State Dept. official: U.S highly appreciates Azerbaijan's contribution to security cooperation - UPDATED
President of the Republic of Azerbaijan Ilham Aliyev has received US Deputy Assistant Secretary of State Bridget Brink.
The head of state hailed the successful development of Azerbaijan-US bilateral relations in a variety of areas.
Pointing to the global projects implemented by Azerbaijan, President Ilham Aliyev underlined the importance of the US support for the Southern Gas Corridor project.
The head of state noted that the US Deputy Assistant Secretary Bridget Brink's visit to Azerbaijan creates good opportunity to discuss the issues relating to prospects for bilateral relations.
US Deputy Assistant Secretary of State Bridget Brink underlined the US administration's support for the Southern Gas Corridor project. She said that the US highly appreciates Azerbaijan's contribution to security cooperation, as well as the peacekeeping operations in Afghanistan.
They discussed the economic cooperation between Azerbaijan and the United States. The importance of the recently launched Baku-Tbilisi-Kars railway was hailed, underlining its significant role in terms of being a new transportation route between Europe and Asia.
They exchanged views on the US companies' successful activities in Azerbaijan, and increasing trade and expanding export opportunities between the two countries.
They pointed to the Armenia-Azerbaijan Nagorno-Karabakh conflict, saying broad discussions will be held on the settlement of the dispute during the meeting with the Minsk Group co-chairs to be held in Baku tomorrow.
The sides also exchanged views on a number of issues, including the democratic development, ensuring the rule of law, and human rights protection.
Related news releases
- 24.05.2018Consultations held in Astana concerning Caspian legal status
- 24.05.2018Chinese president: Azerbaijan’s int’l status and influence growing day after day
- 24.05.2018Putin: Azerbaijan has massive influence in int’l arena
- 24.05.2018Azerbaijani president pardons 634 people - UPDATED
- 24.05.2018Ambassador: French FM’s upcoming visit to Azerbaijan will be contribution to ADR centenary
- 24.05.2018Donald Trump sends congratulatory letter to Ilham Aliyev
- 23.05.2018Stefan Schennach: Samad Seyidov has to be replaced in PACE June session
- 23.05.2018Turkmen, Ukrainian leaders congratulate Azerbaijani president
- 23.05.2018Turkey’s Erdogan congratulates President Ilham Aliyev
- 23.05.2018Russian PM congratulates President Ilham Aliyev
- 23.05.2018Georgian gov’t won’t oppose public opinion and agree to open alternative route to Armenia – political analyst
- 23.05.2018Mayor of Las Vegas signs proclamation on 100th anniversary of Azerbaijan Democratic Republic
- 22.05.2018EU, Azerbaijan to hold talks on new agreement in late May
- 22.05.2018King of Saudi Arabia congratulates President Ilham Aliyev
- 22.05.2018Queen Elizabeth II congratulates President Ilham Aliyev
- 22.05.2018Leaders of some countries congratulate Azerbaijani president
- 22.05.2018Serbian president ends official visit to Azerbaijan
- 22.05.2018Azerbaijani Foreign Ministry holds expanded meeting
- 22.05.2018George Tsereteli: No decision on OSCE PA’s special rep. for South Caucasus
- 22.05.2018OSCE PA President: Enough resources for constructive cooperation with Azerbaijan - INTERVIEW
- 22.05.2018California Governor congratulates Azerbaijan on 100th anniversary of ADR
- 21.05.2018Vucic: Serbia intends to develop co-op with Azerbaijan in all spheres
- 21.05.2018Ilham Aliyev: Relations with Serbia of great importance to Azerbaijan
- 21.05.2018Aleksandar Vucic: Much remains to be done in Serbia in terms of Azerbaijan’s interests
- 21.05.2018President Vucic: Serbia is friendly country to Azerbaijan
- 21.05.2018Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan-Serbia ties will continue to develop successfully
- 21.05.2018Azerbaijani, Serbian presidents make press statements
- 21.05.2018Azerbaijan, Serbia ink several documents
- 21.05.2018Presidents of Azerbaijan, Serbia hold expanded meeting
- 21.05.2018Azerbaijani, Serbian presidents hold one-on-one meeting
- 21.05.2018Serbia’s Vucic officially welcomed in Baku
- 21.05.2018Ilham Aliyev: Significant work done towards rapid reduction of unemployment - UPDATED
- 21.05.2018Serbian president arrives in Azerbaijan
- 21.05.2018Legal status of Caspian Sea to be discussed in Astana on May 21-24
- 19.05.2018Poroshenko signs decree on recalling Ukraine’s representatives from CIS statutory bodies
- 19.05.2018Elmar Mammadyarov: "Azerbaijan remains ready to contribute to the just solution of the Palestinian issue"
- 18.05.2018Azerbaijan’s First Vice-President meets with UNESCO Director General in Paris
- 18.05.2018Mehriban Aliyev attends conference on 80th birthday of Koïchiro Matsuura in Paris
- 18.05.2018Azerbaijani, Kyrgyz presidents hold phone talk
- 18.05.2018Baku to convey serious protest to Russian Foreign Ministry
- 05.04.2018President Ilham Aliyev meets with Serbian FM - UPDATED
- 05.04.2018Azerbaijani president meets with Venezuelan foreign minister - UPDATED
- 05.04.2018OSCE PA to send election observation mission to Azerbaijan next week
- 05.04.2018President Ilham Aliyev receives North Korean FM - UPDATED
- 05.04.2018Palestinian FM urges UN to investigate Israeli attacks
- 05.04.2018U.S. fails to fulfill obligations on int’l security: Iran’s Zarif