Azerbaijani president receives WB regional director for South Caucasus - UPDATED
President of the Republic of Azerbaijan Ilham Aliyev has received Regional Director of the World Bank for the South Caucasus Mercy Tembon.
Regional Director of the World Bank for the South Caucasus Mercy Tembon congratulated President Ilham Aliyev on the achievements and the successfully implemented reforms in the economic sphere in Azerbaijan.
Mercy Tembon noted that the organization she represents hails bilateral cooperation with Azerbaijan in all this positive processes. She said that they have witnessed the fact that these achievements benefit people in Azerbaijan, adding that ensuring the diversification of economy and the achievement of economic development improve the welfare of the population.
The World Bank Regional Director also noted that the economic development of Azerbaijan creates a good opportunity for the employment of population and their involvement in various activities.
The head of state thanked for the warm words, underlining the economic development in Azerbaijan has yielded good results in recent years.
President Ilham Aliyev noted that this manifests itself both in the macroeconomic sphere, and in the development of real sector, and the non-oil sector.
The head of state pointed out that 177000 permanent jobs were created in Azerbaijan last year, which is a record figure. Saying that non-oil sector increased by 3 per cent, President Ilham Aliyev hailed the successful implementation of huge infrastructure projects in the country.
The head of state emphasized that all these economic achievements contribute to the sustainable development and ensuring public and political stability in Azerbaijan.
Saying that Azerbaijan's economic development is reflected in the reports of the Davos Economic Forum, President Ilham Aliyev hailed the fact that Azerbaijan has moved up two spots to rank 35th in the world for its economic competitiveness in 2017, and third among developing countries upon Inclusive Development Index.
Related news releases
- 20.02.2018Sergey Lebedev to lead CIS observation mission in Azerbaijan presidential election - UPDATED
- 20.02.2018Outgoing Czech ambassador to Azerbaijan to serve as envoy to Russia
- 19.02.2018Azerbaijan names new ambassador to Jordan
- 19.02.2018Azerbaijan appoints new consul in Batumi
- 19.02.2018Azerbaijan, Turkmenistan mull energy cooperation
- 19.02.2018Montenegrin president to attend 6th Global Baku Forum
- 19.02.2018ODIHR needs assessment mission to arrive in Baku on Feb. 21 - UPDATED
- 19.02.2018PACE to decide on sending mission for observation of Azerbaijan presidential election in mid-March
- 19.02.2018Ilham Aliyev: Armenia’s hypocritical position is key impediment to achieving progress in Karabakh talks - UPDATED
- 19.02.2018EU special rep. for South Caucasus arrives in Baku
- 17.02.2018Baku hosts event in support of Turkey’s Afrin op
- 16.02.2018Azerbaijani FM attends roundtable at Munich Security Conference
- 16.02.2018Azerbaijani MFA: Armenia's speaking of peace is a 'clear hypocrisy'
- 16.02.2018Baku reacts to Russian MFA spokesperson’s remarks
- 16.02.2018Azerbaijani FM to meet with OSCE chairman
- 16.02.2018Azerbaijan invites int’l observers to monitor upcoming presidential election – EU envoy
- 16.02.201854th Munich Security Conference to start today
- 15.02.2018Azerbaijani president: New agreement with EU to create a new co-op format
- 15.02.2018President Ilham Aliyev offers condolences to Donald Trump
- 15.02.2018Azerbaijani president meets with Italian deputy economic development minister
- 15.02.2018Azerbaijani FM to attend Munich Security Conference
- 15.02.2018Summit of Caspian states to take place in 2H18
- 14.02.2018Azerbaijani president sends congratulatory letter to Serbian counterpart
- 14.02.2018GUAM to send observation mission for upcoming presidential election in Azerbaijan
- 14.02.2018Another member of "Music for Peace" project off Azerbaijan’s ‘black list’
- 14.02.2018Azerbaijan excludes another Russian musician from “blacklist”
- 14.02.2018Ali Hasanov: Legal proceedings to be initiated against organizers, executors of anti-Azerbaijani campaign
- 14.02.2018Russian musician Vitaly Vatulya removed from Azerbaijan’s ‘blacklist’
- 14.02.2018FM: Co-op with EU does not affect Azerbaijan’s friendly ties with Russia
- 14.02.2018Council of Europe receives invitations from Azerbaijan to observe technical preparation meetings for presidential election
- 14.02.2018Azerbaijan one of most active members of PACE – CoE Baku Office
- 14.02.2018FM Mammadyarov: Azerbaijan, EU have some divergent views on issues of trade, tariffs and subsidies
- 14.02.2018FM: Azerbaijan attaches great importance to development of strategic partnership with Russia
- 14.02.2018President Ilham Aliyev receives British PM's trade envoy
- 14.02.2018Azerbaijan removes Argentinean musician from ‘blacklist’
- 14.02.2018President Ilham Aliyev receives US delegation
- 14.02.2018British PM's trade envoy arrives in Azerbaijan
- 13.02.2018Azerbaijan invites PACE to observe presidential election
- 13.02.2018Milan court acquits Luca Volontè accused of political corruption linked to Azerbaijan
- 13.02.2018CIS Inter-Parliamentary Assembly to observe presidential election in Azerbaijan
- 06.02.2018State Dept. official: U.S highly appreciates Azerbaijan's contribution to security cooperation - UPDATED
- 06.02.2018Azerbaijani FM meets with U.S. Deputy Assistant Secretary of State
- 06.02.2018Azerbaijan appoints new ambassador to Saudi Arabia
- 06.02.2018Azerbaijan’s Gabala selected as Islamic Tourism Capital for 2020
- 06.02.2018Date of OSCE PA president’s visit to Azerbaijan announced
- 05.02.2018PACE co-rapporteurs to visit Azerbaijan soon