baku
- 27.05.2018Azerbaijani president expected to visit France in July
- 27.05.2018President Ilham Aliyev received French minister of Europe and foreign affairs - UPDATED
- 27.05.2018MFA:The sovereign territory of the Azerbaijani Democratic Republic was 114,000 square kilometers
- 26.05.2018Ogtay Asadov attends events dedicated to centenary of first Georgian republic
- 26.05.2018Emmanuel Macron: France to do its utmost for fair resolution of Nagorno-Karabakh conflict
- 26.05.2018Italian president congratulates Ilham Aliyev
- 26.05.2018Finnish President congratulates Ilham Aliyev
- 26.05.2018Azerbaijan’s parliamentary speaker starts visit to Georgia
- 26.05.2018San Diego proclaims May 28 as “100th Anniversary of the Azerbaijan Democratic Republic Day”
- 26.05.2018Mayor of Cleveland signs proclamation designating May 28 as Centennial Celebration of the Azerbaijan Democratic Republic
- 25.05.2018Leaders of some countries congratulate Azerbaijani president
- 25.05.2018Japan’s Emperor Akihito congratulates President Ilham Aliyev
- 25.05.2018Jamestown Foundation dedicates article to centenary of Azerbaijani Democratic Republic
- 25.05.2018Los Angeles celebrates 100th anniversary of Azerbaijan Democratic Republic
- 24.05.2018Consultations held in Astana concerning Caspian legal status
- 24.05.2018Chinese president: Azerbaijan’s int’l status and influence growing day after day
- 24.05.2018Putin: Azerbaijan enjoys great authority in int’l community
- 24.05.2018Azerbaijani president pardons 634 people - UPDATED
- 24.05.2018Ambassador: French FM’s upcoming visit to Azerbaijan will be contribution to ADR centenary
- 24.05.2018Donald Trump sends congratulatory letter to Ilham Aliyev
- 23.05.2018Stefan Schennach: Samad Seyidov has to be replaced in PACE June session
- 23.05.2018Turkmen, Ukrainian leaders congratulate Azerbaijani president
- 23.05.2018Turkey’s Erdogan congratulates President Ilham Aliyev
- 23.05.2018Russian PM congratulates President Ilham Aliyev
- 23.05.2018Georgian gov’t won’t oppose public opinion and agree to open alternative route to Armenia – political analyst
- 23.05.2018Mayor of Las Vegas signs proclamation on 100th anniversary of Azerbaijan Democratic Republic
- 22.05.2018EU, Azerbaijan to hold talks on new agreement in late May
- 22.05.2018King of Saudi Arabia congratulates President Ilham Aliyev
- 22.05.2018Queen Elizabeth II congratulates President Ilham Aliyev
- 22.05.2018Leaders of some countries congratulate Azerbaijani president
- 22.05.2018Serbian president ends official visit to Azerbaijan
- 22.05.2018Azerbaijani Foreign Ministry holds expanded meeting
- 22.05.2018George Tsereteli: No decision on OSCE PA’s special rep. for South Caucasus
- 22.05.2018OSCE PA President: Enough resources for constructive cooperation with Azerbaijan - INTERVIEW
- 22.05.2018California Governor congratulates Azerbaijan on 100th anniversary of ADR
- 21.05.2018Vucic: Serbia intends to develop co-op with Azerbaijan in all spheres
- 21.05.2018Ilham Aliyev: Relations with Serbia of great importance to Azerbaijan
- 21.05.2018Aleksandar Vucic: Much remains to be done in Serbia in terms of Azerbaijan’s interests
- 21.05.2018President Vucic: Serbia is friendly country to Azerbaijan
- 19.06.2017Ali Hasanov: European Parliament resolution on Azerbaijan is unfair
- 19.06.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives delegation led by Lao foreign minister - UPDATED
- 20.06.2017Azerbaijani president offers condolences over former German chancellor's death - UPDATED
- 17.06.2017Azerbaijani president offers condolence over Helmut Kohl’s death
- 17.06.2017Robert Cekuta: Diversity of Azerbaijan’s religious communities is source of strength
- 16.06.2017Azerbaijan confirms its composition of joint intergovernmental commission with Israel