Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan, Turkey to continue to implement major projects this year - UPDATED
President of the Republic of Azerbaijan Ilham Aliyev on Tuesday received a delegation led by head of the Foreign Relations Committee of the Grand National Assembly of Turkey Volkan Bozkir, APA reported.
V. Bozkir noted that the purpose of his visit is to attend a joint meeting with the Azerbaijani Parliament’s Committee on International and Inter-Parliamentary Relations.
Touching on the upcoming anniversary of the 20 January events, Bozkır said the current year will be prominent with a number of important events. He said Azerbaijan will hold a series of events on the occasion of the 100th anniversary of the establishment of the Azerbaijan Democratic Republic, the 100th anniversary of the Caucasian Islamic Army's liberation of Baku from Armenian invasion, and the celebration of the 25th anniversary of Turkey having been the first country to recognize Azerbaijan’s state independence.
Noting that he visited Turkey three times last year, President Aliyev emphasized the importance of the visits of the Turkish president, prime minister, as well as various ministers and MPs to Azerbaijan. Friendly relations and cooperation between Azerbaijan and Turkey are steadily strengthening, said the head of state, adding that the two countries enjoy close cooperation and mutual support within international organizations.
The head of state expressed his confidence that Volkan Bozkir’s visit to Baku will be successful and the inter-parliamentary relations will further strengthen the unity and cooperation between Azerbaijan and Turkey.
President Aliyev said that 2018 will surely be a year full of important events, underlining that Azerbaijan and Turkey will continue to implement major projects this year.
Related news releases
- 17.02.2018Baku hosts event in support of Turkey’s Afrin op
- 16.02.2018Azerbaijani FM attends roundtable at Munich Security Conference
- 16.02.2018Azerbaijani MFA: Armenia's speaking of peace is a 'clear hypocrisy'
- 16.02.2018Baku reacts to Russian MFA spokesperson’s remarks
- 16.02.2018Azerbaijani FM to meet with OSCE chairman
- 16.02.2018Azerbaijan invites int’l observers to monitor upcoming presidential election – EU envoy
- 16.02.201854th Munich Security Conference to start today
- 15.02.2018Azerbaijani president: New agreement with EU to create a new co-op format
- 15.02.2018President Ilham Aliyev offers condolences to Donald Trump
- 15.02.2018Azerbaijani president meets with Italian deputy economic development minister
- 15.02.2018Azerbaijani FM to attend Munich Security Conference
- 15.02.2018Summit of Caspian states to take place in 2H18
- 14.02.2018Azerbaijani president sends congratulatory letter to Serbian counterpart
- 14.02.2018GUAM to send observation mission for upcoming presidential election in Azerbaijan
- 14.02.2018Another member of "Music for Peace" project off Azerbaijan’s ‘black list’
- 14.02.2018Azerbaijan excludes another Russian musician from “blacklist”
- 14.02.2018Ali Hasanov: Legal proceedings to be initiated against organizers, executors of anti-Azerbaijani campaign
- 14.02.2018Russian musician Vitaly Vatulya removed from Azerbaijan’s ‘blacklist’
- 14.02.2018FM: Co-op with EU does not affect Azerbaijan’s friendly ties with Russia
- 14.02.2018Council of Europe receives invitations from Azerbaijan to observe technical preparation meetings for presidential election
- 14.02.2018Azerbaijan one of most active members of PACE – CoE Baku Office
- 14.02.2018FM Mammadyarov: Azerbaijan, EU have some divergent views on issues of trade, tariffs and subsidies
- 14.02.2018FM: Azerbaijan attaches great importance to development of strategic partnership with Russia
- 14.02.2018President Ilham Aliyev receives British PM's trade envoy
- 14.02.2018Azerbaijan removes Argentinean musician from ‘blacklist’
- 14.02.2018President Ilham Aliyev receives US delegation
- 14.02.2018British PM's trade envoy arrives in Azerbaijan
- 13.02.2018Azerbaijan invites PACE to observe presidential election
- 13.02.2018Milan court acquits Luca Volontè accused of political corruption linked to Azerbaijan
- 13.02.2018CIS Inter-Parliamentary Assembly to observe presidential election in Azerbaijan
- 13.02.2018President Ilham Aliyev receives Formula 1 Group CEO
- 12.02.2018Azerbaijan sends invitation to ODIHR for observation of presidential election
- 12.02.2018Azerbaijani FM meets with delegation of Holy See
- 12.02.2018Azerbaijani president offers condolences to Russian counterpart
- 10.02.2018Azerbaijani president sends congratulatory letter to Iranian counterpart
- 10.02.2018President Ilham Aliyev receives delegation of Holy See - UPDATED
- 09.02.2018Azerbaijani Ambassador to Estonia met with Vice-Mayor of Tallinn
- 09.02.2018Azerbaijan, EU agree to create mechanism for dialogue on security and energy issues
- 09.02.2018EU’s Mogherini reiterates importance of respect for fundamental freedoms, human rights
- 09.02.2018Azerbaijan says 2017 proved to be productive for advancement of co-op with EU
- 17.01.2018Azerbaijani and French FMs met in Paris - UPDATED
- 17.01.2018PUIC starts its 13th Session
- 17.01.2018EU-Azerbaijan comprehensive agreement to be discussed at European Parliament
- 16.01.2018Bulgarian PM completes Azerbaijan visit
- 15.01.2018President Ilham Aliyev: Bulgaria and Azerbaijan will continue to cooperate successfully
- 15.01.2018President Ilham Aliyev has dinner with Bulgarian PM Boyko Borissov