President Ilham Aliyev receives U.S. Deputy Assistant Secretary of State - UPDATED
President of the Republic of Azerbaijan Ilham Aliyev has received US Deputy Assistant Secretary of State in the Bureau of European and Eurasian Affairs Bridget Brink.
The successful development of the Azerbaijan-US bilateral relations in political, economic, energy, and security fields was hailed at the meeting.
The importance of the inauguration of the Southern Gas Corridor was emphasized, Azerbaijan’s growing role in ensuring Europe’s energy security was underlined during the conversation.
President Ilham Aliyev thanked for the US President Donald Trump’s remarks on the Azerbaijan-US bilateral relations which he expressed in the letters of congratulation addressed on the occasion of the 100th anniversary of the Azerbaijan Democratic Republic and the inauguration of the Southern Gas Corridor. The head of state described this as a manifestation of high-level relations between the two countries.
On the settlement of the Armenia-Azerbaijan Nagorno-Karabakh conflict, the head of state noted that Azerbaijan’s position is that the dispute must be solved as soon as possible on the basis of the norms and principles of international law within the territorial integrity of Azerbaijan.
Azerbaijan’s contribution to the fight against international terrorism as well as its involvement in peacekeeping operations in Afghanistan was hailed during the conversation.
The sides also exchanged views on energy relations, regional cooperation and democratic development.
Related news releases
- 19.06.2018Russian State Duma chairman to visit Azerbaijan
- 19.06.2018UN High Commissioner for Human Rights calls Azerbaijan actively cooperating country
- 19.06.2018Azerbaijani parliament speaker to visit China
- 18.06.2018Baku: No Azerbaijani nationals among Japan earthquake victims
- 15.06.2018Vice-Speaker: Georgia's failure to attend TANAP opening ceremony was due to domestic political situation in the country
- 14.06.2018Delegation of Nizami Ganjavi International Center meets Israeli defense minister
- 14.06.2018Azerbaijani flag hoisted outside Philadelphia Mayor’s Office
- 13.06.2018Donald Trump congratulates Ilham Aliyev on Eid al-Fitr
- 13.06.2018Process of border delimitation with Georgia ‘relatively passive’, says Azerbaijan
- 13.06.2018Putin: Political co-op between Russia, Azerbaijan is stable
- 13.06.2018Summit of Caspian states planned to be held in first half of August – Azerbaijani diplomat
- 13.06.2018Azerbaijani president to visit Russia again on Aug. 30 – Putin
- 13.06.2018PACE Monitoring Committee to appoint new co-rapporteur on Azerbaijan on June 28
- 13.06.2018PACE to appoint rapporteur for preparation of report on “political prisoners in Azerbaijan”
- 13.06.2018Matthew Bryza: TANAP has turned Azerbaijan into a key player in global energy market - INTERVIEW
- 13.06.2018Azerbaijani President pays working visit to Russia
- 12.06.2018Azerbaijani president to visit Ukraine
- 12.06.2018Azerbaijan invites Ukraine to join Southern Gas Corridor project
- 12.06.2018President Ilham Aliyev meets BP CEO - UPDATED
- 12.06.2018Azerbaijani, Ukrainian presidents meet in Turkey
- 11.06.2018President Ilham Aliyev congratulates Vladimir Putin
- 11.06.2018Azerbaijan grants temporary residence permits to over 3,000 foreigners in May
- 11.06.2018No plan for Azerbaijani, Armenian leaders to meet in Moscow – Yerevan
- 11.06.2018Azerbaijani president to attend FIFA World Cup opening ceremony in Russia
- 10.06.2018President Ilham Aliyev accepted credentials of incoming Bulgarian ambassador - UPDATED
- 10.06.2018President Ilham Aliyev received credentials of incoming Peruvian ambassador - UPDATED
- 10.06.2018President Ilham Aliyev received credentials of incoming Russian ambassador - UPDATED
- 09.06.2018Samad Seyidov: There is possibility of pressure on Azerbaijan under the name of “political prisoner”
- 09.06.2018Azerbaijan plays crucial role in geopolitical, transport and energy issues: ACRE
- 09.06.2018ACRE calls for end to anti-Azerbaijani decisions in Council of Europe
- 09.06.2018Baku Summit of Alliance of Conservatives and Reformists in Europe kicks off
- 08.06.2018President Ilham Aliyev congratulates Queen Elizabeth II
- 08.06.2018Azerbaijan’s Cabinet of Ministers holds expanded meeting
- 08.06.2018Ilham Aliyev receives president of Alliance of Conservatives and Reformists in Europe
- 08.06.2018Azerbaijani FM receives incoming Russian ambassador
- 08.06.2018U.S. welcomes TANAP completion – diplomat
- 08.06.2018Incoming U.S. ambassador to Azerbaijan not named yet, diplomat says
- 08.06.2018Gambia supports Azerbaijan’s position on Karabakh conflict settlement – FM
- 08.06.2018FM: Gambian president resolutely condemns occupation of Azerbaijani lands by Armenia - UPDATED
- 08.06.2018Russia’s new ambassador to Azerbaijan arrives in Baku
- 31.05.2018President Aliyev: Strengthening of Islamic solidarity among Azerbaijan’s foreign policy priorities
- 31.05.2018Azerbaijan Business Center opens in Astrakhan
- 31.05.2018Azerbaijan says ready for substantive talks with Armenia
- 31.05.2018Azerbaijani, Ukrainian FMs meet in New York
- 31.05.2018President Ilham Aliyev receives envoys, heads of diplomatic missions of Muslim countries
- 30.05.2018Pakistani president congratulates Ilham Aliyev