State Dept. official: U.S highly appreciates Azerbaijan's contribution to security cooperation - UPDATED
President of the Republic of Azerbaijan Ilham Aliyev has received US Deputy Assistant Secretary of State Bridget Brink.
The head of state hailed the successful development of Azerbaijan-US bilateral relations in a variety of areas.
Pointing to the global projects implemented by Azerbaijan, President Ilham Aliyev underlined the importance of the US support for the Southern Gas Corridor project.
The head of state noted that the US Deputy Assistant Secretary Bridget Brink's visit to Azerbaijan creates good opportunity to discuss the issues relating to prospects for bilateral relations.
US Deputy Assistant Secretary of State Bridget Brink underlined the US administration's support for the Southern Gas Corridor project. She said that the US highly appreciates Azerbaijan's contribution to security cooperation, as well as the peacekeeping operations in Afghanistan.
They discussed the economic cooperation between Azerbaijan and the United States. The importance of the recently launched Baku-Tbilisi-Kars railway was hailed, underlining its significant role in terms of being a new transportation route between Europe and Asia.
They exchanged views on the US companies' successful activities in Azerbaijan, and increasing trade and expanding export opportunities between the two countries.
They pointed to the Armenia-Azerbaijan Nagorno-Karabakh conflict, saying broad discussions will be held on the settlement of the dispute during the meeting with the Minsk Group co-chairs to be held in Baku tomorrow.
The sides also exchanged views on a number of issues, including the democratic development, ensuring the rule of law, and human rights protection.
Related news releases
- 17.02.2018Baku hosts event in support of Turkey’s Afrin op
- 16.02.2018Azerbaijani FM attends roundtable at Munich Security Conference
- 16.02.2018Azerbaijani MFA: Armenia's speaking of peace is a 'clear hypocrisy'
- 16.02.2018Baku reacts to Russian MFA spokesperson’s remarks
- 16.02.2018Azerbaijani FM to meet with OSCE chairman
- 16.02.2018Azerbaijan invites int’l observers to monitor upcoming presidential election – EU envoy
- 16.02.201854th Munich Security Conference to start today
- 15.02.2018Azerbaijani president: New agreement with EU to create a new co-op format
- 15.02.2018President Ilham Aliyev offers condolences to Donald Trump
- 15.02.2018Azerbaijani president meets with Italian deputy economic development minister
- 15.02.2018Azerbaijani FM to attend Munich Security Conference
- 15.02.2018Summit of Caspian states to take place in 2H18
- 14.02.2018Azerbaijani president sends congratulatory letter to Serbian counterpart
- 14.02.2018GUAM to send observation mission for upcoming presidential election in Azerbaijan
- 14.02.2018Another member of "Music for Peace" project off Azerbaijan’s ‘black list’
- 14.02.2018Azerbaijan excludes another Russian musician from “blacklist”
- 14.02.2018Ali Hasanov: Legal proceedings to be initiated against organizers, executors of anti-Azerbaijani campaign
- 14.02.2018Russian musician Vitaly Vatulya removed from Azerbaijan’s ‘blacklist’
- 14.02.2018FM: Co-op with EU does not affect Azerbaijan’s friendly ties with Russia
- 14.02.2018Council of Europe receives invitations from Azerbaijan to observe technical preparation meetings for presidential election
- 14.02.2018Azerbaijan one of most active members of PACE – CoE Baku Office
- 14.02.2018FM Mammadyarov: Azerbaijan, EU have some divergent views on issues of trade, tariffs and subsidies
- 14.02.2018FM: Azerbaijan attaches great importance to development of strategic partnership with Russia
- 14.02.2018President Ilham Aliyev receives British PM's trade envoy
- 14.02.2018Azerbaijan removes Argentinean musician from ‘blacklist’
- 14.02.2018President Ilham Aliyev receives US delegation
- 14.02.2018British PM's trade envoy arrives in Azerbaijan
- 13.02.2018Azerbaijan invites PACE to observe presidential election
- 13.02.2018Milan court acquits Luca Volontè accused of political corruption linked to Azerbaijan
- 13.02.2018CIS Inter-Parliamentary Assembly to observe presidential election in Azerbaijan
- 13.02.2018President Ilham Aliyev receives Formula 1 Group CEO
- 12.02.2018Azerbaijan sends invitation to ODIHR for observation of presidential election
- 12.02.2018Azerbaijani FM meets with delegation of Holy See
- 12.02.2018Azerbaijani president offers condolences to Russian counterpart
- 10.02.2018Azerbaijani president sends congratulatory letter to Iranian counterpart
- 10.02.2018President Ilham Aliyev receives delegation of Holy See - UPDATED
- 09.02.2018Azerbaijani Ambassador to Estonia met with Vice-Mayor of Tallinn
- 09.02.2018Azerbaijan, EU agree to create mechanism for dialogue on security and energy issues
- 09.02.2018EU’s Mogherini reiterates importance of respect for fundamental freedoms, human rights
- 09.02.2018Azerbaijan says 2017 proved to be productive for advancement of co-op with EU
- 06.02.2018Azerbaijani FM meets with U.S. Deputy Assistant Secretary of State
- 06.02.2018Azerbaijan appoints new ambassador to Saudi Arabia
- 06.02.2018Azerbaijan names new consul general in Dubai
- 06.02.2018Azerbaijani president receives WB regional director for South Caucasus - UPDATED
- 06.02.2018Azerbaijan’s Gabala selected as Islamic Tourism Capital for 2020
- 06.02.2018Date of OSCE PA president’s visit to Azerbaijan announced